Star Trek The Attack | Teen Ink

Star Trek The Attack

By Fleet-Admiral-J-B-Dersch, Nineveh, Indiana
Fleet-Admiral-J-B-Dersch, Nineveh, Indiana

Space: the final frontier. These are the voyages of the starship Enterprise. Its five-year mission: to explore strange new worlds, to seek out new life and new civilizations, to boldly go where no man has gone before.-Captain James T. Kirk

A Star Fleet Captain’s First Officer is killed and he must find who did or someone else might get hurt. While Looking for this Suspect The Ship is attacked by Pirates who claim they have the Killer but will only hand him over when the Captain hands over his ship and surrenders. And when he is the top suspect in the case and  With No Contact with Command, the Captain's Options are limited. What must the Captain do to Get the Killer and Take the Pirates?

USS VEGAS NCC-9283-B

Class: Akira Class

Location: Sector 2324.4

Captain Redman walked down the corridor alone and stood in front of the Turbolift and just stood there when it opened surprising him he looked up to find his First Officer Commander T’Pol Step out

Captain “Commander Where might you be heading?” Commander T’Pol stood there staring at him like a wall then she spoke

Commander T’Pol “My Shift is Over Sir. I thought you had a few  more hours before yours started?” She spoke slowly as if something caught in her throat

Captain Redman “I thought I would start early. And Commander Is everything Okay?” 

The Commander nodded and started down the hallway as Captain Redman Entered the Lift and spoke to the Computer

Captain Redman “ Bridge” The Speakers beeps and the Lift starts toward the bridge when he exits the bridge he walks to the Lt. at the Navigation Station

Captain Redman “Lt.Herman Do you know what's up with Commander T’pol?”

Lt.Herman “No Sir. Is Something wrong?” He Shooks his head and walked toward the Command chair centered in the middle of the bridge and sits

Captain Redman “Lt. Hawkens anything on comms?”

Lt. Hawkens “No Sir All Fequnces is clear at the moment”

Captain Redman “Any signs on the Sensors? Any ships?”

Commander Little at the 2nd tactical station spoke

Commander Little “No Sir All Are Clear it's just us”

Captain Redman “Good Systems running Good?”
Ensign Finley “Yes Sir” the Captain tap and button on his chair

Captain Redman “Bridge to Engineering” His chief spoke

Chief Rock “Engineering”

Captain Redman's “ Hows the Core”

Chief Rock “Burning like a kitten Sir”

Captain Redman “Outstanding Bridge Out” as he tapped the button again when the Cheif Sedtuiry Officer called the Captain over to his console

Commander Hood “Captain Commander T’pol just sent a distress message to our Medical Bay and they sent it to us”

Captain Redman “Send a Security Team with the Med Team but make sure the Security Team enters first”

Commander Hood “Yes Sir”

10 minutes later

Commander Hood “Sir You might want to come with me”

Captain Redman “ Why?” then he knew it was about Commander T’pol he rushed from his chair and to the Lift and flying in behind him was Commander Hood and they went down to the deck which housed the crew quarters and then the captain ran toward the room which housed the Commander when  he ran face force into a force field that was insatiable till someone hit it
Captain Redman “Computer Shut down Force Fluid”

The Lifelike voice spoke

Computer “Sorry Your Command isn’t Recognized”

Captain Redman “Commander Hood what this about”

The Commander Looks at his commanding officer

Commander Hood “You were the last one to see her alive and we need to find out who killed her and you are the number one suspect who is still to be determined”

Captain Redman “But I was on the bridge!”

Commander Hood “I know but this is how it goes. And for the Force Felid, I put them up within a 100 Foot radius of the Commander's Room to keep the killer Contained”

Captain Redman “What If they are another deck?”

Commander Hood “ That's why we have Armed Officers on Each deck keeping track of who leaves and enters the deck”

Captain Redman Nodded and a sizzled sounded and they watched as the force field dropped

Captain Redman “Did you do that?”
Commander Hood “No” The Captain Pulled out his communicator and it beeps

BEEP BEEP “Captain to the Bridge. Did you shut the Force Fields down?” Lt. Hawkens Answered

Lt. Hawkens “Sir We have a Vesessl Approaching”

Captain Redman “Whos?”

Lt. Hawkin “Can’t tell till they right in our faces”

Captain Redman “I am on my way up. Commander Hood Get this handled please”
Commander Hood “Yes Sir” The Commander walked down the hallway and the Captain went back to the lift and the bridge. When the Captian walked onto the bridge he started to give orders

Captain Redman “ Lt. Hawkens ETA of the incoming vessel. If anyone can get me any scans on it do it”

Lt. Hawkens “ETA is 2 minutes”

Commander Little's “Scans show that it is a Cardassian Heavy Battle Cruiser”

Captain Redman “Any signs of aggression?”

Commander Little “A lot so far but hadn't locked weapons but have done at least 30 tactical scans on us” That's when console alarms started to sound

Lt. Hawkens “Captain we have two more Ships inbound!”

Commander Little “ And they are all locking weapons!”

Captain Redman “Sheilds Up, All Hands To Battle Stations” The White Lights turn Red, and the Alert Saxon wails

Captain Redman “Tactical Scan Find me their weakest spot and then Lock on my mark”

Commander Little “Yes Sir Scanning…….Found and we incoming”

Captain Redman “All Decks Brace for Impact” Then the ship shook like an Earthquake throwing some crew off the chairs and onto the floor

Captain Redman “Status Report.”

