The Rise of the Shadow King, | Teen Ink

The Rise of the Shadow King,

December 8, 2023
By Eon_Adame, Houston, Texas
More by this author
Eon_Adame, Houston, Texas
0 articles 0 photos 0 comments

Two years ago,


“Specialist Kamiya Katsuro,” his superior says. “Yes sir”, “Congratulations, you are now a Sergeant.” Kamiya, speechless, lets out a big gentle smile, and says, “Thank you, Sir.” He spots his fiance, a beautiful woman, with a gentle smile, named Yoneda Grace. He waves with a big smile on his face, his fiance, waves back, with a heart warming smile on her face, she was happy for her fiance’s achievement. Sergeant Kamiya, 18 years old, one of the youngest sergeants ever, currently engaged. Some admire his abilities, some fear him, he climbed the ranks with ease and determination. His superiors were disgusted at the fact a mere teen is already high in ranks, one of them was Sergeant Major Leon. He believes a mere child shouldn’t be able to be a sergeant. After the ceremony, Katsuro and his fiance, Grace, decided to celebrate his achievement, with a party. They invited everyone they know, family and friends. “Aye son, I’m proud of you my boy!!” he says while having his arm around him.

 

“Thanks dad” he says, while smiling. A few hours go by, Katsuro cleans the house, his finance Grace walks in and says, “How was the party dear?” with a smile. He smiles and says, “The best party I ever had, but compared to the one I planned for our wedding, it's going to be even better.” Grace smiles and says, “I can’t wait dear, by the way, I set up the bath for you.”, he walks up to his wife, kisses her head and says, “Thank you dear” Grace smiles, and Katsuro finishes cleaning. He goes to the bath, strips his clothes, and gets into the bath. His war/battle scars still burn till this day. He got his scars in the previous wars, his finance knows about them, she comforts him through them. He has nightmares about the wars, but since Grace is here, he has been sleeping peacefully. Katsuro soaks himself in the bath, he hears a knock on the door, “Come in” the door opens, Grace is there, she walks in and says, “Need me to wash your back dear?” Katsuro nods and says “please dear” she smiles and walks to him. He sits up and Grace begins washing his back. He holds one of her hands while she washes his scars. 

 

He showed her his scars a few years after they got together. He thought that she would be disgusted with him, but it was the opposite, she loved him regardless of his scars. Katsuro was really happy that he is loved by her. Grace pours water all over him, Katsuro says, “Are you sure you're ok with washing me dear? I just feel bad making you help me.” Grace kisses his head and says, “Like I said before dear, I don’t mind washing you dear, you've been through alot, it's only right as your fiance, and wife to take care of you.” He kisses her hand, and holds it against his face. A few minutes later, he dries off, and puts on new clothes. He meets with Grace in the bedroom, he lays down, while she reads a book. He snuggles next to her, while she reads, Grace rubs his head. Katsuro eventually falls asleep, while holding her, Grace smiles and kisses his head.

The author's comments:

a flash back on how they met.

Grace Yoneda, age 19, a half elf. The Fiance of Kamiya Katsuro, she met him, two years before he was granted the rank of Sergeant. It was during the war, a blast threw him towards her village. “Where?, where am I?” He tried to get up, but couldn’t. He’s greeted by Grace, “Try not to move too much, you got a few broken bones, along with a broken rib.” Katsuro stares at her. ‘She's, very pretty, and an elf too’, she notices him and he looks away while blushing. Another elf walks in, “Oh good, he’s awake.” Grace gets up, “How's he doing?”, “he’s doing well father.”, ‘Father?, that’s her father?’ “That's good.” He walks to Katsuro, and Katsuro tries to get up. “Relax son, I won’t hurt you, you're already hurt as it is.” Katsuro sits up slowly, “Why did you guys save me?, aren’t I your enemy?” He pauses for a minute, and says, “Yes, you and your country were our enemies, but I sense good in you, my daughter as well, plus, we couldn’t just leave you to die by the enemy country.” Katsuro pushes through the pain to bow, “Thank you, both, for saving me, I’m in your debt.” Grace speaks up and says. “It’s fine, don’t worry about it” Katsuro lifts up his head, and smiles. “My names Katsuro, Katsuro Kamiya” Grace smiles and says, “My names Grace, Grace Yoneda.” 

 

Hours have gone by, Grace is wringing out a towel, “Time to clean those wounds.” Katsuro says, “I’ll be fine” . He tried to get up, but couldn’t. Grace runs to him and say’s, “You must not get up, you haven’t fully recovered.” He tries keeping his balance, but falls onto his knees. “There’s people coming this way, from our enemy territory.” An elf slams the door open, and falls to the floor. Holes through his body, Shot sixteen times in the chest. Grace gasps, Katsuro scouts the room for his gun. AN enemy soldier walks in, begins pointing the gun at Grace. Everything seems in slow motion, Katsuro finds the strength to move. He pushes Grace out the way, the man fires and shoots Katsuro. The bullet goes through his side, he falls on one knee. Grace gasps, and freezes in fear. The main reloads, Katsuro finds a knife on the ground next to him. He Grabs it, and throws it at the man's throat, the man shoots again, the bullet luckily misses and grazes his cheek. Katsuro's adrenaline takes effect, he gets up and charges the man. He tackles him to the ground, grabs the man's gun and shoots him.

 

Another man charges in and kicks him off, the man is about to shoot. He feels a sharp pain in his lower back, Grace stabs him. He turns back, but before he could do anything, Katsuro shoots the man in the head. He falls to the ground, and Katsuro feels relieved that he was able to kill the men and save Grace.

‘I have to stop the bleeding, Damn, I'm starting to lose consciousness, but what about Grace?’ Grace runs towards him, “You ok?? Stay with me Katsuro, please!!” ‘ It won’t stop bleeding, my body won’t move, my vision, it's getting blurry.’ The last thing Katsuro see’s, is Grace crying for him to get up. Katsuro passes out. Grace looks around for anyone or anything that can help. She hears people outside the hut, they sounded like enemy forces. She looks around for somewhere to hide Katsuro

and herself, once she and Katsuro were hidden, she heard footsteps. One of the guards walks in, “Search the room, they couldn’t have gone far.” Grace and Katsuro, hide in a secret spot underneath the floorboard. “Whenever you're in trouble, hide here”, “What about you father?”, “I’ll be fine Grace,  daddy will be alright.” The men eventually leave, Grace starts to feel relieved. 

 


‘Now, I must treat Katsuro’s wounds’ Gina manages to stop the blood, wraps his wounds in bandages, and gives him medicine. A few minutes have gone by, she checks if the coast is clear. ‘Alright, they seem to have left, it's time to go find my father.’ She looks at Katsuro and says “I’ll be back, wait for me, I'll get some help.” and leaves. Grace grabs a weapon, and sets off. Walks out of the hut. She sees her whole village in ruins, fire, and body’s everywhere. She looks around for any sign of life left, the only thing she sees is dead body’s of the enemy and her own people. ‘I wonder if the other’s survived, and my father too.’ She walks around in search of her father, or any life left. An enemy soldier reaches out and grabs her arm. Grace pulls out a gun and shoots the man in the head. The man lets go, Grace calms her breathing, and continues searching. ‘I gotta hurry’ Grace hurry’s back to the hut, whenever she got there, the aura felt weird towards the inside. ‘This feeling, Oh No!! KATSURO!!’ Grace runs into the hut, “KATSURO” she gasps, the horror in her eyes, she couldn’t mutter a word nor sound. She stood there shaken in shock.

