A Season for Autumn | Teen Ink

A Season for Autumn

By Julia McCullagh SILVER, New York, New York
Julia McCullagh SILVER, New York, New York

Summary:

Autumn is a sixteen year old girl who just moved to a Alexandria, Virginia. No one knows why she left her hometown except her family and herself. She begins a new school trying to get to know others, especially a sweet boy named Nate, but she tries to do so without exposing her past. Will her past be revealed? Will her secret be uncovered? Will someone find out the reason why she left?

Julia M.

A Season for Autumn

This book has 1 comment.

on Jun. 7 2014 at 2:40 am
Z.V.Oksana PLATINUM, Harrison, Arkansas

“Maybe you can afford to wait. Maybe for you there's a tomorrow. Maybe for you there's one thousand tomorrows, or three thousand, or ten, so much time you can bathe in it, roll around it, let it slide like coins through you fingers. So much time you can waste it.
But for some of us there's only today. And the truth is, you never really know.”
― Lauren Oliver, Before I Fall

First off, I love your inspiration for the story. I know too many people who have been affected by alcolism as well. With the short book in general, you have really good tempo and over all it's a sweet story that is entertaining to read. Now here's some criticism: I've read this before. Girl moves, girl meets boy, girl likes boy, boy has girlfriend, it's a very common situation in most YA novels. It would be nice to know some more background information about the lives of Amber and Nate, in order to help the story have a different vibe than a regular YA novel. If you tell more about their past, what makes them unique, in my opinion, it'll make the story more original, and it would draw you deeper into their lives. :) Thank you for posting, keep on writing, you're wonderful at it!