The Story Of The Unknown | Teen Ink

The Story Of The Unknown

By Peanutboy83, newington, Connecticut
Peanutboy83, Newington, Connecticut

heres just a preview:)

Adelynn walks down her street to walk to seven eleven. She keeps telling her parents she’s old enough to walk there alone, she has her cell phone, she has her house key, and she hits hard and screams loud. Her parents don’t have to worry. As Adelynn is walking past Dakotah’s house, she hears loud music. (“What’s that?” she thinks) she figures that its just Dakotah playing his loud metal.
She keeps walking. The music gets turned down as a dark brown car pulls into his driveway. She stops and stares at the door of Dakotah’s house.
He walks out with dark jeans and a white t-shirt with a leather jacket. (“Wow. He looks lyk he’s from the movie grease except that he has light brown shaggy hair. That is amazingly beautiful.” She thinks) Dakotah looks at Adelynn and kinda half smiles, then rushes to the car that just honked.
Adelynn keeps walking to seven eleven with twelve in half dollars. The brown car pulls up to Adelynn while she’s walking on the side of the unbuzy street. A guy in the driver’s wheel was light brown with black hair. He was wearing a red top. (“She’s kinda cute. She’s prolly a goody-goody. Whatever” he thinks). (“I swear I want to leave this life. I want to bring a freaking new life on myself. I wish I could change who I am and what I do. I really wish I could” Dakotah thinks.). The brown car follows Adelynn at her pace. “So, you live near here?” the driver says.
“Sure.” Adelynn replies.
“That isn’t an answer, babe.” The driver says.
“That was intended.” Adelynn keeps looking forward.
“That’s Adelynn, Marcus. Leave her alone.” Dakotah says looking out his side window. (“Adelynn is really hot. I really gotta step up my game so Marcus doesn’t mess it up.” Dakotah thinks.)
“You know this doochbag?” Marcus asks Adelynn.
“Yeah I do, he goes to my high school. I’m pretty sure.” Adelynn keeps walking.
“Oh, cool. Cool.” Marcus replies. Marcus stops the car and lets Adelynn walk by herself.

:)

