Benjamin Marcus | Teen Ink

Benjamin Marcus

February 10, 2020
By anaboo0918, South Vienna, Ohio
More by this author
anaboo0918, South Vienna, Ohio
0 articles 0 photos 0 comments

The author's comments:

There will be a part two coming soon

“STOP PLEASE” says the poor helpless man that's in my arms in an alley of  New York City .

 “I’m so sorry” 

I say right before I sink my teeth into his neck while bawling my eyes out he collapses into my arms after about fifteen seconds. I hate this, I hate myself for what I am and what I do. I don’t want to be like this.

 I took the body, threw it over my shoulder and ran  to Black Creek forest. I dug a six feet deep hole and lay him gently in it and filled the hole with dirt. 

When I get home I lay in bed and open my notebook and write. I’m Benjamin Marcus, a sixteen year old six foot four Mexican with black fluffy hair and brown hair. I listen to a lot of rock music. Oh yeah I'm also a vampire. Then Four years ago today not only did my parents die in a car crash that I should have died in as well. It  just so happens that the guy that found me and my family was a vampire and decided that I was too young to die so he turned me into the monster I am today then brought me back to this New York appt and is now my “guardian” and roommate. And of course as I always do when I can’t deal with emotions I freak out and lose control of myself  and when that happens I kill someone. I don’t want to be like this anymore. Please someone help me.

 I wake up at 5:45 A.M sharp due to the torturous loud noise coming from my alarm clock. I step out of bed and walk towards my closet pull out a hoodie and some black skinny jeans and put my converse on. I pick up my book bag off the chair and walk to school.

I walk into my first period class and see someone I haven't seen at school before. Who is she? We get new students all the time but something is different about her. I sit in my seat in the very back of the classroom. The  weird thing was she didn't smell completely human and she was inhumanly beautiful definitely making the other girls very self conscious but she wasn't a vampire. Or at least wasn't a full vampire. 

First period bell rings and I go to my locker. When I close my locker mystery girl is standing there looking at me.

  “Can I help you with something?” I ask 

“maybe” she replies 

“Alright, what would that be?”  I ask a little confused

“Meet me outside by the track after school” she says 

Seventh  period bell rings and it's time to leave. I walked towards the back doors of the school towards the track fields and the football bleachers and I see mystery girl leaning against the pole of the bleachers waiting. I walked up to her and said  

“Hey, I’m here now  what did you want? And who are you anyway?” 

 “Wow, you actually came wasn't entirely expecting you to”  

“Well I'm here aren't I so what do you want?”. 

“Okay, so you're a vampire correct?”  

“Yes, what’s it to ya?”

  “You're the first vampire I've ever met besides my father. My name is Carmen and I need your help to find the cure for my father. If you help me you can have the other one if you want it of course”

“Such a thing exists?” I ask

  “Yes but only two exist in the whole world” 

“It's in a government facility in Los Angeles  where they do tests on vampires my father was held prisoner there but escaped” 

“Alright how do you suppose we even get to Los Angeles let alone get into the place to even get the cure?” 

“Easy my dad’s loaded we can take a plane”  says Carmen 

“Alright let's go then” I reply. This could be the answer to all my prayers to actually be human again is something I've wanted for so long. 

We stopped by her Apartment. When I walked in I saw a man sitting on the couch watching football. He was a vampire, I could smell it. He looked over at me specifically and walked up to me. He looked to be in his early forties. His hair was barely sliver in a few spots. 

“You must be Benjamin, I’m Mark nice to meet you”  he said in a friendly tone and held his hand out toward me. I shook his hand.

“Nice to meet you,” I replied.

 “Hey, dad, we need some money for a plane to LA” .

“Oh so he agreed to go”  mark asked

“yeah, I did”  I said 

 “Good to hear” 

After a bit Mark went into his room and came back out with a stack of  money and handed it to Carmen. 

We took a taxi to the airport. We flew first class, as if it was necessary. About four hours of flying and we finally made it to LA and I was starting to get a little anxious about this whole plan which was not a good sign.

It was very warm when we got off the plane.

“Hey Carmen, do you even know where this vampire lab place is?”

  “Of course I do” 
We got into another taxi Carmen told the taxi driver directions. Half way through the ride I was getting very hungry and even more anxious which was a horrible mix.

We got out of the cab, everything got very hazy which was a sign that I was going to lose control. But I can't, not right now not with Carmen so close.

 “Carmen, I’m going to lose control, you have to leave.” 

“Yes, I know.” she smirked  

“honestly, I’m sorry I really am but I need my dad back” when I finally realised what was going on six mean were behind me putting restraints on me and putting a cloth over my mouth and nose I couldn't keep my eyes open anymore and collapse. The last thing I could remember was the horrendous pain of betrayal and seeing a man in a suit handing a little bottle that had written on the side of it in bold letters CURE to Carmen.



Similar books


JOIN THE DISCUSSION

This book has 0 comments.