The life saving Angel | Teen Ink

The life saving Angel

By Mya5617, Richmond, Virginia
Mya5617, Richmond, Virginia

This peice was for an essay in my high school english class that I decided to share.

“Come on Kai time for a walk,” I whisper as I grab the leash and put my shoes on.” Not a sound,” I signal to Kai and being the disobedient dog he is, Kai instead barks and claws at the door some more. I roll my eyes and unlock the front door slowly creeping out of the house making sure we don't awake my mom. Kai and I walk down the stone walkway in our front yard and onto the street. The scenery was something out of a scary movie. Everything around me was completely black. I hear owls calling and trees rustling making my body tense up. Even the slightest noise sends shivers down my spine. As my eyes adjust to the darkness, I start looking down the street trying to figure out which way to go. I spot a little pathway going into the woods. I was slightly creeped out but it was the only thing I could see, so Kai and I head off.

The unexpected route starts to turn into a somewhat peaceful stroll. Randomly Kai takes off running. I run at full speed trying to catch up and grab the end of the leash, but I notice were heading right into the middle of a street. I could see the headlights of a car coming my way and I freeze in fear and shock, I wanted to move but I just couldn’t. I clench my hands trying to wake myself up from this dream that is actually a reality, but all luck changes and BAAM!

It happened so fast. I could hear the car drive off at full speed, the driver not even turning back to check if I was okay. But it was too late. My entire body is in unbearable pain. I can’t feel my arms nor my legs. I’m lying on the ground straining my voice to cry for help, but no one was in sight, not a single soul. My body starts shutting down and my eyes seal shut. Everything is still and there’s not a single sound. It’s just blank. “This is the end,” I say to myself. I start to accept it and let the pain eat away at me until there’s nothing left. A big brilliant light hits my eye lids.

My eyes slowly start to open as I feel the warmth of someone’s hand slightly press against my cheek. I hear a soft whisper in my ear,” you’re quite the troubled one aren’t ya? Don’t worry Malayah you’ll be good to go in a few more minutes.” Immediately I sit up and my eyes are drawn to the pale figure in front of me “What the hell?! What do you mean good to go? And who are you?!” One by one questions started flooding into my mind and confusion builds up to the max. I was beginning to lose touch of my surroundings.

“I can’t feel anything, I think I’m dead,” I panic.

“You’re not dead, but without help you will be. I can help you only if you allow me too, you must trust me.”

“How can I trust you without knowing who you are?”

“I’ll show you.” Suddenly she covered my eyes with their hands. Not even a minute later the darkness turned to light…red lights. I can hear the sound of sirens as I open my eyes to see what’s going on. “Take her in the truck!” I hear someone yell I look in the direction of the voice. “Ambulance?” I mumbled under my breath. Next thing I know my body is being carried, my mind can’t keep up with the procedure. I see mouths moving but can’t hear them clearly, everything becomes mumbles. As I’m getting placed in the truck a throbbing pain in my leg became the only thing I can think about. Right before they close the doors I take a good look at the scenery. It was still night time and it seemed as if no time had passed at all in reality.

Was that experience with the pale figure really just a dream? My eyes became more and more drowsy as the as the ambulance drove me to the hospital. A few minutes pass and I’m at the hospital they rush me through the emergency doors and into a vacant surgery room the throbbing in my leg was becoming unbearable. They laid me on the surgery bed, but then I pass out. Not long after a bright white light shines and I awake in the same place as before. “Yikes…what a bad injury.”

“You again!”

“Hey, miss me?”

“Not in a million years. You haven’t even told me your name.”

“My name doesn’t matter. Just do me a favor and close your eyes”

“What for?”

“Just do it! Then I’ll tell you my name and why I’m here.” I close my eyes eager to know who this life saving angel is and why she keep appearing before me. Strangely the pain in my leg stops throbbing and I no longer feel drowsy.

“See you soon, and the next time I do please say thank you!” Before I could say anything my eyes open and I awake in a recovery bed. “Oh honey you’re awake!”

I could hear my mom call from the side of the bed. “Mom?”

“Oh my gosh are you ok, what happened?”

“…long story”

“The doctor told me they found you in the middle of the road and apparently broke some bones. When I woke up I saw that you had taken the dog out, but you never came back. I’m so glad you’re ok. Luckily the police were able to find Kai randomly strolling about in the woods.”

“I’m just glad I had an angel that watched over me to help save my life.”

“Angel, what angel. The doctors must have given you some strong pain medicine”

“Sure, if you say so.”

“Ok honey, get some rest, you’ve had a long night.”

Dozing off I fall asleep, dreaming of the idea that in reality she was truly an angel who just helped save my life.