Voice of Silk | Teen Ink

Voice of Silk

By --BrainlessZombies--, Miramar, Florida
--BrainlessZombies--, Miramar, Florida

"And when you jump off that bridge, all you can do on your way down, is hope you learn how to fly."

Author's note: I was in 5ht grade when I wrote this... and I had an obsession with Greek Mythology (Still kind of do.)

Introduction

In dull, dusty, rocky area in no where, in the southern side of Elemental City; something… something magical… mystical happened.

Now a simpleton from Elemental City would not expect such a thing, for as said before, this is a dull place in the middle of no where. But then this happened -

A light appeared; a light peeked from the cloudy dark sky.

A light so bright, it’s blinding to the naked eyes. A heavenly light, one could say.

From that light, came a figure.

A woman; a beautiful woman; a woman with hair of gold; eyes as clear cerulean as the Caribbean Sea. She had wings that could remind one of a butterflies.

But suddenly, those wings vanished. The woman came plunging down; along with a scream of terror. She threw her arms in the air aimlessly, looking for some form of a miracle to stop her everlasting fall... the end of her life...

She screamed, and cried for mercy. She begged and bawled for help, but nothing came... then she finally had reached the end...

There was nothing more but a giant dust cloud father back in the deserted canyon...

No more screaming… no more falling…

… Absolute… Silence…

Chapter 1 ~ Darina DeLuna

All I felt was hurting.

Everything hurt, from head to toe.

But I felt like something was missing; something precious to me.

I stroked my neck… my crystal necklace was still there; where it belong. I sighed with relief. If I lost that necklace, I would have nothing left of my mother. Then what was I to do with myself without her guidance?

I struggled as I tried to get up on my feet. Dusting myself off, I got ready to fly to find civilization and shelter. Maybe even food from the mortals in this City.

I got in my deportment, and thrust… nothing…

Odd… I should have taken off.

Then it hit me, and it injured me… ghastly.

Not only did Zeus kick me out of the heavens for “Disloyalty” towards his beloved daughter; Aphrodite, but he took my wings! My precious wings! What am I to do with myself - For had I lost the second most valuable thing to me?

I was so mortified and spell bounded in my emotions; I did what I did best; cry. I cried till my eyes became swollen, till they were blood shot. What else was I to do?

How pitiable I was! It wasn’t my fault! Aphrodite loathed me from the start! It wasn’t my mistake that she had been jealous of my beauty! I wasn’t even aware that people thought of me more beautiful then her!

As I cried, I failed to notice the glowing angel wing tattoo on the back of my neck. I guess I was being too depressing to notice.

After a few minutes of self hatred, and lashing at my very soul, I sucked it up, and tried to find my way about. It wasn’t very long until I noticed I wasn’t going to have any luck.

‘I might as well make a home instead of search…’ I thought to myself, as I raised one hand, and the earth rose to my command, forming a giant platform, which looked like a cliff towering above me. I proceeded with this process of continually manipulating the land above me.

I afterward looked up at the sky, and inhaled deeply.

Then when I had exhaled, out came a rupture of flames into the night sky.

All there was left was a moment of silence. I stood and waited… waited for the sign of what I was looking for.

Then it came, enormous dark clouds hovered over the ground I had stand, including a couple acres farther. This was pursued by lightening and thunder.

Crackles and crashes burst in my ear drums, as flashes of the lightening danced in the dark night sky. And like I had anticipated for, a thunder storm formed, and it had poured.

It started with a puddle. Then it grew into a stream. This ran down the mountains I created, and grew into a river, and then it fell from the cliff I created; making it, a waterfall. The water was crystal clear. It flowed down the cliff, and landed, forming a puff of mist into the air as it met with the land.

As the water met with the land, it kept flowing, then it came to a pause. The ending point of the river was a pond and a beautiful one indeed.

I was proud of myself. Now I had to speed up the growth of the greenery.

And that’s exactly what had happened. Exotic flowers with bright colors of red and oranges sprouted. Only one type of the flowers had opened out; an elegant deep purple flower, with petals which I had found different, but pretty; The Moon Birth.

The Moon Birth is an unusual flower. It only blooms when it’s a New Moon, and the moon isn’t visible at the angle I stood in. Some might find this flower odd, and slightly disgusting - But I… I have somewhat of a passion for it. A temptation to pick it crawled up my back, but I restrained myself. Who would kill God’s creation?

Lush green wild grass grew tall and bold. Palm trees, Sakura Trees, and Cherry Blossoms seemed to grow along side the pond. Lily Pads grew in the pond, some with a white or pink flower of its own blooming. Roses of different colors surrounded the pond in their prickly bush.

But what’s that? Why, there is a shadow in the pond. I crouched down to get a better look. It seemed to me somehow… a fish was in there; an Angel Fish. That’s when I saw other figures, and I corrected myself. A school of Angel Fish; followed by a school of Koi Fish. Along came the Cat Fish.

Clown Fish! Star Fish, Gold Fish, and Clams of different shapes and designs. Where had these creatures come from?

Along came a loud croaky croaky! That sound reminds me of the tiny frogs in Puerto Rico. This was exactly what it was. Miniature frogs hoped from rock to rock, Leaf to leaf. They had seemed to be enjoying them selves.

Then I heard splashing.

‘Probably a little fish swimming in her new home.’ I smiled to myself, that didn’t last until I saw a swan followed by her babies - Cute… but where are these animals coming from?

I bit my lip, and looked up to see small beady eyes starring down at me – Toucans! I turned around to see Parrots. I looked down to see 5 Peacocks flashing their colorful feathers at me.

This I found officially the oddest thing. Why are birds from different climates huddling in one area?

Ssss… was that a snake I heard? I searched around the area, a little frightened. That’s when I spot the Boas, King Cobras, Indian Tiger Snakes, and White Faiths.

‘Whoa!’ I gasped. Beautiful creatures don’t get me wrong. But why all the deadly ones?!

The snakes made their way towards me. I didn’t move. I was frozen with fear.

They all wrapped themselves around me… but this didn’t seem threatening. In fact, it felt like they were showing me some sort of love and companionship. I couldn’t help but smile

Then a low growl came from the shadows of the trees; Lions, Tigers, and bears. All of them of all kinds! Mountain Lions, Tigons, and the typical brown Lions everyone has seen once in their lives.

Then there were Ligers, White Tigers, and your typical Orange and Black Tigers spotted in a zoo.

There was a group of Black Bears, Brown Bears, and Polar Bears. POLAR BEARS! What are Polar Bears doing here?!

I went from proud of myself to ‘what have you done?!’

But then all I heard was purring. I also felt something warm and soft rub against my leg. Yes, it felt as weird as it sounds. Peeking down, I spot a Mountain Lion Cub, rubbing against my leg. Apparently none of the Mountain Lions came for her cub… maybe this was simply an orphaned child. The poor baby!

“You poor thing. All on your own aren’t you? You’re too cute to be left be yourself, dear…” I had said in my French accent. I gently and tenderly picked up the small mammal. Not wanting her to run off in fear, “If you are in need of protection, think of me as your Foster Mother... I’ll take care of you.” The mountain lion looked up at me with her innocent eyes. I fell in love with her.

With a warm smile, I kissed her lovingly, “You’re all by yourself… just like I am. No Mother or Father to call your own... lonely isn’t it? You are another me…”

Why of course! She’s another me!

“Ayah… me in Cherokee… you’re name is going to be Ayah.”

Ayah seemed pleased with the name. She hoped out my arms, and jumped into the pond. Apparently, Clown Fish had sparked an interest for her. She splashed in the water pouncing, trying to catch one. Each time she failed miserably; and I laughed.

She may have given me an angry look, but other then that I was rather satisfied. I rather not find out how all these animals got here.

I’ll just let that mystery hang.

Chapter 2 ~ Donte Knight

“Lord Donte! Is that you?! Won’t you come and mingle?” One of the women from my village called after Donte as he soared elegantly through the azure and cloudless sky.

The joyousness of the villagers came to sharp suspension the instant Katona’s lips parted.

“No! Go back to work you dumb f*** mortals. The man is busy.” Her voice illustrated that obviously her jealousy was taking over her.

“Katona, why are you so insensitive? Have you no manners?” Donte glanced over at Katona, picking up her jealousy. He flashed one of his famous heart stopping smiles at her

“Don’t get fresh with me, Donte. I have no time for you idiocy.”

“Do you plan to maintain that style of talking to me when I become king?”

“That’s the plan. Now fly, damn it. If you plummet downward, I will not go for you.”

“Cold-hearted aren’t you Senorita? No need to be ill-mannered Amor.”

Katona glared at Donte clearly annoyed by his boundless flirting.

Donte simply kept the grin on his face; enjoying her negative reactions towards him.

'Such an ill-hearted girl; that ugly attitude is disguising her beautiful face.’ Donte observed her vigilantly. ‘… I wonder if this would last on forever… if it does I must get rid of her, and find a different companion.’

Donte and Katona dashed through the air, past thousands of women that mindlessly waved to Donte. This continued on until they had reached the heart of Zeus’s Canyon.

Katona stopped in the heart of the Canyon, “Stop… do you see that?”

“See what?” Donte obeyed her, “What is it that I should have noticed?”

“This is a desiccated place, Donte, and your ass is telling me you don’t detect those trees in the hub of no where? Flourishing in such a dry region?”

