The ending (book 2) | Teen Ink

The ending (book 2)

August 9, 2021
By awesome_writer BRONZE, Lahore, Other
More by this author
awesome_writer BRONZE, Lahore, Other
2 articles 0 photos 2 comments

Favorite Quote:
opportunities don't come to you , you make them for yourself, BY yourself....


Author's note:

this is the continution of the "book 1"....you can find book 1 on my page easily..<3

[Jihha]

Minutes, hours and almost a day have passed since the pact on the agreement was done. No news ever since I made the deal…..and here I am sitting in this café wondering if all that was real……/of course it was real! this ring is a proof/

< {Flashback}>

< “My end? I will gladly accept my ending” I said with a confidence because I was desperate. He looked satisfied and suddenly grabbed my hand and pulled me towards himself.>

<“Look human I must say all this have caught my attention…I am putting this yellow ring on you, this deal will take all your positive deeds credits to her but if this continues your end will be nearer than you can ever imagine but in addition to that every day you will feel immense pain because all the good things won’t affect you, this ring will make sure that your end can be delayed and you can live your miserable part painlessly so that you can fulfil my part of our deal as I desire, also it needs a recharge every day before midnight”….his gaze is cold yet pure>

[Third person]

(Both got caught in an intense eye contact …..it looked like they didn’t realise but couple of minutes have past but their faces remained just a couple of centimetres away from each other. Luka was as lost in her eyes as she was into his but the thing that was new was that his gaze was soft and affectionate…..until Jihha realised that what was happening to her…. )

[Jihha]

< “understood! Now will you…?” I brought up his hand that was holding mine to coldly signal him to let go of me now and he did, at least he have manners. He smirked last time and there vanished into air like stars in night sky or glitter in a strong wind… >

< {Present time}>

/how did he vanish like that? /…..

^Aren’t you a curious soul? So miss pretty lady don’t you think that ring is enough evidence^…..

/woaahhh we can talk by just thinking now? /   ^of course that’s another power of mine but if I allow and your sub consciousness allows you can communicate with me, by that ring. ^ 

 /that’s cool and creepy at the same time! Anyways I have some questions about that deal and more so if you have time…can you clear my misperception? /         ^I am momentarily busy, but tell your misperception to wait a little ok pretty human? But I guarantee you that you will have your answers by midnight because I have to recharge the ring! Now if you’ll excuse me. ^

/no…wait a second …wait, Wait….WAIT…/ “I SAID JUST YOU WAIT A SECOND….GOD DAAMNIT!!!” everyone looked like me if I was a psycho or maybe a mental patient …..Oh no….”sorry I apologise I was on a call thorough Bluetooth hand free…you know air pods are all the rage hehe” 

Wow I made a fool of myself in just first half off the day…even I can’t be mad since to think of it, it was worth the laugh.

It’s finally 10 pm now…being a lawyer was never easy from the first place…/I guess all my luck has really gone now…/

“I warned you though” there he stood in his all black attire…looking at me as I kept walking towards him, he is the ending of all yet his aura is….bright and …..Lonely that it’s almost in dull colours….

“Why are you in black again?” I asked

“It’s the colour that suits me! I am the end remember?” he said so and chuckled, the distance between us was shortening but it wasn’t me walking towards him, he was coming forward.

“Ending huh? They can be beautiful as well” as my words left my mouth I can see him raising his eyebrow in curiosity…

[3rd person]

(Luka looked taken back by her words as if he see some hope in her.)

[Jihha]

“Really? Tell me any one ending of something that IS beautiful!” he said as if he is mocking my statement.

“The nebulae, you know when a start reaches its end it explodes and emit stardust and a nebulae is formed is different and vibrant colours. Although it indeed is the ending of that star yet it still is super beautiful. Also the ending of a day is also pretty because a sunset is formed.”……/why is he so silent all of a sudden? / ….he sighed and shook his head.

“I am kind of speechless that someone who is going to be a lot more miserable, looks so hopeful as if they are the most happiest.” He explained his thoughts.

“Huh! Well you are here to recharge the energy of this ring, right? How is it recharged?”………….

“By my kiss”

“WHAT??? NO?! YOU AREN’T SERIOUS!”

