The Five Stages of Grief-But Not Really | Teen Ink

The Five Stages of Grief-But Not Really

Summary:

On a far-off planet hidden deep in our galaxy, a school for those training to become intergalactic heroes sits on an Earth-like planet. This school if where Saffi and her cousin Matt are sent to train for the role of Sentries. Saffi soon finds love-love that takes the shape of a girl named Angel. The two girls keep their love hidden from their peers and share secret kisses between bells. Together, they explore the universe and all its wonders.

This all changes when Angel is shipped off to war. At the time, a major intergalactic war is raging. Angel is called off to duty, and when she doesn't return when promised, Saffi is heartbroken. 

Saffi blames herself for what happened and falls into a mental pit of despair and regret. Her hands shake and she can't stop remembering the one person she's trying so hard to forget-Angel.

Five years go by, and they meet again. Angel, now a space pirate, is dying on the shore of an unknown planet. Saffi, sent to investigate her distress signal, finds herself face to face with the person she'd give anything to see for five long years. But Angel is dying. And Saffi, despite all her power, can't save her friend. They spend the last fifteen minutes of Angel's life chatting, and Saffu remains about their time together.

Angel passes, and the sun shines on Saffi once again.

Anonymous

The Five Stages of Grief-But Not Really