Your Heart Doesn't Always Know It | Teen Ink

Your Heart Doesn't Always Know It

February 16, 2011
By xxLivixx PLATINUM, Mason, West Virginia
More by this author
xxLivixx PLATINUM, Mason, West Virginia
21 articles 0 photos 9 comments

Author's note: I love it.

Your Heart Doesn’t Always Know It


He held Aria close, “My mom used to tell me that when you truly love somebody, your suppose to let them know. So, I love you.”

“Thanks.” Aria replied.

“Don’t you love me too?” Riley asked. Aria put her head down.

“I...Like you.” She told him. He frowned and grabbed her hand. He stared into her eyes and smiled.

“We spend almost ever second together. We go on dates, we kiss, we go out to dinner, were juniors in high school, and we’ve been dating for about a year. Why can’t you tell me you love me?” He asked. He has asked this question about a million times before and yet, Aria never seems to have an answer.

“I don’t know, it just doesn’t feel right.” She explained. He shook his head.

“So, us? Dating me, isn’t right? Is that what your saying?” he was confused.

“Not at all.” She grabbed his hands and kissed him. “You mean so much to me. I just don’t feel right about telling you that I love you. I don’t know why. I would just feel bad if I told you and it turns out that I don’t.” She knew right away she had said the wrong thing.

“So, you don’t know if you love me?” He asked. She shook her head and sighed.

“Isn’t it enough to be with me. There are tons of guys who would love to date me, but I want to be with you.” she tried to explain this to him so many times before, but he just doesn’t get it.

“I just want to know that I’m not waiting my time on you,” Aria bit her lip.

“I don’t want to fight with you. Not tonight. It’s Sunday and I’m tired, babe.” Aria yawned.

“Okay, I’ll walk you home.” They were at Riley’s house. They had been watching a movies and cuddling on the couch for about six hours.

“Ouch! My legs hurt.” Aria complained. Riley laughed. He ran over to her.

“I can help you there!” he picked her up and carried her out the door.

“Are you going to carry me all the way home, spider monkey?” she giggled.

“You bet. I am not letting you walk home with those clumsy legs.” he kissed her as he followed the sidewalk to Aria’s house. She only lived about a block away from Riley. They were lucky. They could just walk to each other’s houses whenever they were lonely. He ran her up onto the porch and sat her down.

“There you go, princess.” he smiled. His smile was bright and his eyes were bluer then the ocean.

“Come here.” She leaned in toward him and gave him a sloppy goodnight kiss.

“I’ll see you tomorrow.” he told her. Aria went inside, only to be greeted by her mother.

“Hey, Mom, can I talk to you?” Aria asked her.

“Yea, anytime. Come on into the kitchen.” Aria followed her mother into the kitchen and sat down at the kitchen table.

“What do you want to talk about, sweety?” her mother was concerned by the look on Aria’s face.

“It’s Riley, Mom.” Her mother’s face turned pale like she was going to pass out.

“Your not...Pregnant...are you?” Aria gave her mom the grossest look ever.

“Mom, no! Not even close. I just wanted to ask you if it’s strange that I haven’t told him I love him yet?” She asked.

Her mother was relieved, “Goodness, you scared me for a moment there.” she paused to fan herself with her hand. “Has he told you that he loves you?” Aria nodded her head. “Well, maybe you don’t really love him, but your heart just doesn’t know it yet.”

“I think I know what you mean. Thanks Mom.” Aria smiled.

“Now, go to bed. Get some sleep.” Aria went upstairs to her room. She sat down on the bed and reached for her diary, that was safely hid under her pillow. She flipped through the pages and carefully read the things she had wrote. She had wrote a lot of things, but only a few were about Riley. Usually when you love somebody you can’t stop thinking about them. You want to be with them forever, and never let them go, but Aria never thought about Riley, well not anymore. She used to the first week they started dating, but anymore, she didn’t want to be around him. She picked up her cell phone off of her dresser and called Riley.

“Hello?” Riley answered.

“Hey, its me.” She said calmly. He laughed.

“I know, haha, I have caller ID. What do you want?” he asked. ‘Wow what a jerk’ she thought.

“I just wanted to talk to you.” she told him. He sighed and groaned. “Never mind, I guess I’ll leave you alone then?” She asked.

“No, talk.” he told her.

“I know why I can’t tell you that I love you. It’s because, I don’t love you. I used to, but you’ve changed, and not in a good way. Your different. Your mean to people you used to like, you don’t let me hang out with my friends, and you think that I should always be around you.” she paused.

“Yea, so you don’t love me?” He asked.

“Not everything is about love in a relationship. Some things are about happiness, and I’m, so, not happy. So, it’s over. I don’t want to see you anymore.” He groaned.

“You’ll never find anybody like me?” He told her.

She giggled, “Gosh, I hope not, because you have broken my heart enough.” He hung up. Aria had been so focused on Riley’s looks to notice that he was a complete jerk to her. He was nice and cuddly when he wanted to be, but every girl wants a guy that will treat her right. Riley, he wasn’t that guy.



Similar books


JOIN THE DISCUSSION

This book has 1 comment.


on Dec. 13 2011 at 10:18 pm
Why is there no more?! D8 It's so goooooooood! More, please? :)