Breaking Glass | Teen Ink

Breaking Glass

By marinashutup GOLD, Fair Oaks, California
marinashutup GOLD, Fair Oaks, California

"Isn't life a series of images that change as they repeat themselves?" -Andy Warhol

Summary:

"I know this because of the things I have witnessed in the past five months: the destruction of an entire town; the sight of a man’s body falling limp seconds after he leaps to protect you; the sound of a boy’s muffled sobs at the death of his violent father, marking the end of an unfinished and utterly complicated relationship. These are all things I will never understand and they will be permanently embedded in the back of my mind. When everything calms down again and the silence eventually hits, these are the things I will think about."

Marina W.

Breaking Glass

Chrissiana1320 BRONZE, Hypoluxo, Florida

"It isn't what you can do with your strength, but how you chose to use."

-By me, I think.

This is SOOOOOOOO GOOOOOOD!!!!!!!!! YOUU NEED TOOOO CCONTINNUEEEEEE!!!!!!!

AnnaRead SILVER, Park City, Utah

"Even if your on the right track, you'll get run over if you just sit there." Will Rogers

Wow! Nice job!

mal12 said...
mal12, California

it's classy-not classic.

chapter 11 was great!! :) the ending was a clif-hanger, i need to know what happens next!!!! btw you're a wonderful writer, im suprised there aren't a billion comments!

Thanks so much for commenting! I'm glad you liked it :) I just uploaded the next chapter, so it should be up soon!

mal12 said...
mal12, California

it's classy-not classic.

also, Pace and Phoenix are my favorite characters! And Violet is a very likable main character, which is refreshing :D

mal12 said...
mal12, California

it's classy-not classic.

OH my god this is absoltly amazing!!! You deffinatly have a skill for writing. I was captivated with your story from the very beginning, and kept me interested the whole way through. Your plot is so creative, not at all like the teens-with-powers books I've read before.  Please please please write more really soon because I must read it!!! Brilliant! Loved it! 5 stars!!!