My perfect Utopia | Teen Ink

My perfect Utopia

December 23, 2013
By Matt318, La Vernia, Texas
More by this author
Matt318, La Vernia, Texas
0 articles 0 photos 0 comments

Favorite Quote:
It does not do well to dwell on dreams and forget to live ~ J.K. Rowling


Author's note: I wrote this because my English teacher told us to write a story about a utopia or a dystopia. This was my homework. .

The author's comments:
Sorry this is so short. I was having a hard time thinking of what to write.

When children come of the age of seven they are taken from their homes and sent to a special school called Ergon; where they will learn about the different job perfections there are. Then at the end of their education the students will decided on what job they want to do for the rest of their lives, until they die. There is the house good jobs of the north west, where they make the house hold goods and clothing for the Ace Sector . The natural resources gatherers of the center of the country, who's job it is to gather all natural resources and refine them into protection; this is how the Ace's get their diamond neckless and silver spoons. The farmers of the south where ninety percent of the food goes to the Ace's, the other ten percent goes to the other sectors. There are finally two last jobs which our the must important ones. The gladiators, are chosen based on their size, if they are well muscled and bulky than they are sent into a seven year training course where they build up their muscles. The winning gladiators (one male and one female) a then sold in an auction as collector items. Finally is the protectors, the miltary, they are the ones who don't get a chose of what they want to do. Protectors are brained washed and their brain is restructured so that their sole purpose in life is to protect the Aces. Before graduation, the young protectors are put in a simulator where it test to see if they will immediately react if an Ace is in danger. If they fail to react then they are taken to the gladitors for training use.


Finally there is the dream sector, where the rich and the govement live, called the Ace Sector. The Aces live in a life of luxury, they spend their time shopping, swimming in their custom made pools, enjoy only the best that life has to offer. This is the Sector of The Free.


It is just around graduation when our story take place.


I sat out besides my pool. Enjoying the warmth of the sun shining down on me. It felt like I was wrapped in a blanket made front the finest material on earth. I had to dry off because the graduation ceremony was a few hours away. (The graduation ceremony was where the other sectors come to the Ace Sector and get to see how great life in Ace is, also it is to show off the power of the government and that they are not a power to trifle with.) My best friends Catherine and Napoleon set out beside me drying off as well.


"I don't want to go the ceremony" Catherine said dully. "It's no fun listening to the people go on and on about how they decided on what job they will attend till they die. Ugh so boring." She took a sip from her pink sparkely drink. "I even talked to daddy about leting us get out of it. You know, since he's the Prime Minster, but he said no because there was a surprise."


We all head inside once we're dry and head to the showers. We meet later down in the kitchen. As a rule of etiquette, you must dress formal for social gatherings. Catherine came down the stairs wearing a blood red satin dress. Rubies hung around her neck and from her ears Napoleon came down wearing a navy blue suit, with a golden tie.


"Oh Ceasre what am I going to do with you?" Catherine said to me. She pulled a brush from her purse and started brushing my wavy brown, hair down. "You need to fix you tie." Once finished with my hair, she readjusted my, silver blue tie, that went perfect with my black suit. "You look very handsome." She winked at me.

Catherine's parents and my parents, both high government officials, had arranged for an arranged wedding between the two of us. And while we cared for each other deeply it was just a friendship kind of relationship. So it was extremely awkward when our families had dinner together, it was also awkward for Napolean because he was the odd man out and his parents were just rich not rich government officials.


A few minitues later a stretch black limo pulls up in the drive way. Catherine's dad had sent the limo, he sends it every year. We all climbed into the limo and were off to the ceremony at the coliseum. We followed three protectors to the government press box. There was only two other people in the room. We didn't know who they were, so we just ignored them and set in our soft velet red chairs. A servant came into the room holding a silver plater with three glasses of light green sparkling liquid. We called the sparkly liquid soda, but that was just a nickname like protectors. All we knew about the drink was that it helped us score higher on test, helped keep the body calm and helped keep the aggressive emotion under control. But that's just bonuses to the drink. It taste really good, keep us healthy and helps to keep the fat off. You can't be happy if your fat.


The servant had a set of blue cuffs around her hands. The cuffs kept the hands together, if the servant was to move her hands she would be shocked and the further her hands were apart the stronger the shock. Servants only use was to hold things that the masters might need. In this case we needed drinks. She would hold our drinks for us, then when we were done she would take them away.


