Wonder World | Teen Ink

Wonder World

By Agrout, Linesville, Pennsylvania
Agrout, Linesville, Pennsylvania

I like to read Fiction novels all the time so I decided to make my first one hope you enjoy.

P.S. This article is meant to leave you on a cliff hangar Part two is in development.

There once was a mighty warrior who could defeat the strongest army single handedly. He was Po the warrior of the sun. Po fought beasts that leaked into our world from ancient dimensions and he fought dragons, orcs, wyvern, and the most ferocious warriors known as the seven warlords. Each warlord controlled one of the top races such as dragons, orcs, Piglings, and more. Po used his magical swords which were named yin and yang one controlled the power of the sun and the other channeled the power po had inside him which was called his chi. After 100 years of fighting the warlords finally started to get the upper hand so Po used the last of his life to push them back and seal the dimensional rifts but even then smaller beasts with little magic could still slip through.

“Bryan are you even listening to me,” my grandfather shouted as he banged his walking stick against my head. Grandfather got back to telling the story for the thousandth time while I watched the thunderstorm roll in from outside. My sister, Margaret came in saying dinner was almost done. Margaret has been the one cooking for the past few years since our mother got sick and died 3 years ago. She told me to go get Pa from the barn, Pa was working on reinforcing the barn since he was worried that it wasn’t going to make it through the storm.

I got my boots and coat on and went outside to get Pa. I slammed the barn door shut so the strong wind couldn’t get inside and fling straw everywhere. I shouted for Pa but couldn’t find him till he seemed to appear out of thin air right behind me. I told him it was time for dinner and he said he would be out in a moment.

Once Pa got inside we sat down for dinner and I stared at a big, juicy, roasted goose sitting in the middle of the table and baked potatoes with butter dripping down the sides along with green beans. I asked what the special occasion was because we were a poor family that lived mostly on the food we grew. Margaret looked away and Pa looked down at his plate then said, “This was the day your mother died remember.” My appetite left and I felt tears well up in my eyes.  I excused myself from the table and went to bed.

I woke up in the middle of the night to the sound of steel  on steel like a sword fight. I got dressed and went outside to see two figures. There was a 10 ft tall creature that had a massive battle axe and a smaller 6 ft figure in a hood that had a sword and was slashing at the creature. I quickly jumped behind a barrel beside the house and watched. The figure did a slash straight up and slice the head right in half and the creature fell into the light and I saw it had ugly green skin that was lumpy and cuts all over that oozed a bluish green stuff. A second ogre creature walked out and ran straight towards the figure and an arrow the size of a fence post landed straight into the creature's heart. I saw a man the size of the ogres step out from the side of the barn. 

After watching the figures talk for a half hour I stepped out from behind the barrel and when I started to follow them a vine shot out and wrapped around my waist dragging me to the edge of the woods. I thrashed and fought but it didn’t work but when I saw what the vine was attached to I froze. The vine was the hair of a beautiful woman but once I got within ten feet her mouth made a popping sound and opened big enough to swallow me whole. I started to thrash again and the woman said, “Don’t struggle and it will be over soon enough.” I kept struggling and once I was within two feet of her I felt a surge of energy which I thought was just a pump of adrenaline but flames jumped off of my skin and incinerated the vines. The vine lady screamed and I landed on my but. I felt the power pushing around inside me like a beast that had just been awakened and ready to be let out. More vines shot out towards me and I felt something in my hand and without thinking about it I swung my arm like I was wielding a sword and it turned out the object was a sword. I slashed at vines that kept flying at me and then one grabbed my wrist and squeezed till I dropped the sword. The vine lady dragged me towards her and then a creature tackled me and we went rolling on the ground. Once I recovered I jumped up and looked around for the beast. I heard a rustling in the bushes behind me and I turned around just as the creature jumped out and an arrow flew straight into the creature's skull and shattered it and I saw dad and the big guy then I passed out.

I woke up to see dad and Margaret standing over me and dad told Margaret to go to the kitchen. I asked dad what he was doing and how he could fight like that and why he was fighting the creatures. He explained that the story grandfather always tells is true and the rift that weaker monsters can get through is near here or at least one of them. He is fighting  making sure that those creatures don’t get to me or the power that is inside me. I had inherited Po’s chi so now that it has awakened more creatures than he could handle are going to start coming here.

