Don't Believe what you see | Teen Ink

Don't Believe what you see

April 13, 2021
By rohith678, London, Please select
More by this author
rohith678, London, Please Select
0 articles 0 photos 0 comments

“Alarm, wir haben einen Verdächtigen auf einem rot Ford Mustang in Richtung Norden”, That was the last time when the police saw him.

20 years later, a sunny day in Grohampton after the new year celebrations, Antonio is back on duty and Emily is all ready to go back to high school. After the Principal's boring assembly Emily headed towards her History class. Her History class fully packed as they had students from the nerd block.After having a small chat with us our teacher introduced a new kid who joined our school today. Teacher said “let me introduce you to our new student who comes from Northern California, His name is Max Beelek”. Suddenly Alphonso asked him “Beelek is that an American name surely not, so where are you from newbie?” he said mockingly. Max replied “ Yep that’s right it ain’t an American name cuz my dad’s from Central Europe.” Alphonso asked him “ Where in Central Europe” with a bit of aggression. Max replied “ bro what do you want” he said with a little smile. This made Alphonso a bit angry as he asked him the same question again. But this time the teacher stopped the conversation and started his class. 

While on one side Emily was having an interesting day and on the other side Antonio was having a busy day. There were so many robbery cases and all the Sheriffs were busy. It was lunch time when a case came to his desk. There was a missing case, a woman named Margret Lewis went missing from yesterday night. This was the case and Antonio went to Margret's home to investigate. Antonio and his assistant Jeremy went to her home and had a seat and asked Margret's mom "where do Margret work and when does she usually come home". She replied "Margaret works at the supermarket in town and she usually comes home around 11 O'Clock. Then he asked her "how old are the children.''she replied " one's 12 other one's 8 ``. Then he asked another question, he said " does she have any hobbies and any medical conditions' '. She replied "she doesn't have any hobbies or medical conditions but she always seemed to be tired. ``Did she leave any notes or did she take any clothes or anything" he asked. " no she didn't leave any notes or anything" she said. After a small questioning Antonio had no clue about what might have happened. He left the house and asked Jeremy to check every single CCTV's in the town. But there was absolutely nothing after the first day and second day. 


4 days after the missing,

the third day of looking for clues through CCTV and finally they found something. A clip of Margaret walking through Newbury street. Immediately Jeremy called Antonio and said "Sheriff we found something". Antonio rushed his way to the station. Jeremy showed the clip. In the clip there was Margret walking through Newbury street and a car stopped in front of her for 30 seconds and she just fainted and the car left. Margret was lying on the street for 2 hours and she didn't even wake up after that long. But the interesting thing was that everybody who went through the street walked away like if the body was not there. He thought of questioning the victim’s but nobody’s faces were clear.

1 week after the missing,

After a week of looking there was still no clues about Margret and Antonio thought that he would question Margret's children, he thought he might get some clue from them so he went to Margret's home and knocked on the door. He got shocked as he saw Margret opening the door. "Margaret, how did you come back, what happened to you?" Antonio said with so much happiness. Margret said "Sheriff what are you doing here and why are you asking me that." Antonio got shocked again and asked her to call her mother and children. Antonio asked them " how did she come back, what really happened". Her mother replied " Sheriff what are you talking about". " wait what the hell is happening here" Antonio said angrily and left the house and went to meet Jeremy. He said everything to Jeremy but he did not believe that so he said he will question them on his way. He went to their home but nobody opened the door. So he broke the door and went in just to find the family dead. He immediately called Antonio and said what happened. Then Antonio called the ambulance and the forensic officers. The forensic officers said "cause of death is poison in food, and it was a suicide because all of them approximately died the same time. This really shocked Antonio. Then Jeremy said "case closed isn't it Sheriff". But Antonio was never ready to give up.

