Colors | Teen Ink

Colors

By HorrorVictim2, Duncanville, Texas
HorrorVictim2, Duncanville, Texas

Author's note: When i wrote this book i was going threw a difficult relationship and wanted a book that would reflect my feeling of adrenaline racing and a sense of longing so i decided to write this book not to add to the list of romance novels but to the list of books that showed real feelings of my peers

Ever since I could remember Zane Nite had been a loner and it seemed like he always looked the same too. Same pale blue eyes like he was always sad same pale skin like he was sick and same jet black hair, his hair was the only thing about him that had ever changed. around middle school it became more emo looking a fell in his face sometimes but only a few times have I caught him doing any hair flip. He never had friends in 1st grade and stayed like that until the present I always wondered why, he didn’t look like the worst guy in the world but from what I heard he’s a freak and I would always look at him and thought they were just being
stupid but I never said anything to stand up for him I guess because it seemed dumb.
because it felt like once you were marked off at this school no one said otherwise so I was just forced to keep these thoughts in my head while I doodled in my note book “Roxy!!” my friend Caroline cried which took me away from my thought Caroline had been my friend since kindergarten and has changed a bit since we got into high school but mostly the same. Same partly tanned skin same pudgy cheeks the only thing that changed is she dyed her hair red freshman year “huh what” I said totally spaced “ I called your name like 3 times who are you looking at” she questioned we were in study hall waiting for our friend to bring his book so we could study for the test we all forgot about “oh Zane Nite huh well he is pretty cute but he never says a word” she said patting me on the shoulder “I don’t like him I just why wonder he doesn’t have any friends” I said frowning “I used to wonder that to but after a while I just thought it pointless” she said looking at him too “who are you guys talking about” Gavin said which made us jump “Zane Nite” I said looking at his book. Gavin was me and Caroline’s guy friend since he moved here in 6th grade he was a good friend but when it came to talking about boys it was more me and Caroline’s thing even though he was bisexual and like Zane hadn’t changed since same Chocolate Brown hair that swooped over his face, dark brown eyes and lightly tanned skin. “oh he’s cute I guess” he said shrugging with a bored expression. No matter how I saw it if you didn’t know him you would have thought he was straight “whatever” Caroline said “didn’t you used to have a crush on him back in 8th grade?” I asked smiling “no… it wasn’t like that” he said looking down turning as red as an apple “ I was just kidding” I said laughing “can we please study now I at least wanna pass” he said changing the subject “fine” me and Caroline said and as soon as we said that I saw Zane he looked like he was having a seizure and couldn’t breath at the same time. he was shaking violently and I was watching it and I looked around and saw I was the only one looking at it which was weird because usually this was something High school students ate up then he just ran out the door and every one looked at the door with wide eyes.it was Strange something my body was telling me to run after him but in my mind was telling me to stay. “if you run you’ll get in trouble” I said to myself but every second after my curiosity was getting more controlling until I couldn’t take it anymore I ran out of the class room. I started walking in the hallway until I heard what sounded like someone breathing through there teeth, like they were in pain I walked to were it was coming from the boys bathroom I hesitated but eventually got the courage when I walked in I saw Zane sitting on the ground hugging his knees rocking himself “Zane” I said softly which made him flinch and look at me. his eyes where blood red, I stepped back.

“what’s wrong with you” shocked and wide eyed I couldn’t believe my eyes I thought I was seeing a mirage. “house” he said in barely a whisper “what” I asked “house” he said in a whisper this time his voice sounded hoarse and faint “you want me to take you to your house?” I said softly he just nodded I was a little hesitant at first but after a second I just decided I might as well. I grabbed his arm and put it around my shoulder so I could get him to the parking lot half the time of walking with him I dragged him which wasn’t a problem because surprisingly he was pretty light. I felt like he was trying to breath harder and harder he could barely give me directions to his house which wasn’t very far away from school. When we got to his house his hand was so shaky I had to open up the door for him but some how he had enough energy to run upstairs and lock the door to the bathroom even though I hadn’t even stepped in but when I finally stepped in I realized how big it was the house was decorated in this black and white décor it was really gorgeous but from what I got Zane wasn’t exactly rich like any of the popular kids at school he looked like the average loner but I guess that was an act but then again even loners have to show their true colors at times. I walked over to the white leather couch in the living room and sat down to wait for Zane but at the same time I was trying to take in my surroundings white couch with a white loveseat on the side, white chandelier ,black entertainment system with every game imaginable in next to it, a flat screen TV, and a black coffee table with a blue fuzzy rug under it. Then I heard a door open and close upstairs and saw it was Zane looking causal as ever he walked down the stairs. His eyes were their normal pale blue and he was breathing normally. He went into the kitchen and got two sodas and sat next to me on the couch he handed me a soda without saying anything and turned on the television after 5 seconds of just staring at him with a confused expression I broke the silence “well” I said a little pissed then he looked at me and took a swig of his soda when he swallowed he calmly with a smirk said “yes Roxy” “aren’t you going to explain what just happened?” I said still pissed “what do you want me to say?” Zane said looking blankly at the TV I looked at him surprised because i knew what I saw wasn’t just my imagination or some daydream I have in class no matter how he wanted the inevitable to be like it never happened I was surprised because he new my name and how he was acting I mean I guess I always thought he didn’t bother remembering anyone in our school since they certainly didn’t pay any attention to him but I guess like I said even loners have to let there hair down sometimes. “how did you know my name” I asked still surprised but I didn’t mean for it to come out as lame as it sounded “well we’ve had at least one class with each other since 1st grade so I guess you could say its kinda hard to forget your name” he said dully like it was obvious “well then what happened with you in the bathroom when I saw you?” I said. He tensed up a bit and said softly “I was having an panic attack” “but your eyes were red” I said unconvinced “it was a really bad one” I opened my mouth to say something but closed it because it was just pointless so I just gave in to him and just decided to drop it like it never happened “well are we going to just stay here or we going to hangout in your room” I said smiling a little “if you want to” he said with smile going toward the stairs then I got off the couch and followed him. when we got to his room I just about dropped dead, all of my favorite bands were all over his walls. Brokencyde, Hollywood undead, Blood on the Dance floor, Breathe Carolina, and Panic! At the Disco covered his walls his bed was all black he had a flat screen hooked up to the wall and his wall were painted grey. “I was thinking of spray painting the walls but I’m not sure what do you think?” he said nonchalantly “I think it looks amazing” I said lost for words he just smiled “do you wanna listen to some music?” he asked “sure” I said sitting on his bed he put his iPod in the dock and at he put the song on and as soon as I heard it I knew what it was it was You and your Denial by Yellowcard “ I love this song” I said he smiled at me and said “me too”. “so what do you usually do after school” I said curiously “read, listen to music, eat, do homework” he said shrugging “no girlfriends huh” I blurted out which made me blush just then the song changed to a song with no lyrics he quickly got up then changed it to Replace you by Silverstein “ what was that song just a minute ago” I said watching him as he was walking closer to the bed “moonlight sonata by Beethoven oh and yes no girlfriend” he said when he finally sat down “you like Beethoven?” I asked confused “not all but some I only listen to him when I’m reading” I just looked at him “what time is it” I said trying to change the subject “5” h said “s*** I should get going” I said standing up “let me walk you out” he said following me out the door. When we were out of the door he pulled me into a tight hug and said softly “thanks for helping me” “your welcome” I said with a small smile