“Does that chick live near you?” Marcus asks me.
“No.” I reply.
“Yeah right, she probably does if you know her. Are you scared that I might tap her before you do? Cause if you are, you should cause why in hell would she want you?” Marcus says.
“Marcus, if I had a car, I would so drive myself then listening to your mouth full of s***. She isn’t your type. And you aren’t hers. Give it a rest.” I say looking into the windshield trying not to think too much about what Marcus said. It might seriously bother me.
“Whatever dude. Either put up with my s*** or get the hell outta my car.” Marcus says.
“I’d rather put up with the mouth full of s*** you say.” I reply. “Actually drop me off here.” I say starting to unlock the car door.
Marcus stops the car and drops me off near the seven eleven. I’d rather have some shitty coke drink then listen to some trash talk with the guys. It’s more like they’re gossiping than actually doing s*** about it.
I walk into the store and look at the Slim Jims and snack food aisle. Then Adelynn walks into the store with her short shorts and bright pink tank top. She walks around the store like she’s mapping out which directions she should go first.
I try to hide behind some stand for the new brand for Slim Jims and the new bubblegum flavor. She walks past the food section. And I try to sneak my way out without her seeing me. She probably hates me, like everyone else.
I never did anything to them. And they still treat me like im one floor under the ground and im some kind of vomit eating, sewage hunter, and live in a freaking dump kind of guy. I’d rather be the sweet and innocent kind, you know with the perfect parents and the perfect grade point average and the perfect body, skin and hair. That would be an awesome life to live.
To have all the girls coo over you because you’re deviously handsome and it be awesome making love to someone you know nothing about.
“Dakotah?” Adelynn voice follows my footsteps. I got so caught up in my thoughts I didn’t realize I didn’t leave the store yet. Just standing in the same spot for a long time is kinda creepy.
“Adelynn?” I repeat her voice.
“No one likes a guy who imitates a girl, especially one who can’t do it right.” She smiles. “I was never good at that.” I smirk.
“So where’s you awesome friend?” she says rolling her eyes.
“He left me ‘cause I told him s*** and he told me s***. You know stuff like that, I’m just so tired with fighting with him and everyone.” I sighed.
“We aren’t fighting so it isn’t everyone, smarty.” She leans on one leg.
“So what are you doing at this five star restaurant?” I ask laughing.
“Getting things, you know things that my parents don’t want me to have like the sugar gum and stuff like that.” She smiles.
“Like what stuff? I really don’t know.” I asked kinda confused. What else would you get with gum?
“Oh, just stuff.” She turns and heads for an aisle. I recognize this aisle; Bentley comes down this one every other day. His girlfriend really loves sex. Bentley thinks that god made her just for him cause he loves sex too. So they were kinda of a perfect match. But I really think Bentley is in a bad relationship. Bentley wouldn’t be the best boyfriend cause hes used to doing multiply girls in a week, so that brings us back to the aisle. This aisle is filled with condoms, Midol, and stuff for sex. To pleasure the chicks and the guys.
“Really, do you need anything from this aisle?” I ask. Thinking that Adelynn is having sex with some other dude is making me sick and horny all at the same time.
“What are you stalking me now? And why should I tell you? You’ll find out someday in the distance future.” She replies. Then she looks at me with her big blue eyes. I think about me and her having sex. Her naked body twisted with mine. I instantly get a boner. Adelynn looks at me.
“Let’s get you out of here.” She whispers. She takes me arm twisted with hers and leads me out of the store. She continues to walk me into a secluded area behind the seven eleven.
“I don’t want you to forget your stuff at seven eleven, go back in and buy them.” I say to her still with a boner.
“It’s okay why would I want to pay for them when there free?” Adelynn says.
“Free?” I ask. She takes her hands out of her sweatshirt and shows me the gum, Slim Jims, and condoms.
“Why do you of all people need condoms?” I ask kind of furious.
“You never know. Oh and nice getting a boner in the middle of seven eleven you almost killed my plan.” Adelynn says furious.
“I’m sorry.” I reply.
“I’m just curious, but what were you thinking of?” She asks tilting her head to move some strands of hair out of her face.
“It was nothing.” I look away.
“No tell me.” She moves so instead of looking away from her, she is standing right in front of me.
“You and me twisted together naked.” I whisper.
“I didn’t know guys blush.” She makes a clear statement.
“Gee thanks.” I reply. She moves closer until we’re face to face.
“Good thing I have similar thoughts or I would have thought you were a perv.” She moves away and starts walking back on our street.
I sit behind seven eleven for the next two hours trying to figure out what the hell just happened.

“Adelynn? Is that you coming in?” My mother shouts.
“No mom, I’m a crazy stalker breaking into your house to kill you and steal all of your stuff.” I say going straight to my room.
Dakotah actually thought of me! Well dirty pervert style but hey. A beggar can’t be a chooser. I still really like Dakotah even though I know my mom hates him and she says she’ll kill Dakotah if he comes near me. And so does everyone freaking else. I really don’t care about what people think if I did would I be where I am now? I don’t think so. I’m independent. I choose to have no friends. No boyfriend. Friends and boyfriends hold you back from your full potential.
But Dakotah won’t be either. Just some random guy that lives at the end of my street.
But I could at least give Dakotah a chance right? Whatever, I’ll figure it out later. I hide my stuff in my dresser and pick up my phone to call Dakotah.

“Um, hello?” he answers.

“Uh, hi?” I reply.

“Who is this?” he asks.

“Guess who?” I laugh.

“Um, I really have no clue, girls really don’t call me.” he said.

“It’s Adelynn, is that alright?” I asked.

“Ohhhh, yeah it’s alright. Why’d you call?” he laughs.

“I figured you weren’t in high demand, so I thought we could hang out later.” I said smiling.

“Um, when later?” he questioned me.

“Oh, you suddenly have plans now?” I chuckled.

“No, it’s just you know have to get all ready for you.” I could hear his smile on the other end.

“You’re going to put on make-up?” I asked laughing.

“No, I just mean like do my hair, and make sure I smell good. Don’t wanna be smellin’ bad in front of a beautiful girl.” He replied.

“Can you do midnight?” I asked. Mid-night swim is what I’m thinking, obviously he won’t expect it, but that’s exactly what i need to make my move.

