James Ronaldia | Teen Ink

James Ronaldia

By Slaratta SILVER, Littleton, Colorado
Slaratta SILVER, Littleton, Colorado

"You're only as tall as your heart will let you be and you're only as small as the world will make you seem."

-Christopher Drew

Author's note: The series of novels of "Harry Potter" Written by J.K Rowling, Inspired me to write this, it's very similar to the plot of Harry Potter. I hope when people read this, they escape into another world, and that's what i think a story should do.

Have you ever wondered if you were destined for something in your life? You wake up and ponder the thought that today you’ll find out who you’re really meant to be, what your purpose in life is. I ran the same thoughts over and over again in my head; I never thought though, that today I’d receive an answer.
-
“Peter wake up! If you’re not down here in 5 minutes your breakfast is going in the trash! Now Peter!”
Peter woke up in a startle. He rushed to go get his robe on and throw on his glasses. It was like this every morning. Never had he been able to sleep past 5:00 a.m. His mom, Helga, quite a revolting name it was, despised him with a horrendous hate. She never understood the fact that Peter didn’t want to get up this early. And if she wasn’t up, his dad Harold awoke him with dumping a pot of water on his face- even more excruciating. Peter’s parents and his brother Tolmee (another awful name) had wanted absolutely nothing to do with him what so ever. At dinner time he was lucky enough to get a bowl of cereal with milk in it. Let alone get a bowl of soup heated up, usually it was served cold or frozen. He had never understood why they loathed him so much. All he knew was that he wished, and so did they, that he was never born. Tolmee on the other hand though, was praised with whatever he did. If he went and flunked a test on purpose, clogged the toilet with all of mom’s jewelry, or at times steal dad’s credit card, never had he been punished as horribly as Peter was when he would leave the sink on too long. He always got what he wanted, literally everything he pleaded and pleaded for, he’s always received it within a span of 1 to 3 hours. “It’s not fair” Peter always thought to himself. “Why am I treated so differently?”

Peter cautiously walked down the stairs (If he made to much noise he’d say goodbye to breakfast, lunch and dinner.) One step at a time, tip toes and breath held. He reached the bottom and of course, the last step had squeaked, Mom was furious.

-“HAVEN’T I TOLD YOU BEFORE TO NOT MAKE ANY NOISE? DO YOU HEAR ME? NOW GET UPSTAIRS! YOU DESERVE NOTHING!”
- “But… but...it only squeaked...”
- “If you think you can talk back to me boy you better say so long to your bed mister!”
Peter could feel the tears building up behind his eyes. Tolmee sniggered in the kitchen as he happily ate his warm delightful pancakes and bacon; he slowly conceived it while glancing back at Peter, obviously trying to make him jealous.
Peter wanted so bad to just scream at her, poke her fat belly and call her a pig while at it. He wished he could dispose of her, but knowing what a squeak on a stair can lead to, he doesn’t want to imagine what screaming at her would do to him.
-
“Get upstairs immediately you filthy worthless freak.”
Peter fought back the tears and retreated upstairs. As soon as he closed the door his mom locked it shut, and for some reason always stuffed a towel underneath the crack of the door.
“Why does my life suck so much” Thought Peter. How come every time he did the slightest thing wrong, or the slightest thing they thought was wrong, did he get punished so badly? Peter began to grow angry; he kicked over a pile of dusty old books and punched the wall as hard as he could, leaving his hand very numb.
“Please… god… please take me away from here!” cried Peter.
Before Peter had time to punch his pillow though, someone stood there looking intently at Peter.

