Jack Stalkbean Rising To Power | Teen Ink

Jack Stalkbean Rising To Power

I like writting creative stories.

y

It had been 14 long years of intense planning and anticipating the (hopefully) last days of Jack Stalkbean.  The man of mystery also known as the mystic man, sat in his underground layer consuming all his visions of what was to come in the future days. This master plan had started as soon as the word spread revealing a new born child had been born from the proud parents of Master and Misses Stalkbean. As the pressure of the days to come consumed The Mystic Man, the light of entry to the hallway entrance of the layer flashed. This did not concern Mystic as he had anticipated the next man walk through the open doors. “Welcome Tyler”, Mystic said without exciting his painful trance. Tyler walked over uncomfortably, still having no idea why he was called of so much importance. Mystic snapped all of a sudden in a cold sweet. He breathed hard then calmed and stood to greet Tyler. “14 long years only paying attention to the smallest details of what is to affect the days to come. Every stage coming so close to failure, it seems inevitable what the final outcome should be.” Mystic sied after pushing these words out. “What's going on?” Tyler stammered with a concerned look on his face. “14 years ago a child by the name of Jack Stalbean was brought to this world from a father of great destructive gifts given to him by his home planet of Fe Fo. The father died months before the birth and had caused no harm to our planet yet, however, there is no doubt that this child does not hold equal or increased power from his father. The use of this power is destain to cause disaster. So, since the beginning of life for this new person destain for viliney, his downfall has become my top priority in life. He must be stopped before he gains his destructive powers as a teenager. The plan has been to slowly strip away Jack and his mother’s inheritance from Jack’s father, thereby dooming him into the destiny of downfall just before he will obtain and discover his destructive powers”. “Where do I come in?” Tyler said as he selfcochusly stated to glow red as if he was about to fight. “Your function is to be a safety net. In the case of failure, we will have no other choice but to fight.” Mystic sputtered looking now more stressed than ever. “Tomorrow is the day I start waiting for Jack to come to town to sell another item out of desperation for not having his father's Wealth. It could be any day now that the final acts of this 14 year plan will unfold and our fate will be sealed.”

***

“Jack Stack Bean.” Jack’s mother cried out to the farm fields that lay before their poor cottage. “I’ll be right in mum.” Jack said as he raced through the grassy fields. As Jack entered the cottage, or what was left of that old shack anyway, he was once again reminded of the dooming circumstances him and his poor mother where in with no riches and only holding onto life with the small money they could obtain buy giving up what little they had. Misses, stalkbean was well aware of where all the riches from her husband had gone. She also was no stranger to the downfall of her husband or the man he was. Jack knew nothing of his father except that he was a great man in his mothers eyes and that he had accomplished a lot in his life. There was good reason Misses Stalk Bean to keep jack obvious however, she feared The mystic Man greatly and wanted to do nothing to anger him, at least not without any defence on her side. As jack came into the kitchen he received an order from his mom to go sell the next item in order to feed the two of them. Jack was to go and sell their last animale, an old cow that had served them with milk well for many years but now had her milk bearing days as only a part of her past. Jack threw a thick rope around the sturdy neck of the cow and with minimale persuasion got the old cow moving down the old town rode. After a hot afternoon of pushing an the old cow down the long winding road, Jack was relieved to see the selling shop in the horizon. As he slowly pushed on  slowley a strange man came close to his path. Jack pushed forward but as he started to pass the man he heard the words, “Care to trade that old cow now?” As Jack looked at the man he saw a strange mix of fear and great strength in the man's eyes. The man spage again saying, “I’ll give you Mazack’s beans. Just give me the old cow and his beans are all yours.” These words struck Jack hard. His mother always told old folk tales about a gardener named mazack who created a plant that reached high in the sky. At the top of this plant the man found great riches and lived the rest of his life in comfort. Jack knew he couldn't trust this man but his mother and him where in to dire of a situation to pass up the chance. After hard thought Jack figured any chance was better than the little money he would get from their last animale. Jack quickly made the trade and ran home fast. He didn’t want anything more to do with that strange man. As Jack arrived back at the cottage he hesitated but ended up sharing the news of the beans he had obtained with his mother. As he continued on explaining about the beans and where he had gotten them his mother’s face dropped and became very serious and worried. Misses Stalkbean knew exactly who the beans where from and why jack was givin them. She was suddenly worried about her son's life and sick to know that the mystic man was already after him. Misses Stalkbean flew to the window and threw the beans out with all her might. She then turned and instructed jack to go to the attack and stay there until he was further instructed. Jack was alarmed by this sudden reaction of his mother. He had suspected that she might think his trade was foolish, but what him mom was showing was not anger, she was down right scared. Jack feared because his mother was a strong women of no worrie so it must be serious for her to be showing this expression. After much worry filled Jack’s mind, he finally fell asleep from the exhaustion of the day’s trip to the market.  Jack arows restless the next morning after a night full of stressful dreams. Jack could never make out what was in his dream but he felt a constant battle the whole night. The rickety window in the attack started to creek until a small crack of the outdoors hadd caught Jack's eye. As he made his way to his window a gsp of dibelife left jack as he saw a stalk of green ten feet in diameter. Jacks mind started to race he thought of the beans and the reason he had boughten them. “Could it really be?” Jack asked himself. As Jack’s banishment to the attack also came to mind, he once again reminded himself of the dire situation he and his mother where in. A gust of courage came to Jack and he proceeded to climb out of the window and down the stone wall. It felt to jack like he was flying to the beanstalk. He then used his energy and strength to climb the hundreds of feet of green stalk that laid ahead of him.

