The Darkest time | Teen Ink

The Darkest time

January 13, 2012
By Ianluv104 BRONZE, Pitt Meadows, District of Columbia
More by this author
Ianluv104 BRONZE, Pitt Meadows, District Of Columbia
1 article 0 photos 0 comments

Favorite Quote:
not all that gitters is gold
-william shakespear


The author's comments:
this is the whole book

It was a Friday night and Jazz Holland was getting ready to go out and meet her two friends; Mike and Kaitlin Fran siblings who are nothing alike. Mike had glossy black hair, cut into a scene style, muscles that most guys would die for, and captain of the high school football team, the smith high slithers. He was also dating me, Jazz. Kaitlin was tall slim, had curves to die for, and fiery red hair. When she walked, guys stared. A lot. And mostly at her chest. She was dating the rebel josh, which had the same hair as Mike, but with blood red streaks in it, and at the bottom tips of his hair it would look from a distance that his hair was on fire. Josh swears his hair color is natural, and for some reason, I believed him. There is just something about josh that draws me in. it might be his pale perfect skin, or maybe his perfect gleaming smile. I am not sure. But if I believed in soul mates, josh would be mine. But I am in love with Mike, he is my everything, he is the sweetest thing I’ve ever known. He is my world. I would never break up with mike for anyone. I think. I gather my purse and pack the essentials, pepper spray, make up , a book, cell phone, a Swiss army knife, and my ever so trusty leather wallet, which had over a thousand dollars in it, since my family was ritch.my parents had gone on a five year trip around the world, calling me each time there in a new place. Walking out the door I lock the door hoping that Vince, my lovable Burmese dog won’t get lonely while I’m out. Getting into my Porsche I start the engine and drive down to Kate and Mike’s house, admiring the scenery on the way there. Like most people in the town of Harper Falls, Kate and Mike were rich. Winding up the long driveway, I see that Kate’s door is slightly open, and that there is a car I’ve never seen before in the driveway. Getting out of the car, I hear yelling in the house. It sounds like Josh. Running into the house I could see Josh yelling at a boy I’ve never seen before. This boy was tall, dark and handsome. The words dark angel came to mind. This boy had black hair, pale skin and piercing ice blue eyes. He turned and looked at me and I could see a moment of shock as he stared at, no, into me. That’s what it felt like. Like he was looking into my soul, and found something he liked. He started walking up to me and took my hand and, he brought it up to his lips, and, kissed it! “I don’t believe you’ve mentioned this lovely flame before Josh.” He said. “As my brother, you should have. I should have known you were keeping something from me when I called the other day, but I seemed to have the mistake of trusting you. Once again. A mistake I will never make again. And your name is, my love?” he spoke as in another era, as if he was, flirting with me. But he is, a little voice in my mind whispered, and you belong with him. He was waiting for my answer, and I could tell he would wait forever for it if I didn’t. “My name is Jazz Holland. And you are?” I asked, shocked how flirty my voice sounded. “My name is Ian. Ian seltzer. I’m honored to meet such a beauty as yourself.” He said it just as flirty as my voice was. “That’s enough jazz, I don’t want you flirting with this guy.” Yelled Mike. He was scared. I could tell. He was scared of losing me. I’m not one to brag, but with my long, shiny blonde hair, slim body, and porcelain skin, and dark blue eyes, I was a catch, and have always wondered what it was like to be away from Mike, to date other boys. Don’t get me wrong, I like Mike, but sometimes he can get very jealous. It does get very annoying. Lately it seemed that Mike was getting crueller. Maybe, a voice in my head whispered, its time to let him go. This Ian seems the perfect boy for you; he understands your flame that burns inside if you, the part of you that’s strong, and not weak and feminine. I agree with that. I thought.
“Fine Mike, Were over! Go be like that with another girl!” I yelled. Mikes face showed many emotions at once, shock, and hurt, pain, then nothing. His face hardened with a calm mask. Barley hiding his pain, he stalked out the door, slamming it on his way out. A shocked silence fallowed for about a minute after he left. Then Ian spoke up with a voice as smooth and dark as velvet. “Well, Jazz my love, do you need a walk balk to your car, it seems your night has been ruined, by me it seems, I’d like to formally apologize. Alone.”
“I’d love a walk to my car thank you.” I said putting a flirt into my voice as I talked. We walked out the door and walked to my car. We stopped two feet away and stood so close to each other that if I leaned forward an inch our lips would touch. “I know why you did that.” He said softly. “You’re in love with me… and me with you…” he leaned in for a kiss and at first I resisted, shocked at how fast this was going, but after a few seconds I melted into the kiss. There was something like sparks flying; rockets’ red glare, and our minds were melting together. See you do love me. That feeling you’re having, it’s what happens when a supernatural and a human are meant to be together. You can be my princess of the night. You can be stronger you know. Ill shows you how… he thought. “What-.” I started. His mouth slowly went to my neck and I felt what I could describe as a snake bite. “Oh!” I exclaimed. His teeth retracted from my neck, and putting his wrist to his mouth, he bit it and let the blood flow. He put his wrist to my mouth, at first I resisted, then, with a taste I can’t describe, I started drinking, then as soon as it had come the wrist was taken away from my mouth. With a cry of desperation, I tried to take it back. “No.” he said. “You’ve had enough there’s only one more thing….” He spoke softly, as if he would regret what he was about to do he yelled for josh, and, when josh came outside. He cleanly snapped my neck.




