The Slaughter of The Morgan Family | Teen Ink

The Slaughter of The Morgan Family

May 3, 2022
By Corbin159, Roxana, Illinois
More by this author
Corbin159, Roxana, Illinois
0 articles 0 photos 0 comments

Author's note:

It was for a class.

The author's comments:

It's not a chapter just a short story.

The Slaughter of The Morgan Family

It was a rainy night about 3 ½ months from now. A lady was out driving along a windy road with no other people in sight. She was in a very bad mental state every move twitchy and shaky. None of this was made any better by the pills she had and was continuing to take as she drove. She popped a third, fourth, fifth. Eight pills deep and her vision gets blurry, head gets foggy, and stomach gets nauseous. Constantly drifting in and out she hits a wet patch and loses control into a tree. Windows shattered, engine smoking, and a tree branch piercing between her eyes this was the end of Stephany Morgan.

Over the course of time reading to the present the home life of her family had begun falling apart but still struggling to stay whole. She had a husband named Jake Morgan, 36, a daughter named Makayla Morgan, 16, and son Bradley Morgan, 9. Over this course of time Jake picked up a very serious drinking habit, one he didn’t have before due to trying to be the sober adult of the two, but this became nearly impossible to control after Stephany’s death. Makayla was torn and became very depressed, this led her to eventually start hanging around the wrong group of people who convinced her she could feel closer to her mom if she too began popping pills, and so she did. It started light maybe 3 times a week but that quickly turned into 3 times each day. Her little brother Bradley was very self kept he seemed normal but his school performance suffered severely.

Makayla was heavily addicted by this point and the pills she was getting couldn’t satisfy her hunger. She talked to one of her bestfriends that she knew had a lot of sources. The bell rang after school one day and they went to the park to meet with the new dealer Makaylas friend set her up with. His name remained unknown but the man appeared to be about her fathers age, he was tall maybe 6 foot, eyes blue like the ocean but carried some type of energy that wasn’t quite right. He moved very shakily and appeared to mouth words to himself a lot, at first this worried Makayla but she figured he was a junky and just wanted the pills so she thought nothing of it. When the man went to hand her the pills he stopped, looked at Makaylas eyes then up and down her body. His face had switched completely from a look of disorder and emptiness to purposeful and frightened. The man shook his head mumbling something to himself but couldn’t be heard. She quickly grabbed the pills, handed the money and left. Makayla got back home and instantly went to her room locking the door. She layed in her bed with the lights off, only the tv was on but nothing playing. She opened up the bottle and took out a pill, they looked nothing like anything she had ever tried or seen before, they were little animal shapes, this almost made her laugh but then she remembered why she was the way she was and wanted to get back to feeling close to her mom. She crushed the pill on her night stand because the old popping method took too long to kick in, then she made a line and snorted the mystery pill. It hit her instantly. The euphoric feeling rushed throughout her entire body, when her head came up her eyes went back as she wiped the powder off her nose and licked it. This was better than any other pill she’d done, she was in love with it. Over the next two days she finished all 8 pills and needed more so she called her friend to get the phone number of the dealer which she did, then she called.

“Who is this?” the man asked.

“I’m the girl who bought the pills a few days ago at River Lane Park.” 

“I don’t remember.”

“I was wearing a purple hoodie and I have long blond hair, I brought my friend to introduce me.”

“Oh yeah I remember, you were the pretty girl with soft hands, you remind me of someone I used to know.”

This worried Makayla but she ignored the comment, “Yes that’s me, anyway I ran out and need a re-up soon, like today, could you do 15 of them around 4 o’clock at the same place?”

The man was talking but nobody else was heard over the phone and the words were yet again indistinct.

“Yes I can do that for you, it’ll be $80 and don’t be late…I’m a very busy man.”

He abruptly hung up the phone and Makayla went back to class to finish the school day. The only thing on her mind was her next fix, she couldn’t wait. 3:55 hit and she was already at the spot waiting, fidgeting…itching. The man pulled up in the same beat up little van, the transaction was very quick however not his departure. He stayed and began talking to Makayla.

“So how was your day at school?”

Makayla got uncomfortable and wondered how he knew she was at school but brushed it off assuming it was because of her young looks.

“School was good, I have to be getting home though my dad will be angry if I’m late and that won’t go well.”