We talked aimlessly about little of nothing, jobs that we wanted, private concerts that we had gotten tickets to. We brought up the intersting gossip about how the protectors had caught a man from one of the other sectors trying to get past the Great Wall of Ace.


The Great Wall of Ace was like the ancient wall of China, on how it kept people out of certen areas. The wall of Ace was a large wall made of trophium. Trophium was a stone the scientist had made, when they combined all the element together. It is nearly impossible to destroy, not even a nuclear bomb can creak it. The only power strong enought to break it was from a rare mineral that had broken off of a sun, from another galaxy. However the mineral was used up completey by the scientist when they made the wall. There is no way for the wall to be destroyed.


"According to father " I said " the man was trying to get help for his wife. Apperantly she was sick and need our medicine. Does he think we're stupid? We all know what he wants. He want our money. He wants our food, our knowledge. They want to be like us. Thank goss we have a strong government how doesn't stand for this."


"I agree" Catherine chimed in " those savages know that we are superior to them, they just can't except the fact that no matter what they try to do they will never be human. They are disgusting, filthy worms who try to undermine our perfect utopia."

"Don't you think that's a bit harsh?" Napoleon asked. He looked at Catherine and I like we were being extremely rude. We didn't say anything offensive about anyone.


"Harsh about what?" Catherine questioned. "Were just talking about the savages. There's nothing wrong about that."


"Never mind I miss understood you." Napoleon said. "Oh look here come the preview of the next years gladiators."


He was right. Two groups of ten protectors came out with ten young males and seven young female gladiators between them. We knew they were gladiators beacuse of the pasty ugly brown rags they wore. We were far away from arena floor because of how high we were (best seats in the house) but we could tell it was the protectors, leading the group, because of their black uniforms. No one wore that much black. Their jackets were bullet proof and light as a feather. On their heads were helments, to protect their head and to receive orders. Each helment had a speaker and a camera in it for government officials to see what was happening and take charge. The government had thought of everything to keep us safe. Even far above them we could see that they were holding plasma guns.


Plasma guns were like the old fashion tasers, they shot electrical cords that attacked to the body, and they were used to control rouge crowds. The plasma gun was another wonderful devises our scientist made. Once it attacked to the skin it began to suck all the plasma from the body. Since the body is made up of fifty five percent plasma, it's strong enough to a lot of damage.


We all began to cheer clapping and whistling. Yes it wasn't proper but we were so excited it had been a while since we had seen so many gladiators at once. Next year was going to a good fight. The junior gladiators were lead away through another set of doors in the arena.


Another group of protectors came out. They were pushing out five large squares, each square had a blanket on it so we couldn't see what it was.


"Oh I bet this is what daddy was talking about" Catherine said excitedly jumping up and down in her seat. "Oh the suspense is making me thirsty." She snapped her fingers and the servant girl came around and kneeled before her, head down. "I want three red sodas." The servant remainder still. "You can go" Catherine snapped her fingers again. Catherine turned to Napolean and I, "you don't mind red do you?"


"I'm good with red. It's been a while since I had that flavor." I say turning my attention back to the arena. There were now three people standing in the middle of the arena with brown sacks on their heads. Wait they were the savages from the other sectors. The protectors who were still messing with the squares pulled off the blankets. We all started clapping at what we saw.


In side each square was a cage with a tiger in it. Quite possible the biggest ones I have ever seen, and I have seen a lot of tigers.

The protectors set down three clubs, removed the sacks from around the savages heads and left the arena with hast. Once they were out of the arena the cage doors opened and the tigers ran out toward the men.


This was how the government dealt with criminals. Depending on how server the crime they could lose a limb or their life if they weren't careful. The way this trial worked was if you could kill the beast before it could kill you then you we're free to go. If the beast killed you first then that's one less criminal in the country. While the fighting goes on the film crew will film and send it to the power plant. Where the film is then forces on every television in the country outside of Ace tvs. The television will remain on for a week straight, with the sound up, replaying the trial. The crime rate has shrunk ever since the government started filming it and forcing the other sectors to watch.