“Katona stop bull-shitting me, and notify me what the hell you are getting to with all this.”

“There are some god damn trees in the middle of no where why must I include more?”

Donte paused and looked dead straight in Katona’s Emerald eyes, “Keep scanning the district for Takim men. I will not tolerate you to insult me.”

Katona stared at me directly the eyes, then blew up, “God damn, Donte! Elemental City is going to come to extinction! You are an insignificant piece of s***.”

“GOOD-BYE KATONA!” Donte yelled above her, “I don’t need you any longer!”

Katona backed away, a morsel petrified. Her facial expression instantaneously changed, and she turned around and flew off.

Donte set his hand over his forehead; he felt like her had a foremost migraine.

With a sigh, and walked farther out to the desert. Passing by nothing but rock, ‘Trees… something is terribly wrong with the child.’

That’s when he passed by one; then another; followed by another. They became greener and more lush then the next.

Then there was grass, patches of them here and there. Donte was a little stunned by this, but he moved on.

The farther Donte went, the more greenery there was. Then he found himself in the middle of the forest.

‘What the hell?’

Then he froze…

… Singing…?

There was singing somewhere in this whole mess… and a beautiful voice it was…

Donte froze, in disbelief. Never had he heard such a stunning voice before.

He gazed around him, desperate to find the source of the music.

Donte was first walking, which became a jog, which was followed by frantic running

“Where are you?! I hear you, but where are you?!”

…Nothing…

“Is anybody out here?! Where could you be?!”

… Nothing…

He shoved Palm tree leaves the stood in his way… that’s when he met it… her…

Chapter 3 ~ Donte Knight

A Perfect Heart Shaped face; decorated with golden-locks that fell down to her hips.

She opened her eyes, and all I see is those big beautiful cerulean eyes, that had been surrounded by long luxurious eyelashes. I watched as her red full lips, that was delicately placed over stunningly pale skin; Much like Snow White.

Even with a frame and generous and beautiful as her, I couldn't resist her voice. How soothing and lovely it was.

But I noticed the moment I listened so intensely to it, that it was not being sung in English...

There was something exotic, and unique about her voice...

I moved in closer, trying to pick up the words...

...French...

I couldn't help but be frozen... her voice seemed was so memorizing... I didn't want to move... I couldn't move! I was stuck in the place I was in...

If this was to be a trap of one of the Takim men, I'm in deep s***...

I was blindly caught in a trap of the Takim men, meaning the end of my life. A tragic death indeed...

... Silence...

Had she stopped singing? I looked up and my golden eyes locked with her light sky blue eyes; Which I must add, were so lively, and strikingly gorgeous... my heart seemed to skip a beat

"Who are you? What are you doing in my forest?" The beauty asked me, sternly...

"I am here to ask the same. You are no where near civilization, and a woman like you shouldn't be here all alone." I replied, with a smile

Unfortunately, my smile and charms doesn't work on her, like it did for the Elemental City women, "I asked you a question."

I gazed down at me feet, amused, "Donte... Donte Knight. I am king... well soon to be king of the village near here. I am willing to send you to the palace where you can live there."

"No! I am perfect where I am." She stiffened, and stared at me cautiously.

"I was simply offering you my home. I guess that was wrong of me?"

"You. Guessed. Right."

"Feisty..." I smirked, "And may I ask what your name is."

"No you may not." Her eyes were cold, and glued to me. Why my love, are you so protective of this forest? Why are you protecting it... from me?

"I only thought it was right since I myself presented you my name. Wouldn't that be the... the decent way to present yourself?"

She paused and bit her lip, her pretty blue eyes softened, "Darina... Darina DeLuna. But I will not tell you what I am! I do not intend to tell people my business. I want you gone! How could I possibly trust you?!"

I smiled, "I love the way you suddenly shun me. So polite of you."

She looked pissed

I simply sighed, "Fine. But my love, I will make you a promise. I will come back continuously for you; and you will fall in love with me. All females do... and I intend on taking your hand as mine."

Darina's eyes widened in astonishment, "Who are you to make such a decision?!" She stood up. I couldn't focus on her face anymore. Though she was a little too short and small, she had curves I've never seen in my village.

"You, my love, will find out the answer to that soon."

"Do not, talk to me like that."

I smiled at her, "Don't count on me listening to you."

Darina scowled at me, and I kept my smile plastered to my face.

I snapped my wings open once more, and took off; leaving Darina... my new muse... in total astonishment.

Chapter 4 ~ Darina DeLuna

I paced around angrily, "No... No... Someone already knows of me and where I am! How could this be? Could I not have your blessings Zeus?"

Layah was laying down where I sat before Donte had came. She seemed like she wasn't a fan of him either.

Pausing, I stared over at Layah, and sighed, "At least he doesn't know where I stay for shelter." I picked her up, and headed towards the wall of water...

The moment my foot stepped passed the wall, there was an opening; a cave, with crystals that started to glow a bright violet. The glowing made it easier to see the golden gate, that needed a key to open it; which only I obtain.

I removed the crystal necklace that resembled the ones upon the wall but seemed to be more of a shape of a star; and placed it over the key hole.

The Gate began to glow itself, and it opened wide to an entrance of a enchanting Victorian home with bird of various colors, designs, and species prancing about.

The gate closed behind me, the crystals lost it glow, and I placed the necklace back around my neck after Layah had jumped out my arms.

Whilst Layah tortured the peacocks, I entered into the large house, feeling a lot less stressed by the whole scene that had taken place previously.

I made my way past the hall to that had beautiful luxuries paintings hung up, and towards the grand staircase. Heading upstairs to my room, I thought of how I could possibly get back up to Mount Olympus. 'It's so far up the clouds... the only way is to fly...' Placing my hands over my shoulders, to my back where my wings had once been. Then suddenly remembering Donte's beautiful black wings had snapped open and how he taken off so happily, and gracefully. I then began to feel stressed to jealous, to feeling lousy. 'How helpless am I? No wings, and I'm to call myself an angel... To say I belong with the gods and goddesses? Won't I look like a fool, saying such a thing with no proof of it. I wouldn't even believe myself.'

Depression washed over me, and my skin went pale.

I was in sudden need of comfort...

The moment I opened the door to my bedroom, I began to take off my clothes, and left a trail on the floor leading to the bathroom.

...The house was silent, only the sound of the hot water running into the tub...

Feeling the need of more earthly comforts, I took out lavender candles... just to remind myself of my mother and her lost love...

The instant I put my foot into the water, my whole body got shivers, then it relaxed. My foot was followed by the rest of my body.

I began to sing to myself... just to keep my mind clear. The smell of the lavenders made my heart ache and yearn for my mother. The warmth of the water kept me relaxed, and the steam washed away my pain.

I slowly hid my head under water...

Just in case someone was watching me...

You can't see tears underwater...

Then I felt nothing but pain. The angel wing tattoo began to glow, and my skin burn like hell.

I let out a loud cry, and jumped out my under the water. The tears came more and more, there was less control of them. I got sound flashes of visions.

I saw myself, in the dark cloudless sky. My wings vanished the moment I tried to fly off. Plummeting down helplessly, no one around to save me. If only I had one more chance!

Then everything was blank. I was gasping for air, and the tears kept falling. My heart was racing, I was so pale, I reminded myself as the dead. The only thing with color on my face was my red runny nose, and my rosy red lips.

I grabbed a towel, and buried wrapped it around myself. I headed towards the sink, and splashed myself with cold water, just to wake myself... to remind myself I am no longer in heaven... I'm on earth... I'm in reality...

... That I...

I am in hell...

Chapter 5 ~ Darina DeLuna

I was on my bed that night...

Crying...

Blood shot eyes, pale skin, weak, and helpless...

Layah stared up at me, with eyes with scared written all over it. She purred in a way just to make it seem like she was cheering me up instead of worrying. But I understood exactly what she was doing...

...That did nothing but make me feel worse.

Here I am alone...

No one to talk to me...

How pathetic am I?

I keep telling myself crying is not worth it...

I know I don't deserve this loneliness...

But yet... It came, and hit me so hard, my heart shattered.

I just don't feel... feel comfortable anymore after meeting him. I felt so much hatred towards him, and I don't even know him well enough to say such a thing. I want him dead and gone.

And with all that said, I don't want to leave him alone. I yearn for him to come back... like he's important to me some how. If this pain is from him, I seem not to mind hurting.

It's like I'm brainwashed... sometimes I feel safe, and then his name comes to mind and I don't feel safety anymore. I can't seem to find a way to leave...

I wish someone was out there to open my eyes, show me the truth. Keep me alive. Is there anyone out there that can see me? I can't seem to see myself... Is there anyone out there that can hear my scream... my pleads for help? I can't seem to hear myself...

He's a beautiful monster... a perfect nightmare...

Layah seemed to noticed what I was thinking... there wouldn't be any other explanation for her to claw me in such a manner that displayed tough love. I kind of want to thank Layah though. She helped me escape my fearful thoughts.

... But I know either way it'll come back...

... No matter how hard I'll try to get rid of them...

They'll come and conquer my dreams, come to take over my concentration, rule over my very soul; and I will just sit there like a pathetic, childish Cinderella, waiting for my prince to save me.

... But he'll probably never come...

I burst into tears once more, and buried my face in the pillow.

No way! I don't want that to happen! There is no way someone won't save me! That's impossible!

Why am I so scared of lonely? I want thicker skin!

