French Fries and Revenge | Teen Ink

French Fries and Revenge

By viviannelaura, Rochester, New York
viviannelaura, Rochester, New York

I am 17 years old, i live in Rochester, New York. Ever since i was a kid i have had a passion for writing stories. 

Grey skies fill the California air on the evening of April 22nd ,1998. A happy family resides in Oakland as they have for many years. The young girl of 8 years named Adrianna is the child of Annette and Bruce Willingham. Annette is a loving kind soul with a passion for gardening and herbal remedies, Bruce works long hours at his construction company. Adrianna adores her mother’s ways and resents her father’s long hours. Not on many occasions the whole family is present but on this night the Willingham’s sat for dinner. A long brown table with a green tablecloth presented the delicious vegetable roast Annette prepared for this special occasion.
“I am so thankful we all can be together on this lovely healing evening” Annette says to the family.
“Not often do I have the opportunity to be with you guys, I hope this will last” Bruce says. “I have waited for this moment for ages.” Adrianna sighs.
The family eats and laughs as they all cherish these beautiful moments together. Little does Adrianna know this will be the last memory of her parents.
“Come to bed sweethearts!” Annette says. “Coming mother!” Adrianna says.
Mayerhofer 1

The three Willingham’s cuddle into bed together when suddenly there is a loud bang from the front door.
“What was that daddy, I’m scared!” Adrianna says.
“Stay here, I will check it out” Bruce gets up and walks down the stairs with a baseball bat. “Adrianna honey it will be okay, stay here and do not move no matter what!” Annette says.
As Annette walks down the windy stairs of their home a gunshot goes off. “No, No, No, Not my sweet Bruce, please no!” Annette says
Adrianna peaks around the corner of her parent’s bedroom to find her mother holding the bloody faint body of her father, as her mother cries and screams two men carry shiny silver swords and behead her from behind. Adrianna gasps in fear and hides under her parent’s bed. As the attackers scrounged through the house.
“They said this would be easy, Master was right.” The man in orange says.
“We will have enough to pay off our debts, that’s the only reason I took this hit.” Says the man and in green.
They leave after taking pictures of the lifeless bodies of Annette and Bruce Willingham. Adrianna dials 911 on her parent’s house phone.
The image of her parent’s lifeless bodies will forever haunt Adrianna. After the murders Adrianna was sent to live in Baltimore with Aunt Carolyn, where she will reside till the age of 18.
Mayerhofer 2

Her mind was filled with French fries and revenge as the 10-year anniversary of her parent’s deaths hits. Adrianna is a grown woman now with long silky black hair that hits her waist, she wears heavy eyeliner and red lipstick. Picking at her fries in the 80’s themes restaurant she vividly relives the day of her parent’s deaths.
“My mother never deserved this; she was always a kind soul with a heart caring for everyone but herself. I resent my father for leaving us alone all those years but that does not change the fact that I mourn their losses. I must honor them and seek revenge for their brutal uncalled-for deaths.”
Adrianna paid for her meal and walked the streets of Los Angeles.
Damn sugar! You should let me take you out.” A creepy sluggish old man says to her. “In your dreams, buddy” Adrianna says as she continues to walk the musty LA streets.
Adrianna has always been used to creepy men cat calling her, she brushed it off but deep down it bothered her.
“If only men could look at women like actual human beings. Disgusting pigs they are!”
After years of research for the killers of her parents, Adrianna must develop her fighting skills and her plans to revenge her parents. Every night Adrianna goes to the downtown boxing club where she scrimmages opponents. Her mentor Jim has taught her everything she knows about fighting.
“You think you’re ready for a real opponent Adri?” says Jim
“Of course, I am. These years of training better have paid off” says Adrianna.
Mayerhofer 3

