My Dreams | Teen Ink

My Dreams

June 3, 2019
By DrMight, Charleston, South Carolina
More by this author
DrMight, Charleston, South Carolina
0 articles 0 photos 0 comments

Author's note:

it's a good piece!

I stare at this Greenhaven through the clear glass that separates me from the soft godly glow that beams through the trees. I must go there, I must be among the living. I feel the breeze, I smell the grass, and I hear the life; I must go out there. I walk down the stairs and head straight for the door. I take a deep breath of the cold air that fills every crevice of this dead house. I open the door and I am lifted up. My bare feet burrow through the cool Summer dirt. The sweet smell of the grass and even the humidity rejuvenates me. The warm air enters my lungs and I feel it fill every area of my body as the oxygen is consumed by my cells. Then I exhale and I notice… my breath is icy cold. I didn’t understand, but then as I started to think about it I realized that I hadn’t any memory of what had happened before I looked out the window, something wasn’t right. I then ran back into the house, and as I burst through the door and ran up the stairs I started to recall what had happened. “My chest! My chest!” I remember screaming while clutching onto my shirt. I ran into my room and then it hit me, I had a heart attack, and my body was on the floor.

I had indeed died, but I was still on this earth. I thought of all the things I never got to do, I never proposed to my girlfriend, I told my parents the truth, I never pursued that job that I was really passionate about, and so many other deep regrets. My girlfriend got back from work and walked into my room after calling for me, I couldn’t bear to watch her. I kept trying to get her to see me; I was yelling, trying to knock things over, and I cry out to God for help. I had to accept this fate, I couldn’t leave her side though… I loved her too much.

I watched my love struggle in life without me, I saw her try and be with other men and it just never worked out, I saw her struggle with depression, but I also saw her best moments of her life. Every day was agony, she was right there but I just couldn’t get her to notice me. I then watched her die, and finally, we were reunited. We were then left to roam the earth, I watched people evolve, destroy each other, build new technologies, and then I watched the world end with my true love. It was devastating and beautiful, explosions of beautiful colors and geography crashing into each other with the sound of the gods. Then my love and I floated through the cosmos. We watched other civilizations witnessing their history from this spiritual trap. We learned their language, culture, and biology. We got to a certain point where the universe became completely black. We had hit the edge and we didn’t know what was ahead of us, but we decided that no matter what eternity we had in store, we would be content.

Note to the reader: I had this dream very recently maybe in the past 2 or 3 weeks, and it has haunted me. I don’t know if it means something but it felt very different. I very often wonder about the purpose of dreams and watch many videos about the science of dreams. I believe that dreams can be used to sometimes predict the future, and I have had many dreams that end up coming true to some extent.

Again, I had a lucid dream and while I was taking advantage of my powers to live a gluttonous 30 minutes. I heard a voice telling me to try and tell people things I have wanted to but just have never had the guts to fulfill. I want to hear more dreams from people because I feel like dreams mean something. While I am not a believer in supernatural communication with other beings, I feel as though dreams gives us a chance to connect with this other side. I want this story to encourage you to think about the possible relation further and talk about it with close ones. So, goodbye… and have good dreams. Good Night!



Similar books


JOIN THE DISCUSSION

This book has 0 comments.