Dear Zeus, hear my plead! Save me!

... Please...

... Someone...

... Help me...

Chapter 6 ~ Donte Knight

I kind of sat there on my throne next to the queen. The entertainers failed to entertain me. Ironic? Well not anymore... not as much as it has before the singing of that beautiful girl by the Waterfall.

The queen smiled and glanced down at me, "Are you not amused child?"

I looked up at her, trying to see if she was kidding or serious

"What has happened to you lately, Donte? Have you no heart?"

"No, I just lost my funny bone."

The queen chuckled, "Seems like your sarcastic humor is still there."

"It will always stay. Promise."

Katona butted into the conversation, "He's just trying to act like he wasn't proud that he was right that there wasn't a waterfall."

See that b****?! That's why I never told her there was a waterfall. She'll shove it up in my face and make me look bad; and when she thinks I'm right, she shoves it in my face to make me look like I'm a spoiled brat that gets a kick out of being right...

...Wait...

Shut up.

I sighed and ignored Katona's comment, even though a yearned to slap her so hard she shits herself.

The queen noticing my annoyance towards Katona, and my boredom towards the entertainer finally set me free.

"Thank you." I got out of the throne and headed towards my bed chamber. Thinking of that girl... Darina...

Her beautiful eyes, her stylish hair, and the perfect curves she had made my heart race, my skin tingle, and my mouth water...

...Which is not very likely of me. I may be a womanizer, but I never felt horny over a girl before. That's only for weak-minded people... and I am far from weak-minded.

FAR

'I must see her again... I have too... and this time, I'll woo her. And she'll fall in my arms... But what use would I have for her if I am successful?' I thought of this for the longest of the time.

Giving up I quickly ran out of my Bed Chamber, and headed for the door.

"Donte?! Where is it you are going?!"

"Out!"

Katona jumped out of my throne. 'That b**** getting comfortable on my throne...'

She ran towards me, "I have to come with you, too."

"No you don't."

"Yes, I do."

"No you seriously don't"

"You want to bet."

"On what? That I can easily kick your ass and have you thrown out this castle an in the streets of the Ghetto in Elemental city?" I raised a brow at her, daring her to say something else.

Katona glared at me with cold, hateful eyes, and spun around. Slapping me with her Brown hair. I was tempted to rip it right off her head, but I wanted to see Darina once more. I couldn't bare walking. Snapping out my raven wings, I flew out to the heart of Zeus's Canyon. To find the Beautiful Darina in the Falls...

"She must be mine... she will be mine..." I whispered as I flew past the women and teen girls yelling out my name.

Normally I would stop for a chat... but I was so jittery. My mind was set on her...

Set on seeing her blood red lips...

Set to see her hair of gold...

Set to see her pale flawless skin...

Set to see her eyes... her beautiful enchanting eyes...

Her stunning, heart striking Caribbean Sea eyes...

Chapter 7 ~ Donte Knight I flew to the center of the canyon, and saw the waterfall. I landed in the nearest Cherry Blossom Tree. Looking down searching for Darina. 'She's not here?! No! That couldn't be! I didn't imagine her! I know I didn't Know f*ing way...' I watched the area, desperate to see her once more. "Darina! Darina I have came to haunt you once more!" I yelled out for her. I heard a shuffling, and then her she appeared from behind the waterfall. She was soaking wet, and to my delight, I could see right through her shirt. "Is this a strip tease I'm getting?" Darina paused, and stared up. Her gorgeous eyes met mine. They were filled with fear, but delight. With a passion that I couldn't tell whether it was love of hatred. "Why are you here?!" "I can't see you my love?" I smiled at her "Do not call me love." "Why not? With beauty like yours, and charms like mine, we're bound to live happily ever after." I chuckled teasingly at her "I will not fall for you." "Oh really...?" "Really." "Let us make a deal. You fall in love with me, you stay with me in my palace. You'll forever be mine. Mine to keep. From now till the end." { I put this in bold. For a reason. Remember this! This Part is Important! } She narrowed her eyes at me, "... and if I was to not fall in love?" "You still get your wings, I will leave you alone, and set a law that if anyone was to trespass this area, they will be sent to jail." Darina smiled, "...and...?" "...and...?" Is she serious?! Amazing... I think I've fallen in love. "I want more. This is a battle of love. I need a greater prize." I jumped off the Tree, and ruffled the feathers on my wings. I simply folded them back and stared Darina in the eyes, "Do you enjoy making things harder for me?" "I'm the type of girl, who would do anything to prove her pride." I smirked, instantly noticing that sentence was only an act, "Fine. What do you think about me expanding the greenery?" Darina facial expression perked up, and her eyes twinkled, "Fine. It's a deal." I nodded and smile, and offered my hand, "But for this deal, we must seal it." "Seal it?" "Why yes. Whenever I make a promise, I stay true to my words. I just need you to stay true to yours. We must seal." Darina stared at my hand then at me. She gave me her small hand, and I looked her straight in her eyes. I could tell that she saw the devil in me. He reaction was golden. I pulled her close aggressively. She smashed against my body, and she winced, and seemed to have been slightly panicking. I gave her no chance to escape, I imprisoned her with my gigantic raven wings, keeping perfect hold on her. No way she'll be able to escape from my grasp. She now began to fight back, but once her mouth opened, not a single word came out. I removed her hair from her neck, and her eyes were glued on me, frightened by the saint she saw in my eyes. She was so full of fear, I saw it in her eyes. I licked her neck, slowly, seductively. Darina's heart jumped, and skipped a beat. Her feet shuffled, ready to try to escape once more. Her mouth opened ready to say something but nothing came out. An aura began to spread, and once it became wide enough, the sky was pitch black. The water fall froze in it's spot. And my teeth sank into her soft tender skin. She threw her head back and screamed in terror. Now instead of total pain, Darina felt pleasure. The screaming for help came to a pause, and she froze in the very spot she stood. Her heart raced, and her skin turned burning hot, and she seemed to be gasping for air. Begging for mercy. Her head fell forward, and she panted her nails dug deep in my back. Darina was now moaning. Each time getting louder. This only encouraged me. Darina seemed to be holding back, but I. I didn't. Of course I didn't. I slowly moved my hand up her shirt, and I groped her breast. Darina hand ran down my back, leaving a long scratch down my back that began to bleed. She yelled out my name, and begged for mercy. I licked the access blood from her neck. I kept my tongue on her skin, running it around the area in a circular motion. She panted and shook her head as is wondering what had happened. I removed my lips from her neck, and glanced at the area I bit. The glowing Raven Mark was now there. Replacing the two teeth markings I left. I now locked eyes with her. She was scared, her eyes full of fear. Her heart every now and then skipped a beat. I kissed her forehead and slowly made my way down to her mouth. Tracing her lips with my tongue, I shoved it down her throat, and kissed her hungrily. Darina was now in a haze. Under my trance, not pulling away. She couldn't pull away. But I knew some part of her was still there. She moved her hands over my chest. That's when I lost it. I don't know what had happened. Her small fingers had a dim light on the tip of them. Then her whole hand was engulfed in this blinding light. My skin burned and it sent me tumbling back. She was now crouching on the ground screaming in pain. her hand on the back of her neck. Where something had seemed to be glowing. Where her hands were burnt like hell. I looked down to see my shirt had a giant burn over it, and my chest had been scared. I placed my hand over my chest, and healed the scar on my chest, and took off my burnt shirt. I couldn't stand staying there anymore. Looking at her anymore, her enchanting beauty might just end up making me feel guilty. That was indeed the last thing I needed. I took off and left Darina there in tears... My heart ached... How could I leave her there...? But why the hell do I care so much...? Why the hell do I feel so much guilt...?! What had that b**** done to me?!

Chapter 8 ~ Darina DeLuna

... He left me...

... In pain...

... Everything was a blur...

... I'm scared...

Then I bellowed out a terrifying scream of pain. I placed my hand over my marking of the angel wing on my neck. I cried out to him, "Don't leave me!" Which was pointless... he's so far away...

I screamed and slammed my fist against the ground. I felt something warm fall from the back of my shoulder, but I was afraid to touch it... what if I made it worse?

I began breathing heavily, and my screams got louder each time. My tears fell from my eyes, more tears I've ever shed before.

... That's when it happened again...

That flash back...

... It was dark at first... nothing was there...

Just an endless, bottomless pit of darkness...

Then there was a slight light...

I reached out to grab it... but something hard, and cold was in the way.

I wrapped my fingers around it, curiously... I ran my fingers on it up and down, slowly... then moved my hands delicately around me...

The cold metal like object was surrounding me! I slammed my hands against it, once again scared. My heart was racing... I heard a voice... a beautiful voice...

"... Darina... Darina..." It called for me, and I tried to reach out to it...

I whispered, "Where...? Where are you...?"

"I'm here, Darina... I'm here Gold Heart..."

Gold Heart?! Why did this voice call me Gold Heart? My breath became heavy, and the voice spoke out to me.

"Calm yourself... I am here only for you..."

"For... for me?"

"Just for you..." Then a hand lifted my head slightly, and tenderly upwards. It's warm lips gently brushed against my skin. My stomach flopped. I wasn't sure whether I should have been scared or not.

It was at first blurry... my hair was in my my face. But the mysterious person removed it for me... the moment my vision cleared... I saw it...

I saw him... the monster... that Beautiful Monster...

... Donte Knight...

