Together We're Trouble | Teen Ink

Together We're Trouble

By TheVoiceoftheSilent SILVER, Westlake, Ohio
TheVoiceoftheSilent SILVER, Westlake, Ohio

"Of course it is happening inside your head, Harry, but why on earth should that mean that it is not real?" - Albus Dumbledore

Summary:

We, Bade Lowlen, Adara Kidling, Addae Lowlen, and Noah Wesley, all go to Maysam High School in Albuquerque, New Mexico. As you progress through our... adventures, a time may come when you think you know us and our school. I implore you to not be fooled by the outside layers. The student body may seem functional, and it was. (Was is the key word here.) That was before we (with the help of others) started a high school civil war. If you have the time, turn the page, and let us explain.

TheVoiceoftheSilent

Together We're Trouble

This book has 1 comment.

addictwithapen PLATINUM, Norfolk, Virginia

"I'm at it again as an addict with a pen." - twenty one pilots, addict with a pen

First off, good job for writing something this long. That in itself is a huge achievement. As far the content is concerned, here is my opinion: While the premise is interesting, I don’t feel like you ever really explained why exactly all the students decided to fall into the groups that the circles placed them in. It just seems a bit unrealistic that they would change their ways completely because a couple of students placed them in cliques for a project. Maybe if you made the circles magical somehow, that would explain it? The other thing is that the beginning and the end feel a bit unbalanced. The beginning does a good job of setting the scene, but could be cut down a little (the description of what the main characters do with their families in particular became a bit repetitive after a while). Meanwhile, the ending feels rushed. They go through all this effort to make a new circle and then give up just like that when it doesn’t work? I liked how you included diversity in your cast and made them all unique and interesting. You capture their dialogue well and they seem like actual kids you might meet in the hallways. So that’s just what I think, I hope I explained it alright. Thanks for giving me the opportunity to review your book. :)