ELITE | Teen Ink

ELITE

February 1, 2023
By DARKSPHARE BRONZE, St.paul, Minnesota
More by this author
DARKSPHARE BRONZE, St.paul, Minnesota
1 article 0 photos 0 comments

Author's note:

I wrote this in 6th grade so my grammar is not the best. 

The Train reeked and smelled of urine and vomit. The seats were worn out, the fabric was ripped and the stuffing stuck out.

"Well, Boys... We're almost there in the city. Gather your supplies and get moving!" Said the Officer.

I grabbed my Automatic Rifle which shot 8 anti-tank rounds. I was in an S-6 known as Soldier 6 squadron. I was Lieutenant and the first in command was Bryan. Bryan had a Heavy M-G, Harry was third in command and had an assault Rifle, Jennifer... She had a Grenade launcher with 16 rounds. Sarah was Jennifer's niece and she held the ammo but was armed with an SMG. Last but not least, we have Hayward who always seems to be messing everything up but he had the radio along with a rocket launcher. He also held the land mines and other explosives. We all have heavily armored suits. All of our backup weapons are this: A Pistol that shoots a flare round and regular rounds. We also had a Melee. It was a long Dagger that was serrated and can cut through pure steel like a piece of butter. Our suits are made from the strongest metal called Netherseal. It is 7 times stronger than steel and 40 times lighter but the enemy we are fighting has no worries of dying. They too have Netherseal but the problem is... they're droids. They will run at you without hesitation and they are 4 times smarter than us. Our suits are solar powered which means if we run out of power the sun could power us right back and even the moon could power us with its light. The suits also allow us to survive in space.

"Okay boys, We're here!" Said the Officer.

"Find your squads and get moving!"

Boom! Boooom!! BOOOOM!!!

"Take cover in the buildings." Said Bryan.

"And Amy... find a nice spot for sniping."

"Yes Sir," I said.

I then hurried off to the broken side of the wall. There laid a giant crack large enough for me to poke my rifle through and see through my iron sight. I then spotted one Droid coming to the building and a few hundred meters away from it stood another droid. I breathed in and then fired at the first droid. Crack!!! The Droid landed with a thud. I exhaled and then inhaled another fire. Crack!!! I then repeated this until I was sure there were no more droids.

"Hey, you alright?" said Sarah

"Yeah, thanks Sarah,"I said

"Well, time to eat," Sarah said smiling.

"Okay," I said.

Sarah, Jennifer, and I shared a room while the guys stayed in the other.

"Goodnight guys. Wake me in 20 minutes." Jennifer said.

"Aunt Jennifer? Could we just call you jenn because it's faster? For example, If I was endangered and I had to call your long name. By the time you're there I'm already dead." Said Sarah laughing nervously.

"I guess you can... whatever, I'm going to nap," Jennifer said.

"Alright, Time set," I said.

"Amy?" Sarah said

"Are you interested in Bryan because I sure am..." Sarah said, looking into space.

"Well, I don't really know?" I said

"I mean, yeah he's pretty handsome," I said

Sarah didn't respond.

"Sarah? How old are you?"I asked

"I'm 27 and you?" she said

"I'm 31 and Jenn is 49," I said

"Hey Ladies, How are you all doing?" Hayward said Barging in.

"Good, we're just talking and Jennifer is just taking a nap," I responded.

"Oh...how bout you Ms. Sarah?"Hayward asked

"I'm fine... next time can you knock?"Sarah said sternly.

"Oh, yes I sure will," he said smiling at Sarah looking up and down slowly.

"You three look like gorillas in those suits," he said and then left laughing.

Sarah and I then finished our beans and woke up Jenn.

"Oh geez, It's been 20 minutes already?!" Jennifer said.

"Shhh. Quiet, you need to watch while Sarah and I take a nap now." I said

"Oh fine," Jennifer said with gritted teeth.

In the morning we packed up and went to Bryan and Hayward's room.

"Knock first," I said, reminding Sarah.

Thump thump thump.

"Yeah. Come in." Bryan said.

"So... we're going to be pushing up to the next building which holds supplies such as ammo and weapons. We must move fast. It might just turn into a massacre out there. Here's a map" Bryan said while taking out a piece of paper.

"Amy, we need you up here"

"Sarah, you can take the left wing with Jennifer"

"And Hayward. You can come with me. We will be on the right-wing while Amy takes the center Droids." Bryan said

We then got into positions and would wait until Hayward does the signal which is throwing a rock in front of the building.

Thukump!!!

"Kssshhhhhhhh... wakashincoo?" Said a Droid.

"Kssshhhhhhhh... Imagachick." the other said.

It walked to the rock confused and then figured it out.

"Ksss-"

Crack!!! I shot him in the head and then all of the Droids started firing at the building I was in.

"Don't Fire Your Rocket Hayward! The Building is full of explosives!" Bryan hissed

"Kssshhhhhhhh... Okerterr!" Said one Droid

Thump! Kaboom!!!

"Get down!" Bryan yelled.

And then Hayward laid down next to him.

I then inhaled and fired.

Crack!!! Two of the Droids crumpled to the ground while the other shot a single rocket at me. I slid out and rolled backward but that didn't help me much because the next thing I knew I was hanging at the edge of the building.

I then shot my grappling hook at the building we were raiding. I was then pulled by the hook all the way to the roof of the building. I then heard a hiss or more like a sizzle. Boom!! I was shot from behind with a Rocket. Luckily the explosion missed but it hit right behind me. Groaning, I got up and took my aim at the charging Droid. It then made its arms into a blade but at that same moment, it was shot dead by my pistol. Four shots took it down. I then hurried down the stairs and flanked the rest of the droids that were inside while Bryan, Hayward, Sarah, and Jenn took care of the others. I then opened the doors and found Sarah taking care of the last Droid with her Blade. Bryan then called the headquarters to take the supplies. We took some more ammo and then left a flare there so that the supply squadron could know where the building and supplies were. The next day we had to raid the next building which was better fortified. It was an invaded military base but now we could take it back.

"Amy... try flaking them again."