***

Mystici sat very pleased and relieved with how his first mission of the final stage had gone so well. “Did the first act of the final stage go well Mystic?” Tyler asked as he cautiously walked into the room. “The outcome is of most pleasing unto my Tyler.” said Mystic now back in his state of hard thinking of what was to come. “Please Mystic, enlighten me more on what is to be of the final stages of the master plan.” “Back in only the beginnings of this great plan, the first item to be taken from infint Jack Stalkbean and his mother were three beans from the planet of my home and jack's father. These beans were created by a famous man back on Fe Fo by the name of Mazack. These beans would quickly grow a plant of great measure. At the top of this plant is large cotton like substance that can stretch for hundreds of feet. Jack now has accepted these beans and the plant is now grown in the yard of Jack. The learnings of The Legend of Mazack’s Beans where insured upon the learning of this young child as a crucial part of the plan. Jack will now be most interested in climbing this stalk. At the top he will then find a sum of his father's gold to bait him but also a fearsome warrior of great magnitude and power brought from Fe Fo. Jack Stack Bean will then be doomed to the rath of our warrior and one and for all removed from humanity. Success of this is vital to all living on Earth.” Tyler took a deep breath now fully understanding the dire situation of his planet.

***

Jack fell onto the soft cloud like surface of the top of the great plant exhausted from the climb he had just endured. As Jack arouse he was greeted by a pile of gold great in size. As the warrior from Fe Fo began to start his attack, he suddenly fell back and was unconscious. Jack instantly felt a wave of something filling his body but he shook it of thinking it was a weird shiver. Jack collect the means of what he could carrie intent on a return and headed back down the stalk. He quickly and quietly dumped the gold and ran back to the plant not wanting to catch the attention of his mother. As Jack once again began to climb the massive stalk he reached the top in incredible time and felt no signs of tiering. The warrior quickly gained consciousness and had no time to interpret what had just taken place as he heard the sounds of Jack returning. The warriors quickly got up to make his attack but did not make it far before once again falling with no consciousness. Jack repeated his his dumping of gold and began to climb for a third time. The great warrior weakly woke and and headed to the stalk of the great plant. This time he would waste not time with distraction and pounce on Jack at his first opportunity. As Jack made it up the stalk even quicker than before he was quick to spot the giant warrior waiting at the top of the stalk. Almost falling from shock, Jack quickly made his departure as quick as he could down the towering plant. As the warrior again began to lose consciousness he began to slide down the great stalk. Jack hit the ground and zoomed for aks in the old shed and returned to the stalk. Jack knew he had no chance at destring the ten foot wide stalk, but the pressure of the situation led him to swing his aks back and with all his might he began to swing it forward at the plant when suddenly the aks felt light and his swing speed up. Jack had absorbed the power of the great warrior without realizing it and was now swinging an ax faster than ever done before.The massive beanstalk was smashed clean through with a deafening boom and a wave of energy sent out in every direction. All was followed by a crack of a body of great magnitude hitting the solid earth below. Mystic fell to his knees having the knowledge of what had just occur and what was to become of the future day here on earth.

*1 Year To The Day On Earth*

Tyler sat staring at the display case holding his suit of Anti Energy now half destroyed and well burnt in parts. The display case was sided by two magnificant memorial statues of The Great Mystic and The Great Warrior. Not a day went by when Tyler was not deeply grateful in his heart for the wonderful earth he was still allowed to enjoy everyday.

The End