Antonio is trying his best to solve the case even if it's closed, while Emily’s waiting for a chance to talk with Max. 1 week after the school’s open and finally Emily got a chance. She had science with Max in the same class. The teacher asked the students to be in group of 4 and Emily didn’t miss this chance as she invited Max to join their group. Emily introduced herself to Max and Max introduced himself. After the science lesson Emily walked with Max and she asked him “ do you play any sports” he replied “Hmm yeah, yeah I play soccer” she asked him “ then why don’t you play for the school team” he replied “ yeah, i do play for the team and I’m in the starting line up for the Green valley game. I heard it’s a big rivalry between Grohampton high school and Green valley high school, is it true.” she replied “ yeah it’s a big rivalry. You’re lucky to be on the team for this game.” Max asked her “why” she replied “ you’ll see”. Then Emily asked him “ do you wanna come over to my home for dinner today.” He replied “ Umm yeah, sure” she replied “ nice, come home at 7 o'clock, don’t forget”. As they both left for their classes.
That night,

Max came over to Emily's at sharp 7 o'clock, he knocked on the door and Emily invited him in. He helped Emily with the dishes as both waited for Antonio and Shannon. After waiting for 1 hour finally both of them came and Max introduced himself to Emily’s parents. While having dinner Jeremy came to Antonio’s home and asked Antonio “ who is that” he replied “ Oh, that’s Emily’s friend or “ then Emily said “ Dad stop” then Jeremy said “He looks kinda sus y’know”. After a small conversation Max’s dad called him saying his mom’s missing. Max immediately said this to Antonio as both of them rushed their way to find Max’s mom (Isabel). Antonio knew exactly what to do. First he checked the CCTV’s. He saw a clip of Isabel walking through a street and then a car stopped in front of her, then Isabel fainted and was fell down on the ground and the interesting thing is that all of this happened in Newbury street where Margret went missing. But this time after 3 days Antonio managed to find Isabel and he thought that was just a normal missing. Well the truth is that that was not really what happened.

“ Hello fans, welcome to the home of Grohampton FC” said the commentator very loudly. The stadium was fully packed for the game. It’s a rivalry which started in 1989 and is still going. The worst part about this game is that the loser of the game has to forfeit every other game in the season. So Max was all set to play his first game. Alphonso led their team to the pitch. Antonio also came to watch the game as well. He is a big football fan. Max showed his class as he scored in the 27th minute. But then things got really worse as green valley hit 4 goals in 15 minutes to end the first half with a solid 4-1 lead for green valley.but then grohampton came back and managed to score 2 goals back bagged his hat-trick and there was 5 minutes left and grohampton are still trailing by a goal. Then Max went down the pitch to get his inhaler as he had issues with breathing and after when he took the inhaler he played like a machine and scored another 2 goals in the last 5 minutes. After the game everyone praised Max’s performance. But then after the game Antonio got a phone call. It was Jeremy he said “ sheriff we have a big problem” Antonio replied “what problem” Jeremy said “ 27 women missing from our town” Antonio got shocked for a second. He headed to the station to check the CCTV’s and saw every 27 women walking through 27 different streets. All of the women got stopped by a car at the same time and all of them fainted at the same time. This news created chaos in Grohampton as families started to complain about women’s safety in town during night time. But then things got really worse as all the women came back home and then all the 27 families died a week after. This really created chaos. Then Jeremy said this to Antonio “ sheriff 29 women have gone missing and 28 families of these women are dead. There are 53 families in town. What if the killer is aiming to kill all the families in the town. Then Antonio had to go through a press conference. There he said “ As everyone we have 28 families dead in town and here I would like to confirm that we have a serial killer in our town and there is a chance that the killing spree will go on.” This was the headlines in newspapers the next day. 

