CIA: CHILD INSANE ASYLUME | Teen Ink

CIA: CHILD INSANE ASYLUME

By Tinakoo_Tinoco, Chicago, Illinois
Tinakoo_Tinoco, Chicago, Illinois

"Its better off to get up and move on, than to sit there and watch your misery go by"

The idea of an insane asyum has always been a very creepy and unsettleing topic for me. But i've always wondered, what if there was an insane asylum built for corrupt children, and thats what CIA: CHILD INSANE ASYLUM does.

Preferences
§
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
0
-
=
Backspace

Tab
q
w
e
r
t
y
u
i
o
p
[
]

Return

capslock
a
s
d
f
g
h
j
k
l
;
'
\

shift
`
z
x
c
v
b
n
m
,
.
/
shift

English

alt
alt

Preferences

The child insane asylum was an asylum built here for the soul purpose of keeping corrupt children out of the real world. I’ve been working in the asylum for almost a year now, and I’ve gotten to know around the place. The asylum has hallways running from left to right, here and there. The cells from the inside seem old and torn up, as if they haven’t been touched for centuries. Each cell contains only one child in it. It was once told that they used to keep 3 children in one room, but soon had to change that rule due to cells left unused. Although I tend to disagree to this statement because there’s a certain cell on the bottom floor with no child locked up, but peaking inside reveals as completely destroyed room. The bed sheets would be stained in a red substance with the mattress lying flat on the floor. There was also a full stash of hair lying on the floor as well as a pile of dead skin lying beside it like a stack of hay in a barnyard. It is as if no one tends to clean any of the cells at all.
     The children here aren’t quite the ones to stay still. If you were to pass one of the rooms you would see one of two things, either a child wandering the room while banging a toy hammer on their head simultaneously, or a child rolling around in their bed sheets, as if trying to position themselves into a comfortable position. I didn’t know any of the patients here, but I tend not to, since most of the children are highly unstable. But that’s just the way they are.
     The routine for them is simple, at 5 a.m. they get up, have their morning breakfast, and back to their cells. At 11 a.m., they go outside for their daily exercise and fresh air for an hour, then it’s straight to lunch. Finally, at 5 p.m. they have their third and final meal of the day and are sent to their cells once again. Strangely enough, most of the children start to act in a very different, and out of character manner, some begin to give out violent screeches, and even start to become a lot more active and jumpy, as if we fed them a mountain of sugar (Which we don’t). It was probably that they knew it would be bedtime soon, and being the stubborn brats they are, they don’t want to go to bed. This is also usually around this time that most security guards (including myself) tend to go home for the night.
     But today was a bit different. I was overtime and to work on the nightshift for today. I started my shift around 10 o’ clock where I stood clear as a night guard. The security room had the usual equipment that you would find in your average security room. There were lockers leaned up against the walls, they all seemed very rusty, like an old pipe, but still useable. Although everyone was already gone so there wasn’t anything in them. There was also dozens of monitors on the walls that had security cameras set in everyone room and hallway in the building, excluding the cells. I sat down on the chair by the table and began to look through some of the cameras to see the whole asylum. Before I could finish looking through I heard my cell phone ring, there was a voice message on it. I picked up my phone and began to listen, “He- hey George! How’s it going so far?” It was Rob, a security guard that showed me around the building, he works in this asylum, and much longer than I have In fact. He taught me all I know in being a security guard. I kept on listening to the message, “So welcome to the night shift, ha-ha… So first thing I want to point out to you is that you should be fine, there is really nothing you really need to do but look at those cameras. You know, the usual, make sure all the kids are in there cells… Not that they can get out or anything, I’m not saying they’ve gotten out before.” Rob’s voice began to sound nervous, as he talked.
     “Well….. There is something I should point out, so listen closely” I took the phone out of my ear and put it on speaker so I could hear better. He continued, “You see, this building is quite old, so the electricity tends to malfunction a lot, and I mean a lot. So sometimes, the lights flicker, the cameras turn off, the cells open up. Now, don’t think that means the children will begin to leave their cell, because they don’t. M- Most children tend to be asleep by this time of night anyways. But that’s why we need you to be here, to make sure the children don’t do anything wrong. But, if a child does end up getting out, they probably won’t be very happy. You see, some children have a tendency to become extremely angry or violent when they wake up in the middle of the night, or even begin to sleep walk, or in this case….sleep kill.” I didn’t quite understand what he meant by that. Although he sounded a lot more frightened upon saying it, almost as if he had seen a ghost.