Chapter 2

I was in a haze. I could hear josh calling my name, but didn’t want to wake up. It was peaceful, but if only if josh would shut up. I could sleep. Finally the memory came back to me. Ian, the snakebite, drinking his blood, then a brief moment of pain. I woke up with a start, shocking josh. Gasping I looked at Ian, but not with anger. With wonder. “Your, a vampire.” It wasn’t a question. “Yes.” “You let me drink your blood.” “Yes.” “And you snapped my neck.” “Yes, and now you’re a vampire. And you need to drink human blood. In fact, I have a blood bag right here, I was saving it for later but, you need it more than me right now. To complete your transition into a vampire. Or you will die. For good this time.”
I greedily drank the blood. Then slowly, I could see things, hear things and smell things I could never before. I stood up and went to a boulder the size of me and leaned down, and, picked it up! With now effort at all, I picked up something that big, with no effort at all! I giggled. Then, with a burst of speed leaving everything around me in a blur, I ran over to Ian and kissed him full on the mouth. I could see shock in his eyes. “Thank you, Ian, for giving me this wonderful gift. I love you.” I said softly. His eyes softened at this and he embraced me in a hug. “I love you too jazz. Forever and always.” Then I had a sudden thought.
“Wait! Do you even have a place to stay? I mean if you just got here…” My voice wavered. What are you thinking? I thought. You just met this guy. And now you’re willing to spend the rest of time with him? Is he, your soul mate? I pushed the thought away. “Well, no, I don’t have a place to stay, actually. If it’s no burden to you I could stay at your place?” Josh, who had stayed silent for almost the entire night, spoke up.
“Ian, what are you trying to do? This girl will never have kids, won’t grow a year older, and grad is only a week away. She is nineteen. You’re twenty. It won’t work.” His rant made Ian silent for a moment then he said, “She’s my soul mate, dear brother and if you have not read the un spoken rules of the vampires, you would know it’s against it to keep her human. You already knew that.” Taking a deep breath josh nodded and walked back into the house. Ian and I drove to the house in silence. When I pulled into the house Ian sniffed the air and a look I didn’t catch crossed over his face. “You know that dog will have to get used to you again. It will most likely be afraid of you. You’re a predator now, and most animals are afraid of us.” He said it with contempt in his voice. “I once had a dog. But it was so afraid of me she wouldn’t eat drink or sleep. It died within a week. Quite painfully.”
We walked into the house and Vince ran up to me and sniffed my leg. Wagging his tail his tongue rolling out of his mouth, he proceeded to jump on my and lick my face with no end. With my new found strength I picked him up and put him on his couch. “You will stay here and not bug us unless you need to go to the bathroom, eat or drink. Ok?” he barked in understanding. “How did you learn to compel so quickly? I didn’t teach you that.” He said in surprise.
“I guess it came naturally to me.” I said it with a flirt in my voice. He walked over to me and put his mouth to my ear. “See?” He whispered. “You were meant to be a vampire.” He drew his mouth down to mine. We ended up in my bed. Much later he put his arm around me and drew him to his bare chest, cradling me. Once and a while he would plant small kisses on my face murmuring words like “I love you.” And “you’re my world now jazz, I can’t live without you.” After a while he leaned over and grabbed a small bag on the side table. He reached into the bag and brought out a large black velvet jewelry box. He opened it and inside was a necklace like nothing jazz had ever seen before.
She gasped. It was a large sapphire with her initials carved into it with gold. “It will protect you from the sun. Without it you will burn in the sunlight.” At the same time a large shaft of sunlight poking out from the black curtains washed over me. I screamed in pain. And with inhuman speed I launched myself across the room and out of the sunlight. “Give me that necklace!” I snarled. With a shock I realized my tone. “Oh my gosh, I’m sorry for my tone...”
“It’s ok I would do the same thing. Here, let me put it on you…” he gently took the necklace out of the box and, lifting up my hair, clasped it together.
“There, now walk into the sun.” I giggled. “What?” he asked confused. “It’s just like your saying, ‘walk into the light, as if I’m dead or something.” I giggled again. “Well if you’re thinking logically…” he started.
“No, I don’t want to get into that subject. I am NOT dead. I’m undead. There is a difference you know.” “I know. But sooner or later you have to give it a thought.” “Later. Way later.” I said softly.