"Sarah... attack from the center with Jennifer"

"Hayward, take the left while I take the right-wing," Bryan said.

Again we took our positions. I was on top of a building so that I could snipe a few droids and then zipline down to the roof of the military base. This time though instead of rock it was a bomb that was charged. Right, when one Droid went to it Hayward would press down a button which detonated it.

Kaboom!!! Crack!!! Crack! Crack!!! Crack!! I then zipline to the roof and then cut a hole large enough for me to fit through. It was dark but the real problem was... where's the enemy and supplies? I looked out a small hole and saw the droids climbing aboard a ship. Then there were a bunch of other ships coming our way! Operation Rolling Thunder! I then ran through the cement wall and told Bryan and the others what was coming.

"Let's get to those anti-air guns!" Hayward said.

"No! Let's get out of here!"Bryan yelled

Just then a Ship crashed in front of them both. Boom!!!

"Come On!" I yelled

A Droid then arose from the burning flames and fired a grenade launcher round at us. Boom! I was thrown backwards. I looked up and saw other ships crashing into other soldiers and the droids rising from the wreckage of the ships they'd crashed. More and more just kept coming. The droid with the launcher aimed at me and was about to fire until Bryan stabbed it with his blade. Limping Bryan told us that Hayward is dead and that they need to retreat to the other building they took over a few days ago.

"What should we do now?" I asked.

"We need to call air support and the Headquarters." Bryan said.

"But Hayward had the explosives which did not explode and most importantly the Radio?" Sarah said

"Then one of us will have to go out there and that will be me." I said.

"Okay, Fine... if you don't come back in two days then I will go there and grab the stuff and find you." Jennifer and Bryan said at once.

"Sarah you will stay with me though." Jennifer said.

"Why can't I go then?" Sarah asked

"Because I don't wanna lose another niece!" Jennifer hissed

"Alright then, but that means you stay with me." Sarah said sternly

"Alright, fine with me" Jennifer said

"Okay, Bye... see you all in 2 days." I said smiling nervously

"Good luck Amy... Stay safe." Bryan said, smiling.

I then left with 4 cans of food enough for 8 days for emergency along with my rifle, suit, and sidearms. It was a 12 hour walk until I heard explosions in the distance. I then reached where Hayward Died and dragged his body for 24 hours without sleep and then 6 hours more until I reached the building.

"I'm Here!" I yelled

"It's Amy Bryan, you can open the door!" Sarah said.

Thump thump thump!!!

"Hi there Amy" Bryan said "You have the radio?" Bryan asked tiredly.

"Yes, I have the radio, Supplies, and the body." I answered

"Okay, come in." Bryan said again tiredly.

I walked in and saw Jenn lying on the floor sleeping, Sarah watching, Bryan was sleeping too and now I had to stay awake and didn't even sleep for a day and more than a half. I was furious but managed to stay awake for 24 minutes.

"Wake up and watch," I say patiently. "It's been 20 minutes, Sarah and I need to sleep," I said patiently.

"Okay, Jennifer, wake up, it's time to watch," Bryan said.

They both went to their watching areas while Sarah and I flopped to the ground. It has been 40 minutes until I heard Bryan's voice.

"Let's go and Raid the Next building ladies." He announced.

"We don't have all day and tomorrow," Bryan said

We got up and then started walking. It took one whole day non-stop until we reached the third building.

"Oh my holy dear and god!" Bryan yelled as a Giant Droid about 13 feet tall spotted us.

"Get Down!" I yelled as it fired a Rocket at us.

"KKSssssssshhhhhhhhh... Ovvvvvker Theerrrrrr!" Yelled the Giant Droid later known as a Type 84 D.

"We need to move fast," Bryan Whispered.

"Is there a way around?" I asked.

"No, I don't think? We'll cover you while you run for your life to that building and get to the top." Bryan said.

I ran as fast as I could to the buildings. Thoom!!!

"Ahhh!! Uhh" I screamed in agony

I looked behind me and saw that a giant shell flew right behind me. Get up Amy... you can do...this! I thought to myself. I then started again as Bryan, Jenn, and Sarah covered me. A few minutes later I finally made it to the opening of the building. I climbed to the top and took my shots. Inhale, Crack!! Exhale, Inhale, and Crack!!! I repeated this rhythm until all of the droids were down. The last one standing was the Type 84 D. I saw Sarah look up at me and I nodded. She then heaved two grenades at the Droid while I waited until I fired. "One two three..." I whispered under my breath.

Crack!! Boom!!!! The Type 84 D was down. A few seconds later I noticed a Droid behind me crawling. I took my aim but I did not notice the bomb in its hand.

Thoom!!! I was blown backward off of the building. Cla-slink!! I was blown into a concrete wall gasping for air. This is the end... I'm going to die! The thoughts then kept encircling my head, frightened. I felt a stabbing pain in my gut and noticed a piece of steel cut through the armor.

"Nnnn Hhhh" I screamed in pain as I tried to move.

"Amy!" Sarah yelled, "No no no, this is... come on we have to help her Jenn." Sarah demanded.

"Was that an order? Jennifer asked, "Okay I will."

They lifted me while I screamed with agony.

"Give me the needle," Bryan said.

He then cut into the hard Metal and stuck the needle in me... I was fast asleep.

It was midnight when I awoke... I was with others. I groaned as I looked at my wound. It was tightly bandaged but still hurt. I was so thirsty too! I looked around to find a nurse or doctor. I then saw one smoking outside of the tent.


"Water?" I rasped


"Oh, you're awake?" the nurse said with a high voice.


"Water" I rasped again.


"Oh, okay." Said the Nurse


She went over to the sink and filled a tin cup with water.


"Don't drink it too fast," She said, "you've been gut wounded."


I thanked her and drank it slowly. It hurt slightly when I drank. A few minutes later I finally fell asleep. In the morning I noticed a tube in my gut. The tube had pink fluid flowing through it.


"It's to take any fluids that start to make a blockage,'' said a female next to me.


"You have one?" I asked


"No, but I knew someone who did." She said


She was at least a few years younger than Sarah.