Grace sees all of her people hanging from ropes, body parts missing, blood everywhere. She spots her father staked to a wall, nails securing him. No sign of Katsuro, she stands there in fear, an enemy hits her to the ground. “The chief's daughter, CAPTURE HER!!! '' Some of his men grab her, she tries escaping, the men kick her in the gut. “You would go for a good price” the man laughs, Grace looks at him with fear in her eyes, the men tear pieces of clothing off her. They all laugh with devious grins, Grace cry’s out for help, “KATSURO!1!” Katsuro opens his eyes, he busts out the hiding spot, with lighting speed, he slashes all of the men with his sword, their leader surprised with a shocked expression. “Damn you!!!” He pulls out a gun, fires at Katsuro, dodges it with ease, and cuts off his arm. His ability allows him to read his opponents movements, and knows what they're gonna do, along with granting insane amounts of speed. He takes a deep breath, and finishes off the enemy with one slash, cryptic slash. He lands the slash, cutting off his limbs. The man falls to the ground, his limbs exploding on impact. He turns to Grace, “Sorry it took so long, you ok?” Grace looks at Katsuro, admiring his form, she snaps out of it. She tears up and throws herself into Katsuro’s arms.


 


“Thank you for saving me!!” she says sobbing. Katsuro holds her, “Your welcome” he takes off his cloak and wraps it around her nude body. “ I sense someone here” he cuts the nails to free her father. He looks into Grace’s eyes, “I’ll be back” she nods. “Well well well, that’s some form” an enemy has appeared, he moves Grace out the way and blasts towards him. He appears in front of him and goes for a slash, the man dodges in time and smirks. “Impressive.” Katsuro goes for repeated slashes, he continues dodging. Katsuro manages to leave a few cuts on him, ‘Dang, this kid’s good, but how long will his body last?" he pulls out a sword, and starts exchanging blows. Katsuro charges up an attack, the man grins, ‘Will he have enough energy to land it though?’ The man closes his eyes and breathes slowly. “CRYPTIC SLAH!!!” Katsuro roars as he slashes, the man opens his eyes and lets the slash land. A big explosion happens, Grace and her father manage to find a place for cover. The smoke clears, a figure emerges from the smoke, he blocks the blade with magic. “Seems like you're having trouble, Otani Isao” Isao laughs and says “You can say that” Katsuro form wears off, “I’ll finish this now” the man blasts Katsuro towards the wall of the hut. “KATSURO!!” she runs to him, “Thanks for the assist, Mano Ken'Ichi.” he looks at Isao, “Not a problem” they both look at Katsuro, “He will be troublesome if we leave him alive, I suggest we dispose of him, before he finds a way to master his form, and that power.”

 

Isao nods, and they start walking to them. Grace holds Katsuro and says, “Don’t come any closer”  A bullet stops them in their tracks, they look up, “The empire’s pests” Isao smirks and says, “The dogs of the military”, The man scoffs and says “No one hurts my underling” he reloads another round. “Oh yea what are you gonna do about it?” he smirks, and says “This” A big explosion happens. Ken’Ichi and Isao managed to get far away from the blast. “We’ll leave for now, we’ll dispose of him later” they vanish, and leave no trace behind. Grace, her father, and Katsuro are safe far away from the blast. “We're alive” Grace says while crying tears of joy. Her father smiles and says “Yea” the mysterious man appears, Grace holds Katsuro tightly and says “Thank you for saving us” the man shakes off debris and says, “Not a problem, couldn’t let my youngling die on me” Grace looks at him and says “So you know Katsuro?”, “I do indeed, he’s a part of my squad” he looks at her, “You must be an elf, I do apologize for what we did to ya’ll decades ago” her father speaks up and says “We forgive you, y'all made it up to us, by protecting us, and making us part of y’alls country, by the way, can we get your name sir?.” He clears his throat, “The names Takano Koichi” The chief says “It's nice to meet you Takano Koichi, my name is Yoneda Atsushi, this is my daughter, Grace Yoneda.” Grace bows. “Take care of the young Kamiya, I’ll send some of my men to treat you and your people’s wounds. Tell him I said “good work, you made me proud” he’s done good for his age. ” Koichi leaves, leaving behind a note behind.

A year has gone by since the war, it calmed down for a bit. Just enough for the people and their cities to rebuild their land. Katsuro has been living in The chief’s and Grace’s village, though some of his colleagues didn’t like the elfs, they think of them as “non-humans”, Katsuro ignored their hateful comments, so did Grace and the other’s. Everyone loved and took in Katsuro as their own, during this time span of Katsuro living with them. He had grown a strong relationship with Grace, they eventually started dating, a few months after the events. His superiors, along with Koichi, approved of him living there; they actually sent a few citizens, along with soldiers to be placed and live there. They lived in harmony, no troubles between the two races, they coexisted with each other. Grace's father, Atsushi, approved that Katsuro take his daughter Grace's hand. In both being together, and marriage. Katsuro sharpens his blade, Grace walks, “Hello dear” she says, with a smile on her face. Katsuro stops sharpening, “Hello love, how are you?” Grace runs to him and says, “I’m good love” she hugs him. He smiles and says, “what brings you here?” He kisses her head. “Just wanted to see my love” he smiles and says, “Why don’t we go for a walk?” Grace nods, “Okay”

 

They leave the house, and begin their stroll. Grace held his hand, while they walked, people greeted them and waved as they walked by. “So, have you ever thought about wanting to get married?” Katsuro looks at her and says, “Yes, me and you getting married I've thought about for awhile.” Grace blushes, and says, “M-me too” she snaps out of it and say’s, “Have you managed to hold that form of your’s for a longer time period?”, Katsuro nods, “Yeah, I manage to keep a hold of it, and control its power.” she smiles and says, “That’s good” Katsuro nods. Hours later, the two got to rest together, “So, more tattoos appear on your body, everytime you use that form?” Katsuro nods, “Yea, they just appear, sooo like, my whole body is covered” Grace looks up and says, “I wonder if they go away” 

 

Meanwhile, Chief Atsushi attends a meeting with the Country of Silas, the country where Katsuro came from. The president attends, along with his 10 best guards and generals. The chief brings bodyguards, “I’m glad you were able to make it, Mr.?”, “Yoneda, my last name, full name, Atsushi Yoneda, it's an honor meeting the people who blessed my daughter with a fine gentlemen”. “The pleasure is all mine, Katsuro is a fine vessel, I mean Soldier, his attributes surpass many soldiers and S-rank Soldier’s. He’s one of the top soldier’s, out of 200,000 S-rank super human’s, that’s only super human’s, we have 100 million soldiers in this whole military and country. He ranks in the top 20, ranking 15, he has a gift so powerful that it can surpass even the number 5 S-rank, if he can master it.” Number 5 speaks up and says, “You know damn well he can’t, just because he climbed the ranks and took out a whole fleet of soldiers and an entire army, doesn’t mean he can surpass me.” Atsushi stands there amazed, “But why would he live in an elf village, no disrespect to Chief Atsushi, but isn’t that a little weird.” one of the elves stood up and said, “It’s not weird at all!!!” he says with anger.