“Well, right now, you need blood. Here,” he said opening the mini fridge and pulling out two bottles of blood. “To new life and new love.” We clink our glasses together and drink it in one gulp. At least, I did. “Wow, I really didn’t think you were that hungry. You should have said something.”
“Sorry. I didn’t know I was either. I guess I’m not that attuned to my hunger yet…” I said sadly.
The phone started ringing and Ian ran to get it. He looked upset when he hung it up. “Josh wants to talk to you. Apparently, Mike wants to see you. He wants to apologize. Id says he could stick it up his-.” Some creative cursing. “And go away. And leave you alone.” He looked at me and his eyes softened.
“If you still want him though…. I could be out of your life, or, unlife, if you want…”
I was shocked. With speed that still shocked me I when up to him and kissed him roughly on the mouth.
“I will always, only want you. Nobody else, after last night, you think I wouldn’t want you? Like you said. You’re my world now. I will always, always, love you. Nobody else. Before I met you, I thought josh was my soul mate. But now I realize it was because he was related to you. I love YOU Ian, nobody else. Just you. Ok?” He stayed silent for my rant, and then he cradled my face in his hands and leaned down for a kiss. It showed pictures of his feelings for me, I could feel the love he felt for me, and that I WAS his world now. After we stared at each other for about a minute. “Now do you think I don’t love you? That I couldn’t love you?”
“I think,” I said. “That you love me more then words can say.” “We better get going, Josh can get impatient. I should know that. Iv known him four over five hundred years. Yes I’m that old. What? Your parents don’t like you dating a older man?” he laughed. “No it’s just; you’re over five hundred years older then me. It’s kind of intimidating.” I giggled.
He smiled. “What?” I asked confused. “Your laugh, it’s beautiful, like wind chimes in the breeze.”
When we get to josh’s house we walk up to the door and ring the bell. Josh comes to the door and Ian walks in. I try to fallow him and I hit what feels like an invisible wall. I snarl in frustration and I see mikes look of shock as he hears it. Then a look of knowing dawns over Josh’s face. “Oh sorry, I forgot. Jazz, please come in.” he said. The invisible wall disappears and I almost fall but with vampire speed I right myself. I see shock on Mikes face and he opens his mouth and closes it. I can see he has an idea what I am, but then a look of anger crosses over his face. And I realize I completely forgot that Mike can tell when I have slept with someone. Then I knew I was in trouble. Big time. “You slept with a guy you just met jazz?!!? And what’s with you having to be invited into a house suddenly? And your show of speed when you fell?” he took a step toward Ian.
“What the hell did you do to her Seltzer?!”
Then he raised his fist. “I wouldn’t do that.” warned Ian. His fist went strait toward Ian’s face and he punched him strait across the face. He put the force of his full body into it. It snapped his head to the side. “I said,” Iain said, snarling, “I wouldn’t do that!” Ian sucker punched him in the stomach and with Ian’s in human strength Mike flew strait across the room. He hit the wall and I could see the shock in his face. “What The hell are you?” Mike said, gasping for breath. “I’m a vampire, and so is jazz, I turned her so don’t mess with me. Because I will hurt you. And if you mess with her, I WILL kill you. You got that Fran?” Mike nodded his head. While all this was happening, I was standing there with a feral smile on my face, because I was actually enjoying watching two boys fight over me. Of course, I would always choose Ian, but it was entertaining anyways. Mike stood up and walked over to me and said: ``can I talk to you for a minute jazz?” he looked over at Ian. “Alone?” I looked at him for a second then said: “of course. Why not.” We walked over to the living room and sat down on the loveseat by the fireplace.
“Jazz, the thing is, two days ago we were tight. You wouldn’t have broken up with me for anyone. You were human. Normal. And now... You see Ian and then the only person you care about is him. I’m just worried about you. You’ve changed a lot.”
“Mike, we are over. Get it? I may be a vampire, but I still know that things have changed. I know I have been acting strange. But Ian is my soul mate. A soul mate is when you see someone, and then you realize, the thing you were searching for, the person, is right there in front of you. Staring through you, into your soul. Not just at you, inside you. Then nothing else matters, but you and this person. It’s not gravity keeping you on the ground, it’s not oxygen keeping you breathing and it’s this one person. I love Ian mike. And he WILL kill you if you hurt me. And I won’t stop him, because you were warned. And that means emotional too.”
Mike stood up and, with his face barley concealing his rage, walked over to me and grabbed me by the shoulders and said:
“Turn me jazz. I want you to turn me.”