We go through a much different trial if we break the law, which is hardly ever thanks to soda. We are sent to a resort we're we learn how if our way of life is to stay strong and alive than we can't afford to commit crimes and become like the savages. Nine times out of ten this fixes the problem, but there are those people who put their noses in stuff that they shouldn't, forcing the government to take care of it. That's the way the government works and that is the way we liked it. An iron fist to keep the order.


After the trial we headed to Catherine's house. Her dad had texted her telling her that he had another surprise and to bring Napoleon and I.


"That was so exciting" Catherine cheered. "No one got away with their crime. Serves them right too, if they commit a crime than they shouldn't be allowed to walk away."


"It's not that easy. They have to kill any number of beast it's not exactly easy. Now is it?" Napoleon snapped. "They should just have to attend to regular trail, one where they don't have to fight for their lives."


Catherine who was drinking a blue soda spit it out everywhere. Quickly I rolled up the wall between us and the driver, before he heard Napoleon.


"What are you talking about? Their savages what does it matter if a few die here and their. If you commit a crime then you have to pay the price. It's as simple as that. Now what's brought on this whole save the savages attutide? If your not careful you will have to be sent to a resort. Ugh could you imagine going to a resort. I think I would die of embrassement." Catherine said shivering.
I nodded my head in agreement.


We arrive at Catherine's house, a large egg shell color mansion, it is the largest house in the country. As we drove up the drive way we are greeted by her father Mr. Alexander Hockings. Napoleon and I both lower our head, a sign of respect. Catherine runs over to her father and gives him a kiss on the check.


"That was amazing! So was it true that one of those savages tried to set foot in our sector?" Catherine ask.


"Yes, yes it was, glad you all liked it. Sadly yes one of the males had tried to set foot in our sector but thankful the protectors caught him before he could even touch to the wall."


"It's a good thing we have you to protect us from those savages, Mr.Hoockings." I say.


"Alexander dear boy. We're going to be family come on now you can go on calling your father in law by his sir name." He clapsted me on the back and and stirred me inside. "Come along Napoleon have a surprise that is to die for."

Inside the mansion, we followed Mr. Hockings, it felt weird saying Alexander almost like I was disresting the Prime Minster, down to the basement. In the basement we found three glass rooms. Each with a bed made from blankets, pillow and a bathroom, but what really surprised us were three savages each in a room. Two males and a female. "Surprise!" Mr. Hockings yelled. "These three gladiators are from our Triad Fight. These were the winners. There yours to do with as you please. Enter in fights for money, or to collect them or to have disposed of."


"Oh daddy thank you." Catherine said. She ran and gave him a big hug. "This is such an amazing surprise. I can't wait to enter her in the fights. I hope I can make some quick money off of her so I can get more shopping money."


"Spoken like a true business woman, using her resources to make money." Mr. Hockings replied.


"Thank you sir" I said. "Mother and father were just talking about starting me a collection. Now I have my starting piece." I was so excited I couldn't wait to enter him in fights and collect more of them.


"Your quiet welcome, Caesar. How about you Napoleon what do your think of your gift?"


I looked at Napoleon, he was green in the face, his eyes were wide in shock. "I.... I'm to shocked to speak" he finally said after what felt like ten minutes of silents.


"Oh excellent! Excellent!" Mr. Hockings clapped his hands together " well it's been a busy day planning all the events today and buying gladiators. I think will head off to bed. Caesar will you be staying over tonight?"


"No sir I have homework that I need to finish and my mother and father had special plans tonight." I lied


"Awe homework, special plans. I know what's up." Mr.Hockings said " you are still nervous about being engaged to Catherine. It's quiet all right dear boy, nothing to be nervous about." Catherine and I both lowered our heads, my checks burning red from the heat rising to my face. "Well if you change your mind your welcome to stay." He turned and walked back up the stairs.

The author's comments:
This is my favorite. Hope you like it too.

We all said our good byes and headed back up the stairs. Napoleon and I waited in front yard for a taxi.


"So can I spend the night at your house?" I asked Napoleon.


He looked at me with fear. "Umm why my house? I don't think you can spend the night over tonight I have plans with my parents."


After much fighting through his lies and excuses he agreed to let me spend the night at his house. We ate dinner, while at dinner I noticed Napoleon didn't drink any soda, weird. After dinner we played a game of vitural gladiator. It was a lot like 3D except that the image was projected into the air and you could actually touch the gladiators.