 

Atsushi stops him from talking any further, “But chief” he shakes his head and says, “Don’t let it get to you” He faces them and says, “It’s not weird at all, he stays, not only for us, but for my daughter, he plans on marrying her.” The generals gasp, along with the other’s, “Marriage you say, I’m proud of him, he finally has someone for him.” Atsushi recognizes that voice, “Mr. Takano” He smiles and looks at the chief, then back to them. “Mr. president, if one of our own men, wishes to live outside of the military’s bunking, but still corporates with us, why don’t we let the boy live in the village with his fiance, regardless of race, since these other superiors don’t like the fact that one of their soldiers are happy.” the other generals give mean glares, number 4 raises her hand and says, “I have no objections, though, i’m a little jealous.” she frowns, The president opens his eyes and says, “If you insist we let him live there, I have no objections, so it's decided,  YOU ALL will give him y’alls full support, UNDERSTAND!!” “YESSIR!!!1"They say really loudly, “Good, that concludes this meeting, take care” He leaves the room along with the other’s. The chief sigh’s, “Ready to go sir?” Atsushi nods and says, “Let’s go”

 

A few hours go by, Katsuro and Grace were laying down together asleep, they hear a knock on the door, Katsuro wakes up, and get’s out of bed. Grace grabs onto his arm, “I’ll be back luv, just heard a knock” Grace let’s go, and wraps herself up. Katsuro walks to the door, he opens it, Grace follows behind, “Who is it-” the man at the door shoots a bullet into Katsuro’s head, Katsuro falls back. Grace stands there shocked in fear, she stares in horror. Katsuro falls to the ground, Grace look’s down to see her soon to be fiance, dead on the ground. Tear’s fall from her eyes, then the man shoots her, with a smirk on his face. Grace wakes up, in horror, she looks around to find that Katsuro is fast asleep, next to her. She starts crying, and Katsuro wakes up and says, “What’s wrong love?” Grace continues balling her eyes out, he holds her tight and says, “What’s wrong dear?”Grace while crying say’s, “Y-You’re alive” Katsuro kisses her head, “Of course I'm alive, did you have a nightmare?” Grace nods while wiping her tears, “Y-you died when you answered the door, someone was knocking, you opened the door, and someone who was dressed in green and silver, S-shot you” she continued crying, Katsuro comforts her and says, “It’s ok love, I’m here, I’ll always be here for you.” Grace sniffles and says, “Y-you promise?” Katsuro smiles and says, “I promise” They both kiss, and a knock comes from the door. Katsuro looks at the door, and Grace hides in his chest. “It’s ok love, I’ll be careful luv, I promise, by the way, what was he wearing?’ Grace wipes her tears and says, “Green and silver” Katsuro nods, ‘So, one of these soldier’s, are secretly working for the empire’ He opens the door, the guy gets ready to shoot, Katsuro dodges and performs a take down.

 

“Who are you!!” Katsuro yells, The man grunts and says, “I’m not telling ya” Katsuro breaks his arm, “Who are you!!” The man screams in agony, “I, I work for-” a gunshot, Katsuro looks down, the man is dead, shot in the head. Katsuro jumps off and walks back to Grace, “You ok?” Katsuro nods, “There’s a sniper nearby” Soldier’s run in and say, “y’all ok??” Grace nods, “There’s a sniper, Protect her at all costs, Understand?!!!” The soldier’s salute, “YESSIR!!!” He kisses Grace and says, “I’ll be back luv, wait for me” Grace nods, “Be careful” he nods and gives her one more kiss. He gear’s up, and rushes to find the sniper. Grace faces the guards, “Turn around so I can change” The nod and turn around. She begins changing, “In the meantime, begin doing whatever you can to protect me.”, “YES MA’AM!!!” Katsuro continues tracking down the sniper, ‘Where is he?’ the sniper aims at him, from 30 meters, takes aim, and fires. Katsuro cuts the bullet in half, and looks directly at the sniper. The sniper smirks and says, “Not surprised, you are ranked number 15.” Katsuro activates his form, His eye’s glare with the prettiest of silver, his aura glow’s white, and a hint of silverary black. He pulls out his sword, and moves lightning fast. The sniper smirks, Katsuro appears behind him, “Cryptic.. Slash” before he can look back, Katsuro cuts him in half. “I gotta hurry back” Grace sit’s on a chair waiting for Katsuro to return, while the soldier’s guard. A few minutes later, there was a knock on the door, Grace looked at the door and whispered, “Is that him?” one of the guard’s checks, and nods. Katsuro, enter’s, and is welcomed with a hug, “I missed you sooo much” Grace says while tearing up. Katsuro form wear’s off, and says, “Glad to be home” with a smile on his face.


A few months later, Katsuro and Grace had their first child, A half human, half elf. They named their newborn child, Sora Yoneda Kamiya, combining both their last names. They got engaged before the baby was born, they were one happy family. With Grace having visions of the future, and the ability of healing, her fiance Katsuro, has the ability to read his enemy’s movements, able to basically tell the outcome of his battles in his favor. Able to surpass the strongest of warriors. Though, there were some who feared their child’s potential, that man was specifically, Sergeant Leon. He feared that combined with those godly abilities, could reveal the government’s secret. He’ll do anything to try to end his bloodline.

 

Grace lays in bed with their child, “Isn’t she adorable” she says joyfully. Katsuro smiles, “She does indeed, looks just like her mother.”  Grace smiles, “She has your eyes too” Katsuro smile’s and kisses her head. “Oh yea, aren’t your parent’s coming to see the baby?” Katsuro nods, “Yeah, they should be here later today.”, she nods and kisses their child Sora, “Need anything love?” Grace shakes her head and says, “I have everything I could want, a loving husband, a beautiful child, a loving family” Katsuro smiles, “The same goes for me as well love” and kisses her head. Grace falls asleep while holding the baby, meanwhile, Katsuro prepare’s dinner. His superiors allowed him to stay home, and take care of his family. A few hours have gone by, Grace eventually wakes up, she walks to the kitchen holding the baby. Katsuro prepares a plate for her, “How was your nap dear?” He puts the plate on the table.

 


“My nap was good love,” she sits down at the table, Katsuro hold’s their child while she eats. “Thanks for the food dear, it smells amazing.” She starts eating, “It’s good too” Katsuro smiles and says, “I'm glad you like it, has the baby eaten?” she nod’s, “Good”, “Will you eat as well love” Katsuro prepare’s his plate, “Yes, I will.” A few minutes later, Katsuro’s parents arrive. “How are you doing son!!” his father says, his father is a military vet. He passed down his power to his second son, Katsuro. His father hugs him, Katsuro smile’s and says, “I’m doing well dad.” His mom runs straight to Grace, “How are you dear?” she says excitedly, Grace smile’s and says, “I’m doing well Ms Kamiya.” while holding Sora. “This must be my granddaughter,” his mother says. “Don’t be too loud mom, you might wake up the baby” Katsuro says. “It’s fine Kat, this isn’t my first rodeo.” Grace looks up, “Kat?” His mom laughs, “Oh yea, that’s right, we called him that when he was little. He didn’t like it as much”, “Well duh mom, you and dad kept teasing me.” His mom and dad laugh, “May I hold her dear?” Grace nods and gives Sora to her. “She’s so cute, looks just like her mother.” Grace giggles and says, “Thanks, that’s what Katsuro said as well.”

 

Katsuro’s dad stands beside Katsuro, “I’m proud of ya son, you blessed me and your mom with a beautiful girl, your siblings will be happy as well.” Katsuro smiles, “Yea, speaking of them, where are they?” His dad laughs and says, “On their way right now, except for your eldest brother, he’s-”, Katsuro cuts him off, “Yeah, I just know he’d be happy that his younger brother blessed him with a niece,” the atmosphere got intense for a moment. That broke when his three elder sister’s entered, “Hey baby bro.” Katsuro turn’s around, his three elder sister’s hug him. “You grew so much,” his eldest sister says. “Oh yea, Grace, these are your sister in law’s, meet Amaterasu the eldest, Ayaka, and Kiku,” Kiku is the first to meet Grace, “Oh my, you are so beautiful, an elf too, Katsuro, you never told us you were married to a goddess.” She teases Katsuro. “And your baby is so cute too.” Ayaka moves Kiku out the way, “Hello, my name is Ayaka, Ayaka  Kamiya, yes I am married, just made my husband part of the family.” Amaterasu walks to Grace and says, “Hello, my name is Amaterasu Kamiya, thank you for taking care of my younger brother, he’s been through so much when he was younger.” Grace smiles and says, “It’s my pleasure, I love him so much, I saved his life once.” They look at him, “What?” Katsuro says.