I left not because of homework, or of the fact that my mom was going to kill me if I got home late it was the fact that I needed to come to my senses about what happened today so I called Gavin he was the only one I could think of who wouldn’t just tell me “what do you want me to say?” I walked over to the park and I saw him sitting on top of a picnic table when I got closer I joined him “hi” I said kinda softly “hey” he said looking at the sky “everyone was wondering what happened to you in study hall” he said looking at the sky still, oh yea I had forgotten that I had just ran out probably because I had more on my mind than ditching class “oh yea that’s kinda why I wanted to talk to you am I in trouble?” “not really Caroline talked Ms. Bates down to giving you detention” good old Caroline to the rescue “so what did you wanna talk about you made it seem kinda urgent” he said “well after I got out of class I went to go find Zane and after I walking around a bit I heard someone breathing through there teeth and I found Zane he….” Then I stopped all of a sudden I pictured his eyes which looked so unnatural “what, what happened?” he asked “he was in like the fetal position and his eyes were red” “like he was crying” he asked “no not blood shot like blood red not blue at all” I said still thinking about his eyes “he could barely talk and walk I practically had to drag him to his house” “why did you take him to his house?” he asked curiously “because he was sick and needed help anyway when he got to his house I realized how big it is its in that rich neighbor hood behind the school” “cherry creek?” “yea” “well after we got there he ran up to a room upstairs and left me standing there at the door way and when he came back downstairs he was totally fine and acted like it never happened” I said “wow that’s pretty weird but he is a weird kid” he said shrugging “that’s not the point what do I do” “I wish I could give you better advice but I think this is one of those things I think your supposed to act like it never happened” then I just looked at him “forget I said anything” I say and walk off not looking back to hear him yell my name. when I get home my mom started to say something to me about school but I just walked upstairs not looking at her when I got there I put on a tank top and my pajama pants an tried to sleep and not think about today.

the next morning I went to school like normal I couldn’t tell if I was I was taking Gavin’s advice or my own when I got there I guess Gavin had took his own advice too “what happened to you yesterday?” Caroline asked I just shrugged either because I didn’t feel like explaining or I was not sure what happened to me either “whatever” she said “well the football team is play shirts and skins today at lunch you in” “hell yea!” I said high fiving her with a smile then out the corner of my eye I could see Zane sleeping under a tree in the court yard I looked at the clock in the hall and saw the first bell was about to ring “why is he sleeping” I thought I said in my head but actually said out loud “who’s sleeping” Gavin said “no one” I said still kinda looking out the window “lets just go or we’ll be late” I said when I got to first period I waited for a couple minutes looking at Zane’s seat since we had this class together “where is he” I thought I waited a bit more as the last of the kids came in but he never came all through the period. I hadn’t seen him all day until I walked into study hall and as soon as I came in Ms. Bates told me that I had detention today and when Zane went inside he had the same fate but he just shook it off like it was nothing but when he saw me getting a little pissed over the detention he laughed to himself. After study hall I was leaving then I saw a book that I had never seen before I picked it up and took it with me. It was an old hard cover book that was falling apart a bit I looked in it, it said the complete poetry of Edgar Allen Poe but the name of who it belonged to was scratched out “hey what you got there?” Caroline asked “ a book I found” I said holding it gently “where’s Gavin” I asked looking for Gavin “he went to his car to get his lunch” she said “ok” I said “I gotta go get mine from my locker” “ok meet you there” so I walked to the bleachers outside and sat down it the nose bleeds and since I was alone I got bored and started digging through my bag and saw the book so I decided to at least read a little of it and the first page had a sticky note and under it the title said Elizabeth and I started reading then I read it again it made no sense at all probably because it had no sense of present day English just then Gavin came and sat next to me “ whats up” he said “nothing” I said still a bit confused about the poem “whats wrong?” he asked seeing my face “nothing” I said “look I’m sorry for yesterday that’s all I could come up with” he said looking me in the eyes “I get it you couldn’t help me in that kind of situation” I said coldly he just frowned and opened Chinese food which is the usual for him. I guess I could read another a poem since were not talking was the first thing that came to mind I flipped through a couple more pages and saw another sticky note then Caroline came before I could take the note out “hey guys” she said kinda mad “whats up your ass” Gavin said coldly to her “I should be asking you the same question” she said he just shrugged it off “well if must know Gavin, Heather Bennet is my problem” Heather Bennet is the biggest slut in our school and has been since 8th grade she used to be me, Caroline, and Gavin’s best friend before she got her boobs dyed he hair blonde and ditched us for the popular crowd and since then has been Caroline and my arch enemy but a little more Caroline than me. She sat down next to Gavin and huffed as she ate her sandwich I went back to the book and saw title A Valentine and read it and I couldn’t comprehend the meaning either it was weird but some how I liked the poem I read a couple more while the guys gawked and talked about who has the best abs on the football team by the time lunch was done I still had no meaning to the poems and it was driving me nuts. All through my last period class read the book and most of my favorites where the one with sticky notes. Soon it was after school and I headed to detention when I walked in I realized me and Zane were the only two in the room “Ms. Bates had a Doctors appointment and she said not to leave until Mr. Brown tell us to leave” Zane said “figures” I answered unenthusiastic I took my seat and got out the book after a minute of reading Zane asked “Where did you get that book?” “I kinda sorta found it after this class” “I knew that book looked familiar that’s my book” he said walking closer to me “really” I said confused “yea is there sticky notes in it?” he asked “yea” I answered “yup that’s mine” he said with a smile “wait if this is your book whats with the sticky notes” I said handing it to him “ I wanted to mark my favorite poems” he said I looked at him for a moment and thought he couldn’t possibly know what they mean does he? “hey if there your favorites what does Elizabeth and A Valentine mean I couldn’t figure it out” “oh that’s easy Elizabeth talks about a poet who writes not from the heart and is called a fool for it and A Valentine my favorite is about the poet being in love with a girl who’s a writer and writing about how words cannot comprehend how lovely she is” he said smiling I just looked at him in astonishment and he just smiled and said “Roxy do you want to skip detention now or after Mr. Brown comes?”