Chapter 3
“What? No!!! Ian!!!” I watched as Ian came running into the room, seeing me with my shocked face and Mike’s hopeful one.
“Jazz! What is it did he hurt you? I will kiiiilll you Fran!” Mike jumped up and started backing up into the corner. “No man, I just want her to turn me! No harm done man!” Ian cocked his head at him. “There is no point. You’re already a supernatural being. But you didn’t know that did you? You and your sister.” He laughed. Mikes look of rage overpowered his fear and he started to bring his fist up. With my vampiric speed I ran and picked him up and dumped him on the couch.
“You will stay on this couch and listen. And you,” I said looking at Ian. “Will tell him and me, what you’re talking about.”


“I am talking about them being witches. Didn’t you ever notice that when mike got really angry, weird things happen? You didn’t notice, but when mike got mad at me for turning you, a window or two broke upstairs. And when Kate gets mad, the lights flicker? Not really noticeable to a human, but to a vampire it is. And when they are happy, and I mean really happy, the weather seems to get better, or that the birds start chirping out of no ware? And you’ve wondered why Kate has a way with animals. And why wild ones always seem not afraid of her in the least. Kate has a nature talent. Mike on the other hand, has a fire talent. It doesn’t mean that that is the only magic they can do. It just means that fire and nature for them, is easier.” Ian finishes his explanation. And with every word mike got more enraged then before.
“your crazy man, my sister and I aren’t witches, there is no such thing!” at the same time as Mikes ager started to boil windows and glass started breaking. Then, in a burst of flame all the candles in the room lit, leaving everyone face in an eerie glow, since all the lights broke. Mike started to break down, hyperventilating and gasping for breath. “I can’t be. I can’t be a witch. It’s impossible…” I felt a stab a sympathy for him. “after tonight you think that’s impossible? For crying out loud Mike! You’ve got three vampires in the same room as you, and you think that your being a witch is impossible? Have you gone nuts?” now I was mad. How could mike not believe? Since I became a vampire, I am able to see and identify human auras from supernatural auras. And Mikes was defiantly a witch aura. Mike was being escorted to the larger couch by Ian, and he was given a cup of coffee and a phone to call his sister. “Look Kate, I know you want to know what’s going on, but trust me, you need to come over to Josh’s place and let me explain what’s going on. Ok? Yea, I’ll tell them.” Mike looked at Ian and said: “she will be here in about fifteen minutes, and be gentle, ok? She will probably freak out, and she can get pretty loud. She doesn’t know a thing about this.” Just then Kate walked in the living room, with a look of boredom on her face. “Ok, can somebody please tell me why it is ultra-important I came here to talk to you guys? I could have been going to my group meeting right now. Now they are all going to be worried about me.”
Starting from the beginning, the night that I was turned, Ian explained to Kate what he, josh and I was, what her brother was, and finally that she was a witch. At the end of his explanation Kate looked at all of us with a sly smile on her face. Showing no surprise at all, Kate laughed. “You guys are funny. I already knew that I was a witch. When I was ten, I realized that I was one, then I met this girl, she took me to a group, the same group I go to three times a week that consisted of witches of all kinds. Fire, air, earth, water, nature, and neutral. I of course, am nature, as you all know now, and yes, I knew my brother was a fire talent, and a witch. But I wanted him to lead a normal life, one without magic or monsters. And yes, josh I knew you were a vampire, same with your brother. And I guess my best friend jazz is now one too. I don’t hate vampires, but it doesn’t mean I like the idea of you turning jazz Ian. But, it does not mean I hate what you turned jazz into, she seems more happy. And with that, I’m happy too.” We were all in shock. The Kate we knew, or rather, the Kate we thought we knew, was a fake. Josh was looking at Kate with shock. Then, out of his mouth came a feral growl. “He is here Ian. Get Mike upstairs NOW! He is the only one who can’t take him. Get him upstairs now!” I looked at Ian with confusion.
“Who’s here? Ian!” I ran up to him in a blur of motion and grabbed him by the shoulders. “Who’s here? Tell me now or I’ll go face whoever it is alone! Tell me now!” Ian looked at me with a sad face. “Our father. We turned him out of selfishness. And ever since then he has been hunting us. He hates us for what we made him, even though he revels in it. He has killed every person we loved or cared about in our years as vampires. And now he wants to kill all of you. I’m sorry I dragged you into this. I trust you can face him because you’re a black belt. But that’s all I know. He is the ultimate vampire. He kills because it’s fun for him, seeing the faces of the last minutes of his prey’s life, hear them beg for mercy. It’s his way of having fun. He has no idea that I turned you. It will be a shock to him. All I know right now is I love you. No matter what happens. Remember that.” Ian rushed over to Mike picked him up like a doll and rushed up stairs. With my new hearing I could hear him dumping mike in the upstairs bedroom and telling him to stay as silent as humanly possible. I heard him lock the door and with a whoosh through the air he was beside me. Josh and Kate went to stand on either side of me. Josh on my left Kate beside Ian. The door knob rattled then I heard a sigh of exasperation, and the door flew strait across the room, missing Josh by an inch. A man walked in, and I could tell right away that he was there father. He had Ian’s piercing ice blue eyes, josh’s fiery hair, and both there build he was strong and Leith muscled. And then I could tell what they meant by he was pure evil. Darkness radiated from him, his aura was pure black and crimson red, like blood. Right then, I felt as small as a bug. Then I pulled back my fear and hardened my face into a calm mask. “Well son, I thought by now you would have learned not to care about anyone. And you, Ian, to ever love someone. But, oh my! What do we have here! She is your soul mate. All the better to rip her human weakly body to shreds. And oh my, josh, you have a witch! Let’s see her try to face me.” Ian’s father took a step towards Kate and at that moment a wolf ran through the door and firmly planting itself between Ian’s father and herself. It let out a low growl, then jumped at him and took a chunk out of his arm. “Stupid girl, you know I heal quickly.” Then he ran at me. At the exact moment he was about to tear my still heart out, I leaped with vampiric speed over his head and landed on the railing of the stairs. I could see the moment of shock he had before the rage took over his face. Before I could move an inch I felt the sliding of wood through my chest. I fell from the railing seeing Ian’s look of shock then nothing.





