Erick and Erin | Teen Ink

Erick and Erin

By headoverheels44 SILVER, Dickerson, Maryland
headoverheels44 SILVER, Dickerson, Maryland

I sat in class and watched my friend eat her sandwich. My stomach automatically growled when I saw her take another bite. She rolled my eyes at me and sighed. Her sandwich was laid onto her lap and she gave me a look of annoyance. “I’m only going to say this once more, girl. You can have some of my lunch.” She offered as she held half of her sandwich to me. I pushed it back to her as I shook my head.
“I know my dad will get my message and bring me my lunch,” I repeated for the second time, “He will.” I emphasized and she sighed. Her eyes of the sun left me and went outside to the basketball court where sunlight reflected to us. I looked there also to see my brother trying to grab the ball from his best friend. The game was 4 on 4 of my brother’s best friends and my friend’s boyfriend. She sighed as she watched her boyfriend dribble the ball and shoot. He made the shot and laughed at my brother from it. I laughed lightly, “Your boyfriend sure is good.” I admitted to my friend and she turned to me with a sway of her deep brown hair.
“He practices every day.”
“Well it’s paying off.” I replied and she smiled. We turned back to the court but I looked back to my friend and knew what she wanted to do. I stood and she was surprised. “Alright, come on.” I said and she seemed confused.
“What?”
“Let’s go watch up close.” I said and she happily jumped up. We walked down the hall of the school and went outside to the court. When we came outside my name was shouted across the front lawn. I looked over to see my friend Hannah waving to me. I waved back with a smile but then went to the basketball court. My brother gave me a nod and got back to the game but my friend’s boyfriend ran over and gave her a quick peck on the cheek before going back to the game. I was slightly shaken when I felt two arms go around my waist. I turned my head to the side to see my friend Gale smiling down at me. “Hey.” I said kindly.
“What’cha doing out here?”
“Watching my brother.” I replied and he nodded. He eyes diverted to the court.
“You and your brother look a lot alike.”
I laughed. “We’re twins. Of course we look alike.” My brother came over to Gale and me with a look of anger. Immediately Gale let go of me. “Hey.” I said kindly.
“Can I talk to you for a sec?” He asked me and I nodded. I turned to my friend.
“Faith, I’ll be right back.” I said and she nodded. My brother took my hand and I followed him inside the school.
“What’s up with that nasty guy touching you?” My brother asked me angrily.
“You mean Gale? He was just hugging me.”
“But he’s a senior! You’re a sophomore. He shouldn’t even talk to you.”
I frowned. “He’s my friend, Erick.”
“Well don’t let him do anything, okay?”
I nodded. “Don’t worry.”
He sighed. “By the way, I can’t walk with you to practice today.” He said and I sighed with a look to the floor.
“Okay.” I said and then looked back to him. “You should go back to the game.” He left me with a sigh and I followed a few feet behind.

After school I went outside with my two bags, one on my back for classes and another in my right hand for my archery practice. I took out my Ipod and turned it on as I stuck the headphones in my ears. I went on my way down the center of town but stopped when I saw Gale with a group of his friends. I thought of my brother’s words and tried to get across the street but stopped when Gale quickly came over to me. I smiled at him. “Hi.”
“Hey, where ‘ya going?” He asked me kindly.
“Archery practice.” I replied and his left eyebrow moved up slightly in a confused look.
“Archery?”
I nodded. “Every girl in my family takes it, so I’m no exception,” I said with a sigh, “Well I have to hurry, so I’ll see you later.” I added and then started past him, but he grabbed my wrist. I turned back to him curiously.
“I’ll walk you there.” He said and was surprised.
“Alright.” I said, feeling bad to refuse. He smiled, let go of me, and then walked at my side. He talked about his friends and asked me about mine while we walked. In ten minutes we had walked to my archery practice so I stopped in front of the building. “This is my stop.”
He smiled to me. “Alright.” He said but didn’t leave.
“I’ll see you later…” I urged but squeaked a yelp when Gale grabbed me and pulled me to the ground. I was blushing and tried to push him away but stopped when a large noise sounded and the building next to us burst into flames. Screams and crackles flew from the fire as I watched in horror. Gale quickly stood and pulled me up with him. A girl in my archery group ran out of a door with a burn on her shoulder.
“Erin!” She cried through tears to me and I started to run to her, but was pulled back by Gale. I tried to push him off of me, but he threw me to the ground behind him. A small hand knife came from his jean pocket and he threw it at my friend. I screamed in horror but stopped in a millisecond when my friend turned into a demon I had never seen before, but struck my soul with fear. Then the demon burst into flames and disappeared with a holler of pain. A man jumped from the roof of the burning building and sprinted at me.
“The girl!” The man yelled and I screamed in fear as the crazy looking man got near me, but I was even more frightened when Gale wrestled the man to the ground. Gale slammed his fist into the man’s head and the man disappeared in flames like the demon before. Another demon showed up a few yards away and hissed at Gale who grabbed my hand and sprinted off. I tried to keep up with his fast pace of running and was relieved when he stopped running a few blocks away. I immediately slumped to the ground and started to breath heavily. I looked up to Gale who was still standing, but quickly looked away when he looked back at me. I pulled my knees to my chest and looked down the alley I sat in. Images of those demons floated in and out of my mind with a shiver made by me every time. My thoughts then drifted to my family and I quickly stood. Gale walked over to me but I took a step back and he was concerned.
“I have to go check on my family.” I whispered and he shook his head.
“No one else will be attacked by those people now. Their damage is finished.”
“People? Those were demons!” I argued angrily, “I don’t really get what happened back there Gale, but I have a feeling I should just forget about it all,” I said and then looked at my feet, “I have to go make sure Erick is alright. He was in the area at the same time as us.” I picked up my bags off of the ground and quickly walked off. Gale called after me but I ignored it and just kept walking until I reached my house. When I got there I ran up the stairs and threw the front door open. A faint sound chimed as my cat trotted over to the door and purred me a hello. I smiled and picked up my cat. My bags dropped as I shut the door and I found myself wanting to lie down so I went to my couch. After a few moments I felt my body running down and ended up sleeping while cuddling my cat in my arms.

I woke up to a barely lit house. I quickly moved my cat from me and turned on a lamp next to me. I looked around but found no indication that anyone had come inside the house while I was asleep. “We probably just dozed off for an hour, Michel. Don’t worry.” I reassured my cat. I turned on the TV in front of the couch and was extremely shocked when news came on. Two people talked while holding coffee cups and I checked the time at the corner of the screen, 6:47 a.m. My bus comes at 7:00! I jumped up and ran up the staircase of the house. I ran into my room, quickly took a shower, and then threw on a jean mini-skirt and purple tank top. I followed with make-up, hair, teeth, and hoop earrings. I flew back downstairs and to my cat. I kissed him on the head, grabbed my bags, and left. When I got outside I saw the last kid getting on my bus one house over and sprinted there like a mad woman while the bus’s doors shut but reopened at my arrival. I quickly went into the bus to see a mad bus driver, but smiled at her. “Thanks for waiting.” I said and she frowned even more. I ignored it and went to the back of the bus. I took the last seat in the left row that was empty. I took out my Ipod and listened to music as the bus sped and slowed for stops. I quickly looked up at the last stop when someone tapped my shoulder, but was annoyed when I saw it was Gale. I looked to the front of the bus and saw my other close guy friend named Damien. “Damien!” I called and his eyes automatically locked on me. Gale watched as Damien came up to him with a frown but neither moved.
“Out of my way, Gale.” Damien spat.
“Make me.”
I quickly grabbed Damien’s hand and pulled him around Gale. I sat him next to me and smiled. “Morning.”
“Hey.” He said to me kindly and ignored Gale, who finally understood what I was doing and sat down. The bus ride was awkward with Gale watching me and I was happy when I got to walk inside and lose his gaze.

At lunch I followed my friend Faith to her locker and she grabbed two brown bags today. She handed one to me and smiled. “Don’t say anything, just take it.” She said and I smiled with a nod. We went outside and sat on the ground next to the basketball court to watch her boyfriend play. “So where is your brother?” Faith asked me and I flinched. I didn’t know. “I noticed he hasn’t been here all day.”
“Uh…he had a dentist appointment.” I lied and she nodded. We watched the game again but froze like everyone else.
Gale shoved Damien and yelled “Back off!”
“What did you say? Who do you think you are?” Damien yelled when he shoved Gale back. I quickly stood and ran over to them when Gale almost slugged Damien.
“Stop!” I yelled and they both immediately stopped. I grabbed Gale’s wrist and pulled him to the side of the school. “What were you thinking?”
Gale just looked at my angry face. “Stay away from that guy, Erin. He’s bad news.”
“Don’t tell me what to do, Gale.” I crossed my arms across my chest but was shocked when Damien came over to us and set his arm around me.
“Can we talk, Erin?” Damien asked me and I nodded. He pulled me away from Gale and we sat under a tree.
“What do you want to talk about?”
“I just wanted to say I’m sorry. Gale and I should not have started yelling.” He said and I nodded. “Also, I want to take you somewhere after school.”
“I can’t do anything after school.”
He gave me a smile that I could not tell where it came from. “I want to bring you to your brother. He asked me to.”
“You saw my brother?” I asked and he nodded.