I could believe that I was skipping detention, I could believe that Zane was the freak everyone said he was, I could believe that Zane liked poetry but I couldn’t believe that I was skipping detention with Zane at his request. we were in the court yard walking to the tree Zane was sleeping under this morning saying absolutely nothing to each other. When we got there he sat down under the tree and I sat across from him just looking at him then he smiled “don’t you have any questions for me?” he said looking at the bark of the tree “I kinda do” I said surprised “well fire away, ask me anything” he said with a small smile I thought for a second anything huh does that mean I could ask him about yesterday but I guess not that since he’d probably tell me same as yesterday “do you like this tree I mean I saw you sleeping under it this morning” I asked he laughed to himself and said “well I didn’t get any sleep last night so that’s the first reason and also this tree and me have a bit of history so I guess you could say yes I like this tree” “ok well I’ve known you since 1st grade but I still know next to nothing about tell me about yourself” I said trying not to sound needy for answers “ well…” he said trying not to laugh “I’m a boy, black hair pale skin blue eyes I don’t really have a social status no girlfriend but you already know that… I’m a virgin but I wear tight skinny jeans and sometimes tight shirts people sometimes call me a fag but I actually like girls even loved one once my favorite bands include Yellowcard, Panic! At The Disco, Silverstien , Brokencyde , Sleeping with Sirens, and All time Low but the list can go on and on if you asked me my favorite song so don’t try to but right now the song that makes me happiest is Nine in the Afternoon by Panic! At the Disco and that’s pretty much it” he said feeling proud of himself I just laughed a bit “I like those bands too” I said blushing a bit but I tried to cover it up “you look cute when you blush” he said pulling my hands away with his hands which were baby soft “you have soft hands” I blurted out softly which made him laugh “ thank you” he said smiling “wanna go to my house its getting boring out here and we still got a couple minutes” he asked “sure I’m getting a little chilly” I said getting up grabbing my bag “you know I could’ve gave you my hoodie October always makes me bring one even in the summer” he said handing me his hoodie “who’s October?” I ask putting on his hoodie “ my older sister who is quite a b**** at times” “oh” I said when we got to his house I realized I hadn’t gotten used to how big it is. He stepped into the house and as soon a he did a little girl with big blue eyes and black hair that almost looked doll like ran and hugged his legs since she couldn’t reach his waist “hello Madeline” he said in a calm voice smiling she didn’t say any thing just kept hugging “it about time you came home but isn’t it a bit early for a detention” a lady said from what I could remember was the kitchen I walked in through the door and closed it “Roxy this is Madeline or Maddie my little sister” he said “nice to meet you” I said crouching down but she just hid between his legs “she’s a bit shy” he said with a hopeful look then he walked into the kitchen and I followed him slowly “ so why are you so early” the lady said “we’re ditching detention” he said looking at me when I finally got a good look at her she was actually really pretty long black layered hair, piercing green eyes, pale skin she almost looked magazine worthy even though she was wearing a tight Charlie brown shirt and sweat pants and her hair was in a messy bun “who is she your girlfriend” she said “no she’s a friend” Zane said blushing like mad “I knew it she’s to pretty for you” she said with a laugh “can you take Maddie with you for a while” he said growing tired of her “yea but you owe me one” she said taking Maddie outside with her “who was that?” I asked “October” he said sighing “Maddie is so cute” I said “yea I know” he said smiling “what time is it?” I asked “5” he said “s*** we got to get back!” I said then we both ran out the door and barely made it back before Mr. Brown got there “you two have served your time you may leave” then we left. on our way out we high fived each other “well that was perfect” I said “am I genius of what” he said proud of himself “hell yea” I said laughing “well I gotta go I have tons of homework” I said “ok see ya later” he said starting to walk home.