 

She looks at Grace, “Welcome to the family” Grace smiles and says, “Thanks”, they ate dinner, Grace and Katsuro’s family grew closer. They eventually leave, and Katsuro clean’s and washes the dishes. Grace sit’s down on the couch holding the baby, “I love your family” Katsuro smile’s and says, “I’m glad, oh yeah, I haven’t told you, I have 3 younger sister’s as well.” Grace kisses Sora’s head and says, “really, so that means, you have six sisters.” She continues, “Do you have any brothers?” Katsuro’s expression changes, “Yeah, I did at one point, I can’t forgive him for what he did '', “I’m sorry” Grace said. “For what dear?”, “For bringing it up.” Katsuro walks to Grace and holds her hand. “It’s fine my love, I was gonna tell you anyway, look at me” Grace looks up at him, he smiles and says, “It’s fine dear, don’t worry about it, I'll tell you the story later, in meantime, why don’t we get some sleep.” Grace smiles and kisses him, “Sounds good dear.” They walk to their bed, Katsuro strips and gets into bed. Grace puts the baby down in the middle of them, and lays down. Katsuro kisses Grace and Sora’s heads, “Goodnight my love.” Grace smile’s and says, “Good night my love.” and kisses him.

The child who was envious of his youngest brother, he was supposed to be born with the power’s his father had. But he instead passed them down to his youngest son, Katsuro. That enraged him so much, he vanished. He moved to another country, which turns out to be their main enemy. These countries have been fighting each other for the longest time. “Why was he blessed with your powers, why him and not me?” he says angrily. “Because Kazuo, you're not ready”, “But he is? That’s not fair.” His father sigh’s, “Look son-”, Kazuo pushes him, “Don’t touch me, you pick him rather than me.”, "That's not-”, “SHUT UP!!!” Kazuo says with anger. His power grew stronger the more he got angry. 

 

 “Son”, he looked at his father, “I’m no longer your son, and I don’t consider you my father, farewell.” He take’s one last look at his family, his siblings, then Katsuro, who’s still a baby.  He looks at him in disgust,  he leaves, never to be seen again. He was always envious of his younger brother Katsuro, just because their father blessed him with his power. Kazuo is the oldest, he was 11 when he left, Amaterasu was 8, Ayaka 6, Kiku 4, and Katsuro a few months old. Amaterasu runs out, “Where’s Kazuo?” Their father walked to her, kneeled and said, “He’s gone, he’s never coming back.” Amaterasu, shocked and says, “W-why though, where did he go?” Their father shed a tear, “I don’t know dear” he wipes his tears, picks her up and says, “Let’s go inside.” 

 

Years later, everyone forgot about that day, or tried at least. That day was unforgettable, they had to witness one of their kids leave. Kiku, Ayaka, don’t really remember the day, their father told them the story, the truth on why he gave his power to Katsuro. He told them when they were a little bit older, “The truth is, I sensed evil in him, I was worried he would use the power for evil, therefore I decided to wait to pass down my power to y’all, my younger children. Y’all were blessed with y’all’s mother’s power’s, so I blessed Katsuro with mine. Y’all’s mother’s power is being able to regenerate, she is a pureblood vampire, that makes you Amaterasu , Ayaka, and Kiku half bloods. Katsuro, you weren’t born with your mother’s power’s, instead mine. For Kazuo, it seems to be both, I don’t know how, but he may have gotten it from y’alls great-great grandparents. Why? I’m not sure, but those powers combined, is a dangerous duo. Having the ability of regeneration, plus my power’s, and he's half blood, or you can call it a hybrid. Just like y’all, hybrid’s have more potential than the parent. If he finds a way to master both, there's a good chance I can’t stop him. That's if he even realizes he has some of my power.” He stands up, “Only time will tell.”

The author's comments:

This takes place after chapter 1

Present day, Katsuro wakes up next to their one year old daughter, Sora. “Morning Sora” Sora makes happy movements, along with a beautiful smile. Grace walks in, “Morning dear, and hello little Sora.” Sora lets out a cute giggle, Grace smiles and picks her up. “Breakfast is ready dear” she says to Katsuro, he nods and get’s out of bed. He follows Grace to the kitchen, where Katsuro sit’s down at the table. Grace gives him his plate, he begins eating. “You have to work today dear?” Katsuro nods, “I’ll have my sister come by.”, " Speaking of them, how are they?” Katsuro takes a sip, “They're doing good, we talked here and there. They only call me to see how you and the baby are doing.” Grace smiles, “when are they coming?” Katsuro finishes his food, “About an hour” he puts his plate in the sink, and kisses her cheek. “The food was good dear” Grace smiles and says, “Thanks dear.” An hour later, his siblings arrive. “Hey Grace,” Kiku says, while hugging her. “Well, I’ll be off” he kisses Sora, then Grace. “Be safe love,” Katsuro looks back and nods. Grace asks, “Now that he’s been working, it's been kinda lonely here with me and Sora.” Ayaka picks up Sora and says, “I see what you mean, but he will be deployed in the war, who knows when he will come back.” Grace looks down sadly, Kiku hugs her and says, “Don’t worry Grace, we're here to cheer you up.” Grace smiles. “ Katsuro, you're a Sergeant now, I’m impressed.” Katsuro opens his eyes, “You know my name, and yet you're on enemy territory, who are you?” He laughs and says, “I’m not surprised you do not remember me, You were still a baby.” Katsuro, grabs the handle of his sword, “Your Kazuo, the son who left his family because his father didn’t give him all his power. Sorry to break it to you older brother, I’m the one father chose.” He pulls out his sword, his power awakens, Kazuo smirks and says, “Let’s see what you learned little brother, I’ll send your head to your wife, and then kill-” Katsuro cuts Kazuo’s throat, and unleashes a powerful blast from his palm. The smoke clears, half of Kazuo’s body still remains. “That was easy-” Kazuo stabs Katsuro in the chest, “Don’t get ahead of yourself LITTLE BROTHER!!!” Katsuro cuts the blade, Kazuo blasts him to the ground. Katsuro gasp’s, Kazuo smirks, “IS THAT ALL YOU GOT??!!!??” He kicks him to the wall of the stronghold. Katsuro’s Vision turns blurry,  Kazuo lands a powerful attack, “DEMONIC BLAST!!!!” A huge explosion, pushing Kazuo back, he smirks. The smoke clears, Katsuro emerges from the smoke, he manages to endure most of the blast. His clothes ripped off, Kazuo laughs, “Now that’s what i'm talking about, I’m impressed Little brother. Hey!!! Look at that!!! Are those tats? Never suspected that from you.” Katsuro forms flicker, ‘My form’s wearing off, I used too much power to endure it. I can’t die here, not yet’

 

Katsuro charges at him, Kazuo smirks. Katsuro notices and tries to back away, Kazuo summons four spear’s and impales Katsuro. Katsuro splits blood, two spears go into his chest, one in his stomach, and one in his leg. “Die little brother” Kazuo says with evil in his eyes, he charges up with one final attack. “Nova!!!” A giant fiery ball of gas and fire flies towards the wounded Katsuro. Katsuro has enough strength to grab his sword and clash with the Nova bomb. Katsuro put’s all the strength he has left, Kazuo smirks and applies more force and mass to the blast. Katsuro's form wears off, pieces of his clothing begin to wither away due to the flames. “DANGIT!!” Katsuro tried everything he could to stop it. Kazuo impales Katsuro in his legs to immobilize him. He falls to the ground while standing his ground. Katsuro manages to stop it, he feels relieved. Kazuo starts laughing and says, “Kaboom” A huge explosion happens.