After 28 families died in a single town the news went absolutely viral in social media as Antonio was no more in part of the investigation as the case was handed in to the FBI. For safety reasons and to investigate the town, the rest of the 25 families were moved to another town as the FBI started questioning people with no families. After hearing the news Antonio thought he might give up with the case and leave town, but then the chance came knocking by his door. There was a man and a woman knocking on his door. Antonio went to the door and said “ you lot are reporters right” as he went to shut the door the man replied “ we ain’t reporters, just let us in and we will tell you”. Antonio asked their names, the man replied “ my name’s Alexander and her name’s Sophie”. I’m a retired scientist and she’s a criminologist. Then Antonio said “ so what do you wanna say.” Alexander replied “ I know something ‘bout this case, she could also be helpful with your investigation.” Antonio replied “look I’m not in this case anymore” Alexander replied “ but you can still investigate cuz you’re still a sheriff”. Antonio said “ok then what do you wanna say”. Alexander replied “ I figured out how the victims forgot what happened to them and how they fainted”. Antonio said “How?” Alexander replied “ So basically there is a natural chemical in our body called Dopamine. This chemical sends signals from your body to the brain and controls a person's movement. It controls both physical and mental things in your body. If your body has less Dopamine you will get tired. So this serial killer killed 28 families with 28 women from these families going missing before their death. As you have know all of these women were walking down a street, they had no vehicles, they were working women and they all went missing after their work so they will be tired and their body will have less Dopamine, this means the serial killer might have created another chemical or anything similar like and will inject that to their body. After getting this injection their body will have no Dopamine but instead they will have a similar chemical or anything which controls your body. But the interesting thing is that this guy can actually control their whole body after that injection.” Antonio said “ok, i get that but how does the victim faint to the ground in 30 seconds.” Sophie replied “do you know if they fainted” Antonio said “ yeah cuz the woman goes to the ground”. Sophie replied “but i think something different might have happened. So let me say my theory of what might have happened. So the victim’s walking through the street and suddenly a car stops in front of her covering all the CCTV’s, at this point the killer might have hypnotised the victim and got her in the car and made a dummy which might look like the victim and drops the dummy and leaves. Then people who walk past the street think it’s just a normal doll and they walk away. I think this is what might have happened.” Antonio said “Well that’s was really good but we have no clues”. All of these are just rumours. Sophie said “no, if we think about it we can find the killer. So sheriff, during this month have you seen anything strange or surprising?” Antonio said “Nope” Then Sophie said “ just think deep sheriff, you might surely have seen something.” Antonio said “ I don't know if it’s weird but, my daughter Emily’s friend Max has actually done something really surprising. We had a big football game here last week and he scored 5 goals to win the game. Well that’s not the interesting thing.” Sophie said “ what’s the interesting thing then”. Antonio said “ so basically he scored 2 goals in 2 minutes after taking a puff from an asthma pump. I really found that interesting.” Sophie said “ can you get me that pump for me”. Antonio said “ wait what, you’re telling me to steal his asthma pump”. Sophie said “ no, just take the medicine from that and replace it with another one.” Antonio said “ y’know what i’ll do it”. After successfully stealing the medicine from Max’s asthma pump he gave it to Alexander to research the medicine. Alexander said it will take him 2 days to finish the research. After 2 days of research Alexander and Sophie came to his home to give him the details. Antonio asked them “ so what have you got “ Alexander replied “ something really interesting.”