“Yeah, where you wanna meet?” he asks.

That’s the only thing I forgot to plan. “Well, the Harris’s always keep their lights on and video cameras, so try to avoid that house. Then the Gruff’s they have automatic lights, and they live right across the street so be careful. Umm, you know where that waterfall is behind the forest?” I ask.

“That’s like an hour walk.” He replied.

“So? You want to hang out or not?” I asked annoyed.

He hesitated for a moment. “What do you mean by hang out?” he asks.

“Do you ask every girl, why they wanna hang out?” I asked.

“No.” He answered.

“Then get your ass down there by 10:30pm.” I reply hanging up.

For the next four hours I waste time waiting for it to be 9:30 so I can start my way out. I don’t want to be late for Adelynn, she’ll like flip a s*** if I’m late.

I sneak out and carefully maneuver around the security cameras and bright lights. I wander around the forest until I see Adelynn’s back and her hair high into a pony tail.

She was sitting towards the flow of the water, the majestic river gleaming in the moonlight.
I wonder why she picked this placed to meet instead of a more public place.

Different scenarios play through my head like music.

Her long blonde hair is in a braid going half way down her back.

I stare at her for at least two minutes before she sighs heavily and turns around and sees me.
“What took so long?” she gets up and walks toward me.
“I, uh, got lost.” I was stammering for words. She looked beautiful in the shirt and shorts she had on.
“Sure.” She smoothed out. Her blue eyes were pouring right into mine.
“So, uh, come here often?” I smile.
“All the time actually.” She moves closer to me. She’s so close I can practically feel her breath on my chest through my shirt.
“Oh, well I guess you know your way around, mind giving me a tour?” I smile down to her, which was about an inch below me.
“How about a swim instead?” her eyes were gleaming with passion.
“That doesn’t sound safe. Mysterious water at night with you, my clothes might get stolen.” I chuckle. An image of her body glistening in the moonlight suddenly changes my mind about swimming.
“Only if I like what I see.” She replies turning around and starts to take off her shirt, walking toward the water.
“And if you do like it?” I reply following her lead.
“Just leave that to me.” she whispers.
She pulls off all her clothes at the same pace I do. She dives into the lake and I watch her as she comes back to the surface.
“You coming?” She calls out to me.
“Yeah.” I run and jump in the lake, in my effort to splash her.
The water felt dirty, had a kind of oily feel to it. I didn’t care too much, I was in the water with Adelynn, nothing else seem to compare being with her. She made me feel different, not some kind of gangbanger the whole neighborhood thought I was. I was Dakotah, just normal Dakotah.
My head begins to surface and I see Adelynn’s body coming closer to mine. I imagine our bodies close together, me kissing hers, her wanting more of me.
As she moves closer, I want my fantasy to happen more and more. She looks at me with her blue eyes and bites her lip as if she’s holding something back.
“Adelynn.” I speak her name.
“Yes?” her eyes light up.
“Come closer.” I smile.
She does and I hug her body close to mine.
“Do you like what you see?” I whisper on her skin.
Her eyes look into mine once again and she kisses me. I kiss her back. I felt her tongue enter my mouth and kindly return the favor. She moves my hand to her breast. But I move both of my hands to her lower back. She stops kissing me.
“Is there something wrong?” Question marks fill her eyes.
“No, why would there be? I have a gorgeous girl in my arms.” I smile at her.
“You moved your hand away.” She looked into the water.
“I didn’t want to disrespect you, and I think that’s moving a little too fast for me.” I stutter.
“Really? We’re both naked. We are swimming and I have supplies that you saw me get. Do I have to spell, what I want, out?” rage fills her voice.
“Your cute when you’re angry.” I try to make her laugh.
I succeed. “That doesn’t answer my question.” She said crossing her arms.
“Look, I don’t wanna rush things with you, I like you, I like you a lot. And I don’t want tonight to ruin things. If we have sex too early it can ruin your life, and I wouldn’t want to do that to you.” I begin to tear up, how could she think that she was not beautiful? Or the fact I wanted to so badly, but I had to control myself for her sake.
“You don’t want me.” she tears up herself.
“Really? Look down, that can change your mind.” I told her.
“Oh.” She blushes. It was fully grown from that kiss. That amazing, wonderful kiss.
“I’m sorry.” She sighed, “But why don’t you want to?”
“You’re not getting this, I want to but I don’t want to mess up what I have with you, or at least what I think I have with you.” I confused myself.
“What?” she asked confused as I am.
“Not tonight Adelynn.” I kiss her forehead.
“Alright, but can you do something for me?” she smiled at me.
“Maybe.” I smile back.
“Kiss me again?” she asked in a cute voice.
I kissed her and she invited my tongue into her mouth. God this feels amazing. Her body on top of mine. Our lips connected. Our bodies perfectly fitted for one another. I could stay like this forever.
She moaned. I grunted. We were suddenly moving on the dirt. Didn’t I tell her not tonight? I sigh.
“I’m sorry.” She stops kissing me. She rolled off of me and reached for her clothes.
“No, come here.” I pull her close and hold her for a while under the moonlight.
“I have a question for you.” I ask her.
“Mhm.” She hummed urging me to go on.
“Are, well, how” I mumbled not knowing how to word it, “Have you lost your virginity?” I finally got out, embarrassed by asking.
She looks at me with her piercing blue eyes and studies me carefully and I see tears rolling off of her cheeks. I kiss her tears away while apologizing for asking the question.
“No, it’s just I’ve never told anyone before.” She says while letting her head fall on my chest. I wrap my arms around her and look up at the stars.
“You don’t have to tell me if you don’t want to, I understand.” I whisper to her.
“I was raped by my older brother and my father.” She started crying more.
All I could do was hold her and let her cry it all out.
“It’s alright, I’m here for you darling.” I rub her back and kiss her head.
“Does your mom know?” I ask her.
A few moments passed and she didn’t respond. I gave up on the question. I was furious that her own family, her own blood, would do this to her. How could you do this to your child? I was also quite sad for Adelynn, I wanted to take her memories and smash them so she didn’t have to deal with the pain of the past.
“She didn’t believe me. She thought I was making it all up and sent me away to a camp for me to get ‘better’.” She sobbed.
“I’m so sorry that it happened to you, I would do anything for you not to remember that.” I started tearing up.
I pull Adelynn’s face up to mine. I kiss her forehead, I kiss her eyelids, I kiss her nose, I kiss her cheeks, and I finally kiss Adelynn gently on her lips. Surprisingly she kissed me back.
For the rest of the night we held each other and cried