"I'm Betty!"She said in an energetic voice "I'm getting married to an Officer when this war is all over. But I would have to get back into action tomorrow because I am almost fully healed." She said disappointed.


You can be disappointed but I want to be out there with my friends Missy Betty! I yelled in my head. She kept talking about getting married and kids. So I ignored her and just stared at the ceiling. Tomorrow is when my group goes to tan make it in less than a week. I will be fully healed! I went to sleep. The next morning I awoke and didn't feel any pain.


"Uhhh... hello? I said


"Oh, um... You're fully healed and ready to go!" Said the nurse


"How long has it been since..." I started


"Oh... it's been a few weeks but you can go now." She said smiling


Oh, no... A few weeks! Will They be alright!? My mind was spinning now. And then it went even crazier when I saw Bryan on a bed... his legs! They were only stumps! I looked around and saw Jenn sleeping and it looked like she was hit in the arm and unconscious. It was a few seconds later until I saw Sarah sitting on the bench... unaware of anything.


"Sa-Sarah?" I said


"Amy?" She said confused "Amy? Amy!" She said confused


"Sarah? You alright?" I asked


"Yeah... we have to leave tomorrow." she said as tears streamed down her face. "I hope it's fast though... you know, death?" she said.


"Hey, it's alright... you have me." I said


"No, that's what they said and look at where they're at!" Sarah Barked


"Okay, let's get ready then." I said sneaking in a smile


The next morning we went to where the fighting was. There were no droids, just tall broken down buildings.


"There's nothing here?" I said, confused and worried.


"You can think that but there are bombs and mines everywhere and Droids hiding in the shadows." Sarah said terrified


"Where's Harry?" I asked


"Dead" Sarah said "Blown to pieces is what" She said sadly.


"Let's pick up the pace then and find a building." I said.


We found one building that looked pretty well. Just before Sarah walked in I yelled. "STOP!" She did.


"What?" She said,


"There's a tripwire just below your ankle." I said patiently


She looked and spotted it. We walked over it and then the thought came to me. Is that what happened to Bryan? Did he walk into a tripwire?! I then put my pack down and noticed Sarah standing by the crack, just staring. I then went to sleep. 23 minutes later I found Sarah asleep. I then took guard watch and made sure I heard everything. The rustling of leaves, a rabbit running by, footsteps... wait... footsteps! I grabbed my rifle and noticed a droid jumping from build to building. 


"Assassin droid!" I whispered under my breath. he next base. The thought went through my head all throughout the night. I c


It was a type 7 A. I then woke Sarah up and we both took our positions in the building. Sarah was under a few Rocks and I was in the dark with my night vision scope on the rifle. Usually I don't use a scope but I had to this time. The first droid then sneaked in. Sarah and I had our hiding cloaks on so that the droids couldn't sense the heat from our bodies. One, two, Three... CRACK!!! Crack!! The two droids crumpled to the ground. Then another droid came in alert and Sarah killed that Droid with her Bowie knife. We then went out of that building as fast as we could. The next day we found our destination and readied the explosives.


"One... two... Three!" I yelled and then we ran straight to the building.


"Okay... We need to get inside now." Sarah said.


"Stay out here and watch okay?" I said worried


"Okay." Sarah said


I ran inside and placed the explosives around the generator.


"Anhhh!" I yelped in pain. I was being thrown across the room.


BadaBadaBada!! Sarah came in firing at a giant Droid looming over me. Thump! Thump!! Thump!!! The Droid walked closer and closer to Sarah. I then threw an explosive on the Droid's back and the last and final one on the generator. Katrriiiiip!!! I used my grappling hook to connect the Droid to the generator and started to run towards the cracked stone wall from where the Droid threw me. I then managed to break through the wall and Sarah and I met at the front and cocked the Lever... KaThoom!!! I felt a gust of hot air come. Sarah then handed me a helmet. I put it on until we were both picked up and thrown in opposite directions. The Type 400 G wasn't dead. How! How! A bunch of scenarios hit me then. The Droid was red from the heat. I noticed that my armor was giving in and melting slowly. I grabbed my sword and cut off the arm that held me. The Droid then slapped me to the ground while it ran to Sarah who was firing at it.


"No!!" I yelled and then fired one rifle Grenade at it.


Boom! It didn't stop. I struggled to get up. Until I heard a Clunk! I then looked up to see the Droid's clump Body but instead it was Sarah's dead body and the armor was what made the metal clanking noise. I was filled with anger and rage so I heaved 2 grenades at the Droid. Thoom!!! Boom!! The Droid No Effect but it was red hot. The Droid made its way towards me. while I forced myself up and limped away until that thing. I was then grabbed and I slickly Cut both of its arms with my sword and a moment later. KaThoom!!!! I was blown backwards and knocked out. I was awoken by a gust of wind. And my eyes opened, back into the world.


"I am ELITE." I said.


I then set off and found the tracks of hundreds of Droids. When I was at least 500 feet from the city we took over, I saw a Droid still alive crawling. I walked silently towards the Droid and gingerly cut off its head with my sword. It wasn't long before I heard gunfire and artillery fire in the distance. I took cover in a building and leaped from building to building. Almost as if I was an Assassin Droid. I crept slowly across to the other buildings. A few more buildings ahead of me were 4 Assassin Droids. So, I slid on my silencer and took out 2 of the Droids but the other 2 hid in a building. I ran swiftly to the building and took out my sword. One, two, three-!!


"What the!" I gasped as I looked at the Bodies. "I killed innocent people!" I shrieked.


I looked below and saw a hole from where the other two survivors hid. So... I went down to find both of them only because it was really dark.


"Huh!" Said a Voice


"We're saved!" Said the other.


"It's a Marine! A Marine from the Military!" Said the First.


"Help us!" Said the second "We were attacked by an Assassin Droid."


"Uhh, I believe that was me... you looked like Assassin Droids?" I said


It was then silent for a while until the first one said.


"We have a spike bomb and we need it to be planted somewhere in the Mammoth Ship that the Droids control."


"Okay... I will help you." I said Smiling.


We traveled again for a few weeks and almost got shot by actual Droids. We have to plant the Spike in the Engines room, I have a different plan though.