When I went home my mom was fixing dinner in the kitchen “hey sweetheart how was your day?” she asked “it was good actually” I said sitting on a barstool in the kitchen “where did you get that jacket from?” she asked looking at the black hoodie I had on I had totally forgot about it “oh a friend they let me borrow it” I said smiling and blushing a bit “a friend well this person doesn’t seem like Gavin” she said “he’s not” I said “whats his name?” she asked “ Zane Nite” I said and couldn’t help but smile “well do you like him?” she asked smiling “ no not like that I guess” I said blushing a bit “look I’m going to go upstairs I’m exausted” I said “ok sleep well” my mom said. I walked upstairs and put on my pajamas and fell asleep but only a couple hours later I woke up and ate and did home work then went back to bed. When I woke up again I got dressed and did my hair then I went downstairs “ honey don’t forget this” she said holding out Zane’s hoodie “ I know” I said walking out the door to my car when I got to school I met up with Caroline and Gavin sitting on the steps of the school “whats up” I said to them “nothing where did you get that hoodie” Gavin said “ Zane let me borrow it” I said then all of a sudden they both sat up with the most surprised look like I said I was a vampire “who let you borrow it I think I heard Zane Nite’s name but that can’t me true” she said pulling her right ear “well your hearing is correct” “but no offense why would Zane talk to you?” Caroline asked “I don’t know but I have to go find him before the bell rings” I said walking till I found him under the tree from yesterday “Zane” I said then I found out he was sleeping I crouched down so I could get a better look he looked so fragile and small like he would break into pieces if you held him like a glass angel “I’m sorry Roxy but what are you doing?” Gavin said from behind me which mad me fall into Zane’s lap and woke him up then he put his arms around me. “ hello Roxy is there a particular reason you woke me up from a good dream” he said then Gavin walked away I got up and sat on the ground and said blushing “I didn’t mean to wake you up” I was so embarrassed but all he did was laugh and say “ so why did you fall on me” “Gavin scared me while I was watching you sleep” I blurted out then covered my mouth he just laughed harder and said “ your too cute, so any reason why you came to me” “yea I wanted to return your jacket” I said holding out his hoodie “thanks” he said smiling “well I have to go” I said and just when I was about to go he said “Roxy why are you in such a rush to get away from me we have the same 1st period” “oh yea right” I said feeling more embarrassed. We walk to school together and you would have thought we were fighting in the hallway the way we got so much attention when we got to class I tried to lay low as possible and stayed that way until lunch. “ did you here about Adams’s party tomorrow” Caroline asked me “no” I said “well he’s having a party and we’re so going” she said Happily “you might even loose your v-card” she added everyone at our school knew that Adams parties where sexual like his last one which was an abc party “Caroline! Do you have to say it loud enough for the hole school to hear” I said “I’m sorry I’m just saying your like the only virgin” “am not” “are so face it honey its time” “fine I’ll go but I’m not promising anything” “ok we can get ready at my house and pick out something sexy” she said walking away for lunch I walked outside and I caught Zane sitting under the tree and went to join him “hey Roxy” he said but I said nothing “whats wrong” he said with a bit of concern “can you keep a secret?” I asked him he nodded then I said “well I’m a virgin” he looked unfazed and said “yea so am I” “really” “yea, your looking at me like it the worst thing in the world” “its not but I wanna loose it” “with who” “that’s the thing everyone in the world says your first time should be meaning full and with someone you care about but some say it should be with some random guy so I don’t know who” I said glumly “well to me it doesn’t matter but that’s just me but if you are really thinking about it then maybe you should wait” he said “what do you mean it doesn’t matter to you” “ I mean I could care less if it was with someone I care about or don’t” “seriously” I said “yea It doesn’t really matter to me but it doesn’t mean I would f*** anything that moves” he said which made me laugh “why are we on this subject anyway?” he said “because of Adams party” I said “ oh one of his parties” he said rolling his eyes “ its a one night in heaven party and Caroline said I had to go” I said “ughhhh I hated those kind of parties and when I went with my brother” he said with a scoff “brother what brother” I said confused “yea my brother December” he said looking in my eyes but it was weird because it looked like he was looking past me not at me “how come I’ve never met him” I said still looking in his eyes “he’s…. dead” he said looking away from me. He started getting up and walk away “Zane wait” I said grabbing his shirt “I’m sorry I didn’t to bring up anything that painful” I said with concern “its ok its just that that wound is healing but its still there” he said not looking at me “Zane would you do me a huge favor” I said looking at the sidewalk but Zane put his finger on my chin and brought my face up which surprised me because I thought he was still turned around “yea sure” “well you said it doesn’t really matter who you lost it too so would you come to the party and loose it with me” I said “like have sex with you?” he said blushing “no not me some other girl like at the same time” I said blushing like crazy “uhh yea sure” he said still blushing a bit “I’m sorry it sounds super creepy and weird you don’t have to if you don’t want to” I said really quick and nerdy “your cute” he said putting his hand on my shoulder “I got to go” I said and ran off. When I got home I just passed my mom and went upstairs but the strange thing about it was that when I went upstairs and to sleep I was smiling and blushing.

“so why am I here again” Gavin said sitting on my bed “because you need to help me pick something out for Adam’s party” I said with not much enthusiasm “I thought Caroline was helping you” he said confused “no were just getting ready together and besides I need a guys point of view” I said looking in my closet for anything that would fit tonight “what do you need” he asked walking over to me “something that says sexy and cute at the same time” I said “how about this with some black converse” he said holding out a short red tight dress with spaghetti straps “perfect all I need is Caroline’s black fingerless gloves” “bingo” he said smiling “thanks Gav” I said hugging him “ well I got go or else I’ll miss my date” he said “with who!” I yelled “with this girl named Sam from my math class” “sweet” I said high fiving him “well if I’m going to meet her at the mall I need to go now” he said almost out the door “good luck don’t do anything I wouldn’t” I yelled on his way out. When I went got to Caroline’s she opened the door and I don’t think I’ve ever saw a short skirt like the one she was wearing ever on her “were going to be late thanks to you” she said she was wearing two tank tops one white and one light blue but both tight a studded belt and a blue plaid skirt “sorry Gavin was over helping me with my outfit” I said holding out my dress “its pretty” she said with a smile “thank well can I borrow your gloves” I asked “yea sure lets go to my room”. When we walked to her room I looked around same as always blue walls with pictures all over them then I changed while she talked about which room are the best like the living room because if the guy your stuck with is a “hot mess” from what she said you can just watch movies all night but the way I see it is I already made a deal with Zane I would loose it like he is so I going for anything with a bed. When I was done changing and my hair was ok we went downstairs and hopped in her car. the closer we came to Adam’s house the more nervous and fidgety I became by the time we got there the windows were open because I thought I was going to throw up. When we got inside there was a guy who had a hat with paper in it he said “pick a room and a guy will be in there” I picked on and it said 2nd BEDROOM. “good luck” Caroline said as I walked upstairs, when I got to the door I took a deep breathe and counted 3-2-1 when I opened the door sitting on the bed reading a book was Zane wearing a falling in reverse shirt and tight black skinny jeans with a beanie he obviously didn’t hear me come in because he was still reading his book as I walked closer to him “Zane” I said then he looked up and smiled “well looks like I’m still going to be a virgin” he said “you can say that again” I said sitting on the bed with my head down “don’t look so down at least you still look pretty” he said with a warm smile on his face that said everything will be alright “thanks but I still don’t feel good” I said still pretty sad “fine if you going to mope I’m going to cheer you up” he said putting on some Brokencyde and pretty much blasting it “come on dance with me” he said jumping on the bed which made me laugh then he took my hand and we started jumping and dancing like little kids we were both laughing our asses off I was having so much fun then 5 o’clock in the morning by T-Pain, Lily Allen, and Swizz Beats came on which made me start to sing then the Lily Allen part came on and Zane started singing we were both singing and dancing to the beat he was singing really good and it was strange how I felt like he was singing to me but I was probably just thinking stupid things when the song was done I saw how close we were and then looked into his eyes. They felt like they were pulling me in then I started to lean in and so was he until our lips finally met his were soft and a little chapped I put my arms around his neck to pull him closer and he put his arms around my waist then he started to lick my bottom lip for an entrance and I opened my mouth then all of a sudden he pushes me into the wall while still kissing me and grabs my wrist really hard and tighten the grip ever so often which was hurting me and he started to lick my neck “Zane stop” I said then he just tightened his grip “Zane stop it your hurting me” I cried in pain but he didn’t listen then he started to kiss me hard and I tried to get him off of me but he was to strong I looked into his eyes and they were that blood red color but then they started to fade and he loosened his grip I pulled myself from under him and ran closer to the bed he was breathing really hard and looked like he had just been beaten in a fight then he put his hand in his pocket and pulled out a vile of what I think was water and drank a bit and his eyes went back to blue again and he started to cry a bit “Zane” I said concerned “you don’t have to be my friend Roxy I know I’m a freak to you, you don’t have to pity me” he said but the strange thing was I didn’t think he was a freak like everyone said and I didn’t pity him “Zane can you tell me the truth about you and I mean the real truth” I said then he looked a little worried and said “I knew I’d have to tell it sooner or later”