Damien drove his car to his house and we got out. “My brother is at your house?” I asked and he did not respond, instead he took my hand in his and brought me inside. We went up to his room and he insisted I sit on his bed. He brought a black sharpie over to me and asked me to hold out my right wrist. I did in hopes of seeing my brother and was confused when he drew a symbol of some kind on my wrist. He closed his eyes and mumbled under his breath. My eyelids felt heavier and before I knew anything I had fallen asleep. When I woke up I was in a large room in a huge bed covered with large sheets. I sat up and Damien stood from the small chair next to the bed. “Where the hell are we, Damien?” I asked but he ignored me and went to the door of the room. He opened it and nodded to someone. Erick walked in with a fancy shirt on and nice pants. I quickly got out of the bed and ran to my brother. I jumped into his open arms and squeezed him tightly to me. Without Erick I felt like I wasn’t myself and now that I was finally back with him I felt better than ever. When I let go he did too and I rested my head on his chest as I relaxed. “Where have you been?” I asked him.
He smiled. “Right here.”
I looked around. “Where is ‘here’?”
He laughed lightly. “This is our real home.”
I looked at him oddly. “But our real home is our house where you weren’t yesterday.”
He shook his head. “Mom and Dad told me yesterday morning that we are adopted and that our old parents needed us, so I came here.”
I looked over at Damien and he smiled to me. “Then who are our parents?”
“They passed away this year, but they were the rulers of this country.” Erick said and then held my hand in his. “This is our real home, Erin. We are the Prince and Princess of this country.”
“What country is this?”
“Hainsilvania.”
“What on earth is ‘hainsilvania’?”
Erick smiled. “That’s exactly it. This isn’t a country on earth; this is planet Aquarius in a second solar system in the Milky Way. This is our true country!” Erick held a beautiful diamond necklace to me. “This will help you remember, it is just like my necklace that helped me understand.” He said as he showed me his necklace. Damien came to my side, took the necklace from my brother and clasped it around my neck. Immediately my fake memories of the past disappeared and I saw the world through a new light. I was Princess Erin Joy Hansil, the next ruler of my homeland and a murderer of a land outside of my country. The other country on Aquarius was called the Forest, which is where all that despise my family were sent. Damien was my head bodyguard and I was supposed to marry my brother. The last thing shocked and concerned me, marrying my own brother? Was that sane? I looked down to my necklace and sighed with a heavy heart. “What is it?” Erick asked.
I looked up at him with sad eyes. “So our real parents died?” I asked and then looked away. “But I never got to see them again after they sent us away. We never got to be a family again.”
His warm hand caressed my right cheek and I put my hand over his. “We can still be a family.”
I nodded. “Yea.” I whispered but quickly looked to the door of the room when a small bell rang. Michel meowed to me and I gasped with joy as he looked at me. “Michel!” I exclaimed as I let go of my brother and went to Michel. Within a second of moving Damien grabbed my arm and moved in front of me. I pulled myself up so I could see over his left shoulder. “What are you doing?”
“Don’t get near that thing, Princess.” He said and I was shocked.
“That’s my cat! Why can’t I be near him?” I protested and Michel hissed at Damien.
“Because he is not a cat, he is a human shape shifter.” Damien said and the sound of a gunshot flew down the hall. Damien grabbed me and pulled me further from the door as 4 men shaded by cloaks ran into the room with guns pointed at my brother and Damien.
“Give us the girl!” One yelled in a deep tone as another man walked in bold and strong. He was muscular, tall, handsome, about 30, black haired, brown eyed, and looked like an actor playing a trucker. He pulled out a 5th gun and pointed it at my brother.
“Unless you want your precious prince dead, give us the princess!” The trucker yelled.
“Like hell I will!” Yelled Damien from in front of me, but he was pushed away from me as a firm grip formed around my upper right arm. A gun moved to my side and was pointed at Damien who was on the floor. An alarm sounded and the men put away their guns.
“Grab the girl and come on!” The trucker yelled to the man holding me, who quickly threw me onto his back and from under his hood he spoke.
“Hold on tightly, Princess.” He whispered to me and I did so. Damien ran after the man who was running with me, but stopped when my brother started running too. The man holding me sprinted at an incredible speed like his comrades and before I knew anything we were stopped inside the forest part of the country. The man pulled me off of his back as he and his companions took off their cloaks and let me see their faces. Most dressed like the trucker except for the man who had carried me, he was in a black fighter’s suit and had more guns on him. He handed me a medium sized suitcase and I took it. “That has your clothes in it so you do not have to wear the same thing.” He whispered and I looked at the ground. Who were these people and if they lived in the forest did they hate my family? But why were they being so nice to me? I asked myself but stopped when the trucker man bowed to me and I looked back to him.
“It is good to have you with us, Erin.”
I looked at him oddly. “Have we met?” I asked him curiously and he laughed lightly.
“It is I, Michel.”
“Michel!” I gasped and he smiled. I dropped the suitcase I had and ran to him. Even though he was not a cat anymore, he was still my best friend. I hugged Michel and he seemed pleased with it. When I was done Michel carried my suitcase for me and took my hand in his.
“Come along, Erin. I have someone you should see.” He said and I nodded. I followed him further into the forest but screamed lightly when I tripped. Michel caught me and then we kept on. We stopped in a clearing of the underbrush but still had trees over our heads. In the area were about 10 large tents and people walking around. Everyone stopped when we came into sight and bowed to Michel and I. Michel then led me to one of the many tents and opened the flap. “Come out here, sir.” He said and a man in a cloak came out and took off the hood. It was Gale! He stared at me just like I did to him, but I quickly looked down to the ground.
I grabbed my necklace in my right hand tightly. Sir Gallium rang in my ears as I looked up at Gale and I quickly curtsied. “Good day, Sir Gallium.” I whispered as I did not look at him and he seemed even more shocked than before. I looked over at Michel and sighed as my memories forced me to look away. I had dealt with these people before I left Aquarius. I was not supposed to look or think about these men anymore than haters. The man I was starting to fall for now became my enemy within moments as my best friend became my worst nightmare. “Sir Michel, when shall I be going back home?”
Michel’s eyes widened. “You are home now, Erin. You are back with Gale and I which you said a few weeks back was all you needed to have a home.” Michel said and tried to set his hand on my shoulder. I quickly flinched and he stopped. I looked up to the trees that covered the sun.
“I did not know my identity then, sir. If I am with the two of you I should fear for my life.”
“What are you talking about, Erin!” Michel yelled and he clenched his hands into fists.
“My TITLE is Princess Erin, sir! And I intend to go by such as the soon to be queen of my country!” I yelled and felt horrible about it. I did not want to yell but my brain was working without my consent. I looked out to my right to see a young mother watching me with fear and it tore my heart. My people hated me. “Please, sir.” I whispered to Michel as I finally looked at him, “Take me back to my home. I have frightened your people enough.”
“Princess Erin…” Gale said and I looked at him. “Please follow me.” He ordered and I felt forced to do so. I was brought into the large tent Gale had come out of with him. He sat and I did the same across from him, but the space was quickly demolished when Gale hugged me tightly. When he loosened his grip he looked into my eyes and then kissed me deeply like he had secretly at the beginning of this school year. I was shocked when I felt his warm tongue against mine and automatically followed his desires. He leaned me onto the ground and slid his fingers through my hair. When his lips left mine I was breathing heavily, but Gale did not stop there. He kissed my neck over and over as I felt the urge to give myself to Gale. Finally Gale stopped kissing me and just looked at me with a smile. “Now do you get what happened yesterday?” He asked me.
“No.”
“What?”
I sat up and so did he. “Those demons…what do they have to do with anything?” I asked him. “All that is here which I know well is you, Michel, Damien, and Erick.”
He sighed. “Those demons…they work for Damien.” He whispered and I gasped.
“But in all of my memories of this place those demons never showed!”
“You parents believed you and Erick were too young before you left to understand the truth…everyone who guards at the castle is controlled by or is a demon.” He said and then set his hand on my necklace. “But there is something else you have to know…it is about you and Erick.” He whispered and I nodded.
“Tell me.”
“You two are direct descendents of the two people who created our world. Lord Erick and Lady Erin were like the God of earth. The demons that hold the castle are going to try to control you and Erick. They want to use your combined powers to kill the people of the forest, then they will kill you too.” He whispered and then moved his hand to my cheek. “I left the castle ten years ago with my mother to get away from your parents who almost reached the full power the demons need, but when they died of fatigue I went to earth to try to kill you and Erick so that the demons could not kill my people.” He said and then caressed my cheek tenderly. “But from the moment I met you I could not harm you because I had fallen in love with you.” He admitted. “I then waited for the demons to come for you so that I could protect you and keep you out of their reach. But they sent Damien to get you and I could not stop him. I then met up with Michel, who was also protecting you, and decided to save you from the castle’s demons.”
I looked down at my legs. “So I am the new Lady Erin? I am her descendent?” I asked and he nodded in response. I looked up at Gale. “Did Lady Erin marry Lord Erick?”
He sighed. “Yes.”
I looked at him and felt horrible. “The demons…they want to marry me to Erick so that we will have to true bond Erick and Erin had before. They want me to marry my own brother!”
He brushed a tear off of my cheek and gave me a look of sorrow. “That is what I am here to stop, Erin. I am here to help you fight the demons.” He stood and smiled. “Everyone in the forest wants to help us save you and your brother from the demons.” I stood and he hugged me tightly. “I love you Erin. I won’t let those demons take my chance of marrying you without a fight.” He said and then held my hand in his. He led me out of the tent but a raindrop hit his hair and he put me back into the tent. I watched him go to a bag in the tent and pull out two black trench coats. He threw one to me and I put it on. The end of it hit my ankles as a tie in the front held it to my small build. He took my hand again with his hood on also and we left the tent. Outside we went over to Michel who now had on a trench coat too and I smiled to him. “We need to head to Lady Parish or it will get too dark to ride.” Gale told Michel who whistled and five people came to him. Four of them were from before but one was a girl with white hair like me. The eight of us went over to a stable of horses and Gale led me to a dark brown one. He got onto the horse and then helped me onto the spot behind him. He looked back to me and smiled. “We’ll be riding for about an hour through thick rain so just hold onto me tightly and everything will be fine.” He said and I nodded. He used the reigns to the horse as I held tightly to his waist. My view went from wood of the stable to a white sheet of wetness. All I could see was diluted images of the surrounding areas as the horses galloped through the wind and rain. I held onto Gale tighter and he seemed to relax slightly. I closed my eyes and let the running horse rock me to a light sleep. I saw white for a moment but then I saw Damien! He was sitting at a desk across from me and above a map as he read the areas like a palm reader does his job. I stood and saw my room at the castle from higher in the air. I moved quickly to the door and opened it. I then walked down the hall without knowing where I was and opened another door. Inside was what I guessed was my brother’s room as I went to a dresser and opened the drawer. A mirror caught my eye and I gasped! My brother’s face reflected back to me and knew I had done something I had only done once before when I lived here as a kid. I had gone into Erick’s mind and was seeing the world through his eyes. All the sudden Erick’s eyes grew and he gasped.
“Erin! Is that you?” He asked as I felt his mind touch me. I jumped out of his mind as fast as I could and opened my eyes to see my knees and Gale’s horse stopping. He jumped off and ran to me as I realized I was sitting on the mud soaked ground. Gale knelt to me as the other 6 people stopped.
“Are you okay Erin?” Gale asked me as he helped me up and I stood correctly again.
“Yea, I just slipped off.” I lied without knowing the truth. Gale got back on the horse and then helped me back on. I squeezed his waist and we started off again. This time I did not close my eyes and did not think of anything but Gale. After some time Gale stopped his horse in front of a small house and so did everyone else. Gale got off the horse and then helped me. Our horse was moved by one of the men as Michel came over to me and smiled.
“You okay? You took quite a fall back there.” He commented and I nodded.
“I just slipped and lost my grip, sorry.” I whispered and he seemed even more concerned. He then walked to the door of the house and everyone followed. He knocked and a mid-aged woman of about 35 or so let us in. Gale had me sit on a couch between him and Michel as the other 5 sat on another couch. The woman came over to me as I took off my hood and bowed.
“Good evening, Princess Erin.”
I smiled. “Good evening.”
“I am Perish, a friend of Sir Gallium.”
“Hello.”
She looked at me oddly. “Could you stand up for a moment and take off your coat, Princess?” She asked and I did so. She smelled the air deeply and then set her hand above my left hip. I winced in a gasp of discomfort as she sighed. She lifted up part of my shirt to show a large black and blue bruise on and above my left hip with a large bloody cut going through the middle.
“Erin!” Michel gasped in nervousness.
“You fell off a horse on your way here?” She asked and I gave her a look of confusion. “You had been frightened when you telepathically disturbed your brother’s mind and he felt your presence?”
“How do you know that!” I gasped and she smiled to me in a way that made me feel like a child.
“You weren’t going to tell anyone about it were you?” She asked me and then lightly chuckled. “I am telepathic too, my girl. I am also a blacksmith’s wife.” She said and then walked over to a table and brought back a box. She opened it to show emergency supplies. “Raise your arms please.” She said and I did so. She set a large layer of gauze on my cut and then wrapped my waist with a brown stretchy material that was sticky and made the gauze stay in place. She then pulled my shirt back down and instructed me to sit. “So, Gallium, are you here for your swords?” She asked and he nodded. She left and went to the back of her house, when she came back she was carrying 7 swords which she handed each to its’ owner. I sat there quietly until everyone had inspected their sword and was satisfied. I felt a slight tingling in my head and quickly threw my head between my legs and squeezed my eyes shut. Everyone stood and started to come to me.
“Stop! Everyone be still and quiet!” I yelled and the room went silent. The pain ached my whole body until a voice rang in my head. Erin it whispered and I gasped. “Erick?” I whispered and I felt joy coming from him. Where have they taken you, my love? I clenched my hands and started crying. “Get out of my head!” I whispered as pain set in and I finally shut my brother out of my thoughts. I then lifted my head up and brushed my tears away. The woman above me seemed sad.
“Your brother just tried to see where you were through your eyes didn’t he?” She asked and I just looked down. Her hand set on the crown of my head. “I felt the fright you had when his voice came to you. You were scared he was going to find out who took you and come kill them.” She whispered and I felt myself start to cry again. I felt her arms hug me in pity and love. “Its okay now, dear princess. He is gone.” She whispered in a soothing way.
“Yea.” I whispered and she moved away.
“The 8 of you should sleep at the hotel a few miles away. It is too stormy and too late to ride.” She said and Michel stood.
“Alright.” He replied and then we all stood. I followed everyone outside and got on Gale’s horse and we rode for a little while until we stopped in front of a hotel. When we went in our coats were soaked, but we were given two rooms. When we walked down the small hall at about midnight we stopped in front of two rooms across the hall from each other. “I will share this room with Gallium and Erin.” He told the others and they nodded. The other five went into the left room as I followed the two guys into the right one. We went in to see a bed and a pull out couch. I took off my jacket and hung it in the bathroom. I walked over to Michel and he was confused.
“I’ll put up your jacket.” I offered and he sighed.
“You are a Princess, Erin. You do not hang up clothes.” He chuckled and I smiled as I took the coat.
“I am your owner, Michel. I need to take care of you.” I teased and he laughed again. I hung up his jacket and then went up to Gale. “I’ll put up yours too.”
He shook his head. “You’re not my owner.”
I smiled to him as I took the jacket from him. “But you are my best friend, Gale.” I said and then left to put his jacket up. When I came back Gale and Michel were pulling out the couch bed. I walked over. “I will sleep on the couch.” I offered and Michel sighed.
“You have to get used to getting the best, Erin. And as you pet I want to give you the best.” He said and then looked over to the bed. “You can sleep there and I will take the couch with Gale.” He said and I nodded. I sat on the edge of the bed and slid my fingers through my hair as a substitute for a brush.
“I’m going to go get a drink.” Gale said and then looked at me. “Do you need anything?” I shook my head and he left me with Michel.
“You look a lot different from a cat.” I commented and he smiled to me.
“Well shape shifting into a cat was not my idea, it was Gale’s since he knew you liked cats.”
I looked at my feet. “We can’t outrun Damien and Erick for much longer, Michel.” I admitted.
“I know, but I had to let you find out the truth before the demons changed you.”
“What’s the point, Michel?” I asked. “The demons have my brother. I can’t do anything but follow their wishes.” I whispered. “Having me here with you just makes it more likely that you will be killed.”
“We aren’t that easy to catch, Erin.”
I hugged myself. “With me you are, Michel. I can feel my brother coming closer to us.” I whispered and then stood as the door opened. Gale came in and I walked over to the right side of my bed. “We should go to sleep.” I said and they nodded. I turned off the lights and slid off my shirt and the jeans I had gotten from the castle. I lay down until I finally went to sleep.

