All That You Rely On... | Teen Ink

All That You Rely On...

By Tayrl BRONZE, Rockhampton, Other
Tayrl BRONZE, Rockhampton, Other

Don't tell me the sky is the limit when there are footprints on the moon

Summary:

When Lotus's father exchanges his youngest daughter to the terrifying Beast to save his own life, an exciting new twist of the regular Beauty and The Beast begins, without losing the original ethereal fairytale feel. Take a look into the tale before the Disney version...

Tayrl S.

All That You Rely On...

Tayrl BRONZE said...
Tayrl BRONZE, Rockhampton, Other

thanks for our comment. 

I chose the title because the original (longer) version that I didn't publish focused on the Beasts' relationship with Lotus, as well as Lotus's relationship with her father, in a lot more depth and it had the underlying message that they both had relyed that their lives were never going to change out of the comfortable pattern they had set themselves into. Which is why her father became so sick when Lotus left, and the Beast's desire for her to stay with him in the castle. 

Sorry if my explaining is really dodgy, but that's all I can condense it down to. Thanks for reading:)

JoPepper PLATINUM, Annandale, Virginia

"Freedom is the ability to not care what the other person thinks."

"Not all those who wander are lost" --JRR Tolkien

"When you are listening to music it is better to cover your eyes than your ears." --Jose' Bergamin

What does the title have to do with the book?

JoPepper PLATINUM, Annandale, Virginia

Pretty good I liked the whole "Beauty and the Beast" plot mixed with "The Princess and the Pea"! keep writing