And I? I was in a bird cage! A Man sized bird cage!

I slapped his hand and pulled away. I stared around me, and I saw nothing but those golden bars...

"No! No! Let me out! Set me free!" I yelled, though my voice was overflowing with fear.

"But you are mine now... mine forever..." Donte's eyes glimmered once more... the devil within could be seen through is golden eyes.

"No!" I screamed and shook my head frantically. I shook the cage, "Let me out! Let me loose!"

"There is no use, Gold Heart. You are trapped. And if you were to leave, you'll run back to me once more..." He smiled devilishly.

"No! I won't! That's not true! You cannot rob me of my soul!"

"But yet Darina... I have... have I not?"

My heart stopped... and my vision blurred once more, by the tears that built up in my eyes.

"Zeus forbids!"

"Did he? If so, why are you here?"

I cried, and hung my head down... but then I was wrapped around something... something familiar...

Before I could even get a hint of what it was, the pain snapped me back to reality. To the blood soaked grass that made the Earth seemingly bleeding itself. I felt the throbbing pain of my shoulder where Donte had once drank from me. I felt the warmth of the blood that came from the mark. I laid on the ground, letting myself cry. Letting myself have sympathy... letting the pain me away, and leave me to possibly die...

... Just like Donte had...

Leave me to suffer...

I can't handle this pain anymore! Why?!

What have I done?!

Have Earth no heart?!

What was it that made me wrong? Made me be shunned from happiness and freedom?!

I just came here... not just a week ago, and yet I'm already in a crisis I can't help myself out of.

Earth's Eris is what I am. I am nothing but a godly figure on Earth....

... One that takes the place of the Goddess of Drama...

~*~*~*~

It began to pour. And I have yet to get up off the ground I lay on. I don't plan to move any time soon.

Let me lay in my blood pool. Let me lay in my suffering, my pain, my nightmares.

Let me, my heart, and my soul wither away.

For what use are they? No one seems to care about me. Nor my broken heart.

No one care whether I wish to be free.

Free from trauma, from this whole dramatic scenes.

No one bothers to see things through my eyes. But why bother?! Why bother to care for this child that forever lives a burden to her Masters, and Mistress. She is nothing but useless. Am I not right?

Why am I even here? Why am I alive still? Why don't the Lions by my Waterfall come and eat me alive? What business do I have to stay alive anyways, I don't offer the world any talents. A matter of fact, I have no talent. I worthless, I have no value.

... But yet Donte comes...

... Does he not see what a waste of space I am on Earth?

I bet he's only here to torment me. To forever let me not hold peace.

I bet I am right. There wouldn't be any other reason for a man like... like Donte to come for me. I am nothing. I am no one.

Layah headed towards me, she stood there, looking down at me with her green eyes. She blinked every time she felt a raindrop land on her head. Then she sneezed... right in my face. I stared at her, annoyed. She just waltz right in front of me while I'm mourning, then sneeze in my face.

Layah put her paw on my nose, and did that weird thing when she tries to sound like she's a full grown Lion. She "Rawrs", then moved her paw on my left eye.

I sat up, and placed Layah on my lap, "Oui, Layah. Do you not see I'm miserable?"

Layah stared up at me, seemingly annoyed by me. She jumped out my lap, and did some sort of an odd waddle into the middle of the river bank. She splashed frantically until she disappeared into the cave pathway that led to my home.

I sat there, unsure whether to follow her or not. But the moment I heard her do her "Big Girl Rawr" I knew I should get up and follow her.

~*~*~*~

I was in my bathtub, still soaked in my misery.

I sat in the middle of the clear water, and sang to myself...

"I know you're somewhere out there

Somewhere far away
I want you back
I want you back
Everybody think
I'm crazy
But they don't understand
You're all I have
You're all I have

At night when the stars
light up my room
I sit by myself

Talking to the Moon
Try to get to You
In hopes you're on
the other side
Talking to me too
Or am I a fool
who sits alone
Talking to the moon

I'm feeling like I'm famous
The talk of the town
They say
I've gone mad
Yeah
I've gone mad
But they don't know
what I know

Cause when the
sun goes down
someone's talking back
Yeah
They're talking back

At night when the stars
light up my room
I sit by myself
Talking to the Moon
Try to get to You
In hopes you're on
the other side
Talking to me too
Or am I a fool
who sits alone
Talking to the moon

Ah Ah,
Ah Ah,

Do you ever hear me calling?
Cause every night
I'm talking to the moon
Still trying to get to you

In hopes you're on
the other side
Talking to me too
Or am I a fool
who sits alone
Talking to the moon

I know you're somewhere out there
Somewhere far away."

Chapter 10 ~ Donte Knight That pathetic bastard loves me... I wonder if she knows I couldn't care less about her...? Oh well, might as well use her while she lasts. I climbed on top of her, and untied her like she wanted, but never let her free. ... I personally do not believe in making a woman feel unwanted. She's beautiful, but not ripe. "You?! Tired?! Of sex?! That's so funny." I'm guessing she picked up I wasn't into her, "Sure, Donte. Your tired. Then why don't you go to sleep love? I'll tuck you in bed." I noticed her fist clench, a sign of her version of "Tucking me in bed" wasn't pleasant, "Katona, how are you to be mad at me if I am not interested?" "You used me for pleasure?" "What pleasure was I feeling?!" I instantly regretted that. I could see the hate now... and it wasn't the 'Hate' she used to hide her true feelings... this time it was pure hatred, "Katona, I did not mean for it to come out like that." "Sure, Donte. Because you always tell me the truth. You truthfully didn't mean to say it like that." She grabbed her clothes, and put it on faster then I've ever seen a girl do in front of me. They normally take their time, just for me to get a peek. "But I did not!" I protested, though a part of me was lying. Katona picked up from that moment something was wrong with me. That I was hiding something from her. I must admit, you can't keep a secret from her. It's virtually impossible. She can tell when she's being left out on things, and the worst part is she can read your mind... easily. The moment I knew she was inside my head is when I was thinking about Darina, and not the scene happening now. "There was a waterfall after all...!" She hissed at me, crept towards me, her green eyes changed into the one of the demon dragon inside her, "Who. Is. Darina-?" I kept my ground. I will not fall for this. "Who. Is. Darina?!" She lashed out at me, "Answer me!" "Darina is soon to be mine! Get over yourself! Not everyone can fall for you! I am individual! The things I want you don't posses, but Darina... Darina does! She is none of your business!" Katona stood in a moment of silence. A glimmer of anger was in her eyes, "She is now." She spun around on her heel and made her way out. "You will not touch Darina! She is my Raven Alma { Translation~Raven Soul }... my Corazoon de Oro { Translation~Golden Heart }! I will protect her with my life!" I yelled after her. "And my life will continue whilst she exist!" She snapped at me and slammed the door. 'S***...' I whispered under my breathe and paced around the room, 'What is it I will do?! She's after Darina, and I'm not so sure Darina posses any power of her own... but there was always that strange light from her fingers... or I could have imagined it... but why do I care...?" ~*~*~*~*~*~ From that moment, dear reader... Donte has fell into the hands of Darina... They have both been affected by each other's power... Donte under Darina's spell of beauty and love... And Darina under the spell of Donte's charms and seduction... Both to enter a world of fear... Both to encounter a nightmare the other can't bare... Both to thrive through the suffering that one has put on the other.

Chapter 11 ~ Darina DeLuna

I was half naked. I was practically. I pretty much only had on a white shirt while I sat on a boulder that laid right under the wall of water that fell from the cliff above. It fell on top of me, and soaked me up. My shirt became wet and see-through, and it clung onto my body. My hair pretty much clung on the same way. Imagine if Donte had seen me? He was always aroused by me getting wet by the falls. Since pretty much every time he comes I'm doing something that has to do with stripping.

Speaking of Donte, I don't plan on encountering him any time soon. I think I have suffered with his presence one to many times.

'I need to find someone else. I don't want to be stuck with him all my life. He'll just cause me pain...' I looked around the place. Greenery and Vegetation is all I saw. All beautiful in it's own individual way. But it is very lonely to live here all alone with no one to share this beauty with. 'I wonder if I could enter downtown in Elemental City without Donte knowing my location. Maybe if I'm lucky enough, I'll get to meet a friend...'

I got up a little happy with the idea of doing such a thing. I quickly grabbed and put on dry, clean, fresh clothes, and brushed and dried my hair.

I ran out into the ever-lasting sand. Towards Elemental City.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

'Damn it Darina! Out of all the places!' My skin crawled, and a chill ran down my spine. I tried to figure out why I came here if I knew I hated the thought of graveyards, and being buried at any point of life, alive or dead.

Sighing, I watched the two girls down on the farther side of the graveyard. 'I wish I had a friend... I could get comfort in such a creepy place like them...'

One of the girls I was watching over caught, and locked eyes with me. I heard her whisper, "Let's leave."

The other one seemed to had stopped her, "No... why?" She too locked eyes with me. They probably both saw something in me that seemed to scare them.

The one that asked to leave growled, and turned into a wolf, "I'm not going to stay... look at her. The remember what the oracle had announced upon Donte? A girl of beauty has fallen from the heavens..." She never finished. She probably noticed I heard because she had ran off... and her friend followed. My heart dropped to my stomach, and shattered.

I bit my lip to fight back the tears that was building up inside. That's when I noticed a figure from behind that was heading towards me. I had looked around me making sure it was me he wanted, and not anyone else. But he was without a doubt was coming towards me.