After 2 months in school Emily began to spot something with Max because after the soccer match Max hadn't come to school and it’s now over 2 weeks he hasn't been in school. Emily tried contacting him but nobody picked the phone. She found this weird as she informed this to Antonio. After hearing this Antonio knew what to do. After 2 days of research Alexander and Sophie came back with some interesting results. Antonio asked them “ so, what have you got”. Alexander replied “something big, so I have found out that the chemical in this medicine contains Methamphetamine” then Antonio asked “ what is Methamphetamine” Alexander replied “Methamphetamine is a drug used in a form of the drug pervitin, Methamphetamine was used before by hitler to make his soldiers work tirelessly, but” then Antonio asked “but, what” Alexander replied “ there is a huge side effect, people who constantly use this drug can end up losing their life and people who use it once might take around 2 weeks to recover from the drug because when you use the drug you’ll work like a machine and after a day the body will get extremely tired.” Antonio said “so wait, my girl Emily said Max didn’t come to school for 2 weeks and we can probably expect him to go back to school tomorrow”. Then Emily said “ dad, have you seen mom here” Antonio said “ She might be there somewhere” as he took 2 seconds to realise what might have happened. Antonio called Shannon’s office but they said Shannon left the office an hour ago”. As usual Antonio went to the station and checked the CCTV and saw Shannon walking through a street and a car stopped in front of her but this the killer forced Shannon to get in the car and then the killer looked at the camera and left. The problem here is that she was not in Grohampton and as no one can be in Grohampton except the people with no families. Immediately Antonio received a call,  It was Max. he said “ Sheriff my dad have kidnapped your wife can you come to old airport I think he might have put her there” Antonio replied “ wait what, you are telling me you’re dad is the killer” then Max said “ no time for explanation, can you come here quick”. Antonio said “on my way”. Antonio reached the old airport and saw the serial killer for the first time. Antonio took his time to arrest the killer as he knew the killer is super smart. Antonio threw a stick in one side and he locked the killer from behind and arrested him. He dropped Shannon in the hospital and then went to the station to question him as Antonio became a hero in town. But the interesting thing was that the town was covered with police and FBI and he still managed to do all of these. The media started to praise Antonio for his brilliance and heroic job. So Antonio started his questioning. Antonio asked first “ what’s your name?” the killer replied “ Beelek, Beelek Poulson”. Antonio asked “ where are you from” Beelek replied “somewhere near Germany'' he said with a small smile on his face. then Antonio said “ well, how do you control your victims then” Beelek replied “ you already know” Antonio asked “ you know that you are not gonna go anywhere outside this place for your entire life, so do you have any last wish” Beelek said “well, I won’t say my last wish, I’ll do it.” as he took a puff from his asthma pump from his pocket and punched Antonio and broke the wall of the station and escaped.
4 hours after Beelek escaped,

There was a look out notice for Beelek inside the country, that’s when Antonio received a phone call. It was Beelek. Antonio said to him “Beelek, man you have 20 hours to hide somewhere safe cuz if i find you I’m killing you” Beelek replied “oh yeah, is that why you’re trying to trace me. Antonio, mate I ain’t that stupid, I’m using a satellite phone. Oh and you know what you have a big surprise coming to you in a minute” as he hung up. Jeremy came to Antonio and said “ sir, all the remaining 24 women are now gone missing” Antonio said “well that’s the surprise”.