“it all started with my mom and dad having kids so they had October and they loved kids so much that they decided to have another which ended up being twins, me and December” he said “you had a twin” I asked surprised “yea he was 3 minutes older” he said “he was really everything I wasn’t I guess you could say he went to a different school but I knew all about him he had all the girls going gaga for him and all the guys wanting to be him he was popular in every way possible and everyone liked him while I was kinda the one who faded into the back round but the thing about it was that he never rubbed it in my face he had friends he was always nice” he said smiling “then it all kinda changed when mom said she was having another girl he I guess got a little tired of my mom and dad talking only about the baby October didn’t care neither did I but it really got to him and when Maddie was born it only got worse I can actually say he hated her and not like brother and sister hate actual hate he would say things to me and October like why do they care so much about that damn baby” he said frowning I said nothing “at first nothing really happened then around her first birthday he I guess you could say cracked” then after he said cracked he paused and said “ he stopped hanging out with his friends even his best friend and started going out late to god knows where and drinking and smoking he would manipulate people like they were just pieces in his chess games or else he wouldn’t talk to anyone and living as his twin became my own personal hell. There was this one time when I really liked this girl maybe even loved this girl named Juliana, she was really the only one other than my family I talked to and me, her, my brother, a couple of his friends were at a party and I was going to tell her how I felt about her but he beat me to the punch he didn’t even like her like that he just wanted her to prove to me I couldn’t have her after that our relationship kinda deteriorated” “well you said he died how did he die” I asked “their was a fire a big fire that happened at our old house it engulfed everything back then October was in new york going to college so she wasn’t hurt I got Maddie and me out just in time but it was too late for my mom, dad and December but I guess you could say it wasn’t to late for December since it was his doing” he said with sorrow in his eyes “ wha.. what do you mean?” I asked in a mix of horror and shock “when I was running through the house I kept hearing him telling me that the devil helped him set the fire and that our bodies will be one I didn’t know what he was talking about until he took over my body the first time and my eyes went red it totally scared October she took me to a preacher who made me drink holy water and I went back to normal the preacher said I needed an exorcism but part of me wouldn’t let him do it” “why” I asked “because even though he was crazy and a devil worshipper he was still my brother who I kinda looked up to and I couldn’t think of loosing him and the weird thing is, is that we still talk to each other like old days before Maddie but now the attacks are happening more and more often and after what happened to you I know he’s becoming stronger and stronger” he said with a grim look on his face “I think October was right when she said I can’t keep him like this for much longer but I this I know I have to get rid of him” “I think its best I mean I know you love him but its getting worse” I said but he didn’t say anything I think he knew what he had to do but I think my head was still spinning a bit I mean all of it seemed like I was in a really bad horror movie and I secretly wanted to leave the theater immediately so I just stood up “I need to go talk to October sorry about everything” he said walking almost out the door then I pulled him into a tight hug “I hope you get better” I said in almost a whisper then he pulled back and left and after getting my stuff so did I even though I had to call my mom to pick me up. When she asked me how was my night the only thing I could tell her was it was a night I’ll never forget.

When I woke up Saturday I felt like I had a hangover even though I didn’t drink then I realized why I was on the floor, I had fallen out of bed last night. I tried to think of exactly what happened but it hurt to remember everything that seems so unreal just then the doorbell began to ring I walked downstairs and looked on the kitchen counter to see a note from my mom that said she had an emergency meeting and wouldn’t be back for 3 day Then I went to go open the door. When I open the door to see Caroline looking happy as ever “hey Roxy” she said coming in “hey” I said less enthusiastic “what happened to you last night I heard you left” she said, that was one of those things I didn’t want to discuss with Caroline but I knew she wouldn’t let up on it until I did “ I did leave” I said walking over to the couch “why, did you end with a douche bag” she said sitting next to me “no I just couldn’t with the guy I got” I said trying to give any details “well who did you end with anyway” she asked raising her right eyebrow “Zane” I said softly “you got Zane Nite!” she said excided “yes but stop being so excited about it” I said a little annoyed “tell me everything!” she said like a little kid whining “we just made out a little” I said blushing remembering last night “I knew you liked him!” she said now jumping up and down on the couch “I do not like him why does everyone think that” I said still blushing “because he’s a cute emo boy and you love emo boys he I’m guessing likes the same music you like he’s the only thing you talk about now a days and now you made out with him, wake up and smell the coffee your head over heels! And honestly I think its stupid your in denial about it you guys look super cute together” she said smiling it was true we had the same taste in music and I have been talking a lot about him but do I really like him? I didn’t know I thought to myself “Caroline how do you know you like someone” I asked curiously “well I guess when he’s the only thing on your mind and you smile when you think or see them oh and your heart pounds a million beats a minute when you touch, why such a weird question?” she said “just wondering” I still deep in thought “well I gotta go me and Gavin are going to the mall tonight wanna come” she asked “nah I got stuff to do” I lied “well see you then” she said leaving and when she left she left me an important question how hard did I fall for a loner.