 “Of course not, I was just messing with you” he laughed so hard…/he looks so cute when he is laughing, why is he so ….fine-looking /

“Yes I am very fine-looking miss human, but I am afraid I can’t really fulfil your desires.” He said.

“My desires? Someone is a little too confident and also my name is not miss human” I spoke as he just smiles and grasped my hand pulling with me towards him…..my heart…its racing…….because of him…….

[Luka]

To recharge the ring I pulled her closer, she is persistent as always. As the distance between us shortened I felt a….movement of my heart….an emotional heartbeat? She kept the eye contact and that’s how I realised that there is something more beautiful than any galaxy ….it’s her. Am I even supposed to be even thinking that, she is just a human who made a deal with me…but i…don’t think she is just another ridiculous human, she is determined and caring? I wonder why the monsters who call themselves human beings are so happy and why people like her are in misery…

“Jihha….Lee Jihha is your name, I know that.” I said while maintaining the eye contact.

“Y-you know my name then why do you keep addressing me as miss human?” she said in a very soft voice and that’s when it hit me that our faces were just some inches apart, I have hardly known for maybe 1-2 days yet why am I growing so fond of her? I let go of her hand as she hesitantly took a step back….is she flustered?

“Hmm well I like calling you that.” That was the best response I can come with…

“Hey you have never told me your name…what’s your name?” she questioned.

“By nature I was given the name obliteration… but it’s Luka.” I can see her shoulder relaxing…was she tensed?

“Luka, that’s such a nice name. Did you choose it?” she asked

“No, a girl gave it to me….it’s about 20 years ago. At that time, the little girl was almost 7-8 years old. I still remember that little rabbit.” I replied…I wonder why she is staring at me like that…she looks cute…like a rabbit…..

“That’s cute….you know tha-”

*help…she will kill me…*

Her face tells me that because the ring and the source of its powers (me) were with her, she can hear what I just heard. The voice continues as her expressions changes….

“What is this voice?? Is that your call….?” She just gulped afterwards

“Yes that’s my call to make the use of my existence.” I replied.

“You can save her…that’s why you are hearing her call, go save her from that monster” before I can say anything she just grabbed my hand and reassured me with a small and warm smile before she turned her back and went towards her house….did she really think I can save her…..with this thought I went my own way.

“Humans are just mere and miserable.......but…….”

[Jihha]

I turned around. I saw his expression when that call was made…it was obvious; his existence brings the ending of the being that makes the call. His expression was clear, he wanted to save that person but….it’s not something his existence can allow for him to do. I started walking towards my home as I can feel him teleporting to the place he needed to be right now. And I realised….....

“You think humans are only miserable and mere……but ……even you are aware that your existence is also making you miserable, more than any human it’s you who cares about the humanity of kind and generous beings even if you admit it or not…you are just in denial Luka, you were always compassionate about this world from the start till now and that’s what makes you a beautiful ending….a conclusion that’s worth to be reminisced!

[Jihha]

“Iced milkshake for Lee Jihha”

I grabbed my order and went my way towards my home…..it’s almost midnight and thankfully my friend Sadaf owns a café so she gave me a milkshake in this very odd timing. It has been almost 2-3 hours since I last saw him…. /I wonder what he might be doing….Hey? Can you listen? /

^ Yes. ^

/I was wondering if you can save someone who calls by giving the danger its end. /

^no…. ^ after his reply a hushed wave of air came and gave a chilled sensation throughout my body and then in a split seconds I heard some sound of like small bells…and that’s it our connection….he denied it. I wondered what happened and all the way back home I kept thinking out again and again. But nothing, my head started to ache.

I don’t really sleep well last night. Thoughts about obliteration and headaches just ruined my sleep. /is his existence that cruel? Does he want it all to end that much? /……..

“You are early today…..and you look concerned” Elizah asked, I am grateful that my co-workers here are nice. It’s not easy to find a warm welcoming law department, but thankfully this publishing company is mostly of good people.

“Yeah …I am concerned about a legal matter and I wasn’t able to sleep properly last night due to headaches. You know how this field can be sometimes…..”

“I absolutely understand….hey Jihha not the best time but isn’t today the hearing of the plagiarized articles case today” she asked

“Yes it’s today….isn’t Samantha the in charge?” I asked as I settled down on my desk.