     “But umm, usually that never happens, and I don’t really think the children will go after you over the other 300 inmates, so I’m sure you’ll be fine, there nothing really you should be worried about… Well, that is if Stewart were to get out.” He took a few seconds to clear his throat then began speaking again, “I should probably let you go now. I’ve wasted enough of your time as it is, so good luck and have fun.” Before he hung up he gave an awkward chuckle, perhaps trying to shrug off what he was truly thinking. I didn’t know who Stewart was, so I decided to try to look him up in the records. After a while of searching, I couldn’t find any information about this “mysterious boy”. I then decided to just give up and check the security cameras. There were a lot of cameras spread around the building, from the cafeteria, to the main hallway, there was no blind spot that could be seen. But there was one camera that stood out from the other one, this camera was focused on a cell, much larger than the rest, but there was no bed or toys to be seen, all that lied on the floor was an inflatable hammer, which was unusual because most children have plastic hammers, and a small boy resting on the wall. He was looking down and clamping his feet together in a specific pattern, creating a little song with his feet.
     He sat where he was and didn’t move for half an hour, I could tell he wasn’t asleep, but before I could switch the camera, his head zoomed up from the floor and stared directly at the camera, almost as if he knew he was being watched. I was surprised by what I saw his head struck up faster than I could react. I quickly changed the cameras, this time, into a dark room. I couldn’t see anything, but I heard a strange buzzing noise coming from the room, it sounded like a generator, I assumed that this must have been the basement. As I kept scrolling through the cameras I noticed in one cell in the main hall, that there was a girl that started wandering around her room. But this time, I was certain she was asleep, after she was out of the camera’s view, I didn’t see her again, I tried to switch to another camera angle where the girl’s cell was visible, but she wasn’t there. The girl somehow made it out of her cell.
     My heart began to race as I searched every camera to find her, but she was nowhere to be found. I began to wonder if she made it out of the asylum, there were security guards outside but who knows what these children have up their sleeves. I knew if she were to get out, I would be fired. I felt sweat drip down my face from fear, something told me that I had to check the cameras right outside the security room, and so I did. She was right outside the room.
     I looked behind since the security door was right behind me, that’s when I realized that the door was still open. And there she was, peaking he head inside the door. Her eyes still closed, with a soft grin on her face, she knew what she was going to commit. I quickly rushed for the security door and pushed the button that closed it, I was already out of breath due to the stress that was rushing through my veins. I decide to keep that door closed for the remainder of the night, then headed back to my seat. Before I could check the cameras again, the lights in the room began to flicker and the cameras began to shut on and off. I realized that it was the door. It was using up too much energy, so I was forced to keep the door open. Luckily the girl hurried back to her cell, she must have calmed down and went back to bed. Throughout the remainder of the night nothing else unusual happened. That was until I realized that the young boy in that cell from earlier kept a watch on the camera for the remainder of the night. His glasses kept a bright shine over the light, this gave me a hard time trying to make out his face.
     As the next day came, I was offered another day to work the night shift, I was a bit concerned at first, but I ended up taking the job. I contacted my girlfriend and told her that I was taking another shift, she seemed very worried when she talked, she constantly stuttered on every word that came out of her mouth. The more she talked, the sicker I felt.
     Rob didn’t come to work today either, it was a bit sketchy since Rob never misses two days in a row. I began to grow worried about him, but I decided to brush it off and begin the night shift. Before I had any time to check the cameras, I got another voice mail, it was from Rob. It was very strange since I never received a call from him all day, so how did I get a voice message from him if he never called? I brushed it off and began to listen, “H- Hey George, how’s it been?” His voice, just like last night, grew rather nervous as he began to talk, “S- Sorry I couldn’t come to work today again, it was my son’s birthday today, heh. Can’t miss out on that right?”