“Who… who are you..?” Peter said fiercely.
“Who am I..? Spoke the stranger softly.
“Ye... yes… why are you here..?” Peter stuttered
“Well young man... I must not reveal my true identity... but if you must know... I Peter am your father.”
Peter felt like his stomach had just done about 1,000 flips. Was this man really his father? No, he couldn’t be. It must be one of Tolmee’s pointless jokes.
“You’re not my father… You’re just another one of Tolmee’s worthless pranks.”
“Is that what you think?” The man smirked; he chuckled as if he was pleased about something.
“Really now, why would I be working for a 13 year old boy who doesn’t even know how to spell his own name; Please, I’m much more superior than that.” The man had a serious look to his face, it almost looked as if the happiness was sucked out of him- c’mon, if he really was his father you’d have at least thought he’d be a little more enthusiastic.
“Enthusiastic huh? Don’t worry son, I’m more than pleased to have finally found you.”
How did he know I just thought that?
“Well I’m afraid that is a question I cannot answer, you see Peter, Your far greater than any of these humans, you’re not like them.”
“And what do you mean by that?” Peter grew closer, what this crazy man was talking about.
“Peter, you once belonged to a great world, a world much different from this, and a school far more superior than these ordinary public schools; in our world we call these humans “phsycros”. Once long ago Peter, the world was filled with our kind, we ruled the world, we owned every inch of it. We kept the earth pure, just as we had found it. Then, a Phsycros was born… we hadn’t known though, but then, more and more groups had gathered after the birth of this Phsycros, odd groups. They began building and inventing things, and eventually over ruled every single one of use, then we were forced away from our land. The greatest of us, James Ronaldia, created a new world for us to live peacefully, a place where only the eyes of our kind could see. Peter, after James had died, a baby was born. James saw it coming… he felt your presence years and years before even I was alive, he knew the time would come, the time when you would be born, he felt such a powerful strength of you he began to grow weak, and he began to die. The whole world of ours panicked, our leader, our savior, was dying, all because of you. After James had died, we took action. The year and date James had predicted was true, a baby was born, you. Our kind decided on giving you to the phsycros world, your powers would not be worth anything there. We gave you to the wickers, your blood was slightly the same as theirs, so we took you to their home, and thankfully took you in and raised you. Then the day that you pleaded to god to be taken away, I was ordered to come here, and try to convince you to stay…”
Peter couldn’t believe what what he has just heard. He felt like the world was piling on him, as if a heavy weight was placed on both of his shoulders.
“Convince me to stay… you can’t leave me here! I don’t belong here! I’m I’m… I’m one of you! You’re my father! Leaving me here would be a crime, I I… I can’t… stay...” Peter’s eyes filled up with tears, his fists tightened with rage, I can’t stay here….
The man looked at him keenly; he had no expression to his face.
“Peter, you must. If our ruler foresaw what you may bring, and how it killed him, letting you back may be a danger. We cannot let that happen… Please forgive me Peter.”
“Well good luck convincing me to stay! I hate it here, they treat me like rubbish… why leave me here... please sir… err father... please don’t leave me here…”
The man closed in on Peter, looking him straight in the eyes he spoke softly.
“Peter… son. Close your eyes and count to three, when you get to three, whisper “Olepsia”. Do you understand?”
“Yes Sir.”
Peter closed his eyes gracefully, and slowly counted… 1….2…..3….olepsia...
The moment Peter spoke that word, he felt as if he was just dropped thousands of feet. Peter couldn’t breathe or scream, nor could he open his eyes, he just fell, faster and faster, he eventually landed.