I woke up to see Michel still sleeping as Gale sat up and read a book. When I sat up he looked from the book to me and smiled. “Morning.” He whispered.
“Morning.” I whispered and while still covered with the sheets I grabbed my jeans and slid them on. I then stood in just a bra and pants. “I’m going to take a shower.” I whispered and he nodded lightly as he stared at my half naked body. I quickly went to the bathroom and started my shower. When I got out I put my jeans and shirt back on. When I came back out I had air dried my hair and stood with now damp hair as I saw the two guys putting up the bed. “Are we going?” I asked Michel.
“Yea. We are going to head back to the village.” Michel replied and I nodded. The three of us left the hotel and met the other 5 people outside with the horses. The owner of the small hotel sprinted out to us and bowed to Gale.
“Sir Gallium, I just got news that the soldiers were seen in the next town over.” He warned us and Gale nodded. The man left and I got onto Gale’s horse with him. We started riding in the areas of the forest that were fields and beautiful sunlight fell on us. I put my head on Gale’s shoulder and he looked back at me for a moment but quickly looked back to where he was going.
“So this is your home?” I asked him.
He smiled. “Yea, this is it when it isn’t raining.”
“It’s beautiful.” I said but immediately gasped and squeezed tighter to Gale. “Quickly! Get us to the trees!” I yelled and he did not ask questions. He quickly turned the group into the trees and stopped the horse to look back to me.
“Why are we over here?” He asked and I felt my stomach ache.
“Erick is about a mile behind us. He is following our horse tracks in the tall grass. If we move through the trees he won’t be able to follow us so easily.”
“We’re going to stay in the trees while moving. We are being hunted.” Gale informed the others. They followed us through the trees until a gun was fired. “Faster!” Gale yelled to the others behind us. Everyone whipped the reigns and the horses ran at full speed until a yelling was heard. I looked behind us to see a man in armor on a horse sprinting at Michel who was in the back of the group. The man pointed a gun at Michel.
“Michel!” I yelled. “Veer left!” Without a word Michel did so and so did everyone else, but the trigger was pulled and I cringed when the bullet pierced my left arm near my wrist and went through it. I grabbed my arm and let go of Gale who quickly grabbed onto me and looked back to see blood pouring from the wound.
“Spread out!” Gale ordered but he quickly stopped his horse when a figure stopped a few feet in front of us. I looked around Gale to see Damien pointing a sword at Gale as another bullet was shot and hit the guy riding behind us.
“Give back the Princess, monster!” Damien yelled to Gale in a hiss of anger.
“Never!” Gale yelled. “I won’t give her back to you!” He hissed back and was about to whip the reigns of his horse but I grabbed it tightly. He looked back at me as I hopped off the horse and squeezed my arm as blood fell in droplets between my fingers. I felt light headed but looked up bravely to Gale.
“Get out of here,” I whispered, “I will sneak back to you as soon as I can.” Gale nodded and trusted my promise. He yelled to the others and they rode away. Damien hopped off his horse and ran to my side as I slumped to the ground. A running horse caught my attention and I looked up to Erick, but quickly looked away. Damien ripped off part of his shirt and wrapped it around my arm before Erick saw the blood clearly. Damien held out his hand and pulled me up, but when he let go of my useable arm I quickly slumped back to the ground. I grabbed my arm as blood started dripping from the piece of Damien’s shirt. Damien picked me up like a child and carried me to his horse. Unlike with Gale, Damien put me in front of him on the horse. He held the reigns with his right hand as he kept me close to him with his left arm that went around me. I felt faint and laid my body against Damien while my head rested on his chest. He started his horse as everyone followed and he pulled me closer to him again.
“Hang in there, Erin.” He whispered and I closed my eyes. I just listened to the surroundings as I kept my eyes closed and stayed like that until the horse stopped. Damien hopped off and quickly took me off the horse also. He quickly carried me inside and brought me to a doctor. I ended up getting 6 stitches in my arm, a major bandage around it, and a blood transfusion. When I left the doctor’s room Damien carried me to my room and laid me on the bed. He sat on the side of the bed and ordered a maid to get me some water. When the maid came back with the water Erick followed her. He came over to us and looked to Damien.
“Could you give us a moment alone?” He asked and Damien nodded. He left with the maid and shut my bedroom door. Erick sat on the edge of the bed by me and looked to me. “Why did you push me out of your head earlier, Erin? I was trying to find you and save you.”
I looked at my legs. “I was scared that you would fight Michel and Gale.”
“They abducted you, Erin! Of course I was going to fight them!” Erick protested.
“Even if I am supposed to hate both of them, Erick, they were my two best friends on earth and I can’t get around that! I can’t just watch you kill my old friends!”
He seemed frustrated but then sighed. “I get it.” He said quietly. “It makes sense.” He leaned over and kissed my lips lightly. “Did anyone try anything?”
I shook my head with the guilty pleasure of my love for Gale in the back of my mind. “They treated me better than I ever have been, actually. When I tried to hang up my coat they insisted to do it.” I said and bent the truth to make it seem like Michel and Gale weren’t bad people.
He frowned. “I have to go.” He mumbled and then left the room. Damien came back and sighed.
“Why did Erick leave so angrily?”
“He’s just mad because I did not hate my time with other people, I think.” I said quietly and then threw the covers off of me. “Can I change?” I asked and he nodded. He went to a dresser and took out a long summer dress for me. I tried to take off my shirt when Damien turned around, but could not. I felt stupid. “Damien, could you please help me?” He came over and slid off my shirt slowly to make sure he did not hurt my arm. I could feel his gaze to my bare back as I slid on the dress over my head. I undid my jeans under the dress and slid out of them. I picked up the clothes and a maid got them. “That’s better.” I said mainly to myself. “Damien, am I allowed to leave my room?”
“Of course!” He laughed. “Where do you want to go?”
I looked at him and shrugged. “I don’t know, where did I go as a kid?”
“To the garden to read.” He replied and I nodded.
“Then I will go to the garden to read.” I said as I took a book of the bookshelf I had found hidden on the side of the dresser. “Can you lead me there?” I asked and he took my right hand in his. He led me through halls of the castle until we got to a beautiful flowered garden. There was a couch that had just been pulled out after the storm ended so I went and laid on it. Damien sat in a chair next to me and just relaxed but that was shortly lived since my brother called Damien. “Go on.” I offered. He left and I sat, but did not read. I just moved the pillow to make it more comfortable for me and closed my eyes. I felt better and fell asleep.