“Well I could give you a ride, it's a far walk and I wouldn’t want anything to happen to my favorite customer.”

“No, I don’t really take rides from people I don’t know that well, I think I’ll just walk.”
“I may be a stranger but I knew your mother very well. She was the prettiest one to ever buy from me, a very loyal customer too, she couldn’t get enough.”

This spooked Makayla, “I better get going my dad will be very angry if I’m late..have a nice day.” She turned and began walking quickly.

“I’ll see you soon.” The man quietly said with a grin.

All the way home Makayla kept her head on a swivel keeping watch for the van or the man. She had an eerie feeling that she for some reason couldn’t shake. The way the man spoke, the way he spoke to himself…she tried to keep her head clear but had a subtle nauseous feeling in her gut the rest of the day. When she got home she quickly locked all of the doors and went straight to her room where she locked herself in. Now that she felt safe her mind instantly went to the pills, after that situation she was craving a fix more than anything. She took out 3 pills, crushed and snorted them quickly sending her into a drug paradise. She popped the other so that it would take longer to kick in and keep her rolling through the night. However she wasn’t used to this high dosage and became very tired and passed out. 

Around 3am there was a loud crash, like a brick through the window. Her and her dad met in the living room in an alert panic.

“Go back to bed sweety I’m gonna check this out.” Her father said calmly to her.

“No.” A stern voice came from the shadows giving Makayla and her father a sinister feeling.

A man emerged from the dark with a gun pointed at her fathers head. It was the dealer. He spoke again. “No need to go back to bed, you're both fine right here. As a matter of fact go get your little brother…I wouldn’t want anything to happen to him away from your guy’s watch.”

Her fathers face fell pale, “Oh sh*t Bradley! Makayla, go get your brother right now and make sure he’s okay.”

Makayla sprinted to her little brother's room. When she opened the door she was pleased to see he was still sleeping soundly, but she had to check the room. She flicked the light on, instantly waking him up.

“Hey what are you doing, I’m trying to sleep.” He said agitatedly

The room was clear. “You have to get up and come to the living room.”

When she returned to the living room with her little brother they both saw their father with a black bag over his head and zip ties on his hands. The sound of him humming came from under the bag but it sounded like he had a gag of some sort in his mouth.

The man was very hasty, “You two put these over your heads and get on your knees, don’t try anything slick or I’ll put a bullet straight through all of your heads.”

They both compiled. “What do you want?” Makayla said while choking on air trying to hold back her tears.

“You’ll find out soon just put on the bag, don’t say a word, and maybe you’ll be spared.”

They both did as told to with the hopes of making it out alive. As soon as the bags were over their heads they felt the man zip tie their hands, then he reached under the bags and shoved rags in each of their mouths. The man walked them to the back door and outside. Waiting in the alley was his beat up minivan, however there were no other people with him. He slid open the door and threw them all in there, the seats were removed but things were cluttered all over the place. After what seemed to be forever the van came to a stop and they all heard the engine shut off. Makayla was terrified; she didn’t know what to think, maybe he was taking them to the woods to execute them, maybe he was gonna throw them in the local lake just outside of town. The possibilities were endly and so were her thoughts. When the door opened they were instantly hit with a metallic smell. They were pulled out one by one and lined up. Minds are still racing. BANG! They all flinch. BANG! Two gunshots ring out, all three of them assume their other two family members were executed and are waiting for them to be too. The man takes the hoods off all of their heads. This brought a feeling of relief to see they were all still alive but scared them even more once they saw him laughing hysterically. Then he spoke.

“You didn’t think I’d kill you just yet did you?” He said with an evil smile. “No I can’t kill you yet, I have a lot for you guys to feel first.”

He moved towards them each with a bottle and a rag. He pours some of the liquid out then covers her fathers face, within seconds he drops. Then he moved to her little brother and the same. By now Makayla realizes it’s chloroform and is trying to resist it but he out muscles her. Everything goes black in seconds.