After all the chaos Max came to Antonio’s home and told him “ Sheriff just let me explain” as Antonio shut the door. Then Max said “I’ll tell what happened and I’ll tell all the history behind this” Then Antonio thought for 3 seconds and then opened the door. Then Antonio said “ So tell me everything. Start off with the flashback”. Max replied “ok, so my parents are from Austria and I was born here. He has 2 reasons why he’s killing people. First one is that when he was in Austria he made absolutely unbelievable inventions and every time when he invented something new his senior scientist will steal it and will introduce it to the public as his invention. So one day my dad made a new medicine and introduced it to the public and started to make many new inventions as Beelek was appointed as the head of Austria Science and technology department.Then my dad did his revenge as he kicked him out of the department and transferred him to a local school as a science teacher. This made the ex- senior scientist so angry that he hired hitman to kill his parents. My dad  went to Vienna for an official meeting and came back home just to find his parents dead body. This found his falling into depression as my mom tried to save him but he already had something in his mind. First he resigned his job. This was so shocking for many people. But he did this for a reason. At first the senior scientist..” Antonio said “can you stop saying the senior scientist. Doesn’t he have a name” Max replied “ umm yeah, his name’s Philip heilig. Let me come back to what happened. So first my dad kidnapped Philip’s sister who is also a scientist. But then she came back home a week ago and then the whole family died the next day. But Philip didn’t die as he wasn’t home that night but later went on he was also dead as his wife went missing and the whole family was dead.” Antonio then said “but, why’s your dad aiming for women?” Max replied “ It’s scientifically proven that women don’t get easily distracted. So my dad  makes these women absolutely tired and then injects them with the chemicals. But if you do this to men and if you control them they have a higher chance of getting distracted. Now you might think what’s the problem if they get distracted. The problem is that if they get distracted they will remember everything that happened. But the psychiatrist was the villain to my dad’s story. So as my dad managed to kill many people he thought he would go on killing people and then control the world with this chemical. But that didn’t happen. A month after Peter’s death my dad kidnapped another woman and then injected her and left her at her home. But this is where it went all wrong. That woman’s son was a psychiatrist and he distracted her and then got a sketch of my dad and my mom’s face. Immediately it became a huge news in Austria and there was a lookout notice for my parents. My parents managed to move to Italy and went to Mexico illegally through a ship, walked through the American border and came to America and 4 year later I was born. One day me and my dad went to the shops to buy some stuff. We had to cover our face and go outside. But that day my mom was home and our flatmates found out that my mom was so sick and took her to the hospital. But that was a big mistake as one of the hospital staff found out that my mom was a wanted person and then she was arrested and was deported to Austria and was prisoned there. But After 2 months we found a news that my mom committed suicide. My dad was so depressed during that time. But he stopped everything and tried to focus on my life as he moved to Grohampton this year, but then he found that hospital staff that called the police on our mom. This gave him memories as he started doing what used to do. He started killing people and he also gave me this asthma pump and told me to use it only in an emergency, but I used the pump at the soccer game. So I thought, by killing he might recover but things started to get really worse. But one day I saw my dad bringing Shannon to my home and she was kidnapped and she was his next target. But when I saw her in my home, Emily’s face came to my mind and then I informed you.” Then Antonio said “ok, well that’s so much history and you know what I am not marrying you my daughter. Keep your eyes away from her”. Then Antonio went to the station and he received a phone call. It was Beelek. He said to Antonio “ hey buddy. I have a deal for you.” Antonio replied “ I don’t need to hear your deal. I will find you and I’ll finish you”. Beelek replied “are you done. If you are, this is my deal. You can either take your wife and rest of the women here or you can take all the women and you and your wife have to die. You have 2 weeks to make a choice before I kill them” Antonio replied “but why 2 weeks” but Beelek didn’t answer as he hung up the call. Antonio told this to Max and he said “but why’s my dad saying 2 weeks when he’s in this town.” For a second both of them thinked and looked at each other's faces and both of them said “what if he’s in Austria”. He called Jeremy and Max and went all the way to Austria.”