When I woke up I saw a guy about 18 years old trimming the bushes in the garden. I sat up and he looked to me but with a look of disgust he turned away. I stood and walked over to him. I sat next to where he was working. “You’re a person from the forest, aren’t you?”
He looked up at me with surprise and nodded.
“Are you part of Sir Gallium’s village?” I asked and then handsome guy seemed even more surprised.
“I am, but how do you know of Gallium, Princess?” He asked me as he sat down next to me.
I smiled. “Sir Gallium was a very good friend of mine before and is a very great man.”
“So when Gallium left the planet to kill you he ended up becoming allies with you?” He asked me and I nodded with a smile of truth.
“What is your name?”
“Isaac, Princess.”
“Please, Sir Isaac, call me Erin.” I said kindly and then looked at my bandage. “How often do you go back to your village?”
“Every weekend I am allowed to go back.”
I smiled as I looked at him. “I have something I need to tell Sir Gallium.” I whispered. “If I gave you a letter could you give it to him? I would really appreciate it.”
He looked at me with surprise. “But it is Friday, Erin. I am leaving at 6.”
I nodded. “If I have it done by then will you give it to Sir Gallium?” I asked and he smiled.
“Yes.”
“Thanks.” I replied kindly but slightly jumped.
“Erin.” Erick called out of the castle and I quickly stood. I curtsied to Isaac and then left. Erick did not seem pleased with me. “Why did you just curtsy to a worker, Erin?”
“I don’t know. I just wanted to.” I slightly lied.
“Anyway, Damien had to leave for a few hours, so for safety precautions I want you to go stay in your room.”
I nodded to him. “Alright.” I said and then walked to my room. I shut the door before Erick could follow me in and I went to my bed. I took out a pen and stack of paper as I leaned back onto my pillows.
Dear Gale,
I have gotten my arm healed and recovering well, just in case you were worried. How is the other person who got shot? Is he all right? How are you and Michel?
Also I need you to help me with something. I need to get something from my house on earth, but cannot find a way there. I know the ritual I am supposed to use yet I am being checked on all the time and if I leave I am scared they will come kill everyone in your village because they may think you or Michel helped me. Also, I am trying to find a way around marrying Erick and will tell you if I find something. I love you and hope to see you soon.
With all my heart,

Erin

I folded the letter into thirds and let out a long needed sigh. How would Gale react to me going straight out and telling I love him? Would he be mad or happy? But I decided sitting around wondering what he would think would do nothing and that I should quickly bring the letter to Isaac since he was leaving any moment. I quickly got up and ran to the door but jumped when the door opened without me touching it. I was frightened when Damien stood in the doorway with Erick behind him. “Erin, can I talk to you for a moment?” Erick asked and I felt my mind blank. His eyes immediately went to the paper in my hand and I quickly pulled it to my chest.
“I’m sorry, but I have to go.” I replied as kindly as I could and tried to move past Damien.
He held my unharmed arm. “Where are you going?”
“I have to give this to someone right now.” I replied quietly as I looked into his eyes strongly. He frowned.
“Who is it for?”
“A friend.”
He frowned again. “But you don’t know anyone here other than us two.” He could tell I was hiding something.
I shook my head. “No I have to give this to my friend Isaac.”
“Who is Isaac? I’ve never heard of him.” Erick said and I frowned like Damien was to me.
“He is one of your workers, Erick. You should try to meet them like I have.” I retorted and then pushed Damien’s hand off of me. “Now if you will excuse me…” I started to say but stopped.
“Erin!” Isaac called as he walked over to us. By calling me Erin he was given angry looks by Damien and Erick, which I ignored.
“Hey, Isaac.” I said kindly to him.
“I was just coming to see you.”
“Really?”
He nodded. “I’m leaving for the weekend right now, so I was going to see if you have that letter ready.”
I handed the paper to him with kindness. “Thanks again for this, Isaac.” I said kindly. “Have a safe trip.”
He smiled back to me. “Don’t worry, I will.” He said and then looked up to my brother, but back to me quickly. “I’ll see you on Monday.” He added and then walked off. I went back into my room and the two guys followed. Erick shut the door and I sat on my bed.
“Whom is Isaac giving that note to?” Damien asked me with a frown even though he knew the answer.
“No one.”
Damien seemed angrier. “I have to know everything you do, Erin. Tell me who you sent that letter to or I will go hunt down Isaac and take it.”
I looked out the window of my room. “He is bringing it to Gale.” I replied and my brother grabbed my unhurt arm so that I turned back to him.
“I told you to stay away from him, Erin!” He yelled and I felt my whole body shake in a rush of fear. “He is trying to kill our family! That means he will kill you!”
I stood tall and looked up at Erick with anger. “Don’t talk about Gale like that!” I warned, “Gale would never hurt me just like I would never hurt him!”
“He is our enemy, Erin!” He yelled to me and I put my hands on my hips.
“He might be your enemy, Erick, but he is not mine! Gale and Michel care about me more than you ever could!” I yelled and then turned to the window of my room and spoke in a whisper as I chocked back tears. “They don’t lock me up in a room or yell at me constantly.” I brushed a tear away and then hugged myself. “They do everything for me and only me. They treat me like I’m priceless to them and they wanted to fight an army of hundreds even though they only had 7 people just because they did not want me to go back here…” I then turned to Erick and frowned as more tears fell. “They understand that I am miserable here and hate being used for YOUR people’s own benefit! They also hate that the only reason I came here without a fight was for my brother even though he is not here anymore!”
“What are you talking about? I’m right here!”
I looked at my feet and a tear dripped off my nose. “No, Prince Erick is here. I want my brother I loved so badly back! I want the brother I cried over because he did not show up at home and worried me horribly!”
“Erin…” Damien said as he tried to put his hand on my shoulder but I quickly moved and they were both shocked. I walked over to my door and looked back.
“I will be in the library. Don’t bother me unless someone I want to be here shows up.” I replied rudely and then left.

I left the library to see it was pitch black outside. I walked through the dead halls and went to my room but stopped when I saw Damien sitting on the ground in front of my door. I walked over to him and kicked the sleeping man. He stood quickly and smiled at me. “Hey.”
“I can’t get into my room unless you move.” I replied dryly and he sighed.
“Can’t we talk Erin?” He asked me with sad eyes.
“I don’t want to talk to a hectarine right now.” I said and his eyes widened I frowned even more. “Obviously I know what you are, Damien and I also know what you want to do with Erick.”
“What?” He asked while playing dumb.
“I don’t have time for your games, demon.” I said and then pushed past him. I went into my room to shut the door but I was stopped when Damien put his foot in the way. I pushed even harder on the door but he didn’t move. I pushed even more but was frightened when the door pushed open. I looked to Damien and was shocked to see he had done that by himself. He pushed the door open and I fell onto the ground. He came in as I scurried to a sitting position and he locked the door. “What are you doing? Why did you lock the door?” I yelled and he came over to me. He put his hand over my mouth and then picked me up with his other hand. He threw me onto my bed and came on top of me. I struggled but he grabbed my wrists and held my legs down with his own. I watched his eyes as I struggled and saw the brown part turn a deep orange. He smiled in a way that made my skin crawl.
“I like pray that struggles and is clueless about the enemy.” He said evilly and I opened my mouth to scream for help but was petrified when I felt Damien’s tongue against mine. I started to cry and he seemed happier.

I woke up and felt a warm object on my arm. I looked over my shoulder to see a sleeping Damien. I looked off the bed to see clothes all around and busted out in tears. I calmed myself and then carefully slid my arm from Damien as I got off the bed. I grabbed a short black dress from my closet and slid it on after finding my under wears on the ground. I also grabbed a blanket from under my bed and took it. I left my room quietly to see it was still slightly dark outside and went to the garden to lie on the couch from yesterday. I used the blanket to warm me in the cold morning air and went to sleep.

I was woken up by Erick and looked up to him as he sat on the edge of the couch. I quickly sat up and looked at the sky. The sun was high in the sky so I knew it was near noon. I pulled my legs towards me and hugged them. Erick gave me a look of curiosity with a touch of regret. “Erin, what can I do to fix everything between us?” He asked as he laid his left hand over mine. “I don’t want you to hate me.”
I shook my head and looked to the garden around us. “I don’t hate you, Erick I just wish you could be like you used to be on earth.”
“But I am the Prince, Erin. I have to act like a prince or I will let down our people.” He said and I sighed.
“Erick, these people…the ones in this castle other than us and the maids…they are not human.”
He seemed offended. “What do you mean by ‘not human’? They are humans.”
I shook my head again. “I have seen their real form, Erick and when I went to the library last night I found out what they really are. They are called ‘hectarine’ which is a name Lady Erin gave them when they first came to this planet.” I squeezed Erick’s hand in mine. “They want to use you and me to take over this planet from the humans that created it. You and I are direct descendents of Lord Erick and Lady Erin. The hectarine demons ended up killing our mother and father by trying to make them use enough power to kill all humans, but they did not have enough power to do that so the hectarine demons decided we could do it.” I brushed a tear from my cheek. “They want us to marry so that we have to same bond as the Lord and Lady so we can destroy what we made at one point. But after we are successful with the plans they…” I started to explain but was crying too hard to finish. Erick hugged me tightly in his arms and comforted me.
“Please, tell me.”
I nodded and looked back at his face. “They will kill you too, Erick and once you are gone they will have me give birth to more powerful hectarine demons so that one day they will become invincible.” I whispered and his eyes were widened. “Please Erick, tell me you believe me.” I whispered and he looked away.
“I don’t know what to think, Erin.” He whispered and I cried again.
“I promise you on my life that I speak the truth.” I whispered and he looked back to me. He stood up.
“I have to think about this, Erin.” He said and I just watched in horror. He didn’t believe me and I knew I could not stop this conspiracy without him. I wanted my old brother back that would believe me and protect me. I could not do this by myself. I needed Erick. I took another second to think and realized I did not really need Erick, who I needed was Gale. I quickly got up and ran inside. I sprinted to my room but jumped in horror when I opened the door to see Damien. I walked in and he came towards me. I quickly moved to my dresser and grabbed my chucks that had been brought here from earth for me. I slid my feet into them and gasped when I stood. Damien pinned me against the wall as his orange eyes pierced my soul. He kissed me deeply and I tried to push him away but it didn’t work. I finally let go and he smiled to me in an icy way.
“How is my prey this morning?” He asked evilly.
“I have to go meet Erick, Damien. Excuse me.” I whispered and he moved away. I quickly left the room as tears fell and I ran to the stable on the north side of the castle. I found a deep brown horse and went up to it. The animal kindly took a liking to me and I got on her without a saddle but with reigns. She started running and kept at a strong speed until we reached the forest. I slowed her down and remembered the route I had taken with Michel and his people last time. I slowly moved the majestic creature through the trees but did not see anyone for hours. I felt my heavy heart affecting my eyes to form tears but kept on. I then stumbled upon a small house with a picket fence holding a garden of fruits and vegetables and a young girl watching me. I moved the horse closer and she stood strongly. “Excuse me, I am looking for the nearest town.” I said kindly and she blushed. When I dismounted off the horse she ran off. “Wait! Come back!” I called as I ran after her into a small barn, but stopped when the girl appeared with a tall man next to her. The guy took off the hat on his head and I was shocked to see a friend. “Isaac!” I exclaimed and he walked over to me with curiosity.
“Erin, what are you doing here?” He asked as he walked towards me. I burst into tears of joy and he seemed startled. He ran to me and tried to figure out why I was crying.
“I thought would never find anyone!” I whispered and then brushed my tears away. “Isaac, have you given that letter to Gale yet?” I asked and he sighed.
“Gale is on a mission. But he should be here any moment.” He said as he handed me the letter. I took it and got back to my horse.
“I hope to see you soon, Isaac.” I said and then started off. I rode in the opposite direction of the house and saw a group of horses. I quickly rode that way and was so happy to see Gale at the front. “Gale!” I cried and he looked over to me in shock. I quickly got off my horse and ran over to him. He got off of his horse also and I hugged him as I cried. He was shocked but held me tightly in his arms, which made me cry even harder. He brushed the tears off of my face as I looked at his beautiful eyes.
“Erin, what are you doing here?” He asked me and I held back more tears.
“I…I had to see you, Gale.” I whispered.
“Get back on your horse. We will go back to my tent and talk.” He said and I nodded. My horse seemed fine with me getting back on so we got to the village within minutes. Gale took me to his tent and we sat down. “What happened to you, Erin? You seem weak and keep crying.”
I looked at him. “The demons…they are planning to kill Erick.” I whispered in shame. “Then they are going to make me conceive their children so that they are more powerful.” I added and chocked back tears.
“What!” He yelled with anger.
“And…” I started to say but looked away.
“And what?” He asked me as he came over and sat next to me on the ground.
“I was raped…” I whispered and he was silent. He then turned me to him.
“By who!”
I looked down. “Damien.” I whispered and then looked back to him. “He is a demon too.”
“How the hell did he get away with that!” Gale yelled. “How could Erick let that happen?”
“It was at midnight last night and Damien made it so I could not call to Erick and wake him up.” I cried again. “He raped me when I wanted to lose my virginity to someone I loved and that loved me.” I whispered and then looked over to Gale. “I wanted you to be my first.” I whispered and then looked down at my body. “But now I can’t even look at myself without feeling disgusted.” I then looked at my dress. I laughed lightly. “And you know what, I trusted Damien. I really trusted him even though I assumed he was a demon. I was starting to really like him.” I said and then looked to Gale. “But I came here so quickly today because I want you to get every human off of Aquarius.” His eyes widened with surprise. “I will allow the demons to think they have won and then I will get Erick off of the planet. After that I will find a way to get away or will die trying, but either way everyone will get away and be alright.”
Gale grabbed my wrists and pulled me right to his face. “I’m not going to leave you here by yourself to fight the demons.” He said and then slid me onto the ground while he lay on top of me. “I love you too much to let you go.” He whispered and then kissed me again.