When Makayla wakes up the metallic smell is way stronger. She’s still foggy and can’t see just yet because of the light, but she notices she can’t move. Then her eyes adjust and she sees she’s strapped to a table with belt restraints. The restraints felt loose but she was too weary to notice how much. The room is odd like a hospital and a morgue. Above her is a surgical lamp and a tile ceiling with blood stains. To her right is a small table with different cutting and grabbing objects. In front of her looks like drawers, body drawers. The table below her is pure, cold metal. Then she looks to her left, she sees Bradley. He is just now coming to consciousness and she starts yelling his name… At least she tries, when she goes to yell only air comes out, her tongue has been cut out of her mouth and cartarized to keep her alive. Bradley looks over and tries to yell but has the same failure. Tears immediately begin to fall from her face but quickly stop when she realizes she has to find a way out. 

She begins yanking at her restraints in an attempt to get out of them. Bradley does the same. Bradley gets a hand out. He immediately undoes his other hand. Then they hear footsteps. Makayla moves her hands around to get bradleys attention while humming so he hears her. He sees her nodding her head to the restraints pushing her hand downward then lays her head back. He understands what she means and shoves his hands back through the circles and lays down. The man comes in.

“Ahhh, I see you guys have woken up. Are you comfortable in your new beds?” Silence. “I hope you guys understand the adjustment I’ve made,” he says, circling his mouth, “but you have to understand I can’t work very well with you screaming… And for some reason a tongueless head is worth more, and tongues sell good separately so I figured why not.”

He’s holding hair clippers and moves in the middle of them to plug it in. He begins shaving Bradleys head and they both start crying. He finishes and moves to Makayla.

“You have very pretty hair, just like your mother. She really was a special woman.” After a few moments of silence the clippers turn off. He sweeps the hair into separate dust pans and begins to walk out. “ I have to take care of these but I’ll be back soon, don’t make too much noise while I’m gone.” He lets out the same maniacal laugh as he exits the room.

As the footsteps fade Makayla nods her head at Bradley, he gets up, undoes his feet and moves straight ot makayla. Before he undoes anything she shakes her head then looks over to the medical tray by her, he points and she nods. He heads over and picks up a set of clamps and points in a questioning manner, Makayla shakes her head no. Then he picks up a scalpel and she nods in agreement. He walks back over to her and she opens her hand where he then sets it. Once he undoes the first restraint she puts the scalpel under her leg. She begins to fidget with the other restraint but doesn’t undo it. She nods to her feet at Bradley and he moves to undo them. Then man comes in while they’re each fidgeting with the straps. He lunges at Bradley who immediately runs for makayla. He grabs Bradley then feels a pinch. Makayla was holding a scalpel which was inside his body. She removes it, then inserts it again. She does this multiple times very quickly before the man drops Bradley and stumbles back. He looks at her dead in the eyes and falls down bleeding.

“You stupid girl I’m going to kill you for this.”

Bradley undoes her feet and she undoes her hand then they run out of the room. When they get out they see a long dark hallway, all of the lights are red. They run down the hallway and stop, they don’t know which way to go so they go right. After a few turns and hallways they see a light from the wall. WHen they get up to it they see it’s another room. However this wasn’t just any room, what they saw was horrifying and they each let out a scream that could blow eardrums. On the other side of the window is their father on a table, However he was just a torso and a head. One of his arms was laying by his side detached from his body and his eyes were removed. They see three bags on the floor assuming they each contain the missing limbs. Then the unexpected happens.

The man pops out of the dark. “You didn’t think a few tiny stabs would kill me did you?” He says smiling. He punches Makyala to the ground and gets on top of her. He pulls out a handful of braken razor blades and forces them into her mouth, cutting up her lips. “Swallow them or I’ll kill your little brother right now in front of you.” She cooperates. He moves to Bradley and does the same then faces him towards Makayla and cuts his throat spraying blood all over her.  He comes to her and she tries to run but can’t move. He grabs the back of her head and pulls her close. “There’s something you should know… Your mother didn’t lose control. I forced her to pop a bunch of pills so they would blame the accident on that and the rain but i was in the passenger seat. I grabbed the wheel and yanked it towards the tree while she cried for me to stop. I told her that if her family was going to take so much time from spending time with me then I would just take her out. When the car hit a branch went through her face and I climbed out of a broken window and left. I murdered your mother.” He lifted the knife to her throat and slit it then shoved it into her stomach. Blood poured from her mouth and tears flowed from her eyes until her body was still. Makayla was dead.



Similar books


JOIN THE DISCUSSION

This book has 0 comments.