Antonio had 1 week to make a choice and made a choice. He chose not to choose any. After 3 days Max found out where his dad is. Beelek was in his old house which was abandoned because there were so many dead bodies and nobody wanted to buy that house. It wasn't used for the last 20 years. He said all this Antonio. Antonio said “ but how do you know this stuff.” Max replied “ I asked the neighbours”. Did I interrupt the conversation said Alexander as both Alexander and Sophie came to Austria. Antonio said to them “ why’re you here. Wait no, how did you find us”. Sophie replied “ I saw Beelek’s look out notice and I recognised him.” Antonio replied “How?”. Sophie replied “ Alexander was a scientist in Germany and I was a college student when the Beelek case occurred in Austria. He is not a bad guy” Antonio replied “what are you talking about”. Alexander replied “ Both of us first met in Germany and after knowing each other well we went to Italy together to spend our holidays. One day we went to a beach there and spent our days in a small house near the beach which didn’t have that many people in there. But one day Beelek and his wife came to our house asking for help. We thought of calling the police but then Beelek told what really happened and after a week they just disappeared. That’s all we know about him.” Antonio replied “Ok, but why’re you here.” Sophie replied “ I have a plan” Antonio replied “ what plan”. Sophie replied “A big plan. So as everyone knows Beelek is currently in his old house and there is only one normal entrance, but there is another secret entrance. That’s how Beelek enters the house, but it’s not that easy. The house is above a big hill and behind the house is a huge drop. So you have to go down the hill which is a river, and then climb up the hill. I think this is how he must have done this to enter the house. But we are going to go the easy way. Antonio and Max will go through the main entrance and Jeremy and Alexander will come through the back entrance. So that he can’t escape. If you want you can call the Austrian police and then catch him.” Antonio replied “ No, I want him.” Then Sophie said the rest of the plan and then said “Ok guys see you in 3 days”. Everybody made up their minds and they knew it’s a do or die situation as they are going to face an absolutely genius guy. 
Finally the day came. Today is the day. Antonio and the rest of them are ready. Beelek called Antonio and said “Hello friend, How’s Austria?. So you have your planned everything, right. Well see you in my home.” Antonio knew this would happen as headed to Beelek home. Both Max and Beelek went inside the home quietly and walked slowly as Beelek came behind them and said “ Oh my god, stop it I'm right here. As Beelek used Chloroform to make them faint. He then tied them to a pole and then woke them up. Then Antonio said “you are not gonna win” as Jeremy came behind him and pointed the gun towards Beelek. Then Antonio said “ Jeremy shoot him”. Then Jeremy said “why should I shoot my brother?.” Antonio said “ what are you talking about, shoot him”. Jeremy said “but there is a twist Michael, this guy is here is my brother Beelek Poulson and my name Jeremy Poulson. But I moved to the US at 4 with my uncle and lived there.” Then Antonio said “ Where is Alexander?” Jeremy said “ Oh, I think he might be dead by now.” Beelek replied “ enough with the conversation. kill Antonio and then take these women back to America. Jeremy came to Antonio and said “I really had a good time with you, but now it’s time to say goodbye to the world.” Jeremy went to cut Antonio's neck but then they heard so much noise. Noise of helicopters, police cars and the police telling them to come out. That’s when Beelek was a bit stupid. He used a normal phone to call Antonio before and the FBI were following Antonio and then traced their call and recorded their conversation. Then the FBI broke inside the house. Both Beelek and Jeremy got caught but Beelek didn’t want to get caught as he shot himself and died. Max went to the ground and told his dad to wake up as he was crying. While Jeremy was arrested. 
3 days later in America,

Antonio had a press conference in Washington. Antonio told the press “ask me anything you want.” A reporter asked Antonio “ Did anyone help you with this case” Antonio replied “umm, yeah Beelek’s son Max, A criminologist called Sophie and her husband Alexander who is a retired scientist. Alexander lost his life during the case.” As others asked questions, Antonio came out after the press conference and a police officer asked him “Did you say the Alexander couple helped you with the case?”. Antonio replied “yeah”. The police officer replied “Don’t you know that there are dead” Antonio replied “ what are you talking about?” the police officer replied “yeah, they were killed 20 years ago by the Italian police for hiding a wanted suspect.” Antonio replied “do you have any photos of them?”. The officer showed the and it was the real Alexander couple who helped him with the case. Then Antonio said “ well, I will research about this case later”. While Jeremy was sent to prison for 100 years for murder. He was not sent to a normal prison, he was sent to Alcatraz prison which is an island isolated from the world. Antonio went to Alcatraz to meet Jeremy. Antonio said to them “How are you, Jeremy?”. Jeremy replied “Michael don’t think it’s over yet. There is no escape for you this time” Antonio replied “well, I should say that dialogue to you” As Antonio left the prison and went back to Grohampton. Then Antonio received a call. Antonio said “ Hello, this is Sheriff Michael Antonio who is this?” the caller replied “Hi Antonio, I am Isabel.”



Similar books


JOIN THE DISCUSSION

This book has 0 comments.