The Story Of Ends | Teen Ink

The Story Of Ends

By Walrusboy, Corbett, Oregon
Walrusboy, Corbett, Oregon

The grandfather looks to the open fire as he sighs. His grandchild is sitting on the ground playing with his plastic army men. He looks up to his grandfather and says, “Grandpa, why are you sighing?” 
The grandfather looks at the grandchild and says, “Because today is the anniversary of one of the bloodiest battles of one of the deadly wars, and the battle where I was gravely wounded.”  The man that was the cause of that war is called Walrusboy; I know it does not sound terrifying but at that time he was a monster.

Walrusboy spawned from a time of the age before religion or even ten species existed. Walrusboy’s species was one of the original five. The species is so old that the name for it was lost in time. Only two species could fight them and have a chance of winning. The first was a species of large immense reptiles. The other one was the half brothers of the species called brat gaza: the gas brother. Walrusboy’s species was so advanced they learned how to create matter and mold matter as well. Their culture was militaristic. In the sense that everyone past a certain age served in a battle. The religion they worshipped was based entirely balanced and no species has the right to upset that balance. Walrusboy committed a crime so hated in their species that banishment was the only option.

After that, Walrusboy wandered lands, slaughtering those who noticed him. For his species, they looked into the future and saw only destruction and took to the skies to escape total annihilation. Walrusboy remembered seeing a spacecraft carrying his species ascending into the sky; then looking forward and seeing a storm of immense proportions barreling towards him. As he felt the storm envelop him, he just quit and let the storm kill him. After the storm has passed Walrusboy was sealed in a glacier.

Centuries pass to the year 1941 when the Germans pushed into Russia. Later after the start of the invasion a German battalion was met with heavy fighting to the far north with a Russian t-34 tank division on a glacier. After several hours of fighting the glacier started to form cracks; and loud bangs from ice falling in the cracks that even drowned out the sound of the tanks. Then the entire glacier started to fall apart. Just before the glacier fell apart several of the Germans got off the glacier. When the glacier finally collapsed the soldiers noticed a bright flash of light and then saw  a man lying at the bottom of the glacier with light reflecting off his armor. When they finally reached the bottom they reeled in fright at the sight of the body. They saw that this was no man; it was a creature that was humanoid but had the head of a Walrus. The tusk had inscriptions all over it. The Germans, excited by this discovery, hauled out the body and took it to a German research team that specializes in the unknown.

While the body was there it was put under the care of a secret German research team. After three years of studying the body they had cracked a code on a scroll that the body had on it. It read “tshira alavindosa calisa doslaactinc gazzol” witch the Germans decoded to “ those who wake with the 403 element shall have the coded to the knowledge of the being. The German scrambled to find this element because of the Germans losing the war. Several months later they had found a small amount of the element needed locked in ice in the upper north. It was emitting so much energy that the soldiers that touched it without the proper equipment, started to have their skin peel off. When they even brushed it, they would simply liquefy. After finding a way to harvest the energy they hooked up the body and flipped the switch. The body thus jump started. After that the creature jumped to his feet and snapped the first scientist’s neck. Before the creature killed anyone else they sedated it with enough traque douses to put down 4 and a half elephants. After waking, the creature points to the clothes one of the few soldiers had on and points to himself. One of the scientist looks to his colleague and says I think he is asking for his equipment. Then the creature points to the metal cylinder on the table behind one of the scientist. The scientist says that was one of the items on his body. The scientist looks towards the chief scientist for his permission to hand over the creature. The chief scientist gave the go ahead with a nod of his head. The scientist hands the creature the cylinder; the creature then traces a shape into the cylinder then sets it down, backs up and shields its eyes. The light that consumed the room was so bright that everyone had to shield their eyes.

When they opened them they saw a man in a hazmat suit with a gas mask standing there with a trunk in his hands. The soldiers raise their guns and opened fire but the man dodges them with inhuman speed. The man then looks at the soldiers;  the soldiers then start to choke and collapse, dead. The man then hands the trunk to the creature then hugs him, and the creature hugs back. The creature then draws out a katana from the trunk which he sets down with great caution. He then holds up this cylinder shaped metal container with a hole down the middle, The creature then opens the cylinder on hinges and clips it on its arm and flicks a switch on it causing it to flicker on. The creature taps on it a few times then makes an opening and closing motion with his hand. One of the scientists, after seeing this display says, “I think it wants us to talk”.

The creature then turns to them and speaks perfect German saying, “Yes that is what I wanted you to do”. Then all of the Germans start to back up almost in sync. When they finished backing up a little, one of scientist asked inquisitively, “What are you, who are you?” The creature then looks at them and says, “I have long but forgot my name, and what I am in my species language.” One of the scientist looks at the creature and ask politely, “Do you mind if I call you Walrusboy? It's just that you look like a blend of a species that we call the Walrus and human that's us, dna.” The creature nods its head and says, “I like it, it has something to it.” After talking to all of the Germans present and answering some questions, Walrusboy looks at the head scientist and asked “Now let's get down to business, because I am guessing you did not revive me from the dead out of your heart.” The head scientist then says, “In that engraving that was carved on your tusk it said that you had knowledge that you can give us. We were wondering if you could create us some soldiers that are beyond normal human abilities so, faster, stronger, tougher.”

Walrusboy then says, “I could create you one soldier with what equipment I have at the moment. I know that will not be enough to pay you the debt and trouble of rezing me from the other side. So I am willing to serve in your military to help cover the debt.” The scientist raised his eyebrows and said, “I will have to talk my higher ups first, but I think you have a deal”.

After the OK from the Germans higher ups, Walrusboy started to create this super soldier. After weeks of binding cells and many chemical fires, the soldier is ready to be revealed to some of the highest ranking German generals and scientists. As the final people sat down, Walrusboy walked onto the stage; almost everyone in the audience gasped at how Walrusboy looked. Before anyone could say anything Walrusboy says, “Yes I am not human so before you freak out I am here to help you win this war, now before I reveal this super soldier I want to say because of lacking materials he lacks very important aspect to humans, a soul.” Walrusboy then pulls aside the curtain and there stands a man standing 5’6 in a German uniform with the helmet tucked under his arm. He has  ginger hair. Walrusboy then turns to the audience and starts to say, “This soldier has almost double the agility and endurance of a human trained to his peak, he also has a slower nerve response time and more resistant nerves which means that he feels less pain.” Walrusboy then pulls out a needle and inserted the tip of the needle into the soldier’s temporal lobe. Many of the people in the room jumped at what they saw. Walrusboy turns to them and says, “Will you calm down?  It was a microchip that carries how you fight so he requires no training.”

After months of fighting in some of the most grueling battles, Walrusboy did something that the German officers did not see coming. He left the German’s ranks and enlisted in different armies and after he was done with those armies he would enlist in another. When he was doing this he served in some of the most important battles, like The Siege Of Stalingrad, The Battle for the Reichstag, The assault on Peleliu, and Iwo Jima. The super solider soon forgot his allegiance and destroyed the lab in which he was created and slaughtered his way through the German army to America and enlisted in the American army.

After this the Germans started to lose ground in the war. Walrusboy after the war enlisted in multiple wars like Vietnam and Korea.