Chapter 4

I knew no more till I woke up in my coffin. I wondered what my name was. And how I got here. I was not dead. But a small part of me knew I was a vampire. Then I panicked. I tore my way out of my coffin and through the dirt above it. Without knowing where I was going I walked. Or flitted through this strange town I didn’t remember. A name came to mind. Harper Falls. It seemed right.
I ended up on the doorstep of a large house. Without knowing what I was doing, I rang the doorbell. I heard footsteps on the other side of the door. Someone with piecing ice blue eyes and pale perfect skin opened the door. He stared at me with astonishment. “Jazz?” he whispered. “is it really you? But your dead!” Jazz? Is that my name? I thought. I walked in the door, and all the sudden I caught this man’s scent. Then, with a mind splitting headache, I remembered everything. I fell to the floor sobbing. I was in a dirt spattered black dress, and I faintly realized I was getting the floor dirty, but I didn’t care. I was numb. I felt hands picking me up and carry me upstairs, and lay me in a bed. Time passed. I did not know how much. I started hearing Ian’s voice, he was talking to Josh.
“How long has she been like this?” josh asked.
“About four hours. It doesn’t surprise me. She must be in shock. She went through a lot. My guess is Trevor missed her heart by millimetre. If he wanted to kill her, he would have. He probably put poison in the stake. Like poppy seed powder. It will immobilize and weaken a vampire for a couple days. Looks like he put a good dose of it in that stake. She was “dead” for about two weeks.”
I groaned. I was in so much pain… “Ian? I need blood…..” I rasped it out. My veins felt dry and cracked, the need for blood was to strong this time. I stumbled out of the bed and over to the mini fridge. I got a bottle of blood out of the fridge. I looked in the mirror above it I looked different.
Stronger, more determined. I realized that Ian had put me in a new outfit. A black shirt, jeans, and black leather jacket. I guess he thought I would like it. I did. It made me look strong and dangerous. I drained the bottle in about a minute,
And grabbed another one and did the same. My thirst was sated. Just then Mike and Kate ran up the stairs and into the room. When they saw me they started sobbing. “We thought you were dead...” Mike sobbed. I walked over to Mike and took his hand and lead him to the bed. “But I’m not. Mike don’t you see? He missed my heart, and for that I’m grateful, even if he did kill me, which
He didn’t, I would still be with you, in spirit and heart.” Mike stopped sobbing and looked at me with an inscrutable look. “Jazz, while you were, um, gone, Vince got out of the house, and he got hit by a car. At least, that’s the story. Trevor killed him. I’m so sorry. I know he meant a lot to you. We tried to save him, Kate and I even tried a spell, but we couldn’t save him. I’m sorry.” Mike choked on the word “spell”. “Wait,” I said. “You tried a spell? I thought you wanted to be normal?” mike looked away, his face reddening from his neck to the roots of his hair. Then Kate spoke up. “I think what mike wants to say, is that he wants learn to control his power, rather than let it burst out in anger and hurt someone. We have to go. We have a witch meeting in twenty minutes and they get worried when we are late. Goodbye Jazz. Please feel better.” Mike and Kate walked downstairs and out the door. I looked at Ian. “Is it just me, or does Kate seems to be hiding something?” Ian frowned at this and went over to the liquor cupboard and pulled out a bottle of bourbon and poured out two glasses. He poured a generous amount in both and handed one to me. Sipping a bit from his glass he said: “I think that she isn’t telling us something, what, I don’t know. Though I would really like to know what it is, I can’t force her to tell us. She is a very powerful witch, and can probably drop me on my ass and not even break a sweat. And I,” he said, adopting a devil may care attitude, “really don’t want to die anytime soon. Five hundred years isn’t enough for me just yet.” He had an amused Ian frowned at this and went over to his look on his face then he said: “unless… we can get mike to tell us, or I can compel her….” Ian saw the look on my face when he said “compel” and he shut his mouth. “Well I think I have an idea. I could compel Mike to tell me. But, I don’t want you doing it because if Kate found out you compelled her or Mike to tell you, they would drop you on your ass. If I did it, they would be mad, but they wouldn’t hurt me, I’m their
Friend.” Ian looked at me with surprise in his eyes.
He obviously did not think I could come up with such a good plan. “Look, we have to wait till tomorrow night though. Kate and mike are going to their aunt’s place, and then there going shopping. I’ll ask Mike if he can come tomorrow at six ok.” Ian and Josh nodded their heads. Just then a resounding crash from the living room downstairs grabbed our attention, followed by a voice yelling. “Ian, josh, come downstairs I have a surprise for you.” It was Kate. I looked at Ian and he nodded. We ran flitted downstairs to discover Kate standing with Trevor. I gasped. Her aura, usually a nice shade of silver, was now almost the same as Trevor’s, with slashes of sickly green.