“Hi dear, I hope you're doing okay, Me, your family, and Sora  are worried dear. You’ve been in a coma for 2 months. Please, PLEASE WAKE UP!!!” Grace calls out for him, as tears fall from her eyes. ‘I-I hear Grace, and Sora too. Don’t worry, I’M ON MY WAY!!!’ Katsuro slowly moves his body around. Grace feels it, she smiles and says, “YOUR AWAKE” Grace holds his hand. The doctors walk in. Katsuro mutter’s words, “W-W-W-Where a-a-am I?” Katsuro says, “I-I-I can’t see” The doctors walk in “Sorry about that, you have bandages covering you.” He takes them off, Katsuro rubs his eyes, the first thing he sees is his beautiful wife Grace, and Sora. “I’m so happy you're alive” she hugs Katsuro, she pulls his ear hard and says, “DON’T SCARE ME LIKE THAT!!!” Katsuro tries to pull her hand off. “Ok ok, I’m sorry love” she lets go, and holds his hand. Katsuro notices he’s wrapped in bandages. “How did I end up here?” The doctor steps forward, “You were saved at the very last minute.”

 

“It’s true.” Takano says, stepping forward. “I’m the one who saved you before the blast went off.” 

“PLEASE, GET HIM A DOCTOR!!!” Takano yells,  nurses look at him and notify doctors who are free. A doctor and a few nurses carry him to the nearest open room. Takano stands outside the door while they attempt his wounds, he stands there motionless, eyes like they seen a ghost, shocked at the sight of his pupil knocking on the door of certain death. The nurses escort him to the waiting room, while doctors and nurses treat his wounds. A few minutes passed, Takano sat in the waiting room, frustrated and sulking. Grace, and Katsuro’s sisters arrived, “Where is he?” Grace says, walking to a nearby nurse, Ayaka notices Takano, “What happened to him?” Takano looks up, “Not sure about the whole details, I just know I found him covered in blood, there's a blade stuck in his chest”  The doctor walks to them, “We managed to stop the bleeding, but we have to operate as soon as possible, he has blade stuck in his chest. It looks really bad, we’ll try to get it. Wait here in the meantime.”  A few hours later, a nurse walks up to them, looks at Grace and says, “Your Mrs. Kamiya right?”

 

Grace stands up, “Yes I am,” she says while holding Sora. The nurse looks at her seriously, “The surgery was a success, but I'm afraid he’s in a coma” Grace gasps, “Do you know how long he’ll stay in it?” she says. The nurse shakes her head, “We are not sure. It could be days, months or even years..” Grace sits down, as tears fall from her eyes. Ayaka comforts her after hearing the news. “I see, who saved me from the blast?” Takano looks at him, “I did, just in time too, I used my ability to stop time only for a few seconds, though, I’m sorry for not arriving in time to help you. I failed as a teacher, I’m sorry Katsuro” he says, bowing his head. Katsuro sits there, “It’s fine, don’t worry about it. I’m glad you got me out alive, without you, I would’ve died. I wouldn’t have been able to come home to my wife and Sora.” he says holding both their hands. “Thank you, Takano.” Katsuro says with a gentle smile. Takano looks at him. A tear fell from his eye, he smiled and said, “No problem, young Kamiya.”

A few weeks later, Katsuro’s been training his body better than before, those months spent in the hospital caused his movements to be weak and slow. He noticed an oni demon tattoo on his back, ‘what the??’ A voice calls out to him, “Seems like I finally got a hold of you” Katsuro jumps back in fear, “Who are you?” the demon reveals himself in the mirror, “You are my successor, I decided to reveal myself to you, I’m aware you lost to your eldest brother Kazuo.” Katsuro looks at him, “How do you know that?” The demon laughs, “I was watching, from inside you. You were using my power, though, unfortunately it wasn’t enough for you to stop him. That is to be expected, you are still learning how to use it. But now, it's my time to train you, I will turn you into the beast you were destined to be. You Katsuro Kamiya, will be the next shadow King, and destroy every last one of them!!!!” Katsuro stands there, he gulps and says, “Let’s do it!”

 

The shadow king trains his successor Katsuro, Day and night. Grace notices Katsuro training everyday, she enjoys seeing Katsuro training and being healthy. A few weeks gone by, Katsuro is in the best shape of his life. His physique and power looked way better than before. “To be able to control and master my power, you must have a strong vessel, in your case, body. So far so good, you're close to mastering it, but you have one more test. Beat me in a one on one duel, then I’ll determine if you're ready.” Katsuro wipes his sweat off, “Arlight, let's do this.” The shadow king and Katsuro fight in the King's domain. Meanwhile Grace takes care of their baby Sora. She holds Sora, “Daddy will be home soon, he’s training right now.” Sora falls asleep as Grace rocks her to sleep. Grace kisses her head and slowly drifts to sleep. 

 

The sound of blades clash throughout the realm, loud enough for some mortals to hear beyond the realm. The clash sounded like boulder’s crashing down, sending tiny shock waves all over the world. Both Katsuro and the Shadow King exchange powerful blow’s. ‘’Not bad young Kamiya, BUT WHAT ABOUT THISSS!!!!!’’ He sends five powerful blasts, as big as the dwarf planet pluto. Katsuro prepares an admirable attack, “Cryptic Slash, no, ARISE SHADOW’S!!!” The seven shadow blades appear, 7 powerful blades, able to kill some of the strongest gods.” The shadow king grins, “You always find a way to surprise me!!!” 

 

He sends the planet size Blasts to Katsuro, Katsuro Grins. His hair changes to white, with a blackish purple aura. He sends the blades, at the Planet sized blasts. The blades cut through the blasts, and Katsuro appears behind the shadow king. “Game over, Your majesty.” Katsuro’s eye’s glow as he marks an evil grin. The blades cut through the King, and finished him with a blast, “King’s wraith!” A few hours later, Grace puts Sora to bed. “I’m back love” Katsuro says, walking in. Grace smiles and runs to him, “Hi love” she kisses him, and feels his body. Katsuro smiles and holds her waist. “You worked very hard, love, why don’t we bathe together?’ Katsuro nods and says, “Good idea love” A few minutes later, Grace sets up the bath. They both strip their clothes, Grace slowly gets in. Katsuro notices her skin sparkles under the moonlight, as she gets in. Grace looks back at him, “Are you getting in love?” Katsuro nods and gets in. Grace sits in his lap, “It’s been awhile since we bathed together” Katsuro smiles and says, “Yea, the last time we did was before we had our daughter.” Grace smiles, “Yes, by the way love, I was thinking, I plan on investigating the government, something doesn’t seem right. They seem to be hiding something, something dangerous.” “She’s right Kamiya, something has been going on, after your absence. The government's been silencing some of your higher-ups, they revealed something so cruel and disgusting.” Grace continues saying, “I plan on-” Katsuro covers her mouth, “Love, we came into the bath to spend quality time together.” Grace turns around and faces him. He puts her arms around his neck, “I know love, let’s do more then spend time together” she says smirking. Katsuro smirks and holds her waist. “Why didn’t you say so?” 