"Okay, we are here." The First one whispered.


The ship was gigantic and we'd have to take or steal a ship so that we could fly up onto the Mammoth Ship. My plan is to destroy the ruler of the droids... She controls all of them when awake or asleep. We call her THE DRoNE. I took out my sword and cut a hole large enough for us to get inside of the building. "Okay... let's take this ship!" Said the first one, named Hendrick.


"Ready?" Said the second, named Donner.


"Okay." Henderick said and then pulled his Gun at me.


CRACK!!! I fell down unconscious but aware of sounds around me.


"Should we take the armor? And the weapons?" Donner asked.


"No, The rifle is too heavy and the sidearm is also too heavy. The rest of her gadgets are the suit... let's go... take the pack." 


They left while a bunch of Droids went into the Hanger. I awoke and saw the Droids. Most were Assassin Droids and Type 6 Droid's.


I took out my sword and now that I was fully conscious, aware of everything.


Clank!! I was smacked to the wall.


"KnnnUhh!" I yelled in agony.


I got up and saw the impossibly giant Droid. I then noticed the Mammoth Ship Slowly falling.


"Look!" I yelled so that the Droids would look. 

They looked for a moment and then jumped onto the ships and flew to the Mammoth. There were only 43 and a half going while the other 2 were dead. I looked at my armor and then collapsed to the ground.

I awoke to the sound of screeching steel. I looked up and saw that I was being dragged. I was being dragged by 2 Droids. Ones I've never seen before. Where am I! I need to get out now!! Klaclunk!! One of the Droids way up ahead opened a big steel door. I tried to move but the Droids had a tight grasp on me. We walked for a few minutes until we reached a black door. It was 3 feet tall.

"Kssshhhhh... Iiinniiiddnneewwoooww!" a Droid Barked.

I was shoved to a crawling position and started forward. The room was dark. I still had my armor, or what's left of it. SLINK!!! My sword still worked, Katwitch!! And my grapple hook. But No Guns. I focused on the dark room for a while then. There's a dead mouse? A Skeleton of the remaining person who was here before me? A rusted pistol with 8 bullets, a skylight. Books? Paper, a Pencil, a painting? Last but not least, a Toilet? I stood there for a long time until I saw a Letter. 

Hi, I am the person who was here before you and I just wanted to let you know that there is a secret passage here... the painting. Slide it to the side and you will see a hole. In the hole is a way out of the cell but not the fortress. Try to find me in the Storage room. :).

P.S. There is also a gun if needed. I already have my own...

The letter was a bit confusing. So I kept reading it over and over again.

Kaslink! A tiny hatch opened on my door and the Droids slid my dinner inside.

It had Roasted potatoes along with a piece of beef. When the Droids walked away, I just stared at it.

"Scan this for any poisons," I said hoping it's not poisoned.

"The Food Is Not Poisoned." My helmet said.

I looked around clearly this time and scanned everything. Last but never least, The picture was a way out of the cell and into a little closet. I ate ravingly and grabbed the Sidearm.

"This better be right," I whispered to myself as I crawled into the hole. When I reached the destination. I saw a Droid. I aimed at it until it said.

"Don't Shoot. I am the one that wrote the letter." It said

"You... you're, It's a Droid?" I said, panicking.

"Well, not really? I am a Droid, yes... But I have a human Brain! I was put in there because of my actions, Now I want revenge. Which a Droid never feels but I do." It said Proudly.

"I am 24609 and you?" 24609 said.

"I am Amy, Let's just call you '9'," I said

"Okay, let's go, everyone. We have a Droid to stop!" 9 said.

I looked behind him and saw lots of people and Droids. They were all prisoners except for the big Type 400 which 9 told me was a prisoner of theirs. They put a chip they made into him which makes him think and act like a human. We barged out of the Storage room and then marched to the engineering room.

"What are we doing?!" I asked

"A few upgrades!" A little girl said.

I was really confused. When we got there. Max, Type 400 ordered the Real droids out of there and they listened. 9 then helped the others and put armor on them and other things like shin guards and helmets.

"Let's fix your armor," Max said. 

It took a few minutes and when we were all finished. I gave Sam a gun, he was human too like me. And my armor looked brand new. Max told the engineers could go back and none of them even hesitated.

"Time to find THE DR0NE." 9 Said.

We walked for hours and some Droids asked about us and Max just told them that they were to see the Queen immediately, in Droid language. We then finally made it to a big red sliding Iron door. Max opened it and there was THE DR0NE. It was a giant head attached to wires which held it.

"What would you like? Any news of the Girl? She must be so scared? She is a good and very skilled fighter though. When she is found, Work on her and make her a full droid but still have the skill to fight." THE DR0NE Said smiling. Is she talking about me? Max then walked up to THE DR0NE and said something.

Clamp!!! Max Grabbed THE DR0NE and punched her in the face. We all ran towards THE DR0NE while 9 Closed the Door and locked it.

"Get Off Of Mee!!!!!!" THE DR0NE Shrieked.

THOOM!!! THE DRONE Threw all of us off. I was closest and I ran towards her with all my might and Sliced the Wires.

Click!!! I looked around and then saw 9 collapses and max with the other hybrid Droids.

"No no no!" I yelled.

"Not yet!! We have to help them!!!" The Little girl screamed.

"We can't," I said Darkly, "THE DR0NE is dead, which means... no more Droids," I said

"No!! Getaway!!! I need 9!! He's a Friend! He is the only family I've got!!" The Little girl Shrieked.

I kneeled down to the little girl and put my hand out to her.

"Come on..." I said "We need to leave now. I can take care of you and maybe we could fix all of them up?" I said hoping that she would listen.

"You can call me Helen." She said, "9 called me 4 but you can too." Helen said and forced a smile.

"You should put on your helmet now." I smiled

She nodded and I pulled her up onto the ledge. We're gonna have to break the wall. The windows are too small.

"Hey, 4? Can you hand me over that explosive?" I asked

"Sure. Are you going to explode that wall?" She asked

"Yeah. Just enough for us both to fit through." I said smiling.