“I knew I should have told you before Jazz, but I think you get it now. Trevor has made me a deal. I help him destroy you and your vamp toys, and he gives me what I have wanted since I found out about vampires. Eternal life. So, the easy way, or the hard way?” I looked at her and growled a pure vicious feral growl. Even Ian and Josh stepped back. Trevor had a shocked look which he quickly hid, but not before I saw it. I smiled letting my fangs show more than I thought possible. They grew to such a length they cut my bottom lip, sending tendrils of pain through my body, which I promptly ignored. Now was not the time to show little, if any, signs of weakness. Everyone in the room, even Trevor, gasped and showed signs of real fear. Kate and Trevor backed up two steppes back before they realized what they were doing. Then I said something that shocked them all.




Chapter 5



“ I never said this to any of you, because I denied myself to believe it at first, but when I met you Ian, I could not lie to myself any longer. I am a witch. That is why I was so quick to love you Ian, because I knew you were my soul mate before I even met you. You see, I have a neutral talent, which means I have control over all of the different talents that witches have. That talent, I must tell you, is very rare. I felt you coming for days, weeks even. It felt like a warm glow, like everything was coming together, and the thing I was searching for to fill my life was coming. I researched it, and then I knew. I waited for you to come, not knowing it was you, not knowing who it would be what they looked like. And another interesting thing is, when a supernatural being has a soul mate, it will always be a vampire. And when the soul mates have a mate, or a boyfriend or whatever, that mate will get meaner, and cruller, and will break away from the other, no matter how much they feel for each other. And then I saw you Ian. And all this happened. That makes me part vampire part witch. And that’s means you guys,” I looked at Trevor and Kate. “Are about to get your asses kicked to a whole new meaning of pain. And let me tell you, it won’t be pretty.” Everyone in the room was so silent, even with human hearing we could hear a pin drop a mile away. Then all hell broke loose. Kate screamed a scream of pure primal rage and yelled, “You B****!” And yelled a spell I could not hear over the racket she was making. Then I realized Ian was wrong. Kate was not a nature talent. She was neutral. And I had incurred her wrath. And I personally knew that she can get ugly when she was mad. Tables went flying and she broke a lot of things. A lamp when souring toward my head but with a casual flick of my hand it stopped in its tracks and drop to the floor. “Insendo!” I screamed. A ball of fire went flying from my outstretched hand and barrelled towards her. This was blue fire, it would hurt her, but it would not kill her. I knew what it would feel like, a cannon ball slamming straight into you. It hurts. A lot.
Kate doubled over in pain. Trevor, seeing tonight was not the night to start a fight with any of us, flitted straight out the door. And Kate, realizing the same thing, levitated a broken chair leg, pointed and sharp at the end, threw it straight at my chest before sprinting out the door after Trevor. Dodging the stake, I heard a gasp of pain from behind me. I looked behind me and saw Josh looking at us with a look of shock. The stake that was meant for me had gone straight through his chest and was embedded on the wall behind him, leaving a gruesome gaping hole in his chest. I heard him whimper once before he crumpled and fell down the stairs and landed in a heap at the bottom of the stairs. Ian stared at his brother in shock for a half a second before we both ran down the stairs to his side. Josh wasn’t moving, but I could hear labored breathing from him and with every breath I could tell it was causing him extreme pain. With a gasp Joshes eyes rolled back into his head and he stopped breathing and moving altogether. Ian had tears streaming down his face, and he started gasping. All I could do was sit there. The stake was made for me. If only I didn’t dodge it, I would be dead instead of him. I thought. Then I noticed something, the hole in his chest was on the wrong side, it didn’t go through his heart. “Ian! He isn’t dead! The stake went through the wrong side1 it didn’t pierce his heart! He is going to be fine!” I said, grabbing Ian in a bear hug. “Here, help me bring him upstairs, we’ll put him in his bed, he’ll wake up soon, and we just need to get him upstairs. Here, ill grab a washcloth, ill clean the blood of him.” Flitting to the kitchen I grabbed a cloth while Ian flitted upstairs with Joshes limp form in his arms. Wetting the cloth I flitted upstairs and into Joshes room. I started cleaning the wound, which was healed already, and cleaning the blood of his face and back. “What do we do now?” Ian asked.
“Now we wait.” I said. We waited for about two hours. And another. Then, suddenly, he moved. Thrashed was more like it. His back arched up in the air and came back down, and he thrashed around the bed. Then it stopped. He suddenly shot up, gasping. “I’m dead. After all these years, I’m actually dead,” he started crying.
“If only Ian was here, that’s all I want! Please! And Jazz!” We looked at him, confused. “Why can’t he hear us? Or see us? He must be delusional. He needs blood, quick; go get some from the fridge. Hurry!” Ian flitted downstairs and was back in seconds. I tried to feed it to him but he thrashed around yelling about “lost souls” and “the darkest time” Ian held him down while I basically shoved the blood down his throat, wincing every time some spilled out, the smell more then appealed to me, it made me crazy. But right now, I told myself, this is for Josh. Be strong for him. I kept telling myself this over and over again till the bottle was empty. Josh stopped thrashing, and he was silent. Unmoving, joshes eyes stayed closed for about a tenth of a second. Then slowly he opened them looking at his surroundings, he slowly looked at us. “I’m not dead? I’m, alive? But the stake, it went through my chest, I should be dead, gone...” Ian looked at Josh with a smirk on his face. “You’re not going to die yet brother, not if I can help it. Besides, the stake that Kate threw at you went in the wrong side; it didn’t pierce your heart. If it wasn’t for Jazz, I would have tried to bury you. But thanks to her quick thinking, she noticed that it didn’t pierce your heart.”
I looked at Josh and just strait out asked him; “what did you mean when you said; “lost souls, the darkest time?” He looked at me weirdly for a second then said; “Oh, that. When you touched me, I had this vision....











