Coming of Age | Teen Ink

Coming of Age

By NsyncLanceFan GOLD, Chehalis, Washington
NsyncLanceFan GOLD, Chehalis, Washington

"Take a tip from me Mr. Producer. One alligator, one chicken, one satisfied audience." Martin Crane, Frasier

Summary:

Randy is a simple sixth grader. He's scared enough about being in a new school environment with kids that he hasn't seen before - why does puberty have to be thrown into the mix? But it isn't like his friend Alan's puberty - the hair growth, the attractions to girls, and the maturity change from elementary school (mostly...) Why can't Randy have it easy, like other boys? Why does he have to be thrown through emotional rings of fire? Why does he have to become an outcast and loose his friends?

Tags: Family

Jordan S.

Coming of Age

This book has 1 comment.

Timekeeper DIAMOND, Cary, North Carolina

"A guy walks up to me and asks 'What's Punk?'. So I kick over a garbage can and say 'That's punk!'. So he kicks over a garbage can and says 'That's Punk'?, and I say 'No that's trendy'!"- Billie Joe Armstrong, Green Day

I've said it once, I've said it a thousand times-- middle school is the hardest thing in the world for teens!

This is interesting and honest, but you have a few typos and minor errors (loose versus lose) that could be fixed.

Please check out my novel SuperNOVA and leave your thoughts on it! I think you'll enjoy it.