I sat up when Gale came back into his tent while I covered myself with only a blanket. He seemed angry and distressed about something as he sat down next to me. He had just left a minute ago when Isaac came to talk to him with an urgent message. “Damien and other demons are on their way here to get you.” He said with a sigh of stress. I knew he wanted to fight Damien and also that he could not win if he did. I laid my head on his shoulder and he kissed my head. He held my left hand in his right.
“I will go with them.” I whispered and he was about to protest but I stopped him. “I have to go back to Erick. He is defenseless without me there. I can’t just leave my brother to die because of me.”
He sighed again but deeper this time. “I know.” He said and brushed my hair with his fingers. “I will come to you tomorrow and every day after until we come up with some kind of plan.” I nodded to the answer and then stood. My blanket fell but I did not care as I slid on my clothes. I tied my shoes and then left the tent as Gale followed. We went to my horse and I mounted it without a saddle. I took the reigns, leaned over, kissed Gale for the last time today, and then went off. When I reached almost the end of the forest I saw about 30 horses with riders and frowned as they noticed me. Erick rode over at full speed and pulled his horse up to the right side of mine as he tried to keep it still, but mine was calm and still. I looked away from Erick’s beautiful eyes because I knew I could lead to his death because I was a woman.
“We’ve been searching this area for hours! Where have you been?” He asked with slight relief.
“I was with Michel.”
“Why were you with him? After we talked this morning you ran off without anyone knowing.” He said and then looked over to Damien. “Damien and I were worried sick about you.” I looked away from the whole group but quickly looked back to them when a soldier moved quickly.
“Who are you?” The soldier yelled as I looked to the man running towards me. “Halt!” He ordered as he loaded his gun but I quickly moved my horse to the man.
“Stop! Don’t shoot him!” I yelled and the soldier stopped. I stopped in front of Isaac and looked at him with curiosity. “What is it Isaac?” I asked.
“I’m coming back to the castle with you.” He replied with a smile.
“Why? You’re supposed to be here until Monday.” I replied and he nodded.
“I want to and I was requested to.” He replied and I sighed. Gale had sent him to protect me. “Is it alright if I come with you, Erin?” He asked me.
“She is Princess Erin to you, boy!” Damien yelled and I gave him a glare that stopped him.
“If you call me Erin so can Isaac.” I spat to him and then held my arm to Isaac to help him up. He grabbed onto my elbow and I grabbed onto his in order to get him up. He got on behind me and held onto my waist. I looked over to my brother and then towards the light outside the trees. “We should go.” I said and then started off.

There is more to come if anyone would like.

I woke up with hunger and sighed. I got out of bed and made sure my nightgown was not awkwardly placed. I then left my room without shoes and went to the kitchen. The room was cold and dead, but I ignored the curiously silent room and got crackers out of the pantry. I took them with me to my room and sat at my windowsill as I ate. I watched the sun slowly rise in the purple sky. Once it was fully up I heard the rustle of people waking and was not surprised when Isaac came into my room. He sat in a chair he pulled up to the windowsill and smiled to me. I took his right hand in mine and set it on my slightly large stomach. He tensed for a moment when he felt something move and I laughed. “He’s up early just like us.”
“He?” Isaac asked and I nodded.
“My baby is a boy. I found out yesterday while you were gone.” I said and then looked back to the sun. “So has there been any word from Gale or Michel?”
A deep sigh came from Isaac with a shake of his head. “No one has seen or heard from them for almost four months now. I think they might have been killed.”
I looked at my stomach. “No. They can’t be dead. Gale still doesn’t know he is a dad. He will come around soon enough.”
“So when are you going to tell people? You’re almost half way through your pregnancy. If you don’t tell people soon they will figure it out on their own.”
“By ‘they’ you mean Erick and Damien, correct?” I asked and he nodded. “I know they will figure it out, but I will not tell them before I tell Gale.”
“But what if Gale never comes back?”
I frowned. “Don’t say that.”
“I’m just looking at the facts, Erin.” He said and then set his hand on my shoulder. “Trust me, I want him to be alive and well as much as you do.”
I nodded. “I know.” I whispered with a sad look towards him, but we were interrupted by a knock at the door. “Yes?” I asked the closed door.
“Erin, it’s me.” Erick said and I looked at Isaac with a look as if to say ‘don’t say a word’. “Are you ready for today? I need you to look over something.”
“I’ll meet you in the kitchen in a few minutes.” I replied and then stood. Isaac left after Erick did and I changed into a loose dress that would not show my stomach. I then left the room and went to the kitchen. When I saw Erick I smiled and then poured myself a glass of water. Once I had drunk all of it we left and went to Erick’s office. The place looked like a dark wooded den but I enjoyed the look as Erick slid a paper across the table between us. “What’s this?” I asked him curiously.
“It declares our marriage to be real.” He relied without looking at me purposely. He knew I was mad and I showed it by shoving the paper back to him.
“We are not going to marry, Erick.”
“It is for the good of our people.”
I stood out of my chair and walked to the door of the room. “They are your ‘people’, if that’s what you want to classify them as. I think of them more as demons.”
“Not this again, Erin.” He said with a sigh.
“Then don’t bring it up, Erick.” I argued. “Now if you will excuse me, I have to go check something…”
Erick stood with anger. “It doesn’t matter how many times you check, Erin! Gale and Michel ran off! They’re gone and aren’t coming back! They may even be dead!”
I opened the door angrily. “Hold your tongue!” I ordered. “Don’t even say that! Gale and Michel are coming back! I know they are!” I yelled and then slammed the door behind me. I quickly blocked my mind from my brother’s immediate intrusion as I walked out of the corridor of the castle he was in and left the castle. I was stopped quickly when something hit my back lightly. I turned and quickly caught the thin sash as I saw Isaac smiling to me. I looked up at him curiously as I put sash over my shoulders.
“If you go out in that you two will freeze.” He explained without truly saying much that meant anything to anyone but the two of us. I smiled to him.
“Thanks, Isaac. I’ll be back soon.” I added and then went to the stable on the side of the castle. My horse I had now claimed as mine that had brought me to Gale more than 4 months ago seemed excited to see me. I got on her and led her to the town behind the castle. I went slowly to the grand church there and left her outside as I went in. No one was in the church except for the priest who was dusting the statue of the Lord and Lady. I went over to him as he turned and I curtsied.
“Well Princess Erin, what a pleasant surprise.” He said kindly with a bow back to me.
“I’m just here to pray, sir, if you don’t mind.”
He smiled. “That is what this building was made for, dear girl. Use as much as needed.” He said and I nodded. He left me and I put my hands together as I slightly bowed my head like a person would do on earth if they were at a house of god. The room fell silent.
“Lady Erin, please hear my prayer.” I said and then looked up at the statue. “I pray for the safety of my dear friend Michel and the love of my life, Gallium. I also pray they will come back to me soon,” Tears ran down my cheeks, “I cannot raise my son without his true father! I want to let my son have what I didn’t! I want him to grow and live with his true parents! He deserves that!” I brushed the tears away, “I miss them so badly and cannot hold off those that threaten to kill your true people with my heart thinking of someone else. Gale is my love, hope and strength like Lord Erick was for you. But, unlike you, I cannot marry the Prince Erick that loves me. I cannot marry a man that does not believe his own family and does not truly love me! I can’t marry anyone but Gale!” I cried more and then stood straight, “Please, Lady Erin, with all of my loyalty towards you and only you, I need your help. No one else can do so. Please.” I whispered but stopped when footsteps shook my concentration. I quickly turned to see an enraged Damien quickly coming towards me. He grabbed me before I could get away and pushed me to the ground. He stood above me with death and fury in his eyes that terrified me.
“You’re pregnant! With Gale’s child! You b****!” He yelled and I tensed when I felt a blow to my right side. I grabbed my side as I felt blood slowly dripping from the horribly painful wound of his kick. “You’re ruining everything!” He yelled and then pulled a knife out of his pocket. “I will kill it before it can ruin our plans!” He hissed and then lunged for me. I quickly rolled to the side as he hit the floor hard and I scurried to my feet. I ran out of the church and quickly got to my horse. I made her run as fast as possible when I noticed Damien chasing after me on his own horse. When I got to the castle I quickly stopped and ran inside. I sprinted down the hall towards my brother when I was pushed to the ground from behind. I grabbed my stomach as I slid across the tiled floors and Damien pulled his knife back out.
“Erick!” I screamed with fear but it was too late. Time seemed to slow as Damien lunged at me again, but I was as surprised as Damien when he was slammed into by someone and thrown to the white wall by us. I quickly sat up to see Damien trying to fight Isaac who has knocked the knife from his hand. A door opened and Erick ran to me. I watched in horror as Damien punched Isaac in the face. “Isaac!” I cried as Damien stood with a deadly look in his eyes that had turned orange. But when he looked over to me and saw Erick next to me he froze. I stood quickly and ran to Isaac. I fell to his side and tried to wipe the blood coming from his face as I cried. Isaac winced when I touched the wound and I felt even worse. He gave me a look of sorrow and I hugged his waist tightly as I cried more. He tried to hug me back but gasped when I felt him touch my right side. I looked up to him as he stared at his bloody hand. He quickly froze with shock as he realized I was bleeding horribly. I sat up and he gave me a strong glance.
“Who did that to you!” He demanded and I looked down to my knees. Isaac started to get up as he realized Damien had done so, but I grabbed him.
“Don’t!” I pleaded.
“How could you hurt Erin this badly, Damien!” Isaac yelled in anger. “And then you tried to attack her with a knife! What’s wrong with you? Have you gone crazy!”
Erick watched with uncertainty as Damien clenched his fists. “I’m not crazy! She is!”
“What!”
“She’s pregnant!” He hissed. “She’s ruining everything!” Damien yelled and started to come after me but Erick put his arm in front of him.
Isaac looked down to me and I looked away. “Ever thought she does not want to let you rape her anymore! And did you ever consider that she may love Gale!” Isaac helped me stand and set his hand on my cheek as he looked back to Damien. “You are a sick person that does not deserve to be protected by Erin! She didn’t tell anyone that you raped her because she knew you would be killed! Even after all you have done! Even after finding out you wanted to kill her brother! She still protected you even though you deserve to die!”
“Isaac…” I whispered and he quickly looked to me. “I need to get to the doctor.”
“Right.” He replied and the quickly brought me away. He took me to the doctor’s room that gave me a look of horror when he saw my side. I ended up getting four stitches in my side and a large bandage. But, I found out my son was not injured in this because the blow to my side was taken by my lowest rib on that side which was cracked and meant I could not do much until it healed.
“Thank you doctor.” I whispered kindly to him and he smiled to me as he sat down by my side that was not taken by Isaac.
“The prince asked for your presence in his office after I had seen you.” He said and then sighed. “Also he thought you should know that Damien has been put under house arrest so that he cannot touch you again.”
“Thank you Lord and Lady.” Isaac said with a breath of relief. “We should go.” He said to me and I nodded. I started to get up but the doctor grabbed my arm.
“You need to be very careful, Princess. Remember.” He sad and I nodded. Isaac led me slowly to Erick’s room and stopped with his hand on the doorknob.
“Do you want me to come in?”
“No, but please stay close by.” I asked and he nodded. He opened the door and I went inside to see Erick sitting at his desk with his head down, which quickly moved up when Isaac shut the door behind me. I looked at Erick as he stood and came over to me.
“Hey, so what’s the doctor’s verdict?” He asked and then led me to a chair across from his. I sat down in it and he quickly went to his to hear my report.
“I had to get a few stitches on my side and have a cracked rib.” I replied quietly and then set my hand on my stomach. I looked up at him with regret. “I’m so sorry Erick. I should have told you I was pregnant.”
He looked away from me. “While you were with the doctor I tried to come up with an answer to why you didn’t tell me, but never came up with one.”
I set my hand over his that was on the table. “I wanted to tell you the moment I found out, Erick but…” I looked down from his gaze, “I thought Gale deserved to know before anyone. I wanted to make sure he even wanted this child but he has been missing for a long time now. I now am going to have the child but I still wanted Gale to know first. But believe me, Erick, once I told Gale I was going to come directly to you next.”
“So Isaac knows?”
I nodded. “He figured it out before I did.” I laughed lightly. “And he has offered to help me through this in place of Gale. Isaac really is a wonderful person.”
Erick squeezed my hand in his and I looked at him with curiosity. “Erin, what have you not told me? All I know is you were raped by Damien and are pregnant with Gale’s child that Damien tried to kill.”
“The night when I read everything about the demons in the castle I went back to my room and Damien insisted on talking to me but I wanted nothing to do with a demon and he became angry. His eyes changed into a deep orange that means he is ready to kill and he raped me and kept it so I could not yell to you. When I got up the next morning I talked to you and you did not believe anything about the demons, which made me feel like no one understood me here since Isaac was gone. So I quickly left the castle and went to Gale because I had to tell him how sorry I was.” I started but Erick stopped me.
“Sorry? Why were you sorry?”
I sighed. “I had wanted Gale to be my first, but Damien had taken that from me so I had to tell Gale I was sorry.” I looked at Erick and he seemed very uncomfortable but told me to go on. “Gale tried to calm me down and we ended up telling each other our true feelings which in the moment made us give ourselves to each other.” I looked at my stomach. “That is how I conceived Gale’s child.” I looked back to Erick. “But then a few days later Gale snuck into the castle and wanted to kill Damien for what he had done but I stopped him. He then told me that he had to leave for a while but would come back the second he could…that was the last time I saw Gale and Michel.”
“So what happened today that led to the fight?”
“I went to the church in town to pray for Gale and Michel’s safe return and Damien overhead me telling Lady Erin that I wanted my child to have his real father in his life and that I needed Gale. He then got mad and tried to attack me so when I got away all I could think of was to come to you. I knew you would protect me from Damien, but before I got to your room Damien caught me and before he could kill my child he was attacked by Isaac which was when you came in.”
“What I don’t understand is why Damien wanted to kill your child so badly.”
“He told me that I was ruining his plan to have me give birth to powerful demons.” I said and then gave a look of sadness to Erick. “That is what I was trying to tell you the day everything started but you didn’t believe me.” I said as I looked away and he stood. He walked over to me and lifted my chin so that I was looking at him.
“I was wrong to not believe you, Erin.” He seemed extremely sorry. “So, so wrong.”
“So you believe me?”
He nodded and then lightly hugged me. “I love you Erin and believe you.” He thought for a moment. “And I’m sorry I tried to make you marry me. I just thought that if you did I could protect you better.”
“I love you too Erick.” I said as I held him close to me. “I love you so much. I will never let those things kill you. Not while I’m still breathing.”
Erick laughed. “Oh yea? You’re going to fight demons while pregnant? I’d like to see that.” He laughed and then helped me stand. He helped me until we got to Isaac who seemed surprised to see my brother smiling.
“So what’s the situation with Damien?” Isaac asked Erick. “If he gets anywhere near Erin I swear I’ll…”
“Calm down, Isaac.” I assured him and then looked to Erick. “Where is Damien anyway?”
“He is under house arrest and cannot leave his quarters. He also will be escorted at all times and is not allowed anywhere near either of you.”
“Thanks.”
“It’s my pleasure.” Erick replied to me and then I left with Isaac. He brought me back to my room and I told him everything that had happened.