We went to bed after I kicked his butt serval times at gladiators. I pretended to fall a sleep in the room next to his, something was not right with Napoleon and I was going to find out what. Around two a.m he creaped out into the hallway like a shadow, I only heard him because I was waiting for him to stir. I quickly blinked my night vision contacts on; quietly I creaped out of the room and followed him. I was so greatful that Catherine had bought these for me at Christmas.

I had just come to the end of the hallway when I heard whispering. I moved closer and tilted my right ear in the direction of the talking. "I'm sorry it took me so long to get away." I heard Napoleon say "An Ace came over and slept over. He's the son of one of the Lords of Temporal. So I had to be extra careful to make sure he didn't suspect anything."


"It's ok as long as your hear now" another voice said. It was a girl's voice. Napoleon wasn't dating anyone, and if he was why would he care if I found out? I was about to turn around when it hit me like a pile of bricks. He didn't want me to know because he was... no he couldn't. He wouldn't. I had to see for myself. I peered around the corner greatful it was dark, my mouth droped to floor when I saw them.


Napoleon was holding a servant against his chest, her arms were around him! My head spun,
what was he doing didn't he know he could be killed if anyone found out he had feelings for a servant. If you have feelings, then feelings lead to emotions, than emotions lead to love, and then love leads, to half breeds. Half breeds mean no more utopia.


I storm into the room, grab Napoloeon and slam him into a wall near behind him. The servant girl squealed and fell to the ground. "How dare you!" I said to him, venom dripped from my words. I looked to the servant. "Get up and go back to your room!" I hissed at her.


She quickly got up and ran out of the room. "What are you doing?" Napoleon demanded. "You have no right to interfere."


No right! I had every right anyone could interfere if an Ace was caught with a servant and I was the son of two high goverment officials, I had more than enough right. "You were with a servant please tell me that she is black mailing you?"


"No I care for her. I have for sometime now."


I looked at him with total disgust. It would be one thing if he liked Catherine; it wasn't alright because technically she was my fiancé, but at least she was an Ace and an Ace of power at that. "What could a servant ever do for you? Can you show your love for her in public? Can you invite people over and show off your girlfriend ? No you can't it's against the law. Now just stop being so stupid and fall for an Ace."


"I'm not stupid, your stupid for thinking she is beneath us. She can give me love can you say the same thing for Catherine?"


I hit him when he said that. I lost it I couldn't stop even with all the soda coursing through my veins I felt the evil emotions taking hold and it felt good. I hit him again. He tried to stop me but he wasn't strong enough. "Don't you ever say that again!" I growled. "Once we get use to being engaged we can love each other. " I shoved him away from me.


I went back to my room and went back to sleep. If I left in the middle of the night it would draw attention. And none of the good kind. Morning came fast, Napoloen had a large bruise on his jaw which explained why my hand was hurting. He put some neosporin 4000 on and it disappeared almost immediately. I said my goodbyes and thanks than head off towards home. Or so I told them that.


I called Catherine and told her we needed to meet. We meet up later at the park. I rented us a carriage and we rode around while I told her everything. "Caesar you have got to take care of your self you need to drink more soda it's not healthy to have those emotions." She had the driver pull over and bought her and I a soda. Mine was blue and sparkly, hers was a bright sunny yellow and sparkly. Once we had finished our drinks she changed the topic from my anger to Napoleon. "Are you sure that he was hold a female servant he wasn't like gripping her for disobeying?"


"Im positive her arms were around him and he said he cared for her." We left the carragie and went to a little café were we had lunch. To anyone who walked by we looked like we were on a date and that was what I was hopping for. Not two teens trying to tamper with the law and the life of a person.


"We have to do something." Catherine said as she took a sip from her soda, she now had a lime green color and sparkly one. "If we don't help him than he will be killed. It's the law. Were not allowed to have any affections for the others."


"I know. I just don't know what we can do. It's not like we can brain wash him. People would notice and ask questions then he would really be killed." I said as I took a shrimp from the plate that me and Catherine were sharing.


"Then we will just have to show him how wonderful our way really is and how there is so much that we have to offer, that a servant can't give him." Catherine said with a grin.