Last night didn’t go as I had thought. I was hoping it was going to be romantic, but then he had to go and ask that stupid question that got me all waterworks and no ‘let’s do it right now’ mood.
Although I absolutely loved the way Dakotah took care of me, how he held me, how he was so gentle with my feelings, and how respectful he was to me.
I wonder in English class the next time we will hang out. I ask my English teacher if I can go to the bathroom. She nodded. That was my ticket out of there.
I walked down to the first floor of our two story building high school.
I heard two people fighting around the corner in the hallway near the gym. I walk faster to see what was going on.
There was nobody there. I figured it was actually in the gym. So I peek through the window on the doors entering the café.
I see Dakotah standing with this odd looking guy. Something didn’t feel right.
“I told you I want no part of this anymore!” Dakotah fumed.
“You made a promise, no, you swore that you would do anything in your power to finish what you started. Now do it, or say goodbye to your pretty little life in this town. Everybody will know Dakotah, and I mean every single person that lives in this shitty town.” The guy hissed to Dakotah.
“I said I would try, and now I have failed. And know what? What dirt could you possibly have on me that is actually true? Honestly I know you, you’re a bluffer, not the type of person to actually go through with your plans. I can’t help you man, I’m sorry.” Dakotah starts to turn away.
“So are you saying Adelynn isn’t real to you?” the guy snickered. I gasped at the sound of my name. I sent an evil glare to the guy’s back.
“What do you mean?” he looked at the guy shocked as I was.
“I know about her little secret. Because I’m her brother.” The guy said.
Of course, I thought I recognized the sound of his voice. I was shocked and I felt humiliated that he would actually threaten Dakotah like that. I barged through the doors and they both looked.
“What about me?” I put my hands on my hips and gave my disgusting brother the most evil look in the world.
“Oh, look, my slut of a sister.” Greg smiled.
“Oh look, the rapist who ruined my childhood.” I fake smile back.
Dakotah looked at me and was kind of shocked, but Dakotah was also probably thinking of ways to kick the s*** out of Greg right now.
“I’ll tell mom again, and she’ll send you back.” Greg hissed.
“Wouldn’t that be fun for you? I could tell a counselor and you could be trialed as an adult. Have fun in prison big bro.” I smile devishly.
“Dakotah, did you tell my dear sister what you were doing last night.” He looks back and forth at us.
I looked at Dakotah. Maybe that’s why he was late. You couldn’t possibly get lost. That’s why he stuttered! He was lying to me. How could he? I spilled my entire mind out to him and he goes and does this.
“Greg, this has nothing to do with her, leave her out of this.” Dakotah looked at Greg differently. More like trying to convince him to keep his mouth shut. Greg’s real good at keeping his mouth shut about certain things.
“Are you sure? She seems quite curious.” Greg raises his eyebrows.
Dakotah walks over to me and grabs my hands.
“You have to trust me, Adelynn.” He looks into my eyes.
I snap back my hands. “I don’t know who to trust.”
His brown eyes saddened and his shoulders dropped. I wanted to console him so bad, but decided against it for not telling me what’s going on with him.
I turned around and headed out of the gym’s doors and back to dreaded English.

