breaking free | Teen Ink

breaking free

December 11, 2019
By zeebethugginn, Franklin Va., Virginia
More by this author
zeebethugginn, Franklin Va., Virginia
0 articles 0 photos 0 comments

Author's note:

hello my name is zaniya and i'm the author of breaking free. hopefully my story will get read and maybe people will like it. yes im still in school and im a freshman.

 He was like an angel. He wouldn't dare hurt a fly. I thought he was the man of my dreams. The way swept me off my feet and told me loved me. He told me he never hurt me he fed me nothing but lies and I believed them but I mainly believed him. He also told me he would never hurt me. I took his word for it. For two months he had me in this so-called heaven. He treated me like he wants his mother or sister treated. He put on a front for me and I ignored it. That lasted for about 3 months. Then something inside him changed. That sparkle that was inside his eyes were gone and replaced with fire and angrier. The love he had for me was gone it had turned into hatred. I started to see his true colors! I started to see who he really was. I remember like it was yesterday, I had already fallen asleep and he was just coming in the house. It was really late like round 4:30 am. He came into the house and slammed the door. I guess he was trying to wake me up, I really don’t know but I did wake up to him slamming our bedroom door. He was so drunk that I could smell the alcohol through his pores. That's when he started to get undress so he could get in bed. Instead of him getting on the other side of the bed he got on top of me and he slapped me, again and again. Punch after punch, slap after slap. I don't even remember what i did to deserve this. After he finished hitting me he fell on the other side of the bed. He started crying like a baby. I wanted to leave but something inside me told me to stay. I kept telling myself that he didn't mean it, he won't do it again. With that being said I forgave him.

   A week had passed since he had put his hands on me. When I thought we were on good terms he did it again. The first time he had hit me I forgave him because he was drunk. But he wasn't drunk this time he was sober. I cried to him asking him why? why are you doing this to me? He didn't respond to me he just walked off. He left me in the bathroom with bruises, scratches, scars and blood that was gushing down my cheeks. He had me questioning god asking ‘’ him why me god out of all the women and men in the world you choose me, you choose me’’. Before I knew it, I had packed my stuff and I was getting ready to leave. I couldn't take it anymore. If he loved me then he wouldn't put his hands on me. Before i could get out the door he came in the house. ‘’ hey baby, what you doing here?’’ I was so nervous I couldn't talk. ‘’Where you supposed to be going? You aren’t planning on me huh? ‘’ he asked. ‘’ANSWER ME! ‘’ he yelled but this time his hand was around my throat. ‘’I - I can’t breathe Jordan’’. I said gasping for air. It felt like every time i tried to gasp for air his grip got tighter. Then I blacked out , when I woke up  I was naked. He took advantage of me when I was unconscious. When I woke up he had me wrapped in arms like everything was okay. I got of bed wrapped a sheet around me and went to the bathroom. As soon as I got to the bathroom I collapse to the floor crying and sobbing. I screamed to the top of my lunges saying ‘’ I CAN'T TAKE THIS ANYMORE ‘’. I cried for about two hours and fell asleep in the bathroom. I woke up to Jordan banging on the door. ‘’ Aaliyah I’m sorry, please open the door I’m sorry, I love you I didn't mean to hurt you.’’ With that being said, he left

. I couldn't believe the words that were coming out of his filthy mouth. You're lying to me you don’t love me because if you did you wouldn’t your hands on me. That was all I said. But he said nothing. The house was completely silent all you could hear was Jordan’s footsteps he had on his work boots. He was off to work and I saw my chance to leave. I waited 15 minutes before I actually left from the bathroom. After I made sure the coast was clear I gathered my clothes and shoes together and before I could go I left a note and it said ‘’ goodbye Jordan I can’t take the abuse anymore I thought you loved but clearly you don’t because if you did wouldn’t put your hands on me and here's the ring back. Jordan you broke your vows. You broke them.’’ I was finally free from Jordan and the prison he called a home. The baby that was growing inside me would have a better life. Yes, I'm pregnant, when I locked myself in the bathroom I took a pregnancy test and it said positive. That's when I realized I didn’t want my son/daughter growing up around that monster Jordan. I wanted my son to know how to be a man and Jordan would be a terrible example. For my daughter I want her to know that if a man loves her the way he says he does then he won't put his hands on her because me and Jordan are terrible examples. But now I’m free and I won't go back. Ever.



Similar books


JOIN THE DISCUSSION

This book has 0 comments.