Just as dad finished, the roof of the house was lifted by a giant. It stared at me with an eye the size of a beach ball. It reached down towards me and dad jumped out with his sword and sliced off half the finger. The hand retreated back and a snake the size of a car came slithering in through the window and spit venom at me. I jumped out of the way and tried to use my power. I tried for a shield but a ball of energy shot out and burned the snake in half. I ran downstairs and when I turned into the living room it was filled with little green creatures that were about 2 ft tall and had ugly gray skin but they also had sharp claws. They all turned towards me at the same time and it was super creepy. They leaped and I tried to make a shield again but a ball of fire shot out of me again so I tried making a ball of fire and an orange mini tornado ran around our living room scattering everything but it also sucked up the gremlins though there were still to many to handle but they all froze and a blue glow came off of their skin and they exploded.

I turned around when I heard footsteps and I saw a person in a cloak that shrouded their face. They carried a staff carved to hold a crystal on the top and the crystal seemed to have something flying around on the inside of it. They told me to follow them and I really didn’t know what was happening but I had a feeling that I could trust them. They led me to the front door but the door started to open so they pulled me behind the flipped dining room table and I saw dad walk in. He was carrying his sword but a blue glow formed behind him and a massive hand with pink skin shot out and dragged him in. I was about to jump out but they held me back once they thought I settled they let go but I ran to save dad.

Dad, the arm, even the portal melted into a white goo and formed into a wolf-like creature with spikes that ran straight towards me. The cloaked person jumped out and a bright light emitted from the crystal on the staff and the creature howled and the cloaked figure grabbed me and dragged me outside.

Outside was like a horror story with creatures all around but I didn’t have a good look before we were running towards the barn at full speed. Once inside they closed the door and went over to the only stall in there and they said my mothers name, violet. A door opened and they climbed down. I looked down into the hole and saw nothing but pitch black but I jumped down as the white wolf crashed through the window. The door slammed shut inches above my head as I fell but I landed on a soft cushion then the lights came on. I was in a white room that had streaks of blue liquid streaking through vein-like tubes in the wall. I saw the cloaked person and they walked over and pulled off their hood and I gasped in shock. Margaret was the person in the cloak. I started asking questions and she said she will explain later.

Margaret showed me around the bunker that was made just in case my power awoke and the creatures started pouring into our world. The bunker had enough food for fifty years but it was for emergencies since we could manage to catch the creatures that would be around outside. The kitchen was big and fancy, there was a training room which they said I would be practicing to use my power here. The coolest room had to be the weapons room because it had about every kind of weapon I could imagine from older weapons such as swords, bows, and crossbows to snipers, rifles, and handguns. My favorite room was my bedroom because it had a super comfy bed, a nice big area for stretching, and a stockpile of hidden weapons. After showing me around we heard a beep and a crash and Margaret took off to the room we entered. Once I caught up standing beside Margaret was the giant I saw earlier and he had biceps bigger around than my head. Steam suddenly started to pour off of him and he shrunk to turn out to be my grandfather. I asked how that was possible and grandfather explained that he took special pills to give him the power to help take care of the monsters with my dad.

After an hour of explaining that Margaret is a spellcast and she has been practicing spells for the past 10 years grandpa then said, “we have to talk about your father now. He has been taken by lord Porg the king of piglings.” They explained that piglings were ten foot tall pigs that walk on their back legs like humans but are also much smarter than a normal pig.

After the explanation I went to my room for a nap and a voice woke me up but when I sat up I saw no one but then the voice came again and I found a speaker. It was just Margaret calling me to the kitchen so I went to the kitchen and Margaret said it was time for breakfast. I was surprised because I only took a little nap but then remembered we probably were up till 3 in the morning with the creatures. For breakfast was steak and eggs though Margaret said the steak was from a werewolf and the eggs came from an albatross but they tasted amazing. After dinner Margaret gave me a suit and said to get dressed for training. Once I was dressed I went down to the training room and Margaret was nowhere to be found but then she suddenly popped out of nowhere.

Margaret told me the sword came before because the power I used excited it so to call it I must use the same technique called the summoner's art. I asked Margaret why the other sword didn’t come and she said I was lost thousands of years ago. I thought back to the way the magic felt and how it traveled through me like my blood was oil and it caught fire then I felt the same sensation and fire leaped off of my skin then the sword appeared out of nowhere stuck in the ground in front of me. According to Maragaret the sword is challenging me and I must use my power to pull it out of the ground without touching it.