We made a plan on how to convince him to break things off with the servant, as we ate. We first took him out to a ball that Catherine and I been invited to; having parents in the government meant going to lots of balls. Catherine and I hooked him up with serval girls to dance with, he laughed as he danced with one girl till she mentioned servants. Than he went cold like a statue.


Deciding parties weren't the answer we took him out on a cruise around the bay for dinner. We made sure that we made reservation on date night; this way we were surrounded by dozens of Ace couples. This only made him depressed and killed the atmosphere.


We tried everything that was in the books, but no matter what we tried nothing could keep him from drifting back to the servant. Finally Catherine hatched a plan she wouldn't let me in on other than to meet her at the café, Saturday, where we had lunch at, she told me to bring Napoleon with me. We waited for her at the cafè, thirty minitues later she shows up in a sport car that her dad had boughten her when she turned fifteen; which was last month. We got in, not asking where we were going. She drove us to the coliseum, she flashed a pass to a protector who stood guard at the main enternce. We followed her in, as she lead us to the back corridors where the protectors moved the gladiators.


"Catherine are we allowed down here?" I asked. I was pretty sure the answer was no but hey she was the daughter of the Prime Minster so she could do practically anything.


"Normally no but I asked a favor from daddy he thinks I'm working on extra credit for school." She lead us down to a set of iron doors. She pulled out a small plastic card, from her purse and ran it down betweent the two doors. My jaw fell open when I saw what was hidden behind the doors.


Inside were a collection of midevil toucher devises. There was this chair with restrains around the arm and leg rest. Metal spikes covered the entire thing. A large pyramid looking thing set off in a corner weight with chains were on the ground beside it. Tons of different thing were all over the place. It made me shuddered.


"Do you know what this is?" Catherine asked.



Napoleon and I shock our heads. I didn't like how dark and cold the room was and the metal devisese weren't helping.


"This is where they take people who break the law. This is their last chance to save them selves. The protectors will toucher you, until you confess, Napoleon. They will make you cry tear of blood, you will never know rest and when they are done you will beg for death. Is a servant really worth this?" She pointed at some of the stuff.


I was wearing a long selved sweater and jeans, but being down here and hearing Catherine say that made me shiver down to the core. I just wanted to be out in the sun and forget about all of this, and I hadn't even broken the law.


"I don't care. I would stay down here for the rest of my life if it meant that Penelope loved me. What you two are about is wrong. It's against nature." Napoleon said back without a trase of fear.


"Who's Penelope?" Catherine questioned. I was wondering that too my self. Who was this girl, that he wanted to love him? Was there a chance that he was in love with this girl, not that servant.



"Penelope is the name of the servant girl who I love"


Catherine and I gasped. He put that servant in the same category as us. He called her a girl and calmed she had a name. Catherine back handed him across the check. "Your lying. Servants don't have names! We have names! You have to be human to have a name and they are not human!"


"She is human. Why do you think they look just like us?" Napoleon said. His hand on his check.


Catherine backhanded him again " they do not look like us. Is their hair clean, washed in the finest soaps making it smelling like roses, or is it filthy with oil and dirt, in clumps and knots like a rats nest?Are their lips soft and red, made for kissing and words of love, or are they pale and chapted, creaked, and untaken care of, where words of lies and hate form? Are their backs strong and straight as they walk with pride, do they draw attention to them selvies by their looks of beauty, or do they hunch over and crawl in the dirt when they walk, do they draw attention because of how filthy they are? Tell me how much do we look alike. If we are so alike than why do we shine down beauty, when they only muster ugliness? We are nothing a like. We are superior to them and if you want to believe other wise than you can go live like them. Work your bones to dust building our great country, watch your children wither away as you can't feed them, sit in mud with the swine, like one of them." She grabbed my hand and pulled me out of the colosuim leaving Naopoleon by himself.

Outside Catherine drank five things of soda. "I can't believe how angry I got. This servant is causing a lot of problems. She is going to kill Napoleon, worse she has you and I getting angry." She took a sip from her sixth soda. "I don't think I scared him enough to leave that servant. In honesty I think he might try to leave with that servant. Not that he will be able to the protectors will stop them before they can leave the sector. They will kill them for sure if they try to leave. They can't leave, they know to much about how the government works."