 

“So, you got away little brother” he says as he sips a glass of wine, “This time I’ll kill you for sure.” he says smirking. ‘Oh Takano!!” number 4 says, Takano looks at her, “Hello Miyahira Katsumi” She gets up, “Ready for the mission?” Takano cleans his glasses, “Of course, we're waiting on one more person as well.” Katsumi looks at him, “Who is it?” Takano smirk’s, “He’s on his way” Katsuro and Grace lay on the bed, “Your still good love” Grace says, Katsuro laughs, “I always been good darling.” The shadow king laughs, “Yea, at love making yes, but not at fighting” Katsuro ignores him. Grace rubs his chest, “How would you feel about another kid dear?” Katsuro thinks for a moment, “I wouldn’t mind dear, why say that? You want another kid dear?” Grace nods, “I feel like Sora will need a sibling, you know, I think she’ll be a good big sister.” Katsuro smile’s, “Yeah, I think so.”

 

Katsuro arrives, “What do you need teach?” Takano smiles, Katsumi looks back and sees him. She stares at him with love and lust in her eyes. “It’s great to see you're in good health and shape as well” Katsuro stretches and says, “Of course I couldn't let that coma hold me back” Katsumi looks at him and says, “You're in good shape” as she walks to him. “Yeah” Katsumi can smell an elf’s scent on him, she looks away in disgust. “What’s wrong Katsumi?” Katsumi turns her back, “smells like elf” Katsuro looks at her, “Well duh, I am married to one and have a daughter that’s an elf, well half elf.” Katsumi looks at him in shock. “What?” Takano clears his throat, “That’s enough chit chat, Let’s focus on the task at hand. Were taking down the enemy's stronghold. They have four powerful Vessels, apparently called the “The Black Dragons” ; our job is to kill them. If we're lucky, capture them. This won’t be easy, there one of the enemy’s empires strongest factions. The first is the, “The Blackcell royalty” and apparently.” He looks at Katsuro, “One of them is your brother, Kazuo.” Katsuro looks at him shocked

They arrive at the stronghold, Katsumi smirks and says, “Oh wow, this pressure” she licks her blades, “This is going to be fun” she says smirking. They find a way into the stronghold, “It’s time to take over this, Y’all ready?” Katsumi licks her blade, “of course” Katsuro pulls out his sword, “Yea.” Takano fixes his glasses. “Let’s do this” The four black dragons chill in their headquarters. One of them stands up, “What is it beast?” one says sitting. “I sense them,” the beast says as his mouth drools. Beast, the size of a three story building, roughly 30 meters tall, The head of a croc, the body of a bulky minotaur, the hands big enough to crush a human into tiny pieces. He wields a 15ft battle Ax, the blade able to take down thousands of soldier’s. The leader of the Black dragons stands, “Let’s welcome our guests with open arms shall we?” Katsuro and the other’s walk around the stronghold. They stop and sense people approaching. “Look what we have here, three lost puppies” Katsumi laughs, “Confident are we?” She licks her blades.

 

“Were very confident, there’s no way for y'all to win” The leader steps forward, “I’m the leader of the Black dragons, Madoka Miyoshi-” Before he can finish, Takano put’s his palm on his chest, “You talk to much” And creates a blast, knocking back Madoka. “Not bad” the second black dragon’s member charge’s at Takano, Katsumi stops her by throwing one of her throwing knives. “Not so fast, little one, you're my opponent.” They begin clashing blades, meanwhile Takano and Madoka fight. Katsuro looks at the other one, “I’m guessing you're my opponent.” The guy laughs, “No, you're his opponent.” The ground shakes, “The heck?” Both Takano and Katsumi say. Beast arrives, and lets out a strong powerful roar. “This could be troublesome, no matter, we’ve gotten stronger. It's time to show them who you really are,THE SHADOW KING!!!!” Katsuro smirks, His hair turn’s white, he's gulped by his power, Transforming him into his form. “I am, The Shadow King,” His eye’s glow a crimson Pink, he speeds blitz through, cutting the arm of Beast. Everyone stops fighting, they look at Katsuro in shock. Beast roars in pain, Katsuro looks back at him, “You're a pain, you know that, I could be at home with my wife. But no, I'm here.”  Katsuro charges up an attack, “This should finish you off.” Beast charges at Katsuro, He smirks and mouths, “Kings wraith”

 

The area explodes, causing the stronghold to collapse. Madoka stands there in fear, ‘W-W-What are you?” Takano smirks, Katsuro looks back, his eyes glow, “I’m the Shadow King, The one who brings chaos and strikes fear into those who oppose me. I plan on destroying you and your entire Empire.” Madoka stands there in fear, before he can say anything. Takano lands a powerful kick to the jaw. He flies into a wall, “You might have gone a little overboard.” Katsuro laughs, “Maybe” Katsumi looks at him in amazement. Takano fixes his glasses, “Let’s finish the job at hand” Katsumi continues fighting the Black Dragon member. “You know you're not half bad for a human.” Katsumi says playing with her swords. The member wipes the blood off her lip. “What’s your name, little one?” The member stands up, “Tamaki Nori” Katsumi lets out a creepy smirk, “What a lovely name” Nori pulls out her dagger and gun, “And your’s?” Katsumi laughs, “It’s Katsumi, the last name you’ll ever hear before you DIE!!!”

 

 

Takano walks to Madoka, “Finished yet?” Madoka laughs, “No, you're finished” Takano stops, Madoka sends off an explosion the size of a small city. Takano flies back, his clothing ripped, the other’s fly back, Katsuro creates a force field. “Dang” Takano looks down, he notices his side is bleeding, “That is one nasty injury.” Madoka says walking to him. Takano tries to pull out his sword, but Madoka hits him with a gut punch, then a blast to the chest. He slams into a wall, Madoka charges at him and kicks him through the wall with the force of 2 tons. Takano falls back and lands on his stomach. “For one of the top vessels of your country, you really are weak. Can’t be surprised though, Y'all really are a weak country.” He walks towards Takano, he reaches for him. Takano grabs his blade and cut’s off Madoka’s hand, He yells in pain. Takano lands a powerful blast at him, “DIE BASTARD!!!!” The explosion knocks back them both. Both hit the ground hard, Nori spots him, “MADOKA!!!” Katsumi stabs her in the stomach and slams her to the ground. “Eye’s on your opponent!!” she says with a sinister grin. Nori hits the ground hard, gasping for air, the last thing she sees is Katsumi falling on her, blades heading towards her chest. The last thing she hear’s, is Katsumi’s sinister laugh.

 

Beast gets up, “Oh, you're still alive,” Katsuro says, facing him. Beast lets out an earth shaking roar, “Oh wow, your breath stinks.” Beast regenerates his limbs and charges at him. Katsuro grins, pulls out his sword, and slashes the beast in half effortlessly. “What a let down, I thought you’d be more of a challenge.” Katsuro walks to the other member that’s hiding, “One more to go.” He stops for a moment, “You're hiding something from us, aren’t you, 4th member.” The 4th member laughs and gets out of hiding, “Yes, you're not only dealing with the 4th member, but the strongest, watch this.” He starts transforming into the demi-god, Heracles, the son of zeus. “I’m going to wipe that stupid smile off your face, Shadow King.” Katsuro grins, “Try me meathead.” Heracles lands a powerful punch to Katsuro, sending him flying through a wall. “How does that feel, Shadow king” Katsuro emerges from the smoke, “Not too bad.” Katsuro teleports to Heracles, and lands a powerful attack of his own, sending the behemoth through the stronghold's walls. Takano admires their feud, “Incredible” He tries to get up, but Madoka stops him with a kick to the jaw. He falls back, “Our fight isn’t over” he pulls out a blade and attempts to stab Takano. Takano grabs the blade, fighting back.

