The | Teen Ink

The

FADE IN:

EXT. LUNCH ROOM- MIDDLE OF DAY

Serena and Eliza are sitting at the lunch table with a screenshot on Serena’s phone,having news about her boyfriend supposedly cheating on her. She is about to read it and get Eliza’s opinion.

Eliza:

So who told you about this? Who even sent it to you?

Serena:

Kaylie sent it to me this morning but I haven’t brought myself together in order to open it.

Eliza:

Well don’t you think you should open it?

Serena slowly slides over on the chat in order to read it.

Kaylie:

(Bangs hands on table and startles Lauren and Megan)

Hey guys- Serena did you even bother looking at my text this morning? You’ve been ignoring me all day.

Eliza:

(Looks over at Serena with a uneasy look)

We were just talking about a party this weekend Kaylie… are you going?

Kaylie:

(Listening intently)

I didn’t hear anything about a party… who’s house and who’s going? Will it even be worth my time?

Eliza:

(Kaylie listens but then struts away)

Well probably not but who knows.

Serena:

(Looking down at her phone with shocked look on her face)

Eliza:

Well what’s the stitch?

Serena:

It says that my boyfriend is apparently going to cheat on me this weekend at the party we are going to with Abbie.

Eliza:

(Eyes widen)

That can’t be true… That doesn’t even make sense because Abbie is our friend. I bet you it’s just Kaylie trying to scare you so you don’t go.

Serena:

I don’t know though. I mean if it were her she wouldn't she have warned me about Abbie when she came over here? I just don’t understand why Abbie could possibly do that. She’s always been so nice to me.

Eliza:

Oh my god. What if Kaylie is trying to find a way for you to not go to the party so Abbie can get with him! That bitch is probably sabotaging your relationship so Abbie can have Justin.  

Serena:

(Looks around at all the other lunch tables filled with girls.)

I mean I guess but if Abbie really wanted to get with Justin she would attempt it whether I was there or not.

A loud bang happens over in the corner of the cafeteria and Abbie is seen right next to Justin, flirting for everyone to see.

Everybody looks over at them, to then look right back at Serena.

Serena:

(Mouth opened)

This can’t be happening right now.

The bells rings for lunch to end and everyone starts to leave the cafeteria. Abbie is walking faster than the others.

Serena:

(Looks over at Eliza)

There’s no way that this is happening. Abbie can’t possibly being trying to get with MY boyfriend while Kaylie is helping her.

Eliza:

(Looks up worried at Serena)

What if she is though? Both of them have been shady in the past even though they’re always nice to your face.

Serena:

(Walking frantically to their next classes)

Well, I guess that leaves me with no choice but to go to that party and get to the bottom of it. If something happens with them, I’ll expose him as a cheater and her as a lying friend. No one will ever want to talk to them again. Seems as if they are actually perfect for each other.  

END SCENE