She couldn’t trust me, but I understand why. She couldn’t be able to trust anyone after what happened with her brother and father.
If only Greg didn’t know about my deal with Marcus, I would so beat his ass for what he did to Adelynn.
I walk out of the school and waited at Adelynn’s Purple Truck. I gave up on school for the rest of the day; I knew I wasn’t getting around to homework. The last fifteen minutes I stood leaning against her truck, waiting for the bell to ring so I can explain myself to Adelynn. I had to be different for her.
I wasn’t about to lose the only thing that made me feel like I was at home. Finally, the bell had rung.
Kids came bursting out of the school that tortured them 6 hours each day.
Adelynn came walking out with her ear buds in and ignoring the world. She looked beautiful from her head to her toes. I smiled to myself about her.
She finally saw me and stopped in her place, three people slammed into her and everyone’s stuff had fallen.
I rushed to her side and helped her with her stuff.
“I don’t need your help.” She said coldly.
“I understand how you must feel right now.” I look at the ground.
“No, you couldn’t possibly understand how I feel right now.” She said walking past me.
“Then tell me how you feel, make me understand how you feel.” I said chasing after her.
“I don’t want to talk to you right now.” She said opening her trucks door.
I held her door as she got in.
“I understand. When you feel comfortable talking to me, you’ll know where I’ll be.” I start to turn around.
“Dakotah, do you need a ride home?” She sighed.
I hadn’t thought about that but I have other things to do, like kicking Greg’s ass, and then taking care of the Marcus issue.
“No thank you, I have to take care of some stuff before I go home.” I lean in and give her a quick kiss on the cheek. I feel people staring at me when I do this. They can go screw themselves for all I care.
She blushes. “What stuff?”
“Can I tell you about it later?” I smile.
“Alright, but you’re not getting out of this.” She eyed me.
“I won’t, I promise, I won’t even try to.” I smiled again.
She just nodded this time clearly upset that I wouldn’t tell her. I just smiled and walked away.
I probably should have told her, maybe it would have been easier to tell her that I was going to beat up Greg. But that would lead to the Marcus thing. And I wasn’t ready to tell her about that just yet.
I pull my hood up and walk to the corner that Greg and I agreed to meet.
I stand by the corner store that read ‘Videos Galore’. I wait for Greg to show up; I lean against the wall on the side of the video store.
A black sleek Mercedes pulls up and Greg gets out and walks up to me.
“Long time no see.” He waved in a friendly manner. I was not in the mood for his casual banter.
“How can you talk to me like nothing ever happened to Adelynn? You’re a sick bastard.” I spit.
“She got what she deserved, she was a tease said she wanted to please me, I just took it a little more sexual than in a sibling love.” He casually said.
My hands balled up into fists ready to punch his face, but there was something way more important on the line. The secret that he had kept from Adelynn, well technically it wasn’t a secret if she didn’t know about it, he just kept it to himself.
“I bet you knew that it was sibling love, not actually sexual desire with you. It’s called rape Greg, but you must do it a lot if it doesn’t bother you that much.” I reply coldly.
“I bet you don’t get laid a lot, that’s why you’re cranky.” He smiled deviously.
“I’m obviously upset because you and your sick father hurt Adelynn.” I spit out at him.
“You don’t know anything about my father or what he did to all of us before he passed away. That day I partied like no tomorrow, I was glad he was gone from my life.” He finished.
“I know more than I should, I wish I didn’t. But we have some other things to discuss.” I said making sure the conversation finished things with him before I beat him up.
“You don’t know as much as you should, I know you like Adelynn, I’m not blind. She likes you too. So don’t mess it up with her, she’s been hurt enough.” He almost looked sad.
“I’m not going to be sorry for a rapist, so don’t even try.” I look down the street into the emptiness of the sky.
“Don’t do it for me, do it for Adelynn.” He replied with his mouth in a tight line.
“That’s none of your concern.” I look down at the ground thinking of what happened last night with Adelynn.
My phone buzzed in my pocket. I took out my phone and checked it, it was a message from Adelynn, I pressed ignore. Not because I didn’t want to talk to her, but to keep her safe.
“So are we making a deal or not? Because I need out right away.” I hiss.

