Romeo and Juliet--A Parody | Teen Ink

Romeo and Juliet--A Parody

By CarrieAnn13 GOLD, Goodsoil, Other
CarrieAnn13 GOLD, Goodsoil, Other

"I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by." --Douglas Adams

"The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane." --Marcus Aurelius

Summary:

Juliet Capulet is just your average teenage girl until a chance meeting at a community dance changes her life forever. She meets Romeo Montague, who immediately starts stalking her, claiming they are meant to be together. For Juliet, this is just too much; she calls the police. How did such a story inspire the great William Shakespeare? It's not how you think!

CarrieAnn13

Romeo and Juliet--A Parody

CarrieAnn13 GOLD, Goodsoil, Other

Thanks, BorderlineGenius777!  I'm glad you enjoyed it. :)

BorderlineGenius777 SILVER, Lewiston, Idaho

"If all our misfortunes were laid in one common heap, whence everyone must take an equal portion, most would be content to take their own and depart."- Socrates

a very enjoyable story!

yup :) will do

CarrieAnn13 GOLD, Goodsoil, Other

I just commented on it. :)  Do you think you could comment on some more of my book reviews?  They're fairly short.  I'd really appreciate it!

yeaa! my spy one finally posted! im happy. hope u like :)

CarrieAnn13 GOLD, Goodsoil, Other

Thanks so much!  I have an email alert on you as well and I can't wait to read your stories. :)

thanx you :) will keep eye out for your stuff. i think i have emails coming when you contribute stuff, so i shouldnt miss it!

CarrieAnn13 GOLD, Goodsoil, Other

Thanks, siddielee!  I can't wait to read your book. :)

siddielee said...
siddielee, Charlotte, North Carolina

"Death is everything" - Resident Evil

I like it alot I would actually buy this if it was an actual book :-)  Good job on this book your very creative 

CarrieAnn13 GOLD, Goodsoil, Other

Thanks for the comment, Poetic_Mind!  No, I don't think Romeo would fight more because unrequited love is a powerful thing.  It saps your strength and makes you think you'll never find love again.  This is true because I have experienced it myself.

I'm glad you enjoyed my parody! :)

Poetic_Mind PLATINUM, West Monroe, New York

"A woman's heart should be so lost in God, a man needs to seek him in order to find her."
"It is never the end, Just a chance for a new beginning."

I liked this! I wasnt a big fan of the Shakespear version, especially the movies :/ But this was quite entertaining :) I dont understand why Romeo gave up sooo easily and went back, I thought he would have fought more.

CarrieAnn13 GOLD, Goodsoil, Other

Thanks so much for your comment, Finchy!  I actually like the original Romeo and Juliet play and I was worried people wouldn't think my spoof was any good.  Thanks for taking the time to read my novel!  :)

Finchy BRONZE said...
Finchy BRONZE, Fort Myers, Florida

CarrieAnn13

I laughed on numerous occasions while reading your spoof on on one of my favorite Shakespearian plays. The idea that Romeo was stalking Juliet is sprouting funny ideas in my head as we speak. I love your creativity and passion for writing and am looking forward to your next story.

Cheers

Finchy

CarrieAnn13 GOLD, Goodsoil, Other

Thanks, writer_girl15!  I promise I'll watch out for your submissions as well.  I should have already had two of my short stories (historical fiction and realistic fiction) approved, but the editors are taking forever.

CarrieAnn13 GOLD, Goodsoil, Other

Thanks, writerthinkerdreamer!  I'm glad you liked my parody. :)

Aw, thanks Bill M.  I'm glad you enjoyed it too!

BillM GOLD said...
on Jun. 26 2011 at 9:50 am
BillM GOLD, JACKSONVILLE, Florida
Wow Carrie! Really enjoyed it, and great concept. You are very talented indeed!

on Jun. 26 2011 at 8:04 am
I will!! i also have a couple stories the should be up in a little while. The editors take forever. One is fantasy, one is a spy/ secret agent sort of thing. that one should be out by now, but, for whatev reason, its not. anyway, ill be watching for more of your stories!! :)

on Jun. 26 2011 at 7:04 am
writerthinkerdreamer BRONZE, Narnia, Massachusetts

"Just keep swimming," ~Dory, Finding Nemo

I really like this peice. It's a great twist on the story, and a really good parody. The only thing is, I think you should write more in between the end of the plot and the epilouge... but that's my personal opinion :) It's very funny, and it made me smile.

CarrieAnn13 GOLD, Goodsoil, Other

I'm writing a novel right now.  I think I'll put up the first few chapters in a few days or so.  It's science fiction and I'd really appreciate it if you could read it too!  :)

no prob! you should write more fiction :) i enjoys it :)