The problem is, The opening won't stay open. Only one of us could make it. I can do this!!! THOOM!!!

"4!! Run! Faster!!" I yelled.

I shoved 4 through the opening and then the hole was covered with Crumpled stone and steel pieces.

"Amy!! Amy!!!" 4 yelled as I looked around the area.

CRUMBLE CRUMBLE!!!!!!! I need to get out fast! I'm gonna have to go through the other cells. I ran through the red door and freed some people and told them to help me free others. Kathump! Kathump!! THUMP!!!

"AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" Someone yelled.

I looked to my left and saw a Droid... How did it? It's a lot bigger too... I know what it is now... Type No. 1000. THE DR0NES's secret Droids will exterminate all living beings when their queen is dead.

"RUN!!!" I yelled.

I ran as fast as I could and noticed that there were more of those Droids coming out of the walls. I then ran into one of the Droids. SMACK!! It smacked my helmet off. I panicked and didn't know what to do. I then bent down slowly and picked up my helmet. SLAMM!!! I was thrown to the wall. It senses movement. I played dead for a moment then. Thump! Thump-thump!! Kathump!!! While the Droid was gone, I finally made it to the Exit and Ran straight out Mammoth. I was free! I Am Free!! Wait... 4!! I ran all around the Wreckage of the Mammoth ship and noticed that 4 was in a hole.

"4? It's me? Are you alright?! It's me, Amy... come on. We need to get out of here." I said

I heard shifting and then 4 came out.

"I thought y-you were de-dead." 4 said sobbing

"Don't worry darling. I'm here for you, no matter what. Nothing will ever hurt you again."

It was a long, hot day. 4 noticed we were close to a city.

"What do you think?" I asked, "Go in, or keep traveling." I said

"Let's go in." 4 said.

It took about an hour for us to get there. We desperately needed water and food. It has been 3 days since the Mammoth incident. When we reached the City. Nature had taken over, like any other city we've seen. The differences were birds, deer, wolves, tigers, bunnies, insects, and a scaly looking creature with some hints of fur. Thwip!!! An arrow zipped right past my face and hit the ground.

"Who are you!" A female voice demanded.

"We are just civilians. We need food and water." 4 said

"We've come for help, and to warn you that THE DR0NE was destroyed." I said

"Wait here!" The female barked.

I heard some whispers and then a man came out of the shadows.

"Come... Follow me and we will take care of you. You aren't the first. Are you like a Marine?" He said

"I was a Marine and now there are few of us to help. I am a skilled fighter and I am happy to help. Just keep this little one safe." I said waving a hand at 4.

"Will do." He said.

We came across a roughly built wall and came by even more until we reached an opening. There was also a sign that said 'Welcome To The Safe Village'.

"I am Amy and this is Helen, she prefers 4." I said

"Okie Dokie. I am Gerald and That was my niece back there. We are just border controls. We watch the Borders for any possible Danger." Gerald said.

"Hey! It's Gerald here with some Fellow citizens?!" Gerald yelled.

The Gate Slid opened and I saw kids running around and a clean little river. There were also small houses enough to fit a family of 5.

"Is this Fake?" I asked "I mean, is this a dream?" I started.

"No no," Gerald chuckled.

"Go ahead, you can have a house that has a big tree going through the roof. No one wants it but I think you guys might." he said.

"Okay! Thanks!" I said.

4 and I walked until we saw it. The house was a two story house but there was a giant tree like he said, that went through the roof. We walked in and the inside was beautiful. The first floor had a spiral staircase which led upstairs. There was a kitchen to the left, and in the center of the first floor was a big annoying tree. The tree was as wide as a van and as tall as a 6 story building.

"I've got an Idea!" 4 said excitedly.

"What is your magnificent idea?" I asked

"We could cut a hole large enough for us both and maybe another person?!" She said,

"Okay, let's say this! I cut in the tree while you clean the kitchen." I said

"Yes!" She said

I took out my sword and started cutting below.

"Hey, look Amy! There's still some canned food here!" 4 yelled with delight.

"Okay, you can open it so that we can have 1." I said

I was halfway done before 4 was done finding which ones we should eat. She chose mashed potatoes and beans. We ate slowly and when we both finished, headed back to work. I finished before dark and we slept in the tree. The next day, we cleaned the stairs and I cut a hole small enough for just 4 to fit through for emergencies. The next day, we went out in the tiny village and traded for some supplies. I added boards to the door downstairs and instead of window shades, I put a metal sliding door to cover it at night. The next day, I added a trapdoor to the tree so that we could just open it and hide in the tree if needed. The Trapdoor was a tunnel which led to the inside of the tree where I kept my armor, weapons, and extra food and water. The next day, I fixed up the hole upstairs and did the same with her armor and food/water and a knife. The rest of the afternoon I put more boards on the back door and the upstairs windows. At night, I fixed up some cushions in the upstairs rooms. The next morning, I cleaned up more of the upstairs and when I was finished. In the afternoon, I got a letter.

Dear, Amy

You are needed in the ARMY MARINE CORPS. We have noticed new action in Prussia. Rumored that they are creating Droids and are sending them here to America where the Droid's would come and attack us. The Cold War is not yet finished. There are still conflicts in this world yet to be fixed. Find us in New York and try to be here ASAP.

From, Officer Barrad.

My hands trembled as I read the letter. My head was spinning and I was nauseous. I Thought the Marine Corps Was Gone. I sat down not knowing what to do.

"Amy? You Alright?" 4 asked.

"I have to go to New York." I said "A few miles away, we are in New Jersey. Jersey City."

4 Grabbed my hand with her small fingers and stroked my hair.

"I'll be alright. I've taken care of myself before Amy." 4 Said

"You sure Darling?" I asked

"I am for sure," She said and smiled.

"Alright then," I said knowingly that 4 was heartbroken and hurt to see me go away too.

I packed some food and my gear. Left most of the things I did not need and left 4 my helmet.

"Good luck," 4 Said and then goofed around with a salute.

I left the next morning and headed to New York. When I was halfway towards town until I noticed tents in the distance. It wasn't long before soldiers came up to me.