He stopped and stood in front of me. A tall handsome man that looked about Donte's age, "I mean not to bother you, miss, but I'm new here. I am Night Shade." He offered me his hand.

I stared at his hand. It reminded me of when Donte offered his hand to me, and then he spell bounded be afterward. I plan not this to happen once more. I rejected his hand; but not for just that one reason. I was a bit paranoid of meeting someone in a graveyard. But I spoke to him nevertheless, "....Oh... um... well... I'm kind of new here too... I'm... I'm Darina. Darina DeLuna." I stuttered like a complete moron. But he seemed entertained by my nervousness.

"Don't worry I won't bite." Night was a bit persistent, his hand still held out for me, and flashed me a warm smile that I fell in love with, and made my heart melt.

But I was serious though. I. Will. Not. Shake. Hands.

He seemed to pick that up, because he put his hand in his pocket with a sheepish smile. Night had studied my facial expressions then looked me in the eyes. He probably picked up I didn't want to stay here, "Um... you know... graveyards are a little creepy... you want to go somewhere where we can relax?"

I perked up a bit by the question, "Yes! Oh yes! I desperately want to leave!"

"Your eyes! They're so beautiful... mesmerizing..." He looked bit in a daze for a while, "Oh I'm sorry... they just seemed to glow for a bit... sorry..." Night was as nervous as me, but I couldn't help but giggle.

"Um... where would you like to go? I could fly you there." He shot his wings wide open and stretched them out. Clearly they were cramped and folded into his shirt.

"Fly...?" I was a little surprised by his huge white wings snapping out wide open like that. They were stunning... my back where my wings once been began to tingle, "Um... ok... but I don't know where I want to go. I just wan greenery and water."

"Greenery and water... I think I might just know the place..." He smiles, "Just one thing, you're going to have to hold onto me pretty tight. I tend to shoot off the ground pretty fast."

I cringed a bit of the idea of me holding him, and he shot into the sky like a lightening bolt, "I will hold on tight... but do you think you can slow down your speed a bit? I haven't flown in a while..." I ran my fingers through my hair, like I always did when I became nervous.

"Of course. I promise I'll slow down for you," Night smiled and got awfully close to me. It bothered me even more the fact he slid his hands over my waist, "Are you ready, Darina?"

I was silent for a minute. Did I want to go through this? I was terribly unsure of myself, but I answered him, "Yes...? I think..."

He chuckled a bit, "I'm going to be honest with you, Darina. The way you get nervous is a bit adorable."

I looked up at him surprised at his comment. He winked, raised his wings, and thrust them down. Thus creating a huge gust of wind that blew off the remaining dead leaves on the trees. Then we launched into the air. Once he became air born he steadied himself, and made sure he flew slowly for her, and to find his way to the forest.

I held on a bit too tight. I almost screamed in fright. I buried my face into his chest, and my heart began to beat faster, almost matching the beat of his wings.

I then began to get mad at myself.

'Why am I scared?! I used to fly all the time, and now I'm scared?! I'm pathetic...' I began to beat myself up for it. I suck.

Night had rubbed my shoulder as a sign of comfort. He was watching over me. He probably saw that I had low self-esteem.

I vigilantly kept track of where his hand was though. I don't want him to find either of the tattoos marked on her shoulder. Then I was now beginning to feel anxious once more. I yearned to feel the ground again!

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Night and I had finally reached our destination. Thank god...

He landed gracefully and softly, making sure I wasn't hurt, "Thank you for flying Guardian Angel Airlines... we hope you had a nice trip. "

I smiled a bit. His corny jokes was a bit cute, "Thank you for the thrill ride. It made getting out a gloomy graveyard much more entertaining."

"Thrill ride...? You should see me showing off..." He laughs slightly, "What's that accent I hear when you speak anyways, Beau- I mean Darina...?" He muttered to himself, "Damn it Night... Stop it... what's up with this girl that got you loosing your cool?!"

I chuckled a bit, "It's French... loosing your cool?"

"You heard that?!"

"Yes..." I tried my best not to laugh.

"Thank you for the public humiliation, you may laugh till your lungs collapse, my friend." He rolled his eyes playfully, and blushed, instantly covering his face

'My friend?! He called me his friend! I have a friend!' I laughed at him

He removed his hands from his face, and stared at me stunned, and love-struck.

"What?"

"I'm... I'm sorry, but you have a terribly beautiful laugh... I couldn't help but..." His voice faded, and he shook his head, "I'm sorry, but something about you seriously has me dazing off. It's like your a witch."

"Is that a bad thing?!" I back away

"No! No! A joke... it was a joke." He grabbed my shoulders, and he looked truly sorry, "Oy vey... I'm loosing it."

I stared at him not so sure what to do.

Night shook his head, "I'm sorry... lets change the subject. So your new here."

"...Yea... but I'm pretty much the main topic now I believe with the Prince... Donte Knight I believe? I get visions though... of him calling me his Raven Alma, and his Conarzo de Oro..."

"What does that mean...?" He seemed absolutely dumb founded

"It means Raven Soul, and Gold Heart."

"At least it's not flower-boy. God forsake childish names." He sighed a bit embarrassed. "Do you know why he calls you that?"

"Not a clue..."

"Oh... well I'm willing to protect you if that's what you need..." He was a blushing a bit, but he was sincere. I could see it.

"Pro-protect me?" I looked into his eyes, "Bu-but he's-"

"Powerful? I'm not scared. I'll protect you from the world, whenever I can." He seemed strong, and pure hearted...

I stared at him in awe... he... himself was mesmerizing...

"Wi-will this m-mean I wo-won't be alone any-anymore?!"

"Yes... I will protect you. I, Darina, I am willing to be your guardian angel..."

I was stunned, "Y-yes! Thank you! Night... I don't know what to say! Th-thank you so much!" I embraced him, not wanting to let go.

He looked down at me and smiled while blushing, "I'm willing to help a friend, Darina. I'll protect you."

Chapter 12 ~ Darina DeLuna

Isn't it funny?

How you can just meet someone and you guys instantly click...

Like you understand each other...

... like you were meant for each other...

'There is no such thing as love at first sight... there is no such thing as love at first sight...' I was kind of beating myself up about this Night man.

He was so sweet and charming. He had this weird cocky queer thing about him that made him funny. He was handsome and protective. All this could be assembled just by first sight.

'Have I gone mad?' That was on my mind for the rest of the day. I some how felt like I got myself into a situation I won't be able to get out of. Or maybe it was something good and that 's the weird feeling I'm getting now. Just a simple sign that things will be better anytime soon!

'Why am I comforting myself? I have every right to be worried. Donte might find out about him and rip him to shreds... but then again I don't know how powerful either of them are...'

I rubbed my temple. All this thinking is giving me a headache major. But I can't seem to stop either way. This is a serious problem here. Bad or Good, it doesn't matter which, i just got to find myself out of it. I don't want to be stuck in the middle of anything... not again. Never again...

Ayah curled herself around my shaking leg under the table. I kind of pushed her off my leg, but she somehow found herself back on my leg once more.

I stood up and headed towards my room. Ayah following behind.

I closed the door on Ayah, but she slipped through the tiny crack on the bottom of the door. I find this terribly odd. Is she's like a lava-lamp sort of individual. She takes on these weird shapes and slip through everything...

I sighed trying not to think too hard on Ayah's weird abilities; that's sort of something I should avoid completely - Thinking.

But no matter how much I try to it slaps me in the face.

'I haven't seen Donte in over a week... that definitely should not be a good thing... maybe he did find out about Night! Oh the poor boy! He's probably dead by now...!' I began to chock up a bit by the idea. That didn't last long... I frightened right out my thoughts...

By a loud crash...

Chapter 13 ~ Night Shade

~ An Hour Earlier ~

I had landed on the ground quietly by The Pier; my family restaurant in downtown on the beach side in Elemental City.

I'm terribly late, and if Tensi; my sister, finds out I'm late, I'll get the beating of a lifetime.

I tip-toed towards the door, and opened it slowly; peeking in to see my sister, Tensi talking and smiling at one of the costumers. But I saw her eyes shift over to my direction, and her hand grasped the wooden bat she held just in case someone tried to rob the place.

I shuttered and tried to close the door. Maybe she truly didn't notice me, and the man in front of her is simply a robber...

I slapped my forehead, 'What the hell are the odds of that guy being a robber? He's small and wimpish looking. Quit trying to fool yourself, Night. You're dead...'

"Hold on, sir. I have someone I must see." Tensi lifted one of her small painted nails and smiled at him warmly. She turned towards the back, "Hey, Katty come give this man what he wants. I got some business to do." She was looking at me at the corner of her eyes again, and death was in her eyes.

I closed the door, and headed to the back of the shop. 'I seriously need to stop coming late! She's going to seriously rip me limb from limb!'

The door bust open and Tensi was there with the wooden bat in her hand, "Night Shade! Where have you been!"

I kept walking pretending I didn't hear her. I sped up.

"I know you heard me! Get your ass over here!"

I pretended not to hear her again. And I was walking much too fast that my legs began to cramp, 'I'm screwed... I'm screwed I'm screwed... I'm screwed!'

"NIGHT!" She ran towards me and lifted the bat, seemingly aiming for my head.

I had to stop now. I turned and faced Tensi. I was walking backwards this time, but at a fast pace. I'm seriously in need of help now...