I sat up quickly at about midnight a week later when I felt something wet on my left arm. I threw back my covers to see watery blood and quickly ran to the bathroom. I stuck a towel between my legs like I had seen a woman on a movie do and quickly but quietly ran to Erick’s room. I knocked on the door frantically until Erick opened it. I was covered in sweat and looked odd with my legs so oddly put together. “Erick…” I gasped between heavy breaths. “Something’s wrong.”
“What!”
“Something’s wrong with my baby.” I gasped as I tried to not fall to the floor.
“Let’s go to the doctor’s room.” He suggested and I nodded. Erick picked me up and moved as fast as he could to the doctor’s room. He knocked on the door like I had to him and the doctor quickly opened it. “Something’s wrong with the baby.” Erick explained and we were let into his room. We went into the doctor’s part of the place and I was set on the large chair in there. The doctor took the towel from my legs and seemed shocked in a bad way. He quickly lifted the end of my nightgown, which made me uncomfortable, but I knew I should trust him.
“Sir Erick, go wake up my assistants! Quickly!” The doctor ordered and Erick ran out of the area.
“What’s wrong, sir?” I asked him.
“You’re dilated, Miss Erin. You are going into labor.” He replied and I sat up quickly.
“What!” I yelled. “But I’m only five months! I’m only halfway through the pregnancy!”
“Lady Erin had her children in half the time of usual so your body must be following the same trend.” He explained and I started to cry. He moved the chair so that it was flat and took out an IV. He stuck it in my left arm’s veins and then gave me two shots for numbing. Erick came in with four people behind him and then Isaac ran in behind them. He came directly to me and gently moved hair from my face.
“Erick came and told me you are sick. What’s wrong?” Isaac asked me as the doctor talked to his assistants and I held his hand in mine.
“I’m having my baby.” I whispered as I cried again.
“What!” He asked but then brushed my tears away and seemed sad. “Why are you crying?”
“Gale isn’t here to even see his child!” I cried as I put my hands over my eyes. “I wanted him here for this!”
Isaac went over to my brother and talked to him. They both left in a hurry but my brother came back as the doctors set up. “Where’s Isaac?” I asked him.
“He’s gone to look for Gale.” He said and I was happy but sad at the same time.