Adrianna puts wraps her wrists in tape and puts on her boxing gloves as she gets into the ring. Jim has been guiding her for years as she will finally scrimmage him to prove her abilities.
“You ready darling?” Jim says.
“I’ve been ready since I was 8.” Adrianna says.
As Jim counts down from three, Adrianna balances her weight and lands a left hook. Jim blocks but Adrianna comes at him with a right uppercut.
Damn. I see you have been practicing” Jim says.
Adrianna ignored his comment as she knows this is her final step to start her revenge. She uppercuts him one after another, then left hooks him right in the face.
“I told you I was ready.” Adrianna laughs
“Wow, who knew you had it in you.” Jim says
“I’ve had it in me since the day I saw my parents murdered.” Adrianna says.
“I could never imagine that. I am so sorry.” Jim says
“Don’t worry about it. It only made me stronger.” Adrianna says as she takes off her gloves.
Adrianna leaves the gym and pulls out her notes on the killers. In bold letters the name “Demetri Mackonish and James Reddick” title the page.
“These bastards will get what they deserve”
Adrianna pulls out her cell phone and calls the LAX airport.
“One way flight to Moscow, Russia leaving tonight please” Adrianna says
Mayerhofer 4

After paying for her flight Adrianna packs her things including a black leather jumpsuit, leaving her apartment she braces herself for the day she finally has waited for. Waving down a cab and riding to the airport, Adrianna cannot help but smile as they day her family will finally be avenged. Adrianna picks at her fingernails throughout the 15-hour plane ride. When she arrives at Moscow Adrianna will purchase a weapon, particularly the same kind her parents were brutally murdered with. Adrianna dreams about the moment she will take the lives of her parent’s killers, the brief feeling of bliss.
“Arriving in Moscow, Russia in 15 minutes” a young woman says over the intercom.
“I am oddly nervous for this. My stomach twists and turn as we almost arrive”
“Please exit with your ticket in your hand” The young woman says.
Adrianna walks over to the exit with her ticket and smells the fresh air of Moscow. Just like California, rainy and dreary but it is just like home.
“Wow, it’s beautiful.”
“Hello sir, are there any hotels near here and possibly a directory?” Adrianna says to a scruffy tall man smoking a cigarette.
“Yes ma’am, there is a double tree 2 blocks from here. They should have a directory for you” He says as he takes a hit from his rollup.
“Thank you.” Adrianna says.
“I hope these bastards haven’t gone off the deep end. They have to be around somewhere.”
Mayerhofer 5

Adrianna walks to the double tree quickly; she cannot help but notice the factory smoke clogging the air. She checks in to a room on the 13th floor, paying in all cash to avoid transaction records. She is trying to get away with double murder of course.
“I’m exhausted already, tomorrow I will be purchasing a weapon, but I must be discrete and avoid making myself seem suspicious. Who knew revenge would be so stressful?” Adrianna sighs.
Adrianna unpacks her suitcase and heads to bed. Before Adrianna can fall asleep a loud knock is heard on her door. Adrianna peeps out the hole to find a man in a black ski mask and possibly a baton?
“Sh*t, they’ve been tracking me since I got here haven’t, they? I don’t want to draw attention to myself, I’ll be quiet hopefully they go away.”
The knocking continues as Adrianna hides behind the closet door. “Open the door Adri! We know you have come for revenge.” The man says. “I knew they would’ve tracked me. I should have been more discrete.”
Adrianna unscrews a metal pipe from the closet, hovering over the hotel room door.
“I have to time this perfectly and find out who sent this man to come find me.”
Adrianna slowly opens the door and strikes the man over the head, he passes out. She drags his body to a chair and begins to tape his legs, arms, and mouth. Adrianna searches his belongings to uncover a pastel green note that reads
“Adrianna Willingham, Flight 327 to Moscow, Russia. Double tree hotel room 33.”
Mayerhofer 6