After hours of trying every way I could think of I felt a different thread of magic coming to me from the sky. I pulled on it and out the sword yin appeared out in my hand. I gasped and Margaret walked in and almost fainted. The legendary swords are now back together and when I tried to get Yang out of the ground and it pulled straight out. 

After months of training in combat, stealth, and training my power it was time to go find dad. During my first month of training I got to pick out my weapons, I chose a 9mm handgun that could be charged by magic to turn into a charge rifle.

After dinner that night I got my gear ready and my gear then went to bed because we were going to start the complicated process of forming a portal. The next morning I got dressed in my armored plated suit and headed downstairs to get breakfast real quick. After breakfast we all went down to the training room and Margaret was already there and once I was there she started to form the portal. It was hours before something happened but that was when Margaret started to get exhausted and I realized that she won’t be able to make a portal. I put my power into the portal and creatures started to pound on the outside and they started to get in. I realized that the training room must have been protected by magic so they wouldn’t be able to sense my magic and Margaret's magic must have stripped it. Creatures started to come in and I watched Grandfather shove a pill into his mouth and he grew to the mountain man. He started throwing them at others but a paralyzing toad shot a cloud at him and he froze as the creatures tore him limb from limb and all I could do was stare in horror because if the portal didn’t open soon we were doomed. 

Margaret yanked me back as a slither jumped at me and we fell into a forest alive with creatures thought they thankfully all seemed peaceful. I stood up and saw Margaret already scouting the area. We made camp in a massive dead tree and settled in for the night since it took us till 8pm to form the portal. I woke up to the sound of a strange sound like liquid flowing but there were no streams nearby and it wasn’t there when I went to bed. I followed the sound and found a puddle that was bubbling like crazy. I don’t know why but I went to the bubbles like they called me and when I reached it I fell straight down. I stood up and saw that it was pitch black so I released my magic and fire leaped off of my skin. I summoned my swords and looked around at a bunch of rocks that ranged from the size of a small dog to the size of a small mountain which showed just how big this cavern was. I jumped on top of a rock the size of a pickup truck and it moved. I watched as the rock unfolded itself into a dragon. I scrambled behind another rock dragon that was still sleeping as the woken up dragon was looking for what woke it up.  I looked around and saw a hole in the ceiling with a vine leading from it. I bolted towards it but the dragon jumped into my way so without slowing down I leaped at it and sliced right into the soft scale that is around the base of its neck. The dragon let out a screech that soon fell into silence as more dragons woke up and came at me. I leaped out of the way of the dragon that shot a bolt of lightning straight at me. I spun and landed a strike right into its eye. It took hours before I reached the vine and for some reason each time I killed a dragon I felt a burning sensation on my back. I scrambled up leaving behind ten dead dragons and a few wounded ones. I saw the tree that camp was in and woke Margaret up and told her that we were on top of a dragon nest. She stared at me like I was crazy then a burst of plasma shot out of the ground and she got up and packed real quick. 

We took off running and ended up running into a Draconian village where you had to pay with dragon magic because they couldn’t generate magic themselves so they took the magic from dragons. I stopped at an old building while Margaret went looking for the rare shops that would take gold for supplies. Inside I found a scroll that said “Anyone who defeats a dragon will be granted their power though Draconics are the only ones that inherit only the magic other others will take traits of a dragon as well.” I realized that this was bad but I didn’t feel much different. I decided to not tell Margaret or anyone else. I found a small stand and decided to try and buy something with dragon magic. I picked out a really nice dagger that came back when I said Bomb boyage. I went to a small little stand that had bottles and he inserted a bottle into a device and told me to stick my hand on it. I searched for any sign of a different kind of magic inside of me but found nothing until I found this little stand that I pulled on and it ripped open a massive vortex inside of me that started pumping dragon magic into me. I released it and the shop owner stared at me with wide open eyes and told me I over paid. I told him to keep whatever extra I gave him and then I saw Margaret running full sprint at me but her eyes were black and she had pasty white skin and I realized she was possessed by a demon and she knocked me out and when I woke up I was in a prison cell with concrete walls and I was chained up then everything went black again.