"Hi, Are you Amy? Serial Number N74mDkjE Sixth Soldier Squadron?" The first one asked.

"Yes I am, I got a letter from Officer Barrad?" I said

"Okay, follow us to the camp." The second one said,

We walked all the way to the largest tent where Commander Rex and Officer Barrad stood.

"You must be Amy," Said Commander Rex. I believe we've met, but we have a mission for you and others."

"Others?" I echoed

"Yes, you will be working with William, Diana, Kestrel, and Fedrick." Officer Barrad said.

"You're on tent 5 and thanks for coming, we need all of the help we can get." Commander Rex said.

I walked to Tent Five and saw my New Squad. William, Diana, Kestrel, and Fredrick.

"Fresh meat coming in," William said

"Shut up William! Stop being a pain!" Kestrel Barked.

"Hi, you must be Amy" Diana Said

"Yeah, so what's the mission?" I asked 

"None of us knows... yet," William said.

"I just told you to," Kestrel started.

"Just stop fighting for bloody sake!" Frederick Demanded.

"Oh, a British person here?" William said in a warningly but goofing way.

"Oh Brother, just stop!" Diana Said.

Ahhh, Memories are just nice! Just like the first day I met... Don't wanna think about it anymore. Right when William joked about Commander Rex Having a big brain but a small mind, Commander Rex and Officer Barrad came in.

"Am I interrupting something?" Commander Rex Asked.

I stood up and saluted and so did Diana and Fredrick.

"Ehem!" I said trying to remind William and Kestrel.

"What?" William Asked While Kestrel and the rest of us stood and saluted.

"You could take your seats, soldiers." Officer Barrad Said.

"So, you Soldiers will be going to Maine which is where Prussian forces will attack. We need you, Soldiers, to go there and set traps and ambushes while the other groups do their things such as Planning Airstrikes, Rolling Thunder, and Lightning War. Good Luck." Commander Rex Said.

Right before I was about to ask something, Rex and Barrad were out of the tent and about.

"Who's in charge?" Kestrel Asked.

"Me!!" William Yelled.

"No!!!" Diana, Kestrel, Frederick, and I said in unison.

"Let's have Amy do it, she's seen more action than us," Kestrel said.

"No, Let's have Diana be it. I trust that she could be a good leader." I said.

"Okay! Let's have Diana be then." Fedrick said happily.

When we finished our decision We were escorted to an armored transport truck. We were about two-fourths from our destination until the truck turned to flames.

"Get out!" I Ordered.

"Get to the field!" Diana Ordered.

We all ran to the field and so did the drivers. THOOM!!! The Transport Truck Exploded.

"Well, that was boring..." William Said.

"Oh stop, you'll be sorry for saying that." Kestrel Said.

The Drivers walked back to camp while we had to walk all the way to our destination.

"I'm bored, where's the action?!" William yelled.

"Stop being a baby, I bet you never even saw combat." Kestrel Hissed.

"You're right, this will be my first time in combat but I will destroy those Prussians and their Droids!!!" William yelled.

"Shhhhh." I hissed

We finally made it to Little Town. It was small and there weren't many people here. We walked till we reached the Supposedly enemy Camp.

"See anyone?" William whispered.

Pop!!! Pop pop pop pop pop pop pop pop pop!!!!!!!

The Houses in front of us were suddenly ablaze with gunfire.

"Get Down!!" I barked at my Squad.

Fedrick was too late and was shot on the shoulder and neck.

"Diana! You're a Corpsman! Fix him!." I Ordered.

"I thought I was Squad Leader?!" Diana Snapped back.

"Well, you're sure not acting like one! Help him while we cover you both!" I said.

Crack! Crack crack crack!!! Pop! Pop pop pop pop!!! Tadadadadadadadadadadadadadadadadadadadadadadadadadadada!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

"Incoming! Bombs Away!" William yelled as he threw the Grenade the wrong way and time.

BOOM!!! William was thrown back by his own grenade.

"Jeez, He's alright, He'll survive," Kestrel Said not caringly.

"Come on Guy's! We need to get out of here!" Diana yelled.

"Fedrick is dead! We Need to move!!!" Diana Ordered.

Our Army Crawled out of the Chaos and managed to get inside of a building which was occupied by a family of 4, a 15-year-old boy, a 16-year-old girl, and a mom and Dad. The whole family backed to a wall and pleaded for mercy.

"We're Friendly, We mean no harm." They said

"We're not here to hurt you," I said

"We're here to protect you and this country," I said.

"You need to leave this building, it's not safe, stay away as far as possible," Diana said.

The family packed their things and headed off. Barge The doors and windows. "Make sure everything is set and the basement is where we're gonna hide traps and explosives. While we'll be upstairs." I said as I fitted an Iron bar to the door.

The next thing I did was set traps in the basement, far enough so that the other explosives won't make a chain reaction.

"Alright, upstairs now." Diana Ordered.

We went upstairs and took our places. I was by the window that looked out to the road.

"Podoydi syuda!" A Prussian Ordered.

"Here they come," I whispered warningly to the others. 

"When should we fire?" William asked.

"Soon," I said. "Soon".

We waited until the enemy came upon our house. Doom doom doom!!!

"Open the door!" A Prussian yelled, struggling to say it in American.

My squad and I just sat there in the dark and waited.

Kachink!!! The enemy broke through the door.

Boom!!! One probably went downstairs and stepped on a trip mine.

"tam vnizu!!" An Enemy Ordered.

"We need to attack swiftly and quietly!" Diana Demanded.

We waited in the dark until we heard the thumping footsteps of the Prussian Troops and their deadly Droids at the front.

"Kssshhhhh... Ovvcerrrrthhhheeerrrr!" A Droid Yelled.

"We need to get out of here!" I demanded

Pfffffft!!! I looked outside and saw a bright red flare above.

"We need to move fast," Kestrel said.

"Diana, got a plan?" I asked

"No, not yet at least." She said

"Maybe we could just run for it and fire until the other marines come. They said to meet at the church, ''Let's go." She Ordered.