I woke up a few hours later and saw the room was dark, lonely, and still. I sat up to see a little boy in a basinet pulled next to my bed sleeping happily and I knew this was my son. The baby had on a thick one-piece pajama footy and a hat that kept him warm. I leaned over and touched his tiny fingers and he opened his eyes. He gave me a toothless smile and giggled adorably. “Hey there little guy.” I whispered in a motherly tone as I picked him up. He snuggled against my chest and seemed content. I knew he felt safe since he was near my heart beat that had put him to sleep so many times just like I felt safe as a kid when I could feel Erick’s heart beat. His little hand took a light grip on a piece of my hair and tugged on it without any force. I smiled and he giggled but after a few minutes he fell asleep with my hair and heart beat with him. I sat up and took the blanket in the bed he had been in and put it around him. I then slowly got up and left the room. I walked around the castle but could not find anyone. I went to Erick’s room and knocked on the door.
“Yes?”
“Erick? It’s me.” I whispered and I heard him scurry to the door. He opened it and immediately looked at my son. His eyes seemed determined and happy.
“This is he?”
I nodded and held back tears. “You’re an uncle.”
“Have you given him a name yet?” Erick asked.
I shook my head. “I don’t know what to name him.”
“To me he looks like an Oliver or Lucas.”
“Oliver…I like that.” I said with a smile and touched my son’s hand again. He woke up and I smiled. “Do you like the name Oliver?” I asked and he giggled. I laughed too. “Then Oliver it is.”
“Hello, Oliver.” Erick said as he slowly and gently took Oliver from me. He rocked Oliver gently and smiled to me. “He has our eyes.”
“I know,” I smiled back, “Has there been any word from Isaac?”
He shook his head. “He should be coming back soon so the soldiers can sleep.” I nodded and took Oliver back.
“I want Isaac to meet Oliver…” I said and then looked down to Oliver but looked back to Erick after a few seconds. “Erick, do you think Gale is still alive?”
Erick caressed my cheek to comfort me. “I know he is. He would never die and leave you. He’s too stubborn.”
I smiled. “Yea.” I whispered and then walked off. Oliver played with my diamond necklace as I walked outside. I sat on the stone railing of the front entrance and rocked Oliver as he discovered his world outside of the castle. My focus was taken from Oliver when I heard horses running. I looked up to see horses running from the forest that were led by Isaac. I quickly stood and Isaac made his horse sprint to me. He quickly hopped off the horse when he got to the stairs leading to me and ran up them. He got to me and was out of breath but still looked at me with kindness. “Isaac…this is Oliver.”
“Oliver…” He repeated and then ticked Oliver’s stomach, which he laughed at. “It’s good to meet you.” He added to Oliver and then looked up to me. He kissed my cheek and then gave me a look with hope. “Erin, we found him. We found Michel and Gale.”
I felt tears pour down my cheeks and I hugged Oliver closer to me. “Oliver, did you hear that? They found your daddy.” I whispered and Oliver giggled with innocence. I looked to Isaac again. “Where are they?”
“At a hospital about two hours away. They got caught in a storm while on their trip and were in bad condition for a while. But they will be getting out of the hospital in a week.” He replied and I cried again with happiness. I took Isaac’s hand in mine and led him inside. I brought him to Erick and knocked on the door that he answered quickly.
“They found them.” I whispered and he was happy for me. “I have to go to them…” I said but Isaac grabbed my arm to stop me.
“You can’t leave Oliver.”
“I’ll take him with me.”
“Then I’ll go with to help.” I nodded and we left. I got to my horse and she was excited to see me. I balanced the patient child as I rod the horse next to Isaac’s horse. I made my horse sprint for a long time until the end of our journey in front of a new building with many levels. I quickly got down with Oliver and Isaac joined me. I felt sick but hid it under my happiness as I followed Isaac inside and to the front desk of the building. A woman behind the desk dressed in a nurse’s uniform smiled and stood to me. She bowed proudly and then came to me.
“Princess Erin, it is an honor.” She said kindly and I smiled as I pulled Oliver closer to me in excitement.
“I am here to see Sir Gallium and Sir Michel, are they here?” I asked and she nodded. I followed her down a hall to a door that we stopped at. Time slowed as she opened the door and I saw two men sitting on separate white beds with bandages on them. They looked over to me and time came back to its regular pace as I fell to my knees and burst into tears. The nurse quickly dropped at my side and grasped my arm.
“Princess Erin! Are you alright?” She asked me frantically and I looked up to her with a bigger and more important smile on my face.
“I’m alright, Miss. I am just happy.” I said and she smiled as she stood. When she helped me to stand again she turned to Gale and Michel with kindness.
“You have another visitor.”
“Erin…” Michel whispered in shock as Gale froze at his spot. I nodded and he smiled to me.
“I’ll hold your son while you…” The nurse started to say but when she picked Oliver out of my arms he burst into crying loudly. I quickly took him back and sighed as he closed his eyes to the sound of my heart.
“He’s very temperamental.” I replied and she nodded. I went over to Michel and he stood. I held him with one arm as I balanced Oliver in the other. When we let go Michel looked at me with concern.
“Who is this?”
“Oliver…” I said and then rocked Oliver slowly. “He is my son.” His face changed quickly.
“Son?” He asked and I nodded. He looked down at his feet with disappointment. “So while we were here you married Erick and had his child? Or is this the child of Damien?” Michel asked and I slightly jumped when Isaac quickly came over to me.
“You have it all wrong, Michel.” Isaac said to him. “Damien is being sentenced to death for trying to kill Erin a while back and she has refused to marry Erick.”
“Then whose child is it?” Gale asked as he came to Michel’s side and Isaac smiled over to me.
“Oliver is…” I said and then set my hand on Gale’s shoulder. “Your child.” I whispered and then my hand dropped. I lifted Oliver and handed him to Gale. Unlike with the nurse Oliver closed his eyes to Gale’s heartbeat since it was familiar like mine. Isaac took Oliver from Gale and rocked the child.
“Michel, I need to talk to you privately.” He said and I smiled. He was giving me some time with Gale and everyone knew it. They left with the nurse and shut the door so that we were alone. I went and sat on his bed as he watched me.
“So…” I whispered and then looked up to him. “You have been gone for almost five months.” I looked away from him and to my hand that slid across the bed sheets. “How have you been?”
“Not good. We were attacked by a group of demons about four months ago while on our way to a friend of Michel’s that was having trouble with the demons killing his people.”
“How badly were you hurt?”
“A few broken bones…”
“That must have been painful.” I replied and he sat next to me. He caressed my cheek.
“It was nothing compared to the heart ache I had from being away from you for such a long time.” He whispered and I felt a tear fall from my cheek. He brushed it away.
“I thought you were dead.” I cried. “For the past five months all I could think about was you and Michel. I prayed almost every day for your safe return.” I hugged him tightly. “And when I was told I was pregnant I knew it was your child. After that I cried myself to sleep every night to the thought of you never coming back…” I let go of him and looked him in the eyes. “All I could think of was regretting never seeing you again without telling you how I really felt. I was scared I would never get the chance to tell you how truly much I loved you.”
He smiled. “I already knew, Erin. You didn’t have to tell me, I could just tell. I am your best friend after all.”
“But I wanted to tell you...”
“It’s okay.” He said and then kissed me. “But what I don’t get is how is Oliver mine if he was born lately? We had sex five months ago.”
I smiled. “I am just like Lady Erin in many ways. When she had children it only took her half of a regular human pregnancy and that is what happened to me.”
“So Isaac said Damien has been sentenced to death for trying to kill you? When did that happen?”
“A week and a half ago. I hadn’t told anyone about Oliver and went to pray for your safety to Lady Erin. But Damien listened to what I said and when I was done he tried to kill our child. I didn’t know where to go so I got away and ran to Erick but in front of his door Damien pushed me. He tried to kill Oliver again but Isaac showed up and fought him. Erick then came out and stopped Damien.” I said and then looked to the door of the room. “Isaac had a bruise for a few weeks on his cheek.”
“So were you okay?”
I nodded. “For the most part.” I said and then lifted my dress so that he could see the stitches. “But when Damien kicked me he broke the skin and cracked my rib.”
“He should die for that.” Gale agreed and I sighed.
“I don’t want him to die, but it’s the only way to save Erick and Oliver.” I whispered and then stood when the door opened. Oliver was crying in Isaac’s arms as Michel followed right behind them.
“I think he’s hungry.” He told me and I smiled.

I woke up in the middle of the night to the opening of my door. Oliver still slept in the cradle next to me, but I got up and went over to the wide-eyed Erick. He said nothing as he grabbed my wrist and pulled me to his room. He stopped in front of his door and let go of me. “There’s a ghost of the Lady in my room. She told me she has to talk to you alone, but did not want to wake Oliver.” He explained and I nodded. I moved past him and opened the door. He stayed outside like ordered and I shut the door behind me. A colorless figure of an older I with slightly different features looked at me.
“Lady Erin…” I whispered and she smiled.
“I had to come talk to you, my child.” She said and I moved closer to her. “The demons have chosen a new leader and he is much stronger than the last. He is planning to kill Gallium.” She said and I just froze. I had to be dreaming. “Please, Erin. Take heed to my warning. It will be happening very soon.”
“But… who is the new leader?” I asked and she sighed with deep regret.
“I cannot say his name, Erin, for if I do he will kill Gale sooner than planned.” She looked me deeply in the eyes. “But he has deceived everyone, including you. Just do not let him get to Gale.”
“Is he at the castle?” She nodded but we were both stopped when the door flew open to the room and Lady Erin disappeared. Isaac came into the room and seemed shocked to see me by myself in an empty room.
“Erin, Oliver is crying.” He informed me and I nodded. I smiled to Isaac and then followed him to my room as Erick went back to his room. I picked up Oliver and rocked him as he calmed. “What were you doing in Erick’s room by yourself?”
I looked to him. “I was trying to contact Lady Erin.” I took out a bottle from the bag next to me and let Oliver drink the breast milk. “But she could not help me.”
“What did you want from her?” He asked as he sat next to me and I sighed.
“I wanted to hear her wisdom on being a mother.”
“Sorry she couldn’t help you.”
I shook my head. “It’s alright. I will just have to take this one day at a time.” I said and then looked at Isaac. “But I need to speak to Michel and Gale. Do you think you could have them come here today?”
“I will go get them.”

Oliver was with a nurse while I waited outside for Michel, Gale, and Isaac. When they showed up they were all on light brown horses and smiled to me. I ran to Gale as he dismounted his horse. I smiled and he brushed my hair from my face. He kissed my lips and I hugged him. When we parted he took my hand in his and I brought him to my room in the castle with the other two following. I sat on my bed and the other stood. “Michel, I want to have Gale stay at the castle with me. Is that possible?”
“But why?”
I looked down to my hands. “For Oliver and I.” I said and then looked to Gale. “I want to have Oliver’s father with him as much as possible.”
“But Erin, you are supposed to hate Gale and the others. It would be bad to have him here.”
“Why?”
“The demons will kill him.”
I sighed. “That’s the problem…”
The door to my room opened. “Erin…” Erick said and I smiled to him as he walked in. “I have to talk to you.”
“What is it?”
“I need your signature to this.” He said as he handed me a paper. I read it and looked up at Erick with amazement. “What do you think?”
I quickly wrote my signature and smiled. “This is what the Lord and Lady would do.” I said as I stood and held Erick’s hands in mine.
“This is what we were sent to do.” He said and then smiled over to Gale for the first time. “Gale and Michel were our signs.”
“What?” Gale asked me and I smiled again.
“We have officially declared war on all hectarine demons.” I replied and Isaac’s eyes widened. He sighed with relief and I smiled. I went over to him and set my hand on his arm. “Isaac?” I asked and he looked to me. His eyes changed to an orange and I froze. He grabbed my wrists and smiled to me like Damien had before he raped me. “No!” I whispered and a tear ran down my cheek. I quickly looked back to Gale. “Gale run! Get out of here!” I yelled and then tried to pull from Isaac.
“What!” Erick yelled and I pulled even harder.
“Michel! Get Erick and Gale out of here! It’s a trap!” I yelled and Michel immediately broke my bedroom window and grabbed onto Erick. Gale froze as he saw Isaac’s eyes and I felt his heart tearing. Isaac was the only person Gale trusted to protect me and now Isaac was trying to kill him and take me. “Gale! Go!” I cried. “Please! I can’t lose you again!” I felt tears pouring down my cheeks as Isaac started after Gale. Unlike before I was holding onto Isaac and he was trying to pull away. I shoved Isaac with all of my might and he fell to the floor. I quickly looked to Gale who was coming towards me. “Go.” I whispered in a plea.
“I can’t leave you here…” He whispered back and I tensed when Isaac grabbed my arms when he jumped to his feet. He was more concerned with me leaving than killing Gale, so I used that to my advantage.
“I’ll be alright…go.” I whispered and with a look of sorrow Gale jumped out the window to Michel and Erick below. I pushed Isaac off of me and sprinted to my door. I opened it and didn’t stop running because I knew he was right behind me. I sprinted to the nursery to see Damien standing next to the nurse I had trusted would keep Oliver away from Damien. I quickly ran to Oliver and cradled him in my arms. Isaac set his cold hand on my shoulder and I knew he was right behind me. Oliver and I were trapped within the reign of the demons. I looked down to Oliver and wished he could be with Gale, but I knew we were both trapped. I held Oliver with one arm as I used the other one to push Isaac’s hand off of me. I looked back to his orange eyes and then to Damien. How long had this plan been set up?
“You’re trapped, Princess Erin.” Isaac said with a crude smile. “There is no use in fighting us.”
I looked to Isaac and smiled which made him tense with confusion. Right now he was proud to have control over the situation but when I smiled he was not so sure he was in full control. “You only have Oliver and I trapped, demon.” I retorted. “But you do not have control over the Lord and Lady so you will never win.” I said and then looked to Damien. “Good thing you hinted to me that I should not trust Isaac, Damien. If it was not for that I would not have been in a situation that I could get the others out of.” I said and Isaac hissed in anger.
“You did what!” Isaac yelled to Damien, who was startled and unsure.
“I did no such thing!” Damien protested.
I smiled. “But you said, ‘I like pray that struggles and is clueless about the enemy.’” I looked down to Oliver who was listening to my heartbeat. “So I looked in even more and found out that there was a new leader of your kind and a day ago I figured out it was Isaac.”
Isaac frowned towards me and then gently brushed his hand across my cheek, “You seemed so unequipped to deal with us mentally, but I guess I was wrong. Setting it up so I would set up the freedom of the other three I need. That was very brilliant. I did not see it coming.”
“There are a lot of things you do not know, Isaac, if that is even your real name.”
He nodded, “It is. I made it so that you could not find out my name regardless of how deep you dug. I am glad I did so because if I had not you would have found out easily, unlike Lady Erin. She was typically the bronze of a situation when it came to fighting us. Erick was always the brains of the operation, yet it seems you received both traits while Erick only seemed to receive your affection and became your weakness along with Gallium, Michel, and,” Isaac tickled Oliver’s stomach and the clueless child laughed, “this child. Erin was never too close to her children. Erick was always the more affectionate one.”
I frowned, “And what makes you such an expert upon my lord and lady, demon?”
He claimed a smile that sent a chill up my spine, “I was the demon that befriended the two lords in order to find their weaknesses.”
“So you have lived since this world was created?”
He shook his head, “I died a few years after the lord and lady, but my followers of today resurrected me in order to duplicate my success once again.”
I smiled even more, “But you have already failed,” I looked to Damien, “You’re people were foolish for thinking my lady would send someone not capable of overcoming the man that destroyed her to save her people. She chose me to be her heir because I am capable of overcoming your leader,” I looked back to Isaac, “You do not even possess my brother anymore so you can never overcome this country. Even with me captured, Erick holds the most of our power. My lord and lady were smart enough to make it so I had almost no spiritual powers since I would be able to get Erick away and you would not be able to win.”
Isaac grabbed my chin, “Don’t think you are so smart, Erin,” He hissed, “You are hundreds of years too naïve to overcome me,” He suddenly smile and I felt disgusted, “But this will be interesting. You certainly are the first opponent I have had that has made me worry and check every move I make. Yet I will be the one to claim the victory of this game.”
I moved from his hand and gave him an evil grin, “We shall see.” I replied before walking out of the room. I went to my room and shut the door. I sat on the window sill and looked in the direction Gale, Michel, and Erick had gone in. I put my hand against the glass as tears covered my face, “Please, my Lord and Lady! Watch over those that I love but cannot protect!” I whispered in plead, “Keep them from the horrible touch of our enemies until I can find a way to bring them back to my side.” I lay my head on the glass as I cried, “Stay safe my love.” I added in a quiet breath before going to my bed with Oliver. I lay with my body around him to try to shield him from the grasp of the demons surrounding us.