"I know. What are we to do just sit back and wait for the government to find out about it and end this before it becomes something else?" The words had just left my mouth when a group of protectors approached us. Uh oh this was not good.


"Catherine Hockings and Ceasar Underwood?" The lead protector asked. We nodded our heads. "We need you to come with us."


"Is something wrong? Did something happen to our parents?" Catherine asked histaricaly. She grabbed my hand and held it in hers. She was terrified. Not that I blamed her if something happened to her father she would become the next Prime Minster. Prime Minsters were chosen by blood or unless someone opposed the new Prime Minster,then the citizens would decided but most of the time blood made the decision.


We were taken to a large glass building, we were each put in a different room. "Where's Catherine" I demanded?


A protector stood across the room for me. "She is just fine; she is in another room. Once you two answer our questions than you are free to go." He placed a white glass of the table. "Here have some soda."


It didn't look like any soda I had ever had. Soda was colorful this wasn't, but his job was to protect me so I trusted me. I took a sip of the soda. It was bitter and hard to swallow. This was defently not soda. "What is that?"


"Truth serum." He replied. "Now why were you in the back room of the Coliseum?"


"Catherine and I were trying to scare a friend of ours." The words flew from my mouth before I could even think about what to say. Whoa scary. "Does my father or Catherine's know that we us being interrogated?"


He smiled at me. "No we are just asking you question. Your free to go if you like. Were just trying to find out what's going on with Napoleon Straight. Apparently him and a female servant have feelings for each other. Is this true?"


How did they know already. It was been only a week and Catherine and I had kept it a secret. Before I could lie the words were out in the open. "Yes. We were just trying to keep him safe. The servant did something to him. He won't see to reason."


The protector nodded his head. "You two were just trying to be good friends that is a good quality to have. I think its best that you and Catherine leave things alone and pretend that nothing is wrong. Keep your heads down and enjoy your lives." He picked up the glass "your free to go." He walked over and opend the door for me. Catherine was just coming out of the room beside mine.


She had tears in her eyes "I thought it was soda-" she ran to me and I put an arm around her.


"Shhh I thought it was too. We didn't do anything wrong. I think the protectors are just going to watch Napoleon from now on. We just need to act like nothing is happening and that we don't know a thing."


"Ok but I'm telling my father. This is ridiculous. I thought my heart was going to beat out of my chest." Catherine said.


We went Catherine's house and went swimming. Neither of us drank soda the rest of the day. The thought that it was truth serum was to scary. When Mr. Hockings came home, Catherine told him about the protectors interrogating us. From the yelling and the color of Mr. Hockings face I had a feeling what was going to happen, to the protectors.


"I don't care if their job is to protect the sector if they are going to interrogate my daughter and son in law, they need my permission. I want the protectors, everyone who was in on the integration in the colosuim and a camera crew filming it." Mr. Hockings yelled into his phone.


The next day the tvs were showing a group of protectors fighting an elephant and a pride of lions. Mr. Hockings was furious for what had happened. Then my parents were out raged because I didn't tell them, but they were happy I was just interrogated.


Catherine and I had tried to talk to Napoleon but he just stayed in his house. We were out shopping for a new clothing for another ball when alarms started blaring. Everyone looked around. Protectors by the thousands stormed the streets in black uniforms. We all moved out of the way. Waves and waves of protectors appeared and marched out toward the Great Wall of Ace.


Where had all these protectors come from I wondered? They just kept coming. It was like a colony of ants. Preparing to attack. Fighter planes flew over head by the hundreds. A loud horn blared . We looked out at the sea, off in distance. All we could see was gray specks everywhere, the navy was moving in. We all stood still not knowing what to do. Were we being attacked by one of the other five countries. It was unlikely. We were the strongest, but people are crazy.


All the tvs in the sector turned on. The film crew was on top of the Great Wall of Ace filming what was happing. The camera tiled down to the ground, zooming in we saw that it was millions and millions of savages. They all had pitchforks, gardening tools in hand and food. It was funny to laugh at. Did they really think they could take us on with tools and food. Then it hit me it wasn't a fisical attack, beacuse they knew we could blast them back to the stone ages, this was a strike. They weren't going to grow our food for us.