We ran through the dark house and waited for some of the Droids and other soldiers to pass us while we ran behind. It wasn't long before the siren went off and a few more flares lighted our way while soldiers spotted us.

"Keep your head low and keep running!" Diana Ordered

We made it to the center of town where the church was and inside were the other Marine Squads.

"Is this everyone now?" A Female asked in one of the Groups.

"There are or were 8 groups, we spotted the enemy and we now need to set explosives around the roads." Another female said.

"Then we have to wait for the Army to come." A Man said.

"Fox squad? Take the left-wing. Dog squad, Take the right. Duff Squad, take the center with the King squad. Queen squad, go to the right-wing with Fox and Greywolf? Go with Duff, Let's move!" Said The Girl in Queen Squad.

The left-wing was the market. The whole way, William was eating fruits and potatoes which were moldy or overripe.

"Are we almost there?" William complained.

"Your squad is annoying, why can't this kid here stop talking." Said the female nicknamed Arla in Duff Squad.

"Hey, I'm a man, no kid. I am 26 years old, a Grown man. No kid." William Snapped.

"Well act like it" Arla Snapped back "We're here, let's take positions."

I hid in a pile of moldy Potatoes while the other sniper, Hanna, took cover under one of the carts.

"Kshh... Alright guys we have company up ahead" Arla said through our mikes.

"Copy that," I said.

"Enemy spotted, at least 12 or more!" William panicked.

"Calm down, we have them on all sides," I said.

"I wonder how the others are doing, Now more than 50 troops are coming!" William Hissed.

"We might need to fall back!" Arla said worriedly

"We can do this," Kestrel said.

"We could throw some grenades as we fall back," Patrick suggested.

"Let's kill some now or soon and then run if there are more coming, it's an 8 against more than 50. We are overrun." Arla Said

"Let's get out of here," William complained.

We snuck out of the market but set explosives everywhere that looked dark or camouflage. I put an explosive inside of a big pile of scrap metal knowing that the metal would fling everywhere and hit the oncoming enemy.

"Kssshhhhh... Llloooccsssmmooovvv!" A Droid Ordered.

The Army moved out then until William stepped into a cart... THUMP! A Watermelon fell over.

Popopopopopopopopopopopop!!!!!! The Droids fired in Williams Direction while he ducked and rolled out of the action.

"Just as we needed," I said as the army came in our direction. BOOM!!! KABOOM!!! THOOM!!! Just as I planned, scraps of Steel shattered everywhere and set off other mines around the oncoming troops, and most pieces sliced into Droids and Prussian's necks and their center of body mass. It wasn't long before we all heard our other fellow Marines behind us.

"They're everywhere!" A Marine yelled from one of the groups.

"Don't let them get to us! Let's keep fighting!" Arla Demanded

"They're grinding us good! We should fall back before it gets worse!" Herdwen suggested.

We started to run, take cover, and fire... Repeat. Some of us fell while the rest of us ran in full terror.

"We're almost to camp!" William said

"Noo! Let's drive them away from camp!" I ordered.

We ran farther from camp until we reached a dead end.

"Nice Idea Amy! Now we're here to die! Brilliant!" William complained.

"William gets to that building ahead, Amy takes the upstairs of this building and fox squad, stay here with the rest while my squad and Amy's squad take to battle in the buildings." Arla Commanded.

Kestrel and I took the Building to the left while the full Duff Squad hurried out to the right.

"Well, I hope Diana and William are alright upfront. Grab your rifle and get set while I set up the magazines here." I said.

After I made 28 rows of fully loaded Magazines, Kestrel and I put on our nightgears and we were set.

"Kshh... Duff squad are you set?" I asked on the Walkie.

"Kshh... I repeat, Duff squad, are you ready?"

"Kshh... Roger that, we're set and ready to go, how is the rest of your squad?" Arla said on the walkie.

"Kshh... Diana, William, you set?" I asked.

"Kshh... Yes, we're set and ready. The enemy is about... 200 yards." Diana responded.

"Kshh... Roger that." I said

We waited in silence while the squads below got set. One squad got an M70 heavy Machine Gun set while the others were marksmen. They also had a flame trooper which was aimed effectively against Droids and human flesh.

"Kshh... Incoming!" Diana Hissed on the walkie.

"Kshh... Incoming!" I said to Arla too while her group warned the others.

Thump Thump Thump Thump Thump... The enemy marched closer and closer.

It wasn't long before any of us noticed that the Droids were at the front while the human Prussian and Russian Soldiers were behind. A Droid shield... a full wall made of shooting steel and Netherseal.

"Wait for it!" I heard one of the soldiers in the squads below say.

"Why are we waiting!" I asked

"Wait till they get close for more damage." He hissed.

Squid head! Yelled in my head as the enemy drew closer.

Tadadadadadadadadadadadadadadadadadadadadadadadadadadada!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We started to fire and the Droids fell instantly and the flames of the flamethrower made the Russian and Prussian soldiers scream in agony and the Metal of the Droids melted slowly.

"There's too many of them!" I heard a man from one of the squads scream.

Kathunk!! Kathunk!! Kathunk!!

"Ssshhhh... Exterminate!" A Droid yelled.

I looked behind our enemy and saw it. It was the Drones Secret Guards. The Type 1000's. They were ripping Russian and Prussian soldiers in two while they fired. Droids and Droids fought each other now. A Battle between two different Droids. One originated from America and the other from Russia/ Prussia.

"We need to get out of here!" Arla Demanded.

"It's Chaos everywhere!"

"We're gonna have to get out of the back doors of the buildings.”

The author's comments:

END OF STORY ONE. STORY II IS IN PROGRESS. STORY TWO: (GREEN PARADISE)  may take a while. Elite took almost a year. 

We made it to the back of the buildings while William and Diana made it around the other buildings. Behind the buildings, there was a river but something was wrong... The river was Black.

"Is Diana and William Here?" I asked.

"No sign," Kestrel said worriedly too.

"You guys go ahead, get far away from here and warn the others while I find Diana and William.