Chapter 6







“It was chaos. Our mansion was in shambles.
There was a fight going on outside. Ian Jazz and I were fighting what looked like ghosts, but they were solid, and strong. It was day, but the sun was red casting an eerie red glow over everything. Trevor was standing on top of the mansions ruins, at the highest point power coming from his hands more power than I had ever seen. Kate was beside him, crumpled on the ground like a discarded cloth. He was sucking the power out of her, and her life force. He was controlling the ghosts below, and we were being defeated. First, a stake went through my heart then Ian’s, and then they slowly advanced on you, Jazz. And they touched you and you fainted. Then next came a vision of you, ruling the world along with Trevor. And then it stopped. And I woke up with you on me. Both of you, I mean.” He said, blushing. His aura went rosy red when he mentioned me on top of him. I wondered why. He slowly stood up and went to the window. “And there was a date. Three months from now. At midnight.”
We looked at him in astonishment. At the same time both Ian and I said; “what?!” He looked at us with eyes that showed many years of knowledge and wisdom. “Yes. Three months’ from now. At midnight. No more, no less. And I saw something else Ian. Something not part of the vision, but another one. A girl, with enough power to stop it. And a name. Rebecca Hathaway. She is a witch, with immense power. But she does not know she is a witch. She lives in Vancouver, Canada. We have to find her, all our lives and the lives of others depend on it. On us.” We looked at him. And then I knew it was going to be a long three months. Ian sighed and told us to start packing. “Tents, sleeping bags, first aid kit, and a lot of blood. Looks like the hospital is going to have a late night visit. And bring all the weapons you can find. Stakes, Swiss army knives, wooden bullets, and your spell book Jazz. I know you have one. And flashlights and candles. Lots of candles. Anything you can find that will be useful.” Ian stopped talking and I told him to come with me to the hospital to get blood. We got there and half emptied their stock, and compelled everyone there to think that they delivered the blood to another hospital, but they could not remember the name. Walking back in the door of the house I see everything we need piled in the front room. “Holy crap! How are we gonna fit all that in one car?” Ian looked at me like I was crazy and led me to the garage. Never mind. There was a huge motorhome in there. We loaded everything in and hit the road. There were two rooms, each with a comfortable looking queen sized bed in it. Ian and I laid down on one and he pulled me closer and said: “I think that we are going to have a long journey ahead of us and...” just then the car swerved and turned around a corner, making us fall of the bed I stood up, so did Ian. “Trevor’s fallowing us with Kate!” josh yelled then I felt the piercing of wooden bullets shooting into my back I heard a scream of pain and realized it was mine. Josh pulled into a parking garage and they both knelt beside me trying to make me do something. Anything. But I couldn’t. And then a spasm went through my body, and I fell into blackness. Chapter 7
Ian