The area was dull and gray. It looked like a shed. There were odd things surrounding him; books about “so you can read minds” and “How to switch brains; level 10” And a few books about “Choosing your psychic path.”
“Psychic path?” Peter looked thoughtfully at the title.
He skimmed through the pages, he saw a bunch of pictures of James Ronaldia, he assumed James wrote the book himself.
There was an interesting chapter that especially caught Peter’s mind.
“Long ago, there was said to be an orb. This Orb was called “Ronaliaretep.” Was the most powerful article on earth. This orb was believed to have such a powerful potency, it solitarily created life. The matter that was produced from this orb was said to be a very, strong and powerful species - This species were known as “physics”. Physics have roamed the earth for millions of years. James Ronaldia, the greatest physic of all time, created a world for all physics to live in peace, without the disturbance of Physcros, the non physic kind. After 400 years after creating this world, James Ronaldia passed away. Rumor had it Sniveler Armos murdered him by poisoning his food. Sniveler, is the darkest Physic to live. He was known by the symbol of a black widow ( a physcro term). People feared his name. After the death Of James, Sniveler shape-shifted. No longer did he look like himself. After years of searching for Sniveler, still failure to find him, the searching had stopped. Till this day we do not know where he is about. For all we know he could still be here in Olepsia….”
The article ended there.
Peter closed the book immediately, was he really a physic? What did the man mean by how he killed James?
Peter shook the thought off of him and began to search the rest of the room. The shed was mainly filled with dusty books and what it looked like thousands of capes.
He became very intrigued with the capes, he had never seen anything so golden and shiny.
“WHO DARE ENTERS THIS PROPERTY!”
A raspy startling voice came from the other side of the room. Peter panicked and dived into a box of capes.
“I know your there!” Roared the voice
“I can feel your presence… yes… your terrified… very very terrified.. No point in hiding.. I can find you in a heartbeat..”
Sure enough, Peter was then dumped out from the box of capes, before him stood a very frail looking man. This man was wearing one of the cape’s among the wall; he had a very long silver beard running down past his feet, he had a very long aged cane resting by his side- on his shirt he had a badge that read “Head master”
“Now who might you be young man.” Spoke the man tenderly
“I…I.. I’m err…”
Peter didn’t know whether to say his name or not, he didn’t want to cause a riot of some sort.
“Spit it out boy” The man gave him the same look that the man in his bedroom gave him
“My name… I… I can’t remember…” Peter lied.
The old man carefully inspected him. What if he was reading his mind right this moment? Would he have to go back to that dreadful place..
“Well then young man, come with me then.” The man gracefully tapped Peter on the shoulder, and before he could count to 1, they were in a completely new room. This room looked more like an office. There were all sorts of little knick knacks upon shelves, even more books piled neatly along an elongated wall, and a hefty mahogany desk placed at the end of the room.
“Sit, please.” The old man pointed towards a large velvet green chair.
“Allow me to introduce myself. My name is Mordachai Grumped, and I am headmaster, founder, and owner of Huffington’s, the school for physics. I am James Ronaldia’s Father, I changed my last name after he passed away, I despised being mistaken for him.”
Peter’s eyes widened, he was speaking to James Ronaldia’s dad, the second greatest psychic to live.
“You… your James Ronaldia’s father…?
“Yes sir. Now please, explain to me just what you were doing down in the basement?”
That was the basement?
“Uhmmm.. Err I was um just.. Trying to find a book. Thought it might be down there..”
“Did you check the Library?” Grumped keenly spoke.
“Oh.. Yeah… of coarse… ha why would I have not checked there?”
“Funny, the library is closed for maintenance.”
Peter bit his lip, what was he going to say?
“Yeah.. I know.. I just um, I just…”
Grumped glared Peter down.
“Well whatever your reason being I just hope you weren’t up to no good. You should really get to class.”
Peter bit his lip even harder now, how could he tell him he didn’t even go to school here?
“ Well… you see..
“Oh yes of course, almost forgot. Here’s your schedule.” Grumped kindly snapped his fingers and within less than a second, a sheet of paper appeared. He kindheartedly handed over the piece of paper, a warm smile across his face.
“You can figure the rest out.” Grumped tenderly said.
Peter wish he could have jumped for joy, he fought back a huge grin and the urge to embrace Grumped but instead coolly took the paper and smiled
“Thank you Sir.”
“Don’t thank me Peter. Just be glad I haven’t sent you home yet.” Grumped slightly chuckled.
“You know my name…”
“Oh young man.. I know more than just your name..”
Peter gave grumped a confused look, he received the look of impatience among Grumped’s face, and without hesitation, was headed out the door.
He has come. The boy, he has finally arrived. Grumped smoothed his pants out and lifted himself up, he slowly walked over to his desk, he removed a dusty flimsy photo. He looked at it closely, inspecting every inch of it.
“could it really be…”
He was back. Grumped knew, that finally the greatest Physic of all time, had finally returned…