Arla rounded the squads or what's left of it and headed for the camp. It wasn't long before I saw Williams Corps and a trail of bloody footprints that led to a burned outbuilding. The ruble was scrambled everywhere now. I crouched as Droids marched by. I jumped through a broken window and crept upstairs. There she was, Diana was lying on the floor. Her lifeless body and her brown hair were drenched. I was just about to walk back downstairs until I noticed a tripwire. How did I not set it off when I walked up here? I walked over it and noticed that I was being watched. I slowly walked backward and heard it. Kathump! Another Assassin Droid, but this one was louder. Newer though. I slowly walked out of the burned building and then ran. I heard heavy footsteps behind me while I ran. I zigzagged around buildings and jumped into a trash can. I couldn't pull out my rifle so I was forced to pull out my pistol. There it was. A skinny Droid painted Black and a hint of dark Brown. I took aim and fired. 

Tink!! The Droid fell while I jumped out of my hiding spot. Am I still being followed? How many other Droids are here watching me?! I took a longer path to camp. Guns pointed at me.

"It's me... Amy, Diana, and William are Dead." I said, exhausted.

"Open the gates," a soldier said.

A few hours later...

"You say that they recreated Assassin Droids? That's just insane!" Commander Rex Exclaimed.

"Well, see for yourself. I bet the body is still there." I offered.

"Okay, I believe you." Commander Rex said.

"We need to make a plan to get rid of the Enemy but first, let's take care of the Type 1000. There are 1000 in each state. So we need to move fast, how are we on recruits?" Arla Said.

"We have new ones every day but there are still too few." A female from the fox squad said.

"I agree with Jannet there though, there aren't many of us yet." Officer Barrad explained.

"Then we'll have to wait," Arla said

"But not too long," Kestrel concluded

We had a little lunch made up of canned goods such as Spiced ham, Beans, Rice, and some spinach.

A few days later...

"So, are you sure about this Recon Mission?" Kestrel asked childly.

"I am pretty sure," Arla Explained for the hundredth time.

The next few hours we spotted or should I say, Heard the type 1000's. At least 43 were marching around.

"I see about 43 or more," Arla said.

"I agree," I said. "Let's get back and report."

We walked back to camp until I was shoved down and a Droid pulled out a pistol without hesitation. The Droid's foot was on my chest, well chest plate but the weight of the Droid was heavy. I closed my eyes awaiting my death.

Crack!!!

I opened my eyes and saw Kestrel with a rifle with smoke coming out of the barrel. The Droid wobbled and fell.

"Thanks, William, That Droid almost had me," I said thankfully.

"Yeah, you're welcome." She said looking into space.

"You okay?" I asked.

"Yeah, let's go," she said.

"It's alright Arla, Kestrel saved me here," I explained.

"I see that, let's move," Arla said.

The rest of the way Arla was acting weird. She kept staring at Kestrel and I but not the kind like are you okay? More like I'm gonna do something to you, look.

"You okay Arla?" Kestrel asked.

"Yes, I'm fine," Arla responded roughly.

"Just asking?" Kestrel said, putting her hands up.

When we got nearly half a mile to camp Arla fell.

THUNK!!!

"Arla!" I yelled in panic.

"Kestrel, search the area," I ordered.

I took off Arla's helmet which revealed a tiny hole at the bottom of her helmet. I peered more closely at it and saw a greenish yellowish liquid oozing out... Poison.

"Kestrel come here, let's move fast," I said, as I scanned the roofs.

It wasn't long before we both heard the gunfire in the distance and smoke rising from the camp.

"Let's go, quietly," I said sternly.

We crept to the front gates and saw a type 1000 looming over one of the soldiers and was just about to crush his head.

Crack!!! The Droid fell.

"Nice shot Kestrel, you saved that man's life," I said surprised.

We moved into the camp and ran behind the tents until we spotted the battle. Droids were everywhere, from the roofs to the ground all attacking our soldiers.

Tadadadadadadadadadadadadadadadadadadadadadadadadadadada!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Men were continuously firing as the Droids slammed into fellow soldiers.

"Get to the transport vehicles!" I heard Commander Rex Announce.

Tadadadadadadadadadadadadadadadadadadadadadadadadadadada!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We were overrun, there were hundreds of type 1000's. We slowly backed to the vehicles and fired at the same time. We finally made it all the way to the transports as men boarded and some of us had to stay to fire. I was one of those that stayed. I told Kestrel to go with the others while I fired at the expanded army of type 1000's. When the rest of the transport's left we ran behind trying to catch up as the soldiers in the transport fired at the Droids behind us. When all of us made it in the transport I was cold. It wasn't a while till I felt the warm fluid flowing down my stomach. I was very tired and couldn't move for a while, I wanted to sleep but didn't want to. I was afraid that I wouldn't wake up.

"I'm... gonna go to... sleep," I said.

I fell over and heard yelling. I couldn't make up what they were saying but everything went black the next moment. A few hours later, well... for me. I was in a white room. At The nursery, I got up from my bed but felt a wave of pain as I got up.

"Woah, slow down." a Nurse said

"You've been gutshot." a man next to me said.

I was very thirsty and was dying for water.

"You can't drink very fast." the Nurse said.

I thanked her and took tiny sips.

"How long has it been since I passed out?" I asked.

"2 years," the Nurse said worriedly.

Two years? How... Is the war over? Are all of the Droids destroyed?

"The Droids are gone." said a familiar voice.

I looked to my left and saw her. Kestrel was standing there with a missing arm. All there was was a stump.

"What happened?" I asked.

"I was blown by a land mine but the armor saved most of me." she said.

"The Russians and Prussians resigned and destroyed all of their Droids. The Cold War is over." Kestrel said, forcing a smile.

"Why was I put in hyper sleep?" I asked.

"You lost a bunch of blood, almost too much, you also had surgery." Kestrel explained.

"You were neered dead." She said again.

I sighed with relief and took another sip of my water.

The War was Over, I should've been happy. I was more anxious though. We'll have to rebuild this world.

"Amy, the Nuclear Bombs have destroyed this world. The world is in ruins now. We need help from everyone. Everyone we can get.



Similar books


JOIN THE DISCUSSION

This book has 0 comments.