"Night Shade, where have you been?!"

"N-nowhere... honest sis... I was just talking... talking to..." I paused. How do I explain I was talking someone so beautiful as Darina? She deserves a title bigger then just a friend. But Tensi looked impatient and angry so I had no choice..."I was talking to a friend!"

"A friend?!" She gave me one of her sarcastic snorts, "Yea right!" She swung the bat at me, nailing me on the chest. Damn... for small hands she causes pain that could leave you crippled... "You've never had a friend! You were out sinning weren't you?! You never make friends. You only go around laying with women you pervert! I can't even look at you!" She turned around on her heel, her back facing me.

"I was not sinning! I wouldn't do that to her!"

"To her?! You were sinning you lying pig!" She turned around and put the bat under my chin, lifting it up to face her and look her in the eyes, "Don't lie to me Night..."

"I was not sinning..." I whispered to her, a bit peeved that she doesn't believe me.

~ A Few Minutes Later ~

I had bruises all over my body. I think I broken a few things that I never knew could possibly be broken. The bat was in bad shape as well. It was laying on the ground by Tensi's feet under the table in pieces.

Tensi was calmer now. She was sitting around the table acting like she never beat the crap out of me. Sipping her damn tea like she's the Queen of the UK with her eyes closed.

I had just finished explaining to her what had happened at the grave yard and ended it with a sigh.

"I see... so you were telling the truth... well, wouldn't it be the cutest thing to invite her over?" She looked over at me with another one of her innocent, warm, but fake smiles, and opened one eye, "After all... it's my duty to make sure your girlfriend isn't too mean..."

My mouth dropped in shock, "What did you say you little worm?!"

Tensi slapped me on my back, and snorted. She headed towards the kitchen, "You're a little piece of s*** aren't you? How could this girl possibly like you?" She muttered under her breath, making it sound like a joke, but I know she was offended.

I rubbed the spot she had hit me, "Ow..." I watched as she walked off into the kitchen. I seriously need to get out of here. I want to see Darina again...

The moment I was positive that she was gone, and I could no longer see her. I got up and put the tea cup she was drinking from on the counter. I slowly slipped out the back door, and opened out my silver wings. 'Why do I suddenly want to see Darina? I barely know her and yet...' I couldn't finish off my thought. It seemed a bit too painful for me to say, nor think it...

A minute after I had left, I could hear Tensi's foot steps, "Hey Night, sorry about hurting you, I just-" I'm guessing she noticed I left because she threw another one of her tantrums. "Night Shade!" She yelled out my name. This time, she sounded like the devil.

I heard her pick up and metal object, and burst the door opened. Catching me right when I was about to fly off.

"Is this damn girl more important than me?!"

"That's not what I said!" I stretched out my wings, noticing that Tensi was turning into a torch, and was going to burn the place to the ground.

"You little piece of f***!" She reached out to grab me, but I had thrust the moment her hand made contact with my shoulder, and flew off as fast as I could.

Tensi had done that weird underground traveling thing she does, which makes me vulnerable. I won't be able to see where she'll attack me... s***...

"Come on... don't get to me before I reach Darina..."

Chapter 14 ~ Darina DeLuna

~ Current Timing ~

I sit up on my bed, listening out for more of the loud crashing sound that was going on outside. 'What the hell?'

Ayah arched her back, yawned, then sneezed. She pawed my lap then licked her paw. When that crashing sound came once more, she arched her back and hissed. She sneezed again, then jumped off my bed, dragging my Midnight-Purple silk covers with her.

I got off my bed, took the silk covers from Ayah, who twitched her nose when I took it from her. I wrapped it around my half naked body, and slipped on little Panda Slippers, that was about the same color as my covers.

I skidded across the room, until I got my balance back. I opened the door, and shuffled outside to where the noise was coming from.

'Odd...' There was nothing out here that could possibly be making that sound.

I saw a figure up in the sky, 'No! Please don't be Donte!' I ran behind the nearest tree I can find, and hid out of sight, still keeping my eyes on the figure in the sky. I swear I saw it's mouth open. Since it was obviously way to far to hear, I read it's mind. And it was not the thought I would expect from Donte, 'Oh God... She'll be here any minute...!' Who'll be here?

The figure dove behind a bush near me. It went too fast, and I wasn't able to see any sign of identity to tell who it could possibly be. My heart was racing, and I wasn't sure if I should run, or stay here to fight it off...

Then there was rumbling underground. I looked down at me feet scared, 'What is going on?! Is this an Earthquake?!'

"Okay, where are you, you little ugly f*** insect?" It was the voice of a woman, who arrived from underground. The woman had a frying pan in her hand. 'A frying pan?! Has everyone gone mad?!'

The lady headed towards the bush where that image had landed in, and swung the pan. 'Is she killing it?!' I quickly put up a barrier. I'm defiantly not going to bare anyone else coming in and beating the s*** out of someone. This barrier won't let anyone in, or anyone out.

The woman grabbed the person/thing from the bush... by the shirt? She practically smashed the frying pan to the person's head! Sending... sending him hurling towards the barrier, bouncing off, and crashing into a tree. "Oh my god!" I practically yelled. But it turned out my mind stabbed me in the back, because it came out as a whisper.

"Now then, are you done flower boy?" The woman said to the unconscious, "Oh my god, what am I going to do with you?" She said that sounding bored, and not regretting a thing.

I wrinkled my nose. Did she just say flower boy? Isn't that the nickname of Night?

The lady headed towards the body, "Hey... hey you... you with the face... you okay big brother...Night...?" He just laid there unconscious.

Big brother?! That's what she does to her big brother?! What type of nonsense is going on here?! I stayed hidden by the tree. Oh wait hold up! Did she say Night?!

"Oh my Fu-" I stopped myself, and reminded myself that I do not curse! "Oh my fudge monkeys! Night Shade?! What happened to him?!" 'Stupid question...'

The lady jumps, then sighs in relief, "Oh nothing, he simply fell while he was flying." She smiled innocently; while Night laid down with his face facing the ground.

Night mumbled under his breath, "Liiieeesss..."

The lady blushed, and hid the frying pan behind her. She kicked Night, and he groaned.

I returned the fake smile, but my eyes was burning with rage. This is her brother! Who does that to their brother?! And Night's such a sweet guy! Why?! "I can see right through your 'Innocent Smile' -" I put air quotes around Innocent Smile, "If he fell from the sky, wouldn't it be logical if his wings were still out? And I highly doubt they would be in great shape. So let me ask again; what happened to him? And let me add this; why is there a frying pan in your hand?"

"I... I sort of hit him with it... he wasn't supposed to leave without me... but he slipped away..." She said looking down at her feet. Night slowly got up, stumbling.

I ran towards Night, and helped him to his feet, "So you think it's ok to smack him with a pan? Have you no sense? No shame?! He could have had an concussion! Or even brain damage. What would you have done then? Disgusting! Are you okay, Night? Do you feel any pain of any sort?" I focused on Night. Paying attention to his sister will simply make me angry.

She looked awfully hurt by what I said. She turned and ran away. Leaving me with a hurt Night in the dark where Donte might come any minute...

I looked around and sighed, "Come on Night, your head is bleeding. I'll wrap it up."

Night smiled at me wearily, and held on to me as I carried him to my home...

Chapter 15 ~ Night Shade

"Whoa... you seriously just... ran her off..." I watched as Tensi ran off crying. I was feeling a bit bad that I had let Darina talk to her like that. After all she is my younger sister...

"Are you alright, Night?" I heard Darina repeat herself once more. She sounded more patient. If it was Tensi, she would have slapped me for not listening the first time...

"Yeah..." I had answered her, but my eyes shifted from where Tensi disappeared to the ground, "You know... you can't really blame her... If I... or even if she does something wrong... She becomes a normal human... and I guess I shouldn't have slithered off either way..." I sighed. I hated to admit it, even though it was true. I can't help but be totally honest...

Darina didn't seem to see what was going on. She sort of stuck to what she said before. This is the most stubborn I've ever seen her act... "Doesn't matter She's way too violent on you. Even if she disliked the fact you left regarding her concerns, does not give her the right to attack you in such a manner. And with all the things she could have possibly use, she takes a pan?! She should spoken to you in a rational manner; not hunt you down. It's not right, no matter what the excuse is."

She had crossed her arms and looked away from me, her eyes were a little ticked off, and she was pouting. What made her look adorable the most, was how her cheeks and lips are always rosy. I highly doubt it's makeup... makeup doesn't look that natural...

"Why are you staring at me?" Darina looked my in my eyes, and my skin tingled. My eyes shifted away from her.

I sort of smiled, "I don't know... But you are right... But then again... she doesn't know better-" She cut me off

"Neither do you! How could you leave her?! Do you not think you were wrong yourself-"

I cut her off like she had done to me, "Like I was saying before I was so rudely interrupted..." I looked her in the eyes, and smiled, showing her I meant it only as a joke. She just wiggled her slightly pink nose, fixed the Dark colored purple silk covers over her, and looked away. "She doesn't know better... and as you had just stated, nor do I... but you could try talking to her nicely about it, and simply teach her. She... we never really had a mother to do such a thing for us. She had died when we were born..."

I noticed Darina chewing her lips, like she was thinking about what I was saying. I think I might have gotten to her... "Nor have I... but if that's the case... I'm willing to be nicer to her. She just made a bad impression upon me. It was nothing to take personal."