     “So sorry for letting you go so early yesterday, I guess I didn’t get to explain as much as I should have. So, you’re probably wondering who this Stewart kid is right. Well, he’s actually the number one inmate in this asylum, he’s locked away in the very far jail cell, far for him to get anywhere near the children. You probably have already seen him through the cameras, he’s the only child to have a camera in his room. B- But anyways, remember what I said to you last night about him getting out? Just forget that I even said that, Stewart actually rarely come out, even during the day. But he does tend to escape whenever he gets the chance to, which believe me, is a very small chance.” I began to look at Stewart’s camera as he continued to talk, “Now why do we keep him locked up you may ask, I have no idea, I really don’t, they never tell me, and every time I ask them ‘hey why is Stewart locked up’ they never tell me!” He said that with a very disturbing Laugh, I felt Goosebumps crawl around my skin as I thought about Stewart leaving his cell.
     He was still laughing, growing more and more nervous as kept talking, and I began to grow suspicious of his act. He began speaking again, but in a very serious tone this time, “Anyways, you also might have noticed that one of the cameras is pitch black, well that’s actually the basement, and what’s even more bizarre, is that some children tend to wander and find their way down there, I’m not quite sure how since that door is usually locked, but they do it. But not only that, but the kids tend to… eat and chew on the wires down there, which could end with your power completely being cut off. And….. I’m not sure what to do there buddy, its game over.” He said in a very laughing tone, after that, the message ended.
     My heart began pounding at a high rate. I slowly checked the cameras to make sure everyone was in their right place, they weren’t. One cell appeared to be open, as I check the other cameras, I saw a boy running down the hallways. I grew curious to where he was going, so I began to follow him with the cameras. He was moving too fast for me to catch up with, but he never seemed to stop running. He kept running until I eventually lost him, I kept on searching for him for a while until I decided to check the other cameras and hopefully find him again. I checked Stewart to see if he was still in his room, luckily he was. But instead of the usual spot he was in, he was standing right in from of the camera, too close for me to get a glimpse of anything else around him. This time he stood there for about an hour, which was until I heard another noise coming from another room.
     What I found next was something that will forever be glued to my mind, a young child, who appeared younger than Stewart began stabbing, and decapitating a girl with a kitchen knife. Blood was spilling all over the cafeteria floor and table. For a second, it almost looked like ketchup. The girl looked much older than the child, and she appeared to be missing an eye, and an arm. But what came next was horrific; the boy grabbed a plate from the cafeteria line and began to rip off one of the girl’s legs, and then started to devour it. As if it were finger painting day His hands, soaked in blood, and his eyes, bloodshot red. He continued to consume piece by piece of the girl as she lied there lifeless. I began to gag up and grabbed a nearby garbage can to vomit in, this asylum really did f*** with their heads, didn’t it, I thought to myself. I clicked away from the scene only to find something that made my heart stop, Stewart wasn’t in his cell.
     I flew out of my chair in terror, starring at the empty room for what seeming like an hour. It was hard to believe that Stewart made it out of his room in only a few minutes of not watching him. The night became darker and darker as the night grew on, it was only 12:00 p.m. I still had 7 hours to go. I finally caught my breath and jumped back into my seat, still scrolling through the cameras to try to find where Stewart went off to. I stumbled upon the camera in the basement, unlike last night, the basement light was on, and someone was in there.
     As the camera panned over to the other side of the room, I saw someone at the near end of the basement, it was the child that was running down the halls from earlier. He was holding what seemed to be a cord, and took a giant bite out of it. Before I could react to it, all of the power was cut off. Everything was dark, there was no cameras, no lights, and I couldn’t close the security door. As I looked over the door I saw a pair of glasses shining over 2 eye balls looking directly back at me. Stewart, had found me…

This book has 1 comment.

KjStormy said...
KjStormy, Melbourne, Other
I'm gunna give you a little bit of constructive criticism, but rememer that this is my personal opinion and doesn't mean that there is anything wrong with your story, this is simply my advice on what I enjoy in a book. I think maybe your moving a little too fast and you could maybe use some more description in some areas. Other than that I think the plot sounds awesome and that this has great potential. It's definitely a book I would buy an read :)