Its been three weeks since I last saw Zane and in some what the wait was killing me. I mean I knew he wouldn’t be back the first thing Monday but how long does an exorcism last. I was in class daydreaming looking out the window looking at the tree Zane used to favor wishing he was still out there sleeping like he used to “Roxanne!” Ms. Tanner my Science teacher yelled which got my attention “please pay attention” “yes ma’am” I said which made some people laugh then the bell rang “class dismissed except Roxanne” Ms. Tanner said. when everyone was out the door she came over to my desk and said with a bit of concern “ Roxanne I’m becoming a bit concerned about your grades lately their dropping rapidly and I’m wondering if it has to do with someone or something” “and who is that someone” I asked uninterested “Zane Nite ever since he’s been gone you haven’t taken much interest in school work” she said and when she said Zane’s name I felt like crying I didn’t know why but it hurt to hear his name “who asked you!” I yelled at her crying “ your just a teacher its none of your damn business what happens in my life just leave me alone!” I screamed at her running out of the class room and into the courtyard until I see the tree I walk to it and I just stare at it even though I’m still crying and my eyes are blurry and I try to picture him there smiling at me and saying I’m to cute when I do something dorky like always and I would blush but its to hard to picture and I’m back to a tree in an empty courtyard which made me cry more “Zane where are you I miss you” I said out loud “Roxy” I heard someone say and I thought it was Zane so I turned around smiling only to have it be whipped of my face by Gavin. “Roxy what are you doing?” he asked looking worried “oh nothing” I said trying to make it look like I’m shouting someone’s name even though its well known that he isn’t here “Roxy whats up with you lately I’m not trying to be mean but your acting damn right crazy” he said truly worried about me and to know that I think about it I was acting crazy I was talking to a tree and I knew that, that wouldn’t bring him back to school “I know but I just miss him so much” I said pushing myself into Gavin’s arms trying not to cry but couldn’t hold back the tears it just hurt so much and I didn’t know why I mean I never thought that I would fall this hard for Zane hell I still thought he was a freak almost a month ago and through the time I knew him I learned that not only is he a freak but a sweet, funny, smart boy that I’ve grown to love, yea I love him which is weird because if you told me before I knew him that when I met him I’d love him I’d say you were out of your damn mind “I need to go to class I think I’ll be okay for today” I said trying to make the best of him being gone even though on the inside I wanted to stay crying under the tree shouting to god knows who.

Today I got myself out of bed lazily and went to school I still didn’t feel good but I was going to make the best of today. when I got to school I saw that everyone was in a big crowd in the courtyard circling around something including Caroline and Gavin “whats going on another fight?” I asked not knowing whats going on “just look” they both said then I looked and my heart almost dropped to ground their standing only a few feet away from me was Zane holding Heather Bennet by her waist and hanging out with the popular crowd I was just as in shock as anyone there I couldn’t believe he was with them I mean yes I was happy he was back but it floored me that he was all of a sudden buddy, buddy with Heather and her crew just then the bell rang and everyone left he kissed Heather good bye and soon it was just me and Zane left in the courtyard “hey Roxy” he said with a smirk “hey Roxy is that all you have to say since when were you dating that bimbo and hanging with her friends” I said trying not to sound pissed “ do I detect jealousy I could have sworn that you and I weren’t together” he said not even a bit sorry “I know but I thought you’d tell me at least after being gone for so long” I said a bit sad “I’m sorry mom I’ll remember to tell you when I f*** her too” he said with a cocky grin “why are you being such a jack ass now I don’t see you for 3 weeks and you become a… a” I said I wanted to say it but couldn’t find the word for him “a douche bag, asshole , a tool does that help” he said still grinning like he was enjoying this which only pissed me off more I tried not looking in his eyes but couldn’t help it but I scared me when I did they weren’t there usual pale blue they were emerald green like October’s “your not Zane” I said softly and a little scared but he seemed unfazed he just walked up to me and whispered in my ear “your smarter than you look the names December sweetheart the better looking and cooler twin obviously” then he just walked up the steps of the school and went inside and left me standing there dumbfounded.

You would have thought I would run after him and ask him a whole series of questions that I definantly wanted the answers to like I thought Zane was getting rid of you or why are you stealing his body but I couldn’t find the will to do it I don’t know why but I just couldn’t. maybe because I didn’t want to look like a crazy again at school or I was to sad to either way I just went to the office got my late pass and went to class but as soon as I walked in I remembered Zane and me had this class together and had the rude awakening that I had cussed out Ms. Tanner by seeing a pass for a lunch date with the schools guidance counselor on my desk great an hour with her but I thought I would just skip I didn’t feel like dealing with her. All through class I couldn’t pay attention because December and Heather were passing note and giggling to each other which made me mad in two ways 1. I didn’t like Heather and it was worse since she was Zane or Decembers new arm candy and 2. Because I couldn’t stand seeing December playing mind games with me pretending to be Zane only for his own amusement but I just tried to get over it no matter how I saw it I was at least relived to see Zane’s face again but it was tainted with the image of those green eyes staring at me so I just put me head down knowing I wouldn’t get any work done anyway and I stayed that way the rest of class until the bell rang when I walked outside I saw December and Heather making out next to my locker I wanted to just walk away but I needed my stuff so I just walked next to them and put the combination in and opened it got my stuff and left but out the corner of my eye I saw December looking with a smirk I knew he was enjoying this seeing me miserable but I just tried to ignore him as long as I could. “where you going?” Caroline asked me as I was walking down the hall “I’m going to have lunch in the courtyard” I told her but she looked at me weirdly “is it because of Zane this morning I mean I’m surprised he’d even look twice at Heather but hey I’m not a boy” she said shrugging “I guess its because of Zane” I said knowing it had nothing to do with Zane but his sadistic brother “well I’m sorry it looked like he liked you before but I guess he’s just a total jerk who has bad taste if he’s going out with that b****” she said pulling me into a hug “I’ll be okay” I said still trying to convince myself that then I walked out to the court yard and sat under the tree Zane liked and started eating until I saw a shadow and saw December looking down at me “hello Roxy” he said but I said nothing “well this is the thanks I get for at least trying to be corjal to you” he said leaning against the tree “where’s your skank” I asked coldly not looking at him “does it matter” he said like he didn’t care but all of a sudden he just laughed to himself “whats so funny” I asked trying to sound uninterested even though I actually wanted to know “how old this tree is” he said which made no sense “since when were you into trees” I said “obviously he didn’t tell you” he said “this is the tree me and him used to play under when we were kids funny how he still sits under it” he said feeling around the tree like it had money in it but then he started hyperventilating and fell to the ground I got up and looked at him and his eyes had changed pale blue for a second and Zane said “help me” but it soon went back to December and he didn’t say anything and just pushed me under him so he was on top of me which made the tree shake “don’t even dare to help him or I’ll do something I think you’ll seriously regret” he said which made me scared then he whispered in my ear “and I don’t want you hurt you Roxy I actually like you” he said in a sinister seduction way then he got off and went inside like it never happened leaving me again dumbfounded in the courtyard but this time I actually had a plan which meant I would need to find October.