I watched as the love of my life laid there in her own blood and the pained look on my face barely concealed the rage I was feeling. Josh and I looked at each other he nodded to me and I knew what to do I fed her my blood, and she started breathing better than before. I took the wooden bullets out of her one by one, giving them to josh to discard, but
Jazz with the breath that she could muster said: “No, I can spell them, don’t... throw them… away”
I nodded at Josh and he put them in a spelled cloth that Jazz had made before we left. I almost cried, she made it for me. In case I got hurt, I would heal me back to full health. Wait! “Josh give me that cloth!” he looked at me strangely, but he did as I told him to. The cloth was made of the finest blue silk, the color of my own eyes. Then I did cry, right into the cloth, until a puddle of tears was In the cloth. Then I poured my tears into her throat. She sighed; a brilliant golden light enveloped her, healing her back to full health. She sat up and saw me and crawled over and cried in my lap. “Thank you Ian I was in so much pain…”
“Well its night right now, we should all get to sleep.” Cut in Josh. I searched his mind, and found jealousy? He was jealous of me? Because of Jazz?
I ignored that thought and crawled into bed with Jazz and went to bed. I slept a dreamless sleep. I woke up the next morning with Jazz’s arm around me. She was snoring peacefully in my arms. I looked at the clock beside the bed. Five o’clock in the morning. It was still dark out. I crawled out of the bed, gently moving her arm off of me and putt on my clothes. Putting on my shoes I walk out the door closing it gently as to not wake anybody. I walked down out of the parking garage and walked to a large convenience store. Walking into the store I hear a bell ring. Startled I look up to the counter and a women who is obviously a whore
Is ringing the bell by the register. “Yes?” I asked her. “Now, what is someone like you doing in a place like this? Can you answer that darlin? Can I help you in any way at all?” I could tell what she meant but I chose to ignore the second meaning of her words and instead asked her if she had smokes lighters and tubers and nicotine. Clearly disappointed, the women got up and unlocked the safe behind the counter. “Look at me.” I said my voice silky. She did. “I am going to steal all your smokes nicotine and tubes.” As a second thought, I remembered what happened in that stupid twilight book. Better be careful. “And all your condoms.” She nodded. “And all you remember is you through them away because you were drinking and you spilt your beer on all of the stuff. Ok?” she nodded her head. I took the smokes and everything and put them in a couple of bags. I had about fifty cartons of smokes, fifty lighters, twenty containers of nicotine and thirty boxes of cigarette tubes. I walked all the way back to the car and walking in the door I light a smoke and fill the air inside of it with the smell of smoke. I cough. I never smoked before, but I had to start now. So did Jazz and Josh, if we did not want to be fallowed. Jazz suddenly coughed and so did josh and the came in to the sitting area to see what it was about. The smell, I mean. (Duh) “Since when do you smoke?” the both asked at once. Jazz giggled and Josh blushed. I would have to ask him what that was about later. “Since now. I figured out how they fallowed us. Our scent. So we all have to smoke now, like it or not. And trust me. You won’t like it at all.”
“ that’s a pretty good idea!”



Similar books


JOIN THE DISCUSSION

This book has 2 comments.


BjornNorth said...
on Sep. 4 2015 at 5:32 pm
It's never easy, starting to write, or continuing to write and it takes a huge amount of courage to post something you've written and that you care about for others to read and comment on. So, congratulations for overcoming those obstacles. Now, your story. Just a few things, proof reading helps immensely. It takes care of all those pesky misspellings, incorrect word choices, and wrong usage issues. Also, consider working on your tense agreement. This can be very jarring, to have clashing, disagreeing tenses flopping around. Capitalization. The rules are pretty simple. things like the proper name of a sport's team are proper nouns and the first letter needs to be capitalized. Dialogue. Separate it out. Each new statement made by a character is it's own, unique paragraph, not buried haphazardly in a mess of description. For example… "It's hot today," Bob said. Amy tilted her head back and stared up at the sky. She shielded her eyes with her hand and squinted into the middle distance, staring at the hazy smudge of smoke and ash in the distance. "Not that bad," Amy said, "'least not yet." Bob grunted. He shouldered his pack and turned down the road. "We gotta get moving," he said. "We need water," Amy said. "No time, 'sides, everything 'round 'ere is already poisoned." See how that works? It keeps thing's cleaner and easier for the reader to follow. Also, keep in mind that the more believable the dialogue is, the more natural it sounds, the more likely your readers will engage in the story. Odd turns of phrase, overly mysterious language and behavior, these things make us suspicious in the real world. They would also likely make your characters suspicious. FInally, try to avoid cliches. Push the boundary, make things interesting and different. Dark mysterious vampire meets young beautiful girl blah blah blah is pretty much done to death at this point. If you're going to do it, do it with a twist. Making your characters perfect doesn't make them interesting or desirable, it makes them flat and boring. A neutral witch who has control over ALL powers is a Mary Sue. The reader knows nothing will happen to her, that particular character has become the author's insert. If the reader doesn't fear that something is going to happen to the characters the story won't pull readers in, it will leave them hanging and thrashing around. Characters that are the most perfect, the most beautiful, the most talented blah blah are boring and flat. People in real life are flawed, characters should also be be flawed. You need a character who is the most talented or knows the most about something? FIne, make them old, make them lonely, make them dedicated to nothing but their craft, their life spent in study. A teen who is just naturally the best most talented ever is boring and a joke. Tropes are tropes for a reason, try to avoid them. FInally, try to do some more research into things you don't know much about. Again, small details make your work more believable or not. For instance, wooden bullets won't work. The velocities and stresses subjected to an object being chemically accelerated would destroy the wooden bullet. In addition, the heat generated by the powder charge would set fire to the bullet. FInally, wooden bullets won't fire through the sides of cars. On another note, Swiss Army knives are not good weapons. Blade length is small, metal is weak. If you want to use knives, again, do some research and include various styles of actual fighting knives.

on May. 21 2013 at 8:56 pm
CGirl1118 BRONZE, Floral Park, New York
2 articles 0 photos 2 comments

Favorite Quote:
Read, read, and READ!

I loved it except you rushed things too much. Draw it out a little more. Also can't wait for more!!!!