 

Madoka applies more strength into killing Takano, Takano struggles for a bit. Madoka roars, Takano loses strength. Madoka is about to drill the blade through his chest, a blade goes through Madoka’s back. Madoka stops, drops the knife. Blood falls on Takano’s face, Katsumi pulls the blade out and push’s Madoka’s lifeless body off him. “Thanks Katsumi.” Takano says getting up, Katsumi smile’s, “No problem, four eyes.” Takano sigh’s, “ How was it your end?” Katsumi licks the blood off her blades, “It was annoying in the end, but did taste delicious.”  Takano laughs, “why are you laughing?” She says annoyed. Takano stops laughing, “It’s nothing, Just didn’t think I would come out alive. Thanks Katsumi, I mean it.” He looks at her, “I’m glad you were here to save me” he leaves Katsumi blushing. She turns around flustered, “Y-yea yea, whatever.” Takano giggles, “Shall we assist Katsuro?” Katsumi looks at him, then looks away, “Sure, why not?” She licks her blades, “I never killed a god before.” she says smirking

 

 

Heracles lands a punch, knocking back Katsuro, ‘Dang, who knew gods would be so strong, especially this one’ Katsuro ripping off his upper top, “Don’t worry Katsuro, we go this” Katsuro charges at him. Heracles hit the ground, powerful enough to start earthquakes. Katsuro jumps back, which gives Heracles the opportunity to land an earth shattering punch, causing Katsuro to file back several hundred meters. ‘Dangit!!!’ Katsuro lands on his feet, he spits blood. Katsuro’s body starts to let off steam, causing him to slowly exhaust itself. “Dang!” He stands up, “It’s time Katsuro, you’ll have to unleash everything you have left before your power exhaust you.”, ‘But if I do, won’t people get killed?’ The shadow king laughs, “That’s why I’ll send ya’ll to The Shadow King’s domain!!” Both Katsuro and Heracles are sent into the realm, He looks up, “Where am I?” Katsuro emerges from the shadow’s, “My realm of course, it's mainly to stop you from destroying the world.” Heracles laughed, “Stop me? You don’t know who I am, I am the Almighty Heracles-” The Shadow king cut’s his arm off. “Almighty or not, you can still die, at the hands of The Shadow King.” Heracles yells in pain, Katsuro, no the Shadow king, walks to him. 

 

“I’ll send your head to your father Zeus, to show how much of a failure you are.” Heracles snapped. He let a powerful battle cry, able to shake the whole realm. It was so powerful that people could hear it, even the gods could hear it. Katsuro jumps back, Heracles throws an earth shattering punch at him. Katsuro dodges it and lands a powerful slash to the stomach, the slash opens up Heracles' stomach. Causing his intestines to come out, Heracles notices. He tries covering the wound with his hand, Katsuro stops him by sending a blast to the face. The blast caused Heracles face to melt off, to where the skull is showing. “What a let down, I thought you were gonna put up more of a fight like earlier. Time to end this.” Katsuro smirks, “Come to me, Shadow Dragon.” A gigantic Dragon appears, the size of Mount everest. “Finish off this pest,” Katsuro says with evil intentions. The Dragon lets out a horrifying screech, able to cause everything to go into a state of madness. The Beast eat’s Heracles, absorbing him and his plain of existence from the world. 

 

Katsuro smirks, “That was very satisfying.” Katsuro returns to the normal world. “Since you killed The son of Zeus, you are gonna be targeted by the gods” Katsuro smirks, “Then they’ll get the same treatment I gave to Heracles.” Takano and Katsumi wave to Katsuro, “There will be beings that will kill us if we're not careful, be aware, there’s other’s stronger than us.” Katsuro nods, “We’ll be careful, We’ll get stronger together.” Katsuro and the other’s, walk away from the ruined stronghold. A man laugh’s, “So, the Black dragons weren’t enough, can’t be surprised, they had Heracles and still lost, so they're not weak after all.” Kazuo stands up, “So we're dealing with the most powerful from their country?” The man thinks, “Could be, apparently, its number four, Katsumi, the queen of lust, number 8, Takano, The Prodigy, and apparently. The last one, "Goes by The Shadow King.” 

“These three are very dangerous, plus, they also have the top three strongest from their country to deal with.” Kazuo takes a shot, “Shouldn’t be a problem, you got the Blackcell Royalty, The strongest group in the country, possibly the world.” The man thinks for a moment, “If they were able to beat The Black dragons, especially Heracles, a demiGod under us, able to destroy the world. They must have had a power so powerful that it can kill any god or deity, No human can be powerful enough to even scratch Heracles. Wait, The Shadow King? That name, it was an old deity, able to destroy some of the strongest of Deity’s, it died off thousands of years ago, there’s no way he returned.” Kazuo interrupts, “Who cares, even if he did, he’s weaker than us now, we’ve gotten stronger over the past years, we are way stronger now.” The man nods, “So then, Let’s plan an attack on them, and.” he stops, then grins, “Ruin their country's reputation, by spreading lies about them holding elves as slaves.” Kazuo looks at him, “How though, aren’t they allies now?” The man looks at him, “It’s true they are now potential allies, but there is still fire lit between them, the elves are still holding grudges against them. But the people of that country treat the elves like one of their own, most of them do, a small percentage of them don’t.”

 

 


“They love the elves, if anything were to happen to them, they would fight for them.” Kazuo interrupts, “But how would this bring chaos to their country.” The Man laughs and says, “We’ll send some of our men dressed up as the enemy generals, to form evidence that the government is secretly putting elves in slavery. The people who coexist with the elves will be furious with their government if that were to happen, they will rebel against their country. If we're lucky, some of their strongest Vessel’s will join the rebels, and us. A perfect plan isn’t it.” Kazuo smiles, “A perfect plan indeed, but, when will we start it.” The man grins, “It already started.”

 

“Let the Chaos begin”

 

“Riot’s everywhere, the people of Kalaka, are furious with what the government was hiding” a news reporter says. “Y'all put them in slavery!!” the crowd says angrily. Soldier’s set up blockades to push back the crowd. “Step back! Or we’ll shoot!!” the soldier’s yell, a kid climbs over the blockade. A soldier notices, “My baby!!!” a mother yells. A gunshot goes off, the kid falls to the ground, blood spills out of his body. “What are you doing?!” another soldier says. The crowd notices, they break through the blockade’s with rage. A fight breaks out, gunshots go off. A civil war, plus, The enemy empire joins the war. The empire strikes the country of Kalaka, while the country is facing backlash. “Kazuo, it's time unleash hell ” 

 

 

“Apparently the country is facing a civil war” number 5 says, “ It is indeed,” Kazuo says walking to them. The vessel’s stare down Kazuo, Number 5 pulls out his weapons. “The blackcell Royalty, Kazuo was it. I’m going to enjoy killing you.” Kazuo laughs, he pulls out his swords, “Come at me then.” Vessels 8 and 9 watch their fight, two members of the Blackcell royalty walk to them. “Entertaining isn’t it” 8 and 9 look behind them, “Greetings, were your opponent’s, Blitz and Comet.” 8 and 9 pull out their weapons, “And were your opponents Blackcell, I’m Yutaka” Number 8 steps forward, “I’m Aya” Blitz pulls out a legendary weapon, they say, it belonged to a legendary hero, called maximus. The Blade’s power swallows Blitz, “This is my power, You stand no chance against me. After I’m finished here, I’ll kill that demon, The Shadow King.” Kazuo sends thousands of spears at number 5, “Is that all you got?!” Number 5 charges up an attack, “I am” he smirks and says, “The angel of Light”

 

He manages to stop the spears with his attack. “So, that’s your nickname, The Angel of light.” Number 5 brushes off his shoulders, “The name is Kenji, It's time for me to get serious. Kazuo” they began clashing. Meanwhile, Blitz blocks one of Yutaka’s attacks. Blitz stares down, Yutaka, expressions change with fear. He tries to escape, Blitz pulls Yutaka to him, and imaples Yutaka with his sword. Yutaka spits blood, Aya looks at them, with fear in her eyes. She screams, “YUTAKA!!!” Comet kicks Aya to a nearby wall and says, “Eyes on your opponent” Blitz continues impaling Yutaka, “After I kill you, I’ll go after your girlfriend.” Yutaka looks at Blitz in the eyes, pissed. He grabs the blade, and pulls the blade out. Yutaka lets out a small grunt, he grabs his blade, Let’s out a battle cry, and attempts to impale the blade into Blitz’s heart. But he was too late, Blitz cuts Yutaka in half, separating his legs from his torso. His upper torso slides to Aya as she tries to get up. Blitz swipes the blood off his blade, and says, “I told you, you weren’t a challenge to me.” Comet walks next to him, wrapping her arm around his neck. Aya looks down at her soon to be husband in half. Tears run down her face, “It can’t be, Y-y-you can’t” she shouts, “You can’t LEAVE ME!!!!” Yutaka puts his hand on her cheek, she holds and says, “Don’t worry, I’m not going anywhere.” He smiles, “I love you, Aya-” before he can finish. He gets decapitated.