Right after I made sure December wasn’t following me I went to Zane’s house to see if I could find October. I knocked on the door a while until I heard what sounded like some one was dragging a chair from the inside then the door open inside was little Maddie standing on a chair in a yellow dress she looked like she had been in quite a scuffle her usually straight hair was puffy and frizzy she had a couple bruises on her arms and legs and was shaking a little “Maddie what happened to you?” I said shocked “December” she said lower than a whisper “December did this to you?” I asked horrified that he was capable of this and all she did was nod “where’s October?” I asked but she just shrugged “can I come in” I questioned then she moved the chair so I could come in. the first place I went was the kitchen and I found her number on the fridge I quickly wrote it down in my note book and went outside but then I realized I couldn’t leave Maddie in the house all alone with December “Maddie come with me” I said she hesitated at first but came soon enough I guess she knew coming with me would be better than staying with December I put her in the back seat and buckled her up then I called October at first she was a little skeptical about me coming to see her but after I convinced her it was an emergency then she gave me directions to her house. When I arrived she was waiting on the porch and as soon as she saw Maddie she went into total shock and she told me to come inside. Her house was ordinary for which wasn’t what I expected since Zane lived at cherry creak she told me to sit on the couch and she sat on a chair across from me and started to brush Maddie’s hair “so whats so important that you needed to interrupt me while I was studying?” she said like she was doing life depending work and I called her for a stupid matter “December’s taken over Zane’s body” I said her eyes went wide and she told Maddie to go upstairs and play “how do you know about Zane’s secret” she asked curiously “at first I saw him when he had his last incident and he told me everything and he told me that you took him to the priest and I thought you could help” I said “ well you did come to the right person follow me to the basement” she said getting up and I followed her “I have been studying how to help Zane since I found out to the extent where I learned and can preform an exorcism” she said walking down the stairs to the basement when we got downstairs I felt like I was in a priests bedroom there was a bed all white sheets matching everything in the room the drapes, the carpet, the chair next to it everything I looked actually very comfortable but when I tried to walk closer to it she blocked me with her hand “this basement has to be very holy or else we won’t be able to help Zane so no touching” she snapped “ok sorry” I said taking a step back she walked to a cabinet and got a vile of red stuff “this is an elixir that will help you get Zane’s body here just put it in his drink or get it in his mouth he just needs to drink it then he’ll be knocked out and ready for it to be preformed ok?” she asked handing to me my first reaction was how am I going to get this in his drink but then I just thought you have to do this for Zane “ok” I said uneasily

I felt uneasy as I drove to Zane’s house which felt like I did constantly lately but this time I was driving on pure adrenaline if it wasn’t for that I wouldn’t be driving their at all no actually I wouldn’t be in this mess if it wasn’t for adrenaline but the way I saw it was it was to late to go back now I was in way to deep. the closer I got to his house the more I had to tell myself that I was doing something I couldn’t go back from and the minute I got there I was still trying to weigh the options. When I got to the door I tried knocking but only to find that the door was already open. I stepped inside and looked around to see no one inside “he must be home its 5” I thought looking at the clock on the stove in the kitchen then I grabbed a kitchen knife and cautiously decided to go upstairs last time December lashed out he hurt Maddie so I wasn’t taking any chances. I walked until I got to Zane’s room then I took a couple breaths and went in and found December listening to music and told me to come in like he was expecting me. I walked in and hid the knife behind my back “before we talk put the knife down” he said blankly like it was obvious. How did he know I mean I tried to be discreet “you won’t do anything to me right” I tried to say confidently to distract from my legs shaking like they were going to give out “cross Zane’s heart” he said in a mocking tone. I slowly put the knife down still not trusting him one second “why did you do that to Maddie?” I asked him but he just laughed to himself and said “for attention mom” after he said that I felt like slapping him hard across the face but I pulled myself back because I needed him to drink the elixir “BE SERIOUS! why do you hate Maddie she’s your own sister” I shouted but he seemed at ease and a bit impressed with himself that he got me that angry like he was betting himself “you wanna know why” he said calmly “yes” I said going to sit on the bed but still far enough away from him “I don’t hate Maddie” he confessed which caught me off guard I mean from what October and Zane had been telling me he hated her “then why did you set fire to the house?” I asked completely confused “I felt like it was my only option” he said then I got up “this makes no fucking sense why would you get rid of your friends cut of everyone become a demon for no reason” I said confused out of my mind “because when no one loves you literally love you, you end up like me! Do you ever feel like no one in the world cares about you that’s how I felt sure the random sluts I attracted and all my friends looked glamorous on the outside but on the inside it was killing me because I kept wondering how long it would be until they left me and find some other poster child then my family rejected my by adding Maddie to the mix I tried everything Alcohol weed anything in a prescription bottle was emptied out and used to keep me going until it wasn’t enough the pain was to strong for me and I just decided to burn everything that gave me pain I didn’t care who died in the fire the or who was a sad casualty” he confessed which actually sounded like his first time confessing it. I was still debating what to say next because I felt like know matter what great speech came out of my mouth he would still be a demon I have to snuff out of Zane “but Zane loved you” I said without thought but some how I must have triggered him because he pushed me against the wall and held my hands above my head “no one loves me and they never had like I said its to late!” he screamed in my face which scared me beyond belief “ but what if I loved you what if I forgot about Zane and loved you alone” I said but I couldn’t believe it was coming out my own mouth “how could you love a demon” he snarled “because you’re the one that’s in that body and you look more like a boy than a demon” I said he was still holding me but his expression softened “you’ll really love me?” he asked calmer “yes but you need to drink this or else I won’t” I said remembering the vile then he stepped back and I got it out of my pocket and gave it to him he eagerly drank it and I could tell he started to feel nauseous and fell on the ground “you tricked me” he said in a weak coarse voice then he tried to get the knife but gave out before he could reach it, it was horrify watching him it was like watching a dying animal instead it was the boy I loved but I just tried to pick him up and dragged him until he was in the back seat of my car then I got in and drove to Octobers house trying not to think of December because I couldn’t understand how you could go from hating someone to complete pity

