The Dark Truth | Teen Ink

The Dark Truth

By sparkle098, Random, Other
sparkle098, Random, Other

I was gazing at the odd looking sight when a cop emerged out of nowhere, clutched my hands firmly and tossed me into a wagon filled with goods of common objects of the past. You must be perplexed about operating a wagon in the current state of the world, I was too at the beginning, but trust me after a step back in time, after coming across what I have been through, in a matter of fact it has now turned out to become quite common for me.

SCENE - 1

The last call attended with my brother Rocky Nare

Celia: Check,check and check. All the items have been packed with safety and security. My dear vacation, here I come!

Rocky Nare: All set? The team is about to leave after about 30min and remember dear sister I forbid you from any funny business. The most important thing is that it is not a vacation, so immediately get down to business.

Celia: Well well! I am not a kid anymore. Have you taken an oath to be committed to your work 24 into 7? Ever since you have arrived at this place you are more serious than ever. I mean it feels as if the jollyful emotions have exited your life.

Rocky Nare: Hmmm, after you arrived in our family I never laughed.

Celia: Brother please my apologies, do not dishearten me with those ordinary excuses, come up with something creative the next time.

Rocky Nare: You wanna listen to the repeated phrases once more, not my problem.

Celia: You know what?

Rocky Nare: No I don’t...

Celia: I am leaving, exiting, departing, whatever you wanna add. Farewell brother, after I am gone you can laugh to your heart's content. Why must I turn up like a bad penny and stick to other people’s hair?

Rocky Nare: Oh god,you know I was kidding right? Don't take it to your tiny heart. Your brother loves you, I was just pulling your leg!

Celia: Now I am sweet?

Rocky Nare: Uhhh

Celia: Gotcha! If you are a leg strengthener, I am your sister!

Rocky Nare: Got it…

Celia: Before you go,drop me before you leave.

Rocky Nare: Why not

SCENE - 2

Celia: The view from the van is amusing, never knew the beauty of Washington could be mesmerizing to such an extent. 

Meenu: Enthralled by the view? Wait until you get your eyes set on the Eternal City.

Celia: This distant retreat means a great deal to me….I want it to be the best one in my life.

Meenu: I apologise for my rudeness of not introducing you on the first note. My name is Meenu, your guide.

Celia: Well Meenu, nice to meet you. I am Celia, a traveller you might guide henceforth.

Meenu: You are quite a poet?

Celia: Consider it a hobby.

Meenu: I personally have a handful too, including poetry.

Celia: Two poets on a voyage, will be splendid, huh?

Meenu: Quite an approval!

On the way to the Eternal City, we were both a great mixture, each filled with dozens of splendid concepts and strategies...well naturally about poetry.

SCENE 3

It took about 10 hours for us to at last set our foot on the even land. The airport was furnished lavishly, must be to attract a glimpse of the public more than just a few. The city gave an essence of my life, a freedom not only heard or spoken of, but to feel this in my considerate time. You must be astonished, but this was the first round the way through the clock that this itsy bitsy bird had finally spread its wings to undergo the expedition of my independent journey exceptionally without even the name of favours. The first day was just the beginning to cover up for the unseeked days. I was always told the world out there was wild. It was a jungle. But mother I thy to be an explorer to mingle with the forest. I never tried to flee off like Lily, seized in the outdated four walls of the castle, scooted out in the horror dark and never return back. It's actually from Alan Walker’s song.Though it gave me a sense of a spooky emotion, It was a chance lost for a lifeline or grabbed out with the foresight of the dazzling future ahead. It was now or never. It was not as if I was bolting off, but was travelling in a much decent manner. 

An adventurer exploring the streets. The lanes were charmer than ever, filled with shops of food accessories and shopping centers. One particular building caught my eye, it was a chill providing a mass of land, but a board I bet weighed a ton saying “ Keep Out”. I mean why to keep a humongous board only to keep out, It basically must be to joke around.

LATER THAT DAY

Celia: So are we ready to go tomorrow?

Luna: Oh yeah, I am above the rising expectation.

Ren: So, how was the day, my dear fellow passengers?

Celia: Oh just amazing. Freedom is my buddy from today.

Ren: That's nice.

Runa: A gushing start!

Celia: Just wondering, why would they put a gigantic sign, just to avoid attention?

Meenu: Are you speaking about the ghost valley?

Celia: I suppose, It specifically told keep out.

Meenu: Then you must. The novel behind is ghastly. Causing fear in yet the bravest of all.

Celia: Off you go then…

Meenu: A castle, as told, was set up there. It was termed as the Black Rose. This was because the castle was exquisitely an acknowledgement of true beauty, but the darkside yet chose to be a secret code. It is said many times it was trespassed by intruders, but were carried away. Those lame ducks, as told in the history, were swallowed or eaten bare by the companions of the Black Rose. Every year the government must offer saplings of newly framed jewels and overpriced groceries to fulfill the demand of the greedy house. A myth narrates, if one does not, one day the land will turn infertile,with a scarce demand of water. A curse of black clouds for eternity and sorrow mythical creatures gulping away happiness. Basically leading to an apocalypse.

Celia: Umm...Isn’t that too much superstition?

