Before the Storm | Teen Ink

Before the Storm

By Masked.Vampire SILVER, Warsaw, Kentucky
Masked.Vampire SILVER, Warsaw, Kentucky

Summary:

Amelia Reynolds was previously 22nd in line for Presidency. When their enemies, a group of robots initialled called RACODS attack them, destroy their home, she suddenly is faced with being President. Sworn in, she begins to try and fix things - but when you are stuck trying to lead a fleet of civilians somewhere safe in a universe where there are no promises of anywhere else to settle, there's not much you can do to fix it.

With the help of Admiral Ian Williams, Amelia must struggle to keep what's left of her sanity in tact, and keep humanity alive. It's not easy - but no one said it was going to be. It doesn't help that the team of governors who are supposed to help her are completely against her, or that her assistant is working for the enemy. Not to mention the little girl who's mysterious origins attach her to Amelia more than she could ever understand.

After several attempts on her life, and even when she is kidnapped and tortured, Amelia is ready to give up. Convinced there's nothing out there, she just wants to die. To give up. Can she be convinced otherwise? Or will what's left of their civilization be completely destroyed?

Masked.Vampire

Before the Storm