Total Eclipse of the heart | Teen Ink

Total Eclipse of the heart

By Jazzy3, Austin, Texas
Jazzy3, Austin, Texas

" She smashed her rear view mirror because she was tired of looking back"

Summary:

My life didn’t exactly play out the way the world has come to believe. It wasn’t one of love, and friendship, and kindness. It was much darker than that, and I assure you, incredibly more painful.When the one you love isn't always the one who is with you, when you're trapped in a vicious cycle you know you need to break free of, how do you do so when you love the way he lies?

Jazmine S.

Total Eclipse of the heart

AsIAm PLATINUM said...
AsIAm PLATINUM, Somewhere, North Carolina

"According to some, heroic deaths are admirable things. (Generally those who don't have to do it. Politicians and writers spring to mind.) I've never been convinced by this argument, mainly because, no matter how cool, stylish, composed, unflappable, manly, or defiant you are, at the end of the day you're also dead. Which is a little too permanent for my liking." — Jonathan Stroud (Ptolemy's Gate)

I don't usually read novels, but this one really grabbed my attention. It's not perfect (what is, right?) but I really hope you continue to add more, as well as keep working on what you have. You have something great here, and I hope you don't give up on it. :)

Timekeeper DIAMOND, Cary, North Carolina

"A guy walks up to me and asks 'What's Punk?'. So I kick over a garbage can and say 'That's punk!'. So he kicks over a garbage can and says 'That's Punk'?, and I say 'No that's trendy'!"- Billie Joe Armstrong, Green Day

"...when you love the way he lies?"

I see you had a soundtrack in mind when you were writing this :P

You definitely explored some subjects here that few teen authors are willing to deal with, and I admire that. I look forward to more of your work.