I texted Dakotah saying that I needed to talk to him. I knew he was around Greg, Greg had flat out told me the mess Dakotah was in. I wanted to help. I knew I didn’t want him in that gang, but at least he can get out of this. I waited an hour for Dakotah to text me back but he never did. I called Greg; desperate times calls for desperate measures. “Hello?” He sounded cheerful. “Hey, it’s Adelynn.” I tell him rolling my eyes. He was in a happy mood, that ruined my mood. “I realized, what’s up?” he asked dryly. “Who is that? And why is it so important to talk on the phone right f*ing now?” it was Dakotah, and he was obviously upset. “Don’t tell him it’s me. I wanted to help clear his name from the gang.” I said. “None of your business.” He said to Dakotah. “Why would you want to do that?” he asked me. “Because, now give me Marcus’s number.” I reply. “That isn’t an answer.” Greg said. “That isn’t a number.” I replied just as cold as he was. “Fine. Hold on,” Greg searched through his phone and gave me Marcus’s number. I thank him for the number and we both say an awkward bye. I dial Marcus’s number and ask him to meet me at the end of my street to talk about Dakotah’s debt. I walk to the end of my street and wait for Marcus to show up. I wait for 30 minutes until Marcus finally shows up. “Get in.” Marcus says unlocking the door. “I don’t think so, get out.” I say crossing my arms. “You wanna talk to me, you get in my damn car.” He replied sternly. “Fine.” I huffed. “Don’t pull anything funny, I’m watching you.” “Ight, you got me. I won’t move.” He puts the car in park and shuts off the engine. “What can I do to get him out of the gang?” I asked. “You can do a lot of things for me baby girl.” He winked at me. “Anything that doesn’t involve sex.” I said sternly. “You can blow me.” his smile was still devious. I shook my head, “That’s oral sex smarty. And how do I know you don’t got some disease?” I reply crossing my arms. I was in no mood to be toyed with. “Fine you prude, you can make a deal with me.” his smile vanished. “That’s why I’m here.” I said dryly. No matter how much I didn’t want to be here, I had to save Dakotah, he made a dangerous deal and his life could be taken if the deal isn’t made. “You know the circumstances right?” he asked. “What circumstances?” I asked. “It’s a life or death situation.” He replied with no emotion, “I don’t want to see a pretty girl like you be killed.” He tried to move some hair from my face; I batted his hand away and shook my head. “Tell me what I have to do first and then I’ll decide.” I was acting like a cold heartless b**** and couldn’t believe this girl was me. “You have to please my guys no matter what it is, including sex, if they want it.” He smiles. “I already told you that wasn’t an option.” I said furious. “Do you want him out or not? He’ll die if you don’t and he messes up.” Marcus replied putting the keys back in the ignition. “Fine, I’ll do it. Who’s first?” I asked. “Me.” he replied driving down the road.