 

Before she can say anything, she gets stabbed through the chest by Comet. “Now you can join your husband in death.” She says pulling out the sword. Aya falls on the ground, facing her husband. She holds out her hand to Yutaka, ‘I’m sorry Yutaka, I love you’ Kazuo and Kenji continue their fight, ‘Dang, My wounds won’t heal, I guess they don’t call him the Angel of light for nothing. His power stops evil being’s from regenerating after getting cut,’ Kazuo thinks while dodging. “Why are you running Vampire, are you scared? You're running because you know you can’t beat me.” Kenji says sharpening his sword. Kazuo smirks, “I know I can’t beat you one on one, but he can” Kenji stops and before he gets to react, he gets stabbed in the side by Blitz. Kenji grabs the blade, Blitz pulls the blade out. Kenji spits blood, and Blitz attempts to slash down Kenji. Kenji blocks the attack, “Not bad” Blitz says, pushing back Kenji. “Thanks for the assist Blitz” Kazuo says getting up. Blitz wipes his blade, “No problem, leave The angel of light to me.” Kazuo nods and signals Comet to leave it to Blitz.

 

“You think you can beat me alone?” Kenji says covering up his wound, Blitz laughs, “Of course I can, I surpassed the strongest of deity’s” Blitz says as he stares down Kenji. Kenji says, “If I kill you, that means I’m one of the strongest mortal’s to exist.” Kenji laughs, Blitz sighs and says “You still got a lot to learn.” Kenji’s arm fell off, he noticed, ‘How did he? When did he?’ he says in thought. Blitz appears behind him. “Like I said, you got a lot to learn” before Kenji reacts, Blitz implies the blade in his back. Kenji spits blood, Blitz throws him to the ground, and impales him through the ground. Kenji yells in pain, Blitz continues pushing the blade farther and farther in.  Kenji lays there stuck, spitting and coughing blood. “Had enough yet?” Blitz says gripping the blade handle and twisting with every fiber of anger. Kenji yells in pain, “N-no, I’m not done” Blitz looks at him, and twists the blade even harder. Kenji continues yelling in pain. Blitz continues torturing him. A bullet is shot, grazing Blitz’s cheek. Takano appears, “Oops, I missed.”

 

 

Blitz stares him down, Kenji looks up. He shouts to Takano, “Get out of here, he’s too strong. He’ll kill you-” Blitz begins pulling the sword out slowly, to where he continues making Kenji suffer. Takano looks down at him, “I'm aware Kenji.” He says loading up his gun. Blitz pulls his sword out of Kenji’s back and points it at Takano. “Aren’t you aware that your country is in a civil war right now?” Blitz says, staring him down. Takano fixes his glasses and says, “I’m aware, I'm siding with the rebellion.” Kenji looks up at him, “W-what? B-but why?” Kenji says in confusion. Takano looks down at him, “Simple, they hid something from us, they put Elves up for slavery, does that mean anything to you?” Kenji lays there in shock, he looks down, then back at Takano. “Does that mean you're siding with the Empire? And not our country?” Takano looks down angrily, “Yes, I am, Along with others. Sorry you had to find out this way, but our country did something so cruel, putting innocent people into slavery.” Takano looks at Kenji and holds out his hand, “Join the rebellion” Takano says. Kenji looks at him for a moment, and gets up. Kenji looks at Takano, “You would want to fight against your own country” Kenji says. He smirks, “Of course I’ll join y’all, So what’s the plan?”

Takano steps forward, “We have to look out for the Top 3 strongest vessels, and the president.” Comet laughs, “The President, don’t make me laugh, all he does is sit in that office.” Jiro clear’s his throat, “Please continue.” Takano nods, “We know that we’ll be dealing with the three most powerful of our country. The 3rd, Masuyo, she’s skilled in martial art’s, her blade, a nunchaku. I’m unclear of her ability, rumor’s are, she’s a descendent of an ancient beast. Number 2, Satoshi, wields a bow, able to manipulate the elements of the world. And number 1, Tatsuya, a dragon descendant, wield’s two twin Katina’s.”  

Kazuo smirk’s, “I’ll take care of him,” Takano fixes his glasses, “If you weren’t a match for Kenji, then you're not a match for Tatsuya.” Kenji laughs, “Why are you laughing?” Kazuo barks at Kenji. “And Kenji was number 5” Takano says, “And what rank were you Takano?” Jiro says. Katsumi smirks, “Rank 7, and Katsuro is-” Katsumi interrupts Takano, “Katsuro is ranked 6, but in reality, equal to the rank of the top 3. Who knows, he could even be stronger than them combined.” The others turn to Katsuro, impressed and amazed. “I’ll take on Tatsuya then” Kazuo smirk’s, “I’ll help then” Katsuro doesn’t answer, “Takano, you, Katsumi and Kenji can go after Masuyo.” Katsuro says, putting on his mask. Takano nods, “Don’t die on me, ok?” Katsuro nods, “I won't,” he replies. Blitz shout’s to Katsuro, “I’ll help you, Shadow King. After we kill them and the president, I’ll come after you and kill you.” Katsuro looks at him and nods. 

 

Katsuro vanishes, “I wonder where he went?” Rie says to herself. “Now, let’s pick up where we left off.” Jiro says. Meanwhile, Katsuro stands on a rooftop at night, looking at half of his country in ruins and on fire. He takes off his mask, tears fall from his eyes. “Dangit, why, WHY DANGIT!” Katsuro says, yelling. His power’s grow more angrily, the ground shakes due to the power he gave off. He punches the rooftop, causing the whole building to collapse, along with others. He created a giant crater in the ground, the ground shakes. Everyone feel’s it, “Poor kid” whisper’s Takano, Katsumi looks worried. Katsuro's powers try to consume him through anger. His eye flashes Crimson pink, he tries to control the power, he yells in pain. The power tries to take over, but it stops after Katsumi hugs him. “Kat, it's ok, please calm down.” she says while rubbing his head. His power calms down, tears fall from his eyes, “You've been through alot, everything will be ok.” Katsumi say’s, Katsuro sees a figure in front of him, Its his wife Grace, his eyes widened. Tears fall from his eyes, he holds out his hand, Grace smiles and says, “Don’t cry my love, I’ll always be by your side, no matter what. Don’t give up, take care of Sora for me. I’ll see you soon, and thank you for making me the happiest person. I love you, Katsuro Kamiya.” She kisses his head, and he begins to cry. He breaks down crying in Katsumi’s arms, Katsumi whispers “The world is a horrible place, isn’t it?” 



Similar books


JOIN THE DISCUSSION

This book has 0 comments.