“Well yes….but the manager and she went stepped out for a breakfast ‘meeting’…..and we have no idea what to do anymore” she said as worriedness was on her face. It was afternoon now and we were working upon matters we were assigned for still no sign of Samantha what-so-ever. Just then Elizah’s phone rang. After the call she came up to me and told me that our manager asked for me….I got up and went to his office…

“Come in” a voice spoke from the opposite side of the glass door in front of me. I pushed the door inwards and as I soon as I entered I saw Samantha sitting on the nearby couch….her attire tells me that it was something more than just a breakfast meeting.

“You called for me sir? How may I hel-”

“WHY THE HELL DIDN’T YOU GO FOR THE HEARING TODAY?”

“Sir I wasn’t the in charge and also I wasn’t informed if I was expected to be present for the hearing.” I tried to explain but of no use, I was blamed.

Its evening now and I visited my aunt today, there I heard some people talking how I never visits her and I am so undutiful but my aunt knows how my job can be, the doctor said that she is recovering…..but…..there are complications. What am I going to do now…my health already seems to be shrinking down?! On my way home it’s was almost midnight. All of the thoughts just kept my mind so busy….…/am I really that undutiful??? I just want to die…this is too hard! /

A sudden pain took over my body….its midnight and I collapsed. /I can’t move….someone help/ a sudden pain took over, it’s like needles in my body …my veins I can feel them almost bursting….is this it? I feel numb and the only thing I can feel is shattering cold…….I lay there I don’t know for how long.

[3rd person]

(She wasn’t afraid of dying there…..she just wanted to see her aunt and him for some reason. He realised that he was forgetting something and rushed towards her direction. )

[Jihha]

^Jihha?! JIHHA please wait a moment…^ I heard his voice…Luka…..

“I am glad you remembered that I …..”

That’s it …he stood in front of me….i can see him….worried. His face was the last thing I saw before a black curtain fell over my eyes…..all I can feel was a last sensation of his hands…this is the first time I felt warmth in his hands…a faint sound of my name was echoing in my ears, it was Luka’s voice. I wonder how come HE is the cause of endings and destruction. That faint sound was full of concern….before I lost all my consciousness …some words finally made their escape.

“You…feel…warm…….”

 [Luka]

Now to come think of it, I regret not maintaining that contact, I have never done this before….i never found any human worth my pity, but I don’t know why her?. Although, I know that she will wake up soon it still stings to see this human laying in front of me motionless. She is walking on a thread just to save a person. Was her life that miserable? Why did she say I feel warm? I feel like nothing. I can’t believe I am feeling this …..But it’s almost afternoon now and she hasn’t waked up ……/please wake up/

Despite what I try…still it’s…..Nothing…..it is because the human body recharges due to their decisions that seems right to them. Since every right decision to them and its outcome leaves either a huge positive impact or a small positive impact…and those impacts recharge a human body. Now, through the deal all her positive impacts are affecting her aunt and only negativity is applying to her, the ring prevents her from the negative impacts so that she won’t be like…..this. But since it wasn’t recharge before it’s needed to, this happened to her.

/wake up human/……………

/human? /………..why isn’t she…..

I began shaking her lightly….no movement…..i shook her a little more before I began to check her nerves…..i shook her furiously but no movement…..her heart rate is low same as last night’s…why am I scared…what is this feeling…no nothing is more important than her…….

/human???? Wake up????/

“Human wake up already…..human…..HUMAN…..” still nothing at all….i feel terrified…..her breath suddenly….dropped

“………….Jihha wake up already…..please I am begging you”

The author's comments:

can you guess what did that strange man meant by the illusion?

stay tuned next parts or book three. they will be published on my home page as soon as possible <3

[Jihha]

/Wait…..where am I? I can hear someone calling to wake me up but here I am, sitting in my office working on this legal opinion. I guess I am exhausted that’s why I am hearing strange noises. / I got up after finishing my work, its dark outside. As I walk on the sidewalk, I feel exhaustion all over my body….. I saw a tree in front of me, what a big and bright tree….wait…/was I here once with someone? /

I walk past from here daily but something seems off or maybe it’s just me.

“Going home already?!” my friend spoke….Sadaf….she is always that happy.

“Yeah I am super tired…why you want to give me some free drink?” I asked as she burst in a giggle.

“Yes or no……It has been so long since we had a long chit chat, come inside!” she explained.