Peter looked over his schedule. Some of the classes he had had rather interesting names
1.
Inooglian
2.
Study of magical powers
3.
Dark powers
4.
Physic level 10, orgaggly
5.
Off
He was surprised that he only had 4 classes. At his old school back in the phsycro world, he had 8.
The school was a very mammoth place. Windows towered several feet about Peter, the floor looked as if it was made of marble, and the doors were very hefty and large, making it difficult going from one hall to the other.
Peter searched within the first hall to get to his first period.
“Excuse me young man, do you have a hall pass or are you on your off hour?”
A gracious voice came from behind him. He turned around and their stood a girl. She looked about his age, she had very tan skin and beautiful brown hair that ended below her shoulders. Peter gazed at her for a little, he had never seen anyone more striking than her.
“Oh um, yes, I was just trying to find Professor bellwinkle’s class, err room 180?”
Peter could feel his cheeks flushing
“Oh certainly! Its right down there, just take a left and it’s to your right at the end of the hall.” Said the girl elegantly.
“Oh,, th..thanks!”
“By the way, my name’s Melody. I’m in my second year here.”
“I’m Peter… it’s err my first year here..” He was sort of embarrassed.
“Well if you ever need any help with homework or anything don’t be afraid to ask anything.” She shot a warm smile towards him and headed off in the other direction. Peter’s mouth hurt from over smiling. He just made his first crush.
Peter walked to where the girl told him too, and sure enough there it was. He cautiously walked into the room. The teacher was lecturing the classroom about one of her visions that she had the other day, something about someone very important returning..
Peter walked in and as he tried to quietly sneak himself in, the door made a very loud slam.
The whole classes’ eyes were now on Peter, and the teacher turned around abruptly.

“Now what do you think you’re doing here?” questioned Professor Bellwinkle.
“I um am here for class…”
“Class started 30 minutes ago… wait just one second.”
Professor Bellwinkle hurried towards Peter. She had a very stern look upon her face. Her glasses hung very low on her nose, and her shocking green eyes stared deep into Peter.
“You… your… you’ve came back….”
Peter had no idea what she was talking about; he had never met her in his life. And nor has he ever been here before either.
“Wha.. what are you talking about?”
“Oh yes… of coarse.. you don’t remember…”
Remember wha..?”
Peter was cut off immediately, a boy from the class spoke up
“Wait.. is this.. is this James Ronaldia? The boy you were talking about in your vision!”
The whole class gasped. Peter, himself was shocked to hear such nonsense. He wasn’t James, Technically he killed him.
“Class class settle down now!”
Professor Bellwinkle still did not take her eyes off Peter.
The boy who had stood up was still standing up. He had very blonde hair and looked a little small for his age. He face was covered in freckles, and his eyes were very blue. He also had an English accent, Just like several of the other students.
“Bu Professor Bellwinkle! He looks jus’ like him!”
The boys eyes widened, his mouth hung open, along with the other classmates.
“Indeed he does… Peter, get me grumped won’t you.”
The boys name was Peter?
“Yes ma’am.”
Peter, the other boy peter, quickly dashed out the door.
“This is remarkable… can it be?”
“Look ma’am. I honestly don’t know what you’re talking about… a man was in my room this morning, told me he was my father, then told me to count to three and bam, I ended up here..”
Peter told The class all about Grumped finding him and giving him a schedule, then ending up here and being completely baffled.
“I see… Grumped couldn’t have been to your home in the phsycro world… for he is much afraid of them..”
“Grumped?” Questioned Peter
“Ma’am, Grumped isn’t the one who came to my room, it was someone else.”
Right before Professor BellWinkle spoke, Peter and Grumped hurried in, Grumped looked very overwhelmed.
“Grumped! Thank heavens you’ve arrived! This this boy…”
“Yes, yes professor I know who he is…”
Grumped sighed heavily, he told the whole class to leave except for him, and Peter, the other one.
“Can someone please explain to me what is going on? Why that professor was saying I’m… James Ronaldia..?”
“Peter… You… you are James Ronaldia…”
“Me! No sir, tha’ boy roight there is’!”
Exclaimed the other Peter.
“Not you boy, this one right here.”
Grumped nodded his head towards him, Peter couldn’t believe what was happening right now. Just within the last few hours, he’s found out so much, it feels like his brain is going to explode.
“Me.. no I can’t be.. And.. why is this boy here? What does he have to do with me!”
Peter struck a look towards the boy.
“That my boy, is Peter Wicker. You on the other hand, you are James Ronaldia. Several years back, you indeed did have a vision.. but what you did not know was that you were seeing yourself… All though you are the very famous James Ronaldia, there were some things you did not know.. like how even the greatest physics die then become a new, rejuvenated person. Same soul and mind, different body- You thought you were having visions of a greater physic than you, but after one dies, their new body becomes much more powerful, and what you saw, was someone much greater than you were… This Boy Peter here, is your son. He was born right after you died…”
“Thas’ my father! You mean James Ronaldia… is my father?”
“I’m… I’m his dad?”
“James, there is something else…. I’m your father. Just like I had mentioned before. The man who came to your house and told you he was your father was none other than the evil physic.. Sniveler Armos… Your glad you got out of there alive James, he’s out to kill you. He probably dragged you here to succeed in his plan… could be here any moment now…”
Suddenly. There was a bang on the door, loud repetitive bangs too. A girl on the other side was screaming.
“Help… help me!” yelped the girl.
Grumped without hesitating swung his hand and the door automatically opened; the girl from the hall dashed in.
Tears draped down her face, her eyes were very puffy and red.
“Oh sir! Something terrible has happened!”
“Melody speak to me, what has happened out there!”
Melody broke into a loud session of sobs, Grumped tried to coax her, she didn’t stop though…
Unexpectedly, the lights dimmed… the door slammed and locked in a split second, and Melody, stopped weeping… something wasn’t right though… Melody removed her hands from her face, she had a dull look upon her face, her eyes glared at James, before James could blink, she wasn’t a girl anymore… she was now the man who had been in his room earlier.

