UNCLASSIFIED | Teen Ink

UNCLASSIFIED

November 23, 2011
By S.Bates SILVER, Columbia, South Carolina
S.Bates SILVER, Columbia, South Carolina
9 articles 0 photos 0 comments

Favorite Quote:
"To live a creative life, we must lose our fear of being wrong" - Joseph Chilton Pearce


Summary:

Shaamel Bates has written a gritty story of a girl’s courage, commitment, confidence and competence to triumph from a life of poverty. Paris Jensen lives in a world colored by a father who left her, a mother who is a drug addict, responsibility for her younger siblings, and a friend who has an abusive stepdad. Her only salvation is education- a salvation she clings to with determination. Encouraged by teachers, she works hard and dreams of going to Harvard. When her father returns and her best friend considers suicide, Paris has to move from a shy, quiet girl to a leader quickly. This first work is a raw and unvarnished story of a hard life, a hopeful spirit and a personal victory. I look forward to watching Paris Jensen as she grows in her leadership and her positive impact on others.


S.Bates

UNCLASSIFIED


Similar books


JOIN THE DISCUSSION

This book has 2 comments.


on Sep. 12 2012 at 6:29 pm
This young lady is going places. Her stories and poetry takes you on the journey with each word. thank you Shaamel. I look forward to more traveling : _ )

BlackRaven said...
on Mar. 2 2012 at 8:23 am
BlackRaven, Brooklyn, New York
0 articles 0 photos 13 comments

Favorite Quote:
Love,Hate,& happiness.PLAY your music your way!

I LIKE IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!