I went inside. We talked and drank coffee. It’s nice to spend some time with a friend. On my way back Sadaf gave me a large glass of milkshake….wait /did I got the same thing at midnight once before? No….not a chance …right? /….on my way home I saw someone waving at me with warm eyes, oh he is my boyfriend Luka….I ran towards him…

“What are you doing here?” I asked…it was a blessing to see him.

“I just wanted to see you….a human can see another human right?” he said with a bright smile…something about this sentence doesn’t make sense…I can’t point it out but something seems weird…..we chatted for a while. I gave him the milkshake and he got so happy and kissed me goodbye for the night, that’s what I am grateful for I see him every day and he is such a nice, humble and caring boyfriend and an excellent human……..human?

I stepped inside my home. Home is a place where I can just be myself! Everything seems weird but I guess it’s just me…

I took a shower and went to my couch with my tea, life is going alright, it’s just work mostly. I sat down as my gaze went upon the portrait of my aunt….her death was painful but I am stable now, I miss her a lot but I will do well in life so that her soul can be in peace and her death…..wait…..my aunt’s death?

/something is wrong…..my aunt can’t die…I made sure of it somehow…. / confusion took over me…I then realised that all this time I had a ring laying on the table in front of me….where did this came from? Should I throw this……I looked up to wall clock…it’s almost midnight…..

“Where is he? It is almost time for recharge…..” what did I just said…..he? Recharge? Who is he...a name came to my head….Luka…..deal……the ring….something’s not right. This is not reality at all. My aunt never died and….I picked up the ring and I heard a glass shattering noise…

.

.

.

And here I stand….in this blue hallway, I can see a figure coming towards me when it became clear I saw a tall, young and pale man with a smirk on his face. His appearance seems like a model but he isn’t something normal.

“What you seek was what you saw mostly.” He said and his gaze landed on me…. “Of course to get something you have to lose something as well and in this case it was your aunt.”……it took me sometime to process what I saw and what I am hearing…..but indeed what I saw was pleasant but it wasn’t satisfactory, the major pieces of puzzle were missing.

“I don’t want that if my aunt is the dead! Also I admit it was a pleasant experience but it wasn’t half of what I wanted….I don’t know what was it but the major pieces of a satisfactory life that I desire for were missing. ”

“I understand but here is the thing….some things that were shown is your desires….your sub-consciousness’s desires to be exact. The only way you can be happy is if you let go both your aunt and the obliteration, and follow the design of your fate that indeed this nature has prepared for you. The world you saw is the world that was filled with your original fate and perhaps some illusions. Now I guess you are smart to know what fate was and…” he said and looked away…

“…..and what illusion was.” I said as his expression became satisfied. “Either way why am I here? What is this place?”

“You guessed right…it’s not reality but it’s nor fake…..it’s something I want and something you want. Now tell me, wasn’t that pleasant. You had your choices impact on yourself and you weren’t bound to anything or anyone, all that for just a small sacrifice….don’t you want that?”

“NO! Is that all what matters for YOU? MY AUNT IS NOT THE SACRIFICE I CAN MAKE JUST FOR MY WELL BEING…… now it’s time for you to finish this illusion!” I exclaimed as he just…..smirked.

“When you will wake up, you will see something different… but you see if this deal of yours goes wrong…this Luka, that has become a little significant to you, can also perish forever!”

“Wait what do you mean?”

  I again hear this glass shattering voice….

………………………………………………………………………………………………..

“………….Jihha wake up already…..please I am begging you

I heard his voice; I opened my eyes while I was trying to catch my breath…why am I panting…..why is he so afraid, terrified and shook…what happened here…./what was that dream…no it was a vision!/

“W-what vision?” he asked…what happened …

/was he crying? /

“YOU DIDN’T WAKE UP FOR MORE THAN A DAY and…….it was my fault”

[3rd person]

(Despite what was happening, Jihha was still panicking over the fact that if their deal goes wrong he will be in danger, she wanted to tell him but already looked…..so worn out by himself that she didn’t have the courage to tell him.)

I don’t know exactly what happened…but if this is what that guy was pointing to then it means that my fate has to be what I want not what he has pre-determined and that’s final….it has to have the end for what I seek!



Similar books


JOIN THE DISCUSSION

This book has 0 comments.