“Sniveler…” Whispered Grumped.
Sniveler chuckled delightfully
“ So we meet again, I see you’ve reunited with James again.”
James gave Sniveler a defiant stare.
“Leave him alone Sniveler!”
“Oh but, why must I leave him alone, when killing him would be so much more fun…”
Sniveler smirked at his joke
That very instant, James was thrown against the wall, he hit the wall so hard, he felt like he was knocked out cold.
“hmhmhmhmm” chortled Sniveler
“Get out of here Sniveler! You know the boy can overpower you!” Said Grumped in a low voice
Overpower him… I don’t know anything..
“C’mon James! Find it in you! Just believe in yourself!” exclaimed Grumped.
James felt very dizzy. He raised himself from the pile of books he landed on and walked towards Sniveler, he looked very pleased with himself…
“Grumped, you honestly think a puny little twerp can kill me? Please..”
Sniveler stood back and created an orb like object in his hands, he shot at James, and somehow, he had dodged it, like he had spider reflexes..
“Darn..”
Sniveler began on another one, James dodged it yet again…
He began to flashback, memories came back to him… erigos… powerful… defeats foe… one hit… their out… only the most powerful physics perform this…”
At the top of his lungs, James yelled
“ERIGOS”
The room lit up instantaneously. Everything was hushed. Sniveler didn’t move; his hands were pinned to his sides he looked soulless.. his face was ghost white, it looked like, as if the life was being sucked out of him…
Slowly; Sniveler shrieked. “It’s not over yet James…!” Then vanished, dust was all he was now.
James felt even lighter headed than before, his vision became blurry, and then everything went black…

“James… James… wake up James…”
James eyes slowly opened, above him he could vaguely see Grumped standing above him, along with Peter.
“Where… where am I?” James questioned
“You’re in the hospital mate, had quite a heavy knock out there.” Grumped explained
“Is… Is Sniveler.. dead?”
“We never really know… he could be alive still… or maybe you finally defeated him…”
“You mean… He may still be out there…?
“It’s happened before… but never had you used that power… every time you tried, it never worked… Maybe that finally put him off” Grupmed gave a slight smile.
“Dad! That was.. .that was a tremendous battle! I was on the tip of my toes!”
Peter Resembled himself a lot, it was like looking in a mirror.

17 years later…
Huffington’s was finally at peace. James grew up and finished school there, while raising his son, Peter. He got married to the girl of his dreams, had 3 more children, and became the new headmaster of Huffington’s. He was the most powerful psychic of all time, and will always remain in that position. 17 years have passed and Sniveler hadn’t returned. James was a hero, he saved Olepsia.