I drove until I got to October’s I couldn’t bear looking in the back seat until I had to I picked Zane’s lifeless body and carried it to the door. When October opened the door you could see the pain in her eyes like she was going to cry but the she looked up at me and her expression hardened to urgency “we need to do this fast” she said barely looking at me or the body I just nodded. I carried him until we got down the stairs that lead to the basement the October carried him to the white bed because I was not holy enough to go close to the bed so I just sat in a chair still keeping my distance. She laid him down and washed his face with blessed water “Jesus I ask that you cast out any and all evil spirits in, around or attached to Zane” she said loudly “December I command you in the name of Jesus Christ to leave Zane’s body now” then she started chanting what I think was bible verses and all of a sudden Zane’s eyes open but it wasn’t Zane’s pale blue or December’s emerald green the were blood red then she stepped back “what happened” I asked looking at him “my part is done now Zane has to fight December on his own” she said grimly.
Inside the body Zane’s P.O.V
“December” I said cautiously walking over to him “don’t you dare come close to me bastard!” he said sadly like he was crying “December” I said coming a little closer “I told you stay away” he said like he had enough I just got closer “December why are you acting like this” I asked “because no one loved me! no one not mom not dad not October no one!” he screamed staring in my eyes “but what about me or Maddie we loved you a lot and so did mom, dad and October they were worried sick about you when u started acting like this we all loved you especially me” I said sincerely he just looked at me “remember that tree me and you carved our names on when we were kids that was the best day of my life because I knew you’d be my best friend forever” I said thinking of the tree in the court yard “I remember” he said faintly “then lets stop fighting” I said holding my hand out for him to shake it he reached him hand out unsurely then he took it back and said with a devilous look “sorry brother but I’m a demon and evils what we do” I looked at him shocked and he left leaving me in darkness

REGULAR P.O.V
all of a sudden his eyes turn green and vines shot out of his hand planting themselves into the ground he shot into the air and looked down at me with a wicked smile “you thought you could get rid of me” he said I just looked at him in horror then a vein shot out of his hand and wrapped around me “December let me go!” I screamed struggling to get myself out of his clutches “to bad sweetheart” he said then a black rose started to grow from the vein and sprayed me with a mist when it bloomed I blacked out.
The boy in room 301 b’s lover
When I woke up I was in a room decked out in red and black I looked around and I couldn’t name where I was I looked at myself and saw I was in a long red satin dress on a red bed “what the hell” I said out loud “may I help you miss” I heard a girl say when I looked up I saw her it was Caroline in a black maids outfit “Caroline what are you doing her where am I ?”I asked she said nothing “Caroline?” I said but again she said nothing I got up and waved my hand over her face but she said nothing didn’t even blink “Caroline” I said touching her shoulder her shoulder then she fell over I bet down a poked her when I did I felt her skin she felt hard I felt her arm hard like she was made of plastic like a Barbie doll I got up and headed for the door. When I tried to open it, It didn’t budge I tried a second time nothing I pushed harder then it opened I got outside and realized something was blocking it and that something was Gavin I bent down to help him up only to realize he was plastic to so I kept on walking until I found giant double doors also red I opened it to find December sitting on a red throne holding black and red roses “hello lover” he said seductively I was taken back by his choice of words “don’t say anything I know what your thinking you’re my lover since I drank that elixir that you thought would get rid of me but sadly didn’t but we’ll worry about that later if I want to kill you but I’ll only do that if your disobedient” he said “what-“ “do I mean by that I mean you love me and me alone like you said and we wrap the world in darkness together” he said cutting me off “what do you say” he said handing me the roses “never” I said “I knew it had to be the hard way but I tried to make it easy for you” he said like he was bored all of a sudden vines sprang from the ground and wrapped around my arms pulling me to the floor and then veins pulled my feet to stop me from squirming “December you and your brother are such idiots” I shouted “you both don’t even realize how much people care about you” “what are you talking about” he said madly “ your brother cares about you a lot when he was here all he talked about was how much of a good guy you were before you were a demon he said even Maddie loved you and so did you parents” “your lying!” he said then needles started poking out of the veins and made my arm and legs started to bleed “its sad how much you brother loved you and you don’t even care about him” “that’s not true I loved him!” he said then his expression softened “If you love him why am I here” I said calmly then the veins unwrapped from around my arm and legs i got up and walked closer to him “why are you saying all these things?” he asked “because I care about you and I know what I did to you was wrong but just like you and me we all make mistakes and all of them can be fixed not erased” I said with a smile handing him a red rose he just looked at me for a moment and hugged me when he pulled back his eyes went from green to blue then he collapsed and the place we were in started rumbling I dragged him out of there and he place collapsed on itself the night mare was finally over I carried him until I got to his house then I laid him on his bed and somehow I fell asleep. When I woke up he was playing with my hair and softly singing Things that Rhyme with orange by ISMFOF “your happy” I said softly he stopped singing and kissed my lips “because I have you to wake up to and not darkness love” I just smiled “I missed you” I said “I missed you too” he said smiling finally I saw his smile.