In the man’s wallet his ID reads as “Jonathan Huycks, born September 14th, 1977.” The man is dressed in a plaid flannel with dark blue boot cut jeans and working boots that seem to be worn out. As the man starts to wake up, Adrianna hovers behind him and starts to ask questions.
“The taser will probably be handy in this situation”
“Who do you work for Jonathan? Any resistance and I will harm you.” Adrianna says. Jonathan stays silent as Adrianna wraps her hands around his neck.
“I said tell me who you work for. I have no problem killing you.” “Why would I tell you, you are just a neurotic brat.” Jonathan says. “Who sent you here! Answer me now!” Adrianna says.
“Oh honey, you will have to kill me first.” Jonathan smirks.
Adrianna pulls out the taser and holds it against his left rib, holding it still for about 3 minutes till he begs her to stop.
“Fine, fine, fine. I will tell you just stop please!” Jonathan says. “Who sent you Jonathan? Who?” Adrianna says.
“Fine, Demetri and James. You know who they are I would hope, why else would you come here?” Jonathan says.
“Tell me where to find them. Now! I have no problem sending your head to them.” Adrianna says.
“Fine, just please don’t kill me. I beg of you!” Jonathan cries out.
Mayerhofer 7

“I can only promise you that if you reveal their locations.” Says Adrianna.
“Okay okay, they live in a village about 5 miles from here called Stonyshire Brook, Apartment 57.” Jonathan says.
“Thank you. I will let you leave after I avenge my parent’s deaths” Adrianna says.
Adrianna leaves Jonathan tied up and gathers her things, including a black jumpsuit which she will avenge her parent’s in. Her first stop is to acquire a weapon. Gun laws in Russia are not strict like other places. She heads out of the hotel at about 4 am, calling a cab from her cellphone to about a block away from Stonyshire. Adrianna has been fantasizing this day for ten years. The adrenaline is rushing through her veins as sweat drips down her forehead the whole car ride. After purchasing an assault rifle, ammo, and a silencer. She begins to walk in the direction of Stonyshire. As she walks, she stumbles across a huge sign presenting the words Stonyshire Brook.
“The day I have been waiting for. I have to be stealthy about this, they are most likely sleeping this should be a piece of cake”
“57, I got this. Mom this is for you.” Adrianna sighs as she comes across 57 Stonyshire Brook.
Adrianna peaks through the windows to find an opening, when suddenly a cat rubs against her leg begging for affection.
“Aww, it’s okay I will rescue you from these monsters” Adrianna says as she pets the black and white polka dotted kitty.
There is a small vent towards the back of the apartment just wide enough for Adrianna to sneak in. She opens the vent to a dark and moist passage; she starts to crawl through getting
Mayerhofer 8

pieces of her silky hair wet. Adrianna begins to tie her hair into a ponytail and continues to crawl through the vent. Finally arriving to a small library like room she hops out and dusts herself off. The library has a small desk with a file on top and various books regarding assassination. She peaks around the corner to find two bedrooms; she loads her weapon and slyly creeps the door open to find Demetri sleeping with a woman dressed in red lingerie.
“Perfect. I will stage it, so it looks like she murdered them.
Adrianna slowly wraps the woman’s hands around the trigger and points it towards Demetri’s head.
“Okay. One. Two. Three.”
The gun fires in silence as blood starts to drench the bedsheets. Adrianna smiles and moves to the next bedroom. She puts gloves on, so her fingerprints will not be identifiable.
“This is for my parents, you’re a sick bastard” Adrianna whispers in James ear and pulls the trigger while smirking. Adrianna quickly leaves the apartment and heads back to the hotel, to find Jonathan still there sleeping.
“Hey, you’re free to go.” Adrianna says
“Thank you for not killing me. I appreciate it, I won’t have to answer to their orders anymore so thank you.” Jonathan signs in relief as Adrianna unties him and lets him leave.
Adrianna packs her things and calls the airport to ask if cats are allowed. They say yes as Adrianna pets her new companion.
“I will call you Annie, just like my mother” Adrianna says.
Revenge never felt better, especially with her new kitty Annie.