“Oliver!” I gasped as he started to fall from the couch outside in the garden. I quickly grabbed his hand and pulled him to me. I let out a shaky breath as I tried to make my heart slow from its racing speed. I looked up as I heard someone walking on the grass and crushing it beneath its weight. I looked up to Isaac who smiled.
“You have very quick reflexes, Lady Erin.” He commented as I pulled Oliver closer to me.
“I shall take that as a compliment, sir.” I replied as I looked down to Oliver to check his body for wounds.
“You do not have to be so formal to me, my lady Erin,” He said as he put his hand near me and I quickly backed away, “Are you that terrified of my touch?”
I looked to Oliver with regret, “Tainted hands should not touch me or they may someday touch my son.”
He sighed, “I am not tainted.”
I stood and rocked Oliver in my arms, “Let us go to dinner, Oliver.” I said and then walked away. I brought Oliver to eat and after he was done I brought him to my room so I could guard him. A knock sounded at the door and I looked up from my sleeping child to Isaac.
“Is he asleep?”
I nodded, “Are you here to torture him further, sir? If so I ask you to leave.”
He came closer and shut the door, “Come now, Erin. Do not be so cold.”
“Any man who deceives my lover, tries to harm me, and defies my Lord and Lady will not be greeted kindly by the likes of me,” I replied, “Please leave us be.”
He came over and grabbed my chin with power, “You are my captive, Erin. Do not talk so harshly towards me or I shall kill that child.”
“Over my dead body shall you touch Oliver!”
He smiled, “That would be a waste. I have waited to have my child of power since the last Lady Erin died and I will not give up this opportunity.”
“Well you must wait longer.”
“No, you shall bear my child of power.”
I hissed, “I shall kill any child of mine that is anything like devils such as you.”
He grabbed my wrist and pulled me out of my chair. He pinned me against the wall nearest us and kissed me deeply. When he pulled away slightly I spit in his face. He back handed me powerfully on the cheek which sent me falling to the ground. He pulled me off the ground by my hair and I felt tears slowly falling down my face, “You are mine for the taking, Erin. Do not think you have any power here!” He hissed and then picked me up in order to throw me onto my bed. Isaac raped me for the 8th time since I had been separated from Erick, Michel, and Gale. It had almost become routine for me to sit there quietly as he invaded me. When it was over and he had become less angry he left. I quickly grabbed Oliver from his bed and embraced him in my arms. Even if I was not safe here, I had to make sure he was. He was the only thing left that reminded me of the people I missed most since Isaac had taken everything out of the castle that had anything to do with the three men I waited for. In the morning I went outside so Oliver could play with a farming dog that was always kept on the grounds by Isaac’s request since it pleased me to see Oliver play with the animal. A maid that worked in the stables came over to me with a smile. I had talked to her a few times and knew she was one of the people Michel had sent to keep an eye on me. She wiped her hands off on her dress and then sat beside me on the rock wall off to the side of the front yard. She let out a sigh of exhaustion and I gave her a smile.
“You sound tired, Miss Ellen. Maybe you should rest.”
She shook her head, “I would much rather stay at your side, Lady Erin. And I certainly love to watch Lord Oliver play. He is very precious.”
I nodded, “Indeed. He loves that dog.”
She gave me a look of worry, “You sound unwell, Lady Erin. Shall I watch your son so that you may rest?”
I smiled towards her, “Of anyone here I would certainly trust you to watch Oliver, but leaving him is impossible for me. I feel heartsick when he is gone.”
She squeezed my hand in hers, “Does he remind you of Lord Gallium? He looks much like his father.”
I nodded, “They are much alike, but leaving Oliver reminds me of how lonely this place is.”
“I wish I could save you from this cage, Lady Erin. I have seen how cruelly Sir Isaac and Sir Damien speak to you. It is not right. You are their Lady.”
I sighed, “Those heartless demons only listen to Isaac who would never listen to me.”
Her voice became quieter than the whisper she had been using prior, “Has Isaac found Lord Gallium, Sir Michel, or Lord Erick?”
I shook my head, “Not as I have heard. Have you heard from them in a while?”
She gave me an upsetting look, “Not for almost a month, Lady Erin. I am terrified they have been found.”
I kissed her head and she blushed, “Do not worry, Miss Ellen. They are the strongest and smartest men I have ever come to know. They will not be found.”
“But…” She started to argue but froze when we heard footsteps. I looked up to see Damien with his hands on his hips with anger.
“A maid should not be speaking with her Lady.”
I stood and took her hands in mine, “Please take care of my horse for me, Miss Ellen.”
She blushed, “Of course, Lady Erin. Please excuse me.” She whispered before quickly running away. I watched Damien but flinched when he moved closer to Oliver and the dog.
“Don’t touch him, I warn you.” I hissed.
“Since when have you started talking like a proper woman, Erin?”
I frowned, “My title insists it. Besides, the first Lady Erin spoke in such a manner and I want to follow in her footsteps.”
“So you want to also lose to us?”
“You twist my words, Sir,” I hissed, “What do you need? If you do not need something of me, please leave me to spend time with my son.”
“Isaac thinks you are becoming too familiar with that maid Ellen and told me to stop any conversations between the two of you. He knows she is not one of us and thinks she may be working for Gale.”
I leaned back against the wall, “If she was in contact with Gale I would not be here, would I? If I had contact with any of those men I would have already left to bring Oliver to them in order to keep him protected.”
“If that is the case then maybe I should just get rid of that boy.”
I looked away, “Then you will lose your second Lady Erin because I shall kill myself if any of you demons hurt my child.”
“You used to talk to me with love in your voice but now you talk to me as if I am nothing higher than scum.”
I crossed my arms, “I do not think scum is below you. There is no worse than your kind.”
He suddenly slapped me across the face and I felt hot tears fill my eyes, “How dare you talk to me that way! I am in control for once instead of you and yet you still act as if you are superior!”
I put my hand on my cheek and looked away, “When I loved you, I spoke to you with kindness and compassion, but now your face burns my soul to realize I thought I could ever trust you. I even thought of choosing you over Gale for a short time,” I brushed a tear away from my cheek as it fell, “But you have never been truthful to me! You have lied to me about everything since the moment I met you! You didn’t care for me when I was just a regular girl; you just wanted to manipulate me so I would have a demon child! I trusted you! I fell in love with you! And now I realize all of it was a lie! I love a Damien that does not exist so I will never talk to you like I used to!”
He suddenly shoved me to the ground with another hit across my face. I fell on my back while I cried but did not stop staring at Damien, “You know nothing! Don’t think you can talk to me like that!”
I nodded, “You are right, sir. I do not know anything. I had never met the real you until the night you raped me so I really do not know,” I stood and quickly picked up Oliver, “But I can speak to you any way I wish! I hold the key to your people’s future!” I hissed and then quickly made my way into the castle. A maid quickly stopped me when she saw my wound.
“Lady Erin, shall I get you ice?” She asked with worry but I could not accept her sympathy. One of her kind was the one who injured me. I quickly made my way to Erick’s study and placed Oliver in the extra bassinet that was put in there. He slept as I scanned the books lining the wall for what I searched for. When I found the album I brought it over to the desk and sat down as I opened it. A very dated picture of my Lord and Lady stared back at me and I just watched them. I did not move until there was a knock at the door. I looked up as Isaac stopped in the entry way of the door.
“What in the world gave you such a wound?” He asked as he came in. I quickly shut the book and pulled it against my chest as I looked away.
“It is nothing of concern.”
“Did one of the soldiers give it to you?”
I looked to Oliver, “No.”
“Then who?”
“No one.”
He suddenly came over and grabbed my chin. He squeezed it in his hand and forced me to look to him, “Tell me who I must injure back!”
I closed my eyes, “You are not my husband that must restore my honor by attacking the person who injured me, so just stop this.”
“It was a demon?”
I nodded, “None of my people would hurt me.”
“Tell me who or I shall attack your son.”
I stared at him, “Damien, per your request.”
“I requested no such thing of him!”
My glare intensified, “You requested that he keep me from speaking to Miss Ellen so he did so. He was merely following orders so do not blame him.”
“Are you defending the man that raped you?” He hissed but he seemed to become angrier when I started to laugh and it took a few moments to get myself calm.
“Pardon my rudeness, sir, but you have no room to talk in this situation. He merely raped me once while you… I actually have lost count of how many times you have defiled me.” A knock came to the door of the room and I turned as a young human boy came into the room, “Oh, Mark, what do I owe this visit?” I asked as I walked over to him with a smile, “Should you not be working in the kitchen as of this time of day?”
He nodded with a smile, “Ellen saw the general hit your face and she asked that I come check on you,” He placed a cold pack of ice on my cheek with care, “He hit you fairly hard, didn’t he? Are you alright?”
I looked down to Oliver, “If my child is alright then so am I.”
He sighed, “Please allow me to bring you to your room so you can rest.”
Isaac grabbed my arm and I turned to him for an explanation to see his dark orange eyes, “Take the child and leave us, boy.” He hissed and I quickly handed Oliver over to Mark.
“Please make sure he rests for me while we continue to chat, alright?” I asked and Mark nodded before leaving the room with Oliver.

This book has 1 comment.

SomeoneOnTheInterWeb BRONZE, Warsaw, Indiana

Writing is my drug, so let me get high

Neat story,