The Red Tree | Teen Ink

The Red Tree

By DottedInk, Wyoming, Michigan
DottedInk, Wyoming, Michigan

"The power of imagination makes us infinite."

Summary:

Thousands of people die every day. Millions die every year. Most of us live our lives not even realizing that someone, this instant, somewhere is losing a loved one. Natalie never really thought much about death, especially when it came to those who are young. She was one of those people who loved living life in the moment; hanging with her friends, going to parties, and just being happy, but after her parents divorce things started getting rocky. It was soon to be senior year. The day that she and her friends Sarah and Anna have been waiting for. They promised each other that this year would mark the best, the craziest, and most funnest time of their high school careers. To kick off the beginning of the year, Chris Foley throws the hugest party, basically inviting the whole district. Life was starting up again for Natalie as she attends the biggest party with her best friend Sarah, or so she thought. Things begin to take a turn for the worst, plunging Natalie into a darkness she has never known.

Kelsi E.

The Red Tree