We all looked around alarmed. What were we going to do. If they decided to stop making all of our resources and food we would be in trouble. We were staring to panic when a light blue sheild began to rise up from the tops of the wall. Twenty seconds later a dome was over the entire sector. We watched the tv and it showed the flighter planes drops large barrels. The barrels exploded hitting all the savages. They were covered in a green slime. The tv changed to the navy who shot the same barrels at the land. Green slime was everywhere outside the walls. We could see the slim running down the shield. It finally clicked the government was protecting us as they fought the savages. We cheered, we had nothing to worry about now.


Once the barrels stopped raining from the sky the Prime Minster spoke, his voice ringing through out the entire sector, we all knew that the entire country could hear him right how. "This was fruital while you savages thought you could form a strike, we prepared for the worse. Everyone with slime on them has been an effected with a super plague that we created. If you refuse to get back to work then we are forced to activate the plage. It will attack your nervous system, sending radio transmitions. The symptoms include excusating pain, compulsive vomiting, and worse of all no death. We have trapped you with a plage that will make you fell like your dying but death would be to kind."



We cheered. We were safe our government was still strong. The tv showed the faces of the people. It didn't look like they believed us. Boy they were in for it.

The Prime Minster came back on "for those of you who want the plague removed you will continue with you jobs. We will give you sometime to think but be warned this is not a premitnt offer." The Prime Minster went quiet, but what followed was worse.


We heared crys of pain and agony. The tv zoomed in again on the savages. We saw them crying blood, they tour at their skins in agony. Serves them right they had brought them on them selvies. The alarms silenced and the flighter planes flew back across the sky. The navy ships disappeared and the thousands of protectors returned to their task.



Catherine and I continued to shop. There was nothing to worry about the government was going to protect us. They had won this game before it had even started, all they had to do was wait for the opponent to surrender.


It had been a week since the whole strike things. Surprisingly the government had been storing food away in case something like this should happen. Napoleon was hanging with us again. He forgave us saying he knew we were just trying to help him. He didn't say if he and the servant were finished though, but we didn't mention it.


All three of us were headed to the ball that we had been shopping for when the strike happened. Catherine and I deiced it was best to have Napoleon go with us to take his mind off of stuff. Catherine and I had just finished a slow dance when the tvs turned on. "Breaking news the savages have surrendered. They are willing to return to work. The Prime Minster has announced that all savages over the age of eighty are to be taken to the coliseum as punishment for the strike against the Ace sector." The tv went black. Everyone cheered as the music started up again. That was except Napoleon, he looked ill.


The weeks past and our summer holiday was coming to an end. I knocked on Napoleon's door. His mother answered the door. "Hi Mrs. Straight is Napoleon home?" I asked. I could see Mr. Sraight in the back ground.


She informed me that Napoleon was taken by the protectors and so was the servant. "Oh well he wasn't a child of ours anyways. Any child ours would never have had feelings for the savages. I hope the protectors will keep this quite. I trust you will too. " I nodded, once the door was closed I ran as fast as I could to Catherine's house.


I told her everything and she cried. "I wish we could have saved him. We tried so hard, but he still chose that servant over us." She cried.


Ten years later


Catherine had just taken office as Prime Minster. I kissed the side of her head. "I'm so proud of you." I said. We had married at age seventeen, two years after we founded out about Napoleon.


The savages were still under our full control, or well Catherien's control. Things were looking good for us, we had two wonderful daughters who looked like their mother, Catenrine was in power and the savages were never going to rise against us. It was made sure that the filming of the strike was replayed once a month in the other sectors.


Catherine and I drove to the graveyard and walked around till we found him. We looked down at the tombstone it read "Here lies Napoleon Staright. 3,756 - 3,771."


It wasn't his real body. They protectors had moved it somewhere. Catenrine had tired to find the body but something's are just not meant to be, so we made a empty grave for him. At least in memory he was here. I guess it just wasn't meant to be, not everyone can have a perfect utopia like Catherine and I.



Similar books


JOIN THE DISCUSSION

This book has 1 comment.


Funne GOLD said...
on Feb. 5 2014 at 11:14 am
Funne GOLD, Cleveland, Ohio
19 articles 0 photos 48 comments

Favorite Quote:
"I never ask a man what his business is, for it never interests me. What I ask him about are his thoughts and dreams."

-H.P Lovecraft

Interesting story. A little too many typos though.