Day Tripper: The Play | Teen Ink

Day Tripper: The Play

December 19, 2023
By JaredEntwistle17, Dardenne Prairie, Missouri
JaredEntwistle17, Dardenne Prairie, Missouri
0 articles 0 photos 0 comments

Favorite Quote:
"If you like Britney Spears, then you have schizophrenia!"


Summary:

Prom is coming and everyone is getting ready to go. Everyone except for Michelle. She has no interest in prom and couldn’t care less about her friends being asked to prom. But that didn’t stop the boys from asking her, or more specifically, one of her schoolmates and sometimes friend, football quarterback, Jimmy. Jimmy has had a huge crush on Michelle for 7 years, but she has constantly rejected him. During lunch, Jimmy asks his dim witted friends, Jeremy & Syd, if they have any ideas on what he could do. They both come up with stupid ideas and think they’re brilliant ones. This makes Jimmy realize he’s not gonna get anywhere with those two giving out ideas. So, he decides to come up with something himself. Meanwhile, Michelle is discussing with her friends, Aubrey, Jenna, & Sadie, on exactly what her date ideas would look like. She says it’s either saving the Albino Skunks (fictional endangered animals who live in Alaska) or going on road trips. Feeling that this isn’t enough, the three then ask Michelle other date ideas for her, but she quickly rejects them all, making any excuses on why not. Jenna then tells Michelle that she should at least give Jimmy a chance, before being interrupted by their history teacher and lunch hall monitor, Mr. Waters. He tells them that they can talk about whatever it is while on their way to class, which visibly annoys Sadie. In one final attempt, Jimmy finally has the perfect way to get Michelle to accept his offer: Buying 2 tickets for a river cruise trip across the Mississippi River at St. Louis, in lieu of prom. Knowing what a big fan of road trips Michelle is, he proposes the offer to her, informing her that he booked a trip for this Saturday night (The same night as prom) at 7:30 PM. Michelle hesitates at first, but ultimately decides to accept the offer and they immediately go back home to get ready for the trip. 


Jared H.

Day Tripper: The Play


Similar books


JOIN THE DISCUSSION

This book has 0 comments.