Meenu: Think what you can, daring Cels. It's true, trust me. 

Celia: Why must I feel there is a perfect reason behind the scenes. 

Meenu: Bedtime everyone.

Celia: Night night!

LATER THAT NIGHT: The following night, having a monotonous disorder I began searching about the history about the unholy bunglow. As told the history was heart chilling. I stretched my legs, as the running and dashing had a sore effect on the poor runners. Sparing them a time to relax completely, I lay down on the bed with a signal of snores. That night, my dream felt rather similar to a nightmare. I could hear a girl dressed in a red gown,with a high pony, trying to sentence something. I endeavoured to ask her but my pleas drained into fine vain. The face of the girl was set aside in the shadows. Immediately after the time lapse of these series, I felt rather awkward and thoughtful. Generally, when I snore, I get a sound sleep and the plus point is that I don't remember anything about my night out. But today the scenario was quite varying, The dream felt real.

After the peculiar piece of dream, I gave my best shot to journey back into my night land, but unfortunately my attempts were no good. I trod in the way of the blossoming white garden, to inherit pleasure and divert my mind from the girl. The garden was a piece of japanese art, a multinational country status. In the mist, the breeze supported nature, a wild beauty. Startling my senses, I saw Meenu walking out of the dark to a lane. I called out for her and she froze. Her expression was dark, rather or should be torturous, giving me chills like none other.

Celia: Meenu, wait for me!

Meenu: What are you doing here?

Celia: Me?

Meenu: Then who else? Am I talking to the walls, huh?

Celia: I am just a traveler exploring the garden.

Meenu: Celia, are you seriously kidding? Who does this hour walk now? Do you think I am a fool?

Celia: I never meant to say that, aren't you being a tinsy bit hostile towards me?

Meenu: You know you should have never come here! Because of your kiddish features all my plans are flopped. You deserve it!

Celia: Your plans are flopped? Am I a weed on your farm? 

Meenu: See who's speaking now. You achieved whatever you wanted, now can you shake off me.

Celia: I don’t know what is up with you. Please mind your manners.

Meenu: Oh yea! I will,  now please move on.

Celia: What is up with you?

Meenu: None of your business.

I disappeared out of the blue after this conversation with Meenu. She was not herself. She was the antonym of her personality. Something was wrong about her. She was never hostile towards me. What did I achieve? How did I make her plans flop? The biggest question was, WHAT DID I DO?

After a few minutes I saw Meenu once more walking through the wall. I was out of my mind when I saw that. She literally walked through the wall in front of my eyes. It was only possible, If that woman was from a magical land. I dissolved into my land of fantasy. Drifting back, I made up my mind to follow her. As I did, I discovered that it wasn’t a wall, It was a door set for illusion. The passage was dark, deep, and felt it had lots of secrets within it. As I reached the end, I couldn’t detect her smell though I was a human with a powerful nose. I was in a room, as far as I could see was a black rose.

Celia: A Black Rose! This painting seems to be a treasure from a century back in the past. So I am in a black room. Completely shut off. It does not have any windows or doors. Just a painting. Specifically a Black Rose. According to my logic, Am I in the haunted house. A person who never returns?! I am done.

I felt like observing it much more from a distance. As I did, the rose felt real. It was not a fantasy. In the picture, I could sense the thorns, the petals, Basically everything. I could feel the deep, dense, dark emotions connecting with me. Electric Current passed through me, Like a sleeping potion filled in the rose, for personally to be touched by me. Like perfect planning. I did fall straight into the trap. Something went through my mind, making me dizzy all over. Suddenly I heard a voice, someone clapping approaching me.

Celia: Who is there?

Meenu: Didn’t I tell you not to get in my way? And you did! 

Celia: Meenu?

Meenu: I am not Meenu. Not a nothing. Who becomes a filthy guide. I am Lara.

Celia: Lara?

Meenu: Oh yes.

Celia: How did you enter?

Meenu: Guess…

Celia: Another illusion?

Meenu: Good Girl

Celia: Why are you doing this Meenu?

Meenu: I am not Meenu! I quench revenge. A comeback. I don't have a troubling past with you. You could be saved, but you chose to interfere. Now taste your own milk.

Celia: I don't understand. I am sleepy. What did you give me?

Meenu: Just go back to sleep. You don't have much time. 

I could not see anything as I drifted back into my sleep due to that potion, as it traveled down my veins. I knew this was big. She was planning something. To avenge someone. A comeback. My head ceased to function as I turned back into an alien land, waiting for it to let me go.

Rocky Nare: Sister wake up? Are you daydreaming? You are travelling to the Eternal City. Remember?

Celia: What was that?

Rocky Nare: The Eternal City. I forbid you from any funny business. The most important thing is that this is not a vacation, so immediately get down to work.

Celia: ( Gazing in horror) Umm yeah

Rocky Nare: So that’s it. Let me drop you.

Celia: It's all right. I can do it.

When I reached the van I saw Meenu or should I say Lara staring at me. That was definitely not a dream. It was true, a piece of reality. I just know it.

Meenu ( As Celia gets on the bus) : Well Well, who do we have here?

TO BE CONTINUED