Commander Litte “Sheilds down to 90%, Nothing else seems hurt sir”

Captain Redman “Show them what an Akria Class is good at Lock a Full Spread Photon Torpedos”

Commander Little “Yes Sir Locking and Firing” On the view screen 8 Bright Orange streak from the Vegas and race towards the nearest ship it slams into the starship knocking it off course

Commander Little “Direct Hit, Knock their shields out like someone Bowling for a strike!”

Captain Redman “NEXT!” Then 16 More Torpedos shoot from the Vegas and race to hit their targets and do the same to the other two ships

Captain Redman “Yellow Alert Keep an eye on them”

Ensign Finley “Captain the lead ship is hailing us”

Captain Redman Stood 

Captain Redman “On Screen” A Human Appeared on screen dressed in Pirate Uniform

Pirate Captain “You have a killer loose don’t you Captain Redman”

Captain Redman “How do you know?” then a beeping sound sounded throughout the bridge

Commander Little “SIR OUR SHIELDS ARE LOWERING!! WE HAVE POSSIBLE INTRUDERS DECKS 23-60!”

Captain Redman “INTRUDER ALERT! SECURITY SECURE EVERY DECK! SOUND GENERAL QUARTERS, AND LISTEN HERE YOU BACKSTABBING AHOLE YOU BETTER GET YOUR MEN OFF MY SHIP OR THEY WON’T BE RETURNING!”

The Pirate Captain just smiled

Pirate captain “You Mena my ship now!’ and then he laughed then he was gone from the screen

Commander Little “Sir We have 20 of the Intruders heading this way” The Captain Rushed over to a panel tapped a view button it pushed out and it held an Armoy of weapons from Hand Held Phaser to Rifles

Captain Redman “Everyone hurry come get armed!” By the time the Intruders were at the Entrance to the bridge the Crew had weapons and barriers set to protect the working crew members and to protect the Bridge from being taken

Commander Little “Captain there getting ready to knock on our front door”

Captain Redman “Show what happens when you trespass on a Star Fleet Ship Commander!” The Crew at the barrier ready themself for the attack when a big boom went off at the doors that lead off the bridge onto deck 2 and the doors started to turn red hot and started to melt. With that, the crew raised their weapons ready to fire. When the doors blew the pieces knock some crew out of their chairs and some of the weapons teams backward and the Captain was flung out of his chair and some lights on the bridge went out and from the smoke of what was a door came 6 Pirates armed with Rifles and Lasers on them the captain stood and ran toward the nearest pirate grab him by his head and slammed it off his knee grab him by the back of the shirt lifted him as a human shield and used the stolen Rifle from the Pirate and sharted to shot he others the first shots missed and then the third hit the 2nd Pearson and the Captain dropped the Pirate shield and ran toward another and pulled out a knife he had taken from the same Pirate and threw it slammed into the pirate's shoulder and he fell and the captain ran and took it from his shoulder and tossed it at another and this time it slammed into the face of another pirate(4 Down 2 to go) and the captain raised to go after the others but they both crashed to the ground from phasers fire. The Captain turned to see commander Little leaning against a console smiling

Commander Little “Never seen you move that fast”

He Just shook his head

Captain Redman “Lt. Hawkens Status Report”

At the Helms console, the Bloodied Helmsman starts to speak

Captain Redman Stood 

The Pirate Captain just smiled

Pirate captain “You Mean my ship now!’ and then he laughed then he was gone from the screen

He Just shook his head

Lt. Hawkens “Medical Teams en route to the bridge, Emeny ships still on standby, All Intruders are cornered on deck 38 with more Security teams on the way”

Captain Redman “Open a Channel the lead ship” The Pirate captain from earlier appeared on screen

Pirate Captain surprised to see the captain “Well Hello I Expected you to be dead. But well we don’t always get what we want.”

Captain Redman “Quit the talking and let's just say this we have the rest of your Intruders surrounded and the Bridge Attack team are all dead so take the rest out or Face the Penitlays”

Pirate Captain “How about no…. I want your ship and you might wanna know who killed your pretty commander, Ensign Come forward” On the Screen Ensign Finley Walked on screen not wearing Star Fleet uniform but the Pirate Uniform

Captain Redman “You bastard I trusted you! I will make sure you all are put behind bars. And You're the reason our shields went down”

Ensign Finley “Congratulations Captain you are finally smarter than me! Captain Jim get your crew out of there and get us out of here!” The Pirates then disappear off the screen

Captain Redman “Lt. Can we lock weapons?” The Lt. Nodded 

Captain Redman “Lock on their core and destroy all three ships”

Lt. Hawkens “Yes Sir Locking now…. Wait sir two of the three ships are breaching their cores and I am rerouting power to impulse to get to a safe distance and firing the One torpedo to the Vessel not breaching the core” The Vegas started to move a safe distance away from the ships and as it did it fired a lone Blue Torpedo toward the None Core Breach ship it slammed into the ship and causing it to blow to pieces right before the other to ship follow suit

Captain Redman “Are they gone?”

Lt. Hawkens “yes sir”

Captain Redman Starts the slow course to the nearest star base and has Transporter rooms beam the Pirate's weapons to the Armory and then the pirates to the brig. Have Repair crews fix what they can for now”

The USS Vegas slowly makes its way toward the Nearest Star Base.

THE END