I smiled at her. Thank god. She's the only girl I know that won't fight against me, "Thank you, Darina. I guess I should go find her then... knowing her luck, she'll probably run into another unsavory guy in the forest..." I had dusted myself off, not really wanting to leave Darina.

Darina snorted and crossed her arms again, and wiggled her small cute nose. Like I sort of offended her. 'Does she always cross her arms, and wiggle her nose whenever someone offends her...?' I mentally snorted myself, 'It's sort of a weird, but adorable habit...'

She spoke up, and protested, "An Unsavory person in my forest?! Have you gone mad? Or has that fall cause you to drop your senses somewhere around here? I would have had them gone the moment they stepped foot on my grounds!"

I smirked and wrapped my arms around Darina. Pulling her close to me, causing her to slam against my body, "It almost sounds like you're trying to keep me alone here with you."

Darina stared me straight in my eyes. I saw a flash of something that seemed beyond what I was expecting, but then it changed to a sarcastic, but friendly glare. She removed my arm from around her, "... keep you here with me? That was far from my intention..."

I sort of shifted my bottom jaw, forcing myself not to laugh at her comment. I shrugged, "Whatever you say, my love." She wiggled her nose, then wrinkled her nose. I tapped it with one finger, and her whole face turned a faint color of pink. That made me laugh.

Darina face then went blank. I got a sudden chill down my spine by the flash of fear on her face. She was looking right behind me. I was afraid to look behind myself; but remembering how I am her guardian angel, I must protect her.

I hesitated to turn around, but the moment I made a complete circle around, I saw, out of all the possible people in the world, Prince Donte. Right in front of me. What seemed to confuse me, was the scared look in Darina's eyes. Why is she so afraid of him? Prince Donte is known for being one of the nicest royal members in the castle... the kingdom!

"I mean not to intrude, Corazon De Oro, but I am in need of you..." Donte stood high, mighty, and tall before us. But what is Corazon De Oro? Was I missing out an important piece of information? And why is it he is here? That's when I noticed his eyes was on Darina; and they looked as if he was possessing her. Almost as if... almost as if he was the one Darina was running from!

Darina slowly backed away from me, more then frightened. She seemed to be trying to hide how fearful she was of him, but it wasn't working as well as she was trying it to, "No... no I won't let you take me..."

"...um... do you know Prince Donte? And why are you backing away from him like that...? What... what's going on?" I said facing Darina. I held her ice cold hands, that was much more paler then the rest of her body. It scared me to watch the color fade from her.

She nodded slowly, but her eyes were stuck on Donte. Almost as if she couldn't rip them away. "...y-yes..."

Still holding on to Darina's cold hands, I turned over to Prince Donte, "May I ask you, my majesty... what is it you want from her?"

"Darina! Why are you being so modest?!" He had this weird cocky smirk on his face. Almost as if he was teasing me, or Darina. His golden eyes was now on me. "That, is none of your business. I have no interest in telling you what I have between Darina and I. I must take her with me now."

I inhaled, '...s***... Prince Donte is the man who wants to take her away...' I looked at Darina, then to Lord Donte. What was I to do? Listen to the member of the Royal Families youngest, but most powerful son? Or protect a woman that bonds me with simply an Oath...?

Chapter 16 ~ Donte Knight

'I haven't seen her in the longest of while, I plan a way to keep Katona away from her so that she wouldn't be harmed; and she repays me by buddying up with a simpleton?!' I glared at the man about my age whom was nothing more then a stupid villager. 'Why is it she's so comfortable around him, then around me?! Why does she prefer him then me? I am more powerful then him, I am richer then him. I'm wiser! So why him?!'

I couldn't help but stare at him with hatred. I wanted Darina. So I was supposed to get her. Not some... some idiot who lived in a village, I was to run soon. This is insulting!

"I am her Guardian Angel. I must know why you want her. I am to protect her with my life." The boy stood tall in front of Darina, but I picked up how truly scared he was of me. He cannot kill his Prince. As I glanced over at Darina, I instantly wish I hadn't.

There was so much fear in her eyes that it broke my heart. Why hadn't I got the look that she gave this villager? Why can't I see the amusement, and joy that was being covered by her sarcasm? What is it that he has, but I don't?

I wanted her to blush whenever I told her she's beautiful. I wanted her to wiggle her nose or cross her arms in that cute way she did for this boy... I wanted it for myself. So why can't I have it?!

"I said it is none of your business!" I bellowed. My voice was strong enough to make the ground shake, and all the birds in the trees shook their feathers in fright, and some flew off to another plant in hopes of not being killed there.

"Don't talk to him like that!" No! Darina! Are you covering for him?! You should be with me!

"I don't think you understood me. I. Am. Her. Guardian. And I choose my charge. Not the gods nor goddesses, Now leave. I care not; Prince or King. Leave before I end you."

Darina's eyes tore away from me, and looked up at the boy with eyes I wish were directed to me. She looked at him like he was a hero. Like she was purely happy that he was here just for her. The anger seemed to bundle up all in my fist; forcing me to restrain myself from immaturely swinging my fist at him.

I sighed, let go of my fist of fury, and closed my eyes,"Darina, your friend seems to have no class. Will you be teaching him manners..." I opened my eyes, and the look of sudden fright written on Darina's face seemed to prove to me that she must had saw something in me she's never seen before. "...Or shall I?!"

"I'm sorry, but I have need to learn them. I am merely performing my duties as her angel. Now may I ask once more... leave."

Darina instantly spoke up. She shook her head so wildly that her golden locks of hair flew around aimlessly. She looked at at him, scared as hell, "No! I'll do as you say! Don't fight each other! Just please, no!" She grabbed his arm, and held on tight to it, and practically whispered in a way I couldn't hear, "...please, Night..."

Her voice was so broken-hearted; almost enough to break mine. I glared at this Night guy, and turned around. I closed my eyes, and inhaled. The moment I exhaled, a giant blaze of black fire bursts from my nose like a dragon.

Why Darina?! Why did you do this to me?! How could you?! "I... I need her... no more."

"What?! He wants to start a fight then he ends up rejecting the battle?!" Night seemed a little angry that I had done so.

"Be happy! You would've died either way! I wouldn't want that..."

My eye twitched and my rage was growing more. I can't stay here any longer. Her blood scent lingers on either way...

I spread my wings, and thrust. Leaving that Night thing with my beloved Darina. I will snatch her up from right under his nose, and leave him helpless. And Darina will see who truly is superior, and better for a girl of her style, and beauty.

I will prove myself to her! And fight anyone else that gets in my way...

... Starting with the assassination of Night...

Chapter 17 ~ Night Shade

'Is it me, or was it really weird how he presented himself? He acts all macho and tough, but then rejects a fight he started...' I was watching Darina tremble as she held fast to my arm. 'And what is it that is making her so scared of him?'

Darina glanced up at me, and slowly let go of my arm, "That's what I don't want to be left alone..."

"What's why you don't want to be left alone?" I asked her. I want to know exactly what's going on, "... Is Prince Donte a problem to you? Is he the reason why you are acting for fidgety? Or did you see something in him that scared you?"

"That's the thing... I don't know..." Darina shook her head looking like she was ashamed of herself. "But please! Let me stay with you! He found out where I live... and I kind of don't really have much clothes or warmth here, and I'm slightly frightened but Winter breeze..."

"Winter? It's June! But this sheet is explaining about the clothes thing..." I pinched her playfully, as I dropped the Midnight Purple sheet down her shoulder. I didn't really expect it to go down as far as it did. Darina's breast practically fell out...

She turned absolutely red, and turned around fixing the covers on her, "Will you take me with you? I don't want to be here alone..."

"...What about my sister?" I asked her. I wonder if she forgot all about the fight with my sister? It seems to me she was already forgetting about the fight with Prince Donte and I.

"I haven't forgotten... that's another reason I want to go with you. To apologies to your sister."

I bit my lip. I don't exactly want to tell her how hard it is to gain my sisters trust again. So I wouldn't really expect her to accept Darina's apology. But then again, Darina had some form of a good hold on her. She did a pretty damn well job slapping her in the face with some fierce word assembling... wouldn't expect that from a girl Darina's height...

"... Night?!" Darina looked up at me, with a look of concern mixed with Has-This-Boy-Gone-Mad expression on her face.

"Oh sorry... mind rambling... yea, I guess. But to stay where I live, you have to work."

"Work?" Darina tilted her head. Why did she say it like she didn't know what I was talking about.

"Work." I replied sternly.

"Don't you have someone who does that for you?" Darina made another one of her customized faces. This time her face was What-The-Hell-Is-This-Boy-Talking-About-Now? Well something like that...

"No...? Why would I have someone do work I can do myself? Don't you ever work to keep this place looking great? I mean you created such a great waterfall..." I looked around it a bit fascinated; but I made sure I wasn't gawking... 'Don't want to give her too much credit. It might give away the fact that I lik- NO! No I don't! Shut up brain shut up...'

"...Fine, I will work. Can we go now? Someone that works for Donte might come to snatch me..."

"Alright... just let me find Tensi first. She's probably off getting in trouble..."

Darina sighed, almost like she wanted to leave, and head straight to The Pier. Which is sort of weird... she's never been there but she's so anxious...

Chapter 18 ~ Darina DeLuna

I was finally out of the Waterfall. The life I aimed for, never came. But I'm in serious hopes if I stay with Night, maybe life would get better.

By the time we got there, a lot of eyes were on me. Everyone was whispering to another, and some people just sat around tables staring at me as if they've never seen someone like me before. As if something about me was different from everyone else, and it was highly rare to find someone like me. But what was it that made me differ?

Night squeezed me hand; forcing me to look up at him, "What's the matter? Why are you stiffening like that? Saw someone you're not a fan of?"

"No, no... everyone is staring at me." I answered him, and blushed at how childish I sounded.

He laughed at me, and someone about Night's age from a table got up and went to the counter and spoke to someone there. A few minutes later he pointed to me with some form of a smile on his face. As if I sparked some sort of interest to him.

The person around the counter climbed over to see who he was pointing to. The woman's face tensed up, then I noticed it was Tensi. She walked from around the counter, and took off her Apron. The man followed her as she made her way towards Night and I. Anger was written all over her face when she saw me holding Night's hand.

I quickly yanked my hand out his, blushed, and looked down. My hair covering my red, embarrassed facial expression.

"Her! Look at her?! Does she work here?" The man said eagerly; which shocked me. Who would be eager to see me?

"No she doesn't work here. She's a friend of my brother, whom works here with me. Maybe you can ask him or her personally." Tensi said through a fake smile and clenched teeth.

"Ask me what?" Night asked as confused as I am.

"I am a famous painter. Logan Le' Meline. I came here in hopes on something to eat since I was told about this place so many times before. But I never expected to find inspiration for my next painting, and line of Photography. I must use this young woman as my muse!" He said, holding out his hand to me.

I was hesitant to take his hand. I wasn't sure if he was with Donte in any plan of any sort. But Night nudged me, and I automatically took his hand, and he shook mine like something fierce.

"I must ask you a question my dear... do you have any talent that could help me in any way to make a perfect painting?" Logan asked me with such content. He was defiantly ready to get to work this very second.

"I-I..." I looked up at Night for help, but he simply nodded at me with encouragement, "I can sing... a little."

"Sing?! She can sing!" He yelled over his shoulder, and a bunch of men at his table stood up and raised a glass of wine yelling out, "Aye!"

Tensi hands was in a fist, she seemed like she would explode with anger. As if I was in her way of something she always wanted. She took Night's hand and pulled him away from me. Sending him to the back of the counter. I could see them just a smudge. Tensi was yelling something at him, and Night simply took it.

"My dear I must hear you sing! Waitress! Excuse me!" Tensi looked over at him, and put on back that fake smile she put on for each customer.

"Yes sir?" Her voice sounded more preppy then she actually meant it.

"Please clear the stage for the young lady. I am going to video tape the woman sing. I must let my mentor know of my discovery."

Tensi's eyes shifted from the stage where her performers were doing their gig, at the painter, and then at me. Her eyes were the coldest on me, "Yes sir."

"Thank you very much."

Tensi turned around and waved to another woman over the counter. With her finger, she made a slight 'Off with your head' sign to her, and she quickly signaled the band up on the stage to wrap it up. And they did a beautiful job at it, too.

"Thank you! Now we have someone for you that we just discovered; And what a beauty she is. A sight to see I bring to you..." He paused and looked around lost. Clearly not aware of my name

"Your name, love." Logan asked me

"Darina." I answered nervously. Did I want to go upstage? Was I ready to sing in front of so many people? My singing does this weird hypnotic thingies and I don't want to cause any trouble...

"Darina!" Logan yelled.

"Darina!" Repeated the band up on the stage in sync.

The lead singer of the band offered me a hand up, and I was afraid to take it.

What if I don't sound good to them? Then I would embarrass myself, and I'll be made a fool of. What if I get stage fright? Or miss a word? Or worse... forget the whole lyrics of the song. Not even remembering the title of it! I'll die on stage! I'll be forced to walk down the isle of shame. Tensi will constantly taunt me. Get back at me for having some form of a weird bond with her brother. And for making her look smaller then me when I sized her up just the other day back when I first met her when she beat the crap out of Night.

It would be worse then me falling from Mt. Olympus, and past the heavens and down to Earth where I was left to suffer. Worse then Donte's trick on me when he drank my blood and put me under a weird type of curse. Even worse then when I lost my wings and might never get them back. Never feel the air across my face; hear the ruffling of my glossy black feathers. All that gone...

"She's nervous," The lead singer yelled, frightening me out of my thoughts, "Let's cheer her on!"

"Darina, Darina, Darina!" The people in the store called out my name. I even saw Night over at the bar calling out my name. He smiled at me and winked. Waving me to go up on the stage.

Only his encouragement do I need. I took the singer's hand, and he pulled me up the stage. He offered me the microphone but I just stood there.

My eyes scanned the many individual faces out there watching me, waiting for me to open my mouth and sing for them a song from my soul. Each of them wanting me to show off my talent to them. Then I knew...

This might be the only chance of pure happiness that I might ever get. Maybe I should sing for them. Maybe everything will be okay. I'll get the loudest, happiest round of applause anyone had ever heard. Roses thrown at me, and people of all sorts yelling out, "Encore! Encore! Bravo!"

My lips slowly, gradually parted...

And out came the song...

Chapter 19

"Does it ever feel like

No one is with you

No One sees it your way

Everyone against you."

The crowd was watching me with intense eyes, like they can't wait for the Chorus. Like they were waiting for something magical to happen. Some people were nodding to the lyrics. As if they know the message I'm giving through the song.

"But it's your life

Gotta keep the faith

Hold your vision

You will find your way, yeah~"

Some were shaking their heads. It almost felt as if I was in church the way people were reacting to the story taking place in the song. That the lyrics was talking to them personally.

"I may not fit the mold

May not do what I'm told

I will not be swayed

By the things they might say

They may have had their doubts

No matter what I've found

I have held my ground

Look at me, I'm still around."

Some people were tapping their feet, and others were snapping their fingers or nodding their heads to the gradual beat that was rising.

"So dream on, dream on!

Don't let them steer you wrong

When life comes knocking

I gotta keep on rocking

Open that door and

Shout to the world, sing

Hello, Hello!" I was smiling now. Everyone was into the beat. Everyone loved the song, and the music, and the band... they loved me! , "Ha! Here I am, Here I go!"

The crowd was jumping, smiling, dancing! They loved it! They were so happy! Smiling, and joy, radiating from the audience! All of them!

"Yeah, Yeah

'Cause I got love to give

I got dreams to live

So Hello, Hello

Hello, Hello Oh Ooh Yeah!"

The crowd was yelling, "Hello! Hello!" all at once. Some were dancing with another, spinning, and laughing. Nobody was sitting down, everyone was way too happy to sit down. Energy was flowing through The Pier, Night was over by the bar giving people drinks. More people then before. Tensi had a true smile on her face. As if business was going better then anything before.

New custumors was arriving, hearing my singing. All wanting to be apart of our little feasting.

"And if you don't fit in

Just know your differences

Are beautiful to see

Well, Beautiful to me

There's no one quite like you

Be proud in all you do

You know you'll find your way

Be Who you are, Don't be ashamed." I was spinning around on the stage, clapping my hands, singing with the band behind me. I was happier then I've ever been in years! I was practically glowing with happiness! My feet couldn't stand still. I jumped off the stage and sang with a random stranger with the brightest smile that reached ear to ear.

"Shine, Baby, shine yeah!

'Cause it's all in your mind

The Life you crave

The love you make, said

It's all up to you and

You just got to say

Hello, Hello!" I was actually smiling! A pure genuine smile!, "Here I am, and Here I go! Yeah, Yeah

I got love to give,

And I got dreams to live

So Hello, Hello! Ha!

Hello, Hello..."

I jumped back on the stage, put the mic back on it's holder, and clapped my hands above my head. Everyone was copying me

"So don't you ever let it pass you by!

It's your life

Yeah, Yeah, Yeah

You know you gotta dream, You know you gotta try

It's your time to shine, Oh Yeah

Said, shout it to the world, singing;

Hello! Hello! Woo!

Here I am Here I go!

Yeah, Yeah

I got love to give

And I got dreams to live

So Hello! Hello!

Yeah, Yeah, Yeah

Hello! Hello!

Ooh Yeah!

Hello, Hello, Oh Ooh, Yeah!

Hello, Hello!

Hello, Hello, Yeah!

Hello, Hello, I said, Yeah, Yeah!

I said it go on and on, Yeah, yeah!

Hello, Hello, Hello Hello, Ooh Yeah

Ooh Yeah!" I was clapping, and everyone was singing with me. I was laughing and smiling. Clapping and the crowd was cheering!

"Goodbye!" I couldn't help but giggle at the people that said good bye back, "See You later!" I kissed the Drummer on the cheek, and he smiled back at me with a wink, "Ciao, Mwuah!" I blew them a kiss, and everyone clapped, and whistled at me. Some people were jumping and yelling for me to sing again.

I was giggling, and Night wrapped his hands around my waist, lifted me off the stage, and spun me around in the air before I was put back on the ground. Everyone crowded around me, telling me how beautiful I am, and how much of a great singer I was.

Then the painter came towards me and said, "You are indeed... my muse."

Night stood in front of me, "Not anymore! She's here to stay everyone!" He yelled and everyone cheered.

And that was the beginning of my new life...

No more Donte, or Katona. No more worrying, or crying. Just me, Night, and the crowd of Happy people.