Going Rogue | Teen Ink

Going Rogue

March 12, 2022
By 3546, Santa Ana, California
More by this author
3546, Santa Ana, California
0 articles 0 photos 0 comments

Author's note:

I chose this because I wanted a story that had something different and some kind of thriller. 

David was a man who had a dark past as a hired assassin he left that life behind and looked for nothing other than peace in society. He had been noticed by the WTPO and was appointed at a certain location, he was told what had to be done he was uncertain but in the end, he accepted. His death had been faked for their safety and he now works for the WTPO to prevent the world from any disaster. 

David had gotten ahold of some files about corrupt and powerful people in society from the past to the present. He checked files that seemed decades old about WWI, WWII, and the Cold War. 

“So Hitler didn’t kill himself, it was the WTPO they sent an agent to kill him. This group has been here that long, anyways is there any current threats”

“David what did we tell you about going through the files and archives of the WTPO.” Said Agent Alexander.

“Sorry”

“You'll be sorry when I demote you to a janitor, now go get your work done we don’t expect much of you anyways.”

David left frustrated that he was unable to know what types of threats the organization was currently dealing with, he was desperate to know what was going on there. 

“Stupid Alexander he thinks he’s boss here”

David entered his office which had piles of papers he needed to check the computer was dirty, papers were laying on the floor and a cold coffee. He sat down and started going through the papers when he found one that was secret and only high ranks could check. He looked around making sure nobody was there. He opened the file that contained paper and a USB on different technology companies, owners, and developers

“Why would they be interested in this type of document,” he said as he looked through the papers.

The papers were stamped with Initials high-level threat

“Why are these companies so dangerous? What could they possibly do,” he said.

Footsteps were heard nearby, he closed the file and put it at the bottom of the stack making sure it was not visible.

“It seems like a file was misplaced here,” said Alexander.

“I haven’t seen anything,” said David.

“You better have not, there is nothing important for you anyway, get back to work you, idiot. We need this for a meeting”  

“Yeah yeah, whatever just leave my office,” 

Alexander left the room his jaw clenched and with his fists. He entered his office and put down the file next to a similar one. He took out a suit and put it on but as he left he grabbed the wrong file. He walked down the hall and entered the meeting with the Captain who was waiting and looking at him as he entered. 

“Excuse me just a misplaced file nothing too bad”

“Alexander you are aware that the loss of that single file could cause lots of problems”

“Don’t worry about it nobody looked through it and it was not stolen”

“I hope so”


David called his best friend Chris who was his neighbor. Christopher had known David for a long time and had been recruited the same day as David because he dropped him off and they could not know anything therefore Christopher was recruited. However, Christopher had a family and was forced into the organization and was placed higher because of this.

“Hey, Chis you know anything about any world threats right now?”

“Nah and even if I did that is classified”

“Come on nobody will find out”

“Nah I ain’t risking it”

David left and went back to his office and was still wondering about the last page that he had not been able to get a good look at it but it had been classified great world threat. He got up and decide he would get in on the meeting. He knew the risk that he was taking by doing this but he was new and wanted to know everything he had to know.

“If I could just figure out why they are suspecting these companies I could help and quickly become superior here,” David said.

He sighed as he looked at a picture of his family something that was not allowed but that he was somehow able to bring there.

“I made a decision, I’m dead I’m a ghost”

David quietly walked through the hall and made it to the captain’s office. He looked right through the small window of the door and saw a giant tv that was connected to the computer and there it was the USB but it wasn’t quite right. The USB was smaller and it was not black with red it was plain black.

“That’s not right, It’s either I can’t remember or he’s trying to hide something.”

David put his ear to the door and looked around carefully to see if anybody was around.

“As you all know we are all responsible for world threats and it is our job to prevent them. We have spotted irregularities in some technology companies. As you may see here we have some of the major technology brands, these brands have…”

A guard had spotted David and things were not looking good for him.

“What do you think you’re doing here listening to the meeting”

“I dropped my Identification”

“You think I’m stupid or what huh you’re not fooling me”
“You’re not as stupid as you seem” David smirked

“Oh you asked for it,” said the guard as he tried to punch David.

 David dodged the punch and struck one back, the guard looked at him and took out his baton. He swung the baton and landed a hit on David’s face.

“That’s it I was going easy on you but know, know you’re going to see what I’m capable of.”

“Huh so you were going easy no wonder you felt like my training”

David got into a jujitsu stance and so did the guard they looked at each other and gave a death stare. David was beating the guard but they had forgotten that they were outside of a meeting. Luckily for them, they were listening to a video. The guard was beaten and as David got up and put his back to him the guard reached for the gun in his holster.

“You thought you were all that”, he said as he breathed heavily.

He didn’t feel anything he realized the gun was gone he looked around thinking that he had accidentally dropped it, his eyes were wide and he was desperate.


“You know you should be more careful next time because I'm Your worst nightmare”

He took out a pistol and looked at it and then at the guard. He shot the guard’s knees and then approached him and stabbed a knife in his shoulder and shot him.

***

It was night time and David was tired. His office doubled as bedrooms because they could not leave the premises. Only agents who were sent to terminate possible threats could go out. He was neighbors with Christopher a good friend of his who had been able to get out of the facility.

“Hey Chris could you do me a solid for 12 specters”

“Yeah what do you want.”

“I took out a guard and well I don’t know where to hide the body.”

“Give me ten more specters and I’ll do it it’s a big risk and you know it”

“Fine just shut up and do it, here you go”

David got 20 specters from his briefcase and handed them to Chris. Specters are a currency that is used by these agents and it has a value of about 20 dollars. Chris made his way out through a window in the file room to which only very few agents had access. The facility was located in a remote forest that had a garden on the top to not arouse any suspicion. He walked to the river where he disposed of the body he looked around and headed back but he dropped a phone with a flashing light. Phones had been taken away from everyone once they joined the organization. He came back and checked the hallway making sure nobody was there. He went to David’s office. 

“Hey job is done”

“Thanks, man”

“Hey nobody saw you right”

“No everything is fine”

“You know I just wonder what happened out there after our disappearance,” said Christopher.

“We sealed our fate that day when we meet up with them,” said David as he looked once again at the picture.

“See you tomorrow Chris”

“See you, David”

It was 3:00 am and David could not sleep there was something that was not allowing him to do so.

“The files what could they possibly have”

“I can’t understand why the files were changed something going on”

“How am I going to get ahold of the files”

A smile came onto his face and he looked under his bed he had left the guard’s uniform and helmet in a box. He put it on but as he picked up the vest an ID fell but something was off. The guy’s face was different from the one he had seen when the helmet was taken off.

 

“Something it just isn’t right.”

“First it was the USB and now it’s this”


He put on the suit took the gun and headed towards Alexander’s office. He checked the hallway as he was outside and opened the door and looked around. Alexander was sleeping when he suddenly moved and David quickly ducked before he could get caught. David got up and saw the files they were lying on the desk.


“There they are”

“I just need to see what is going on.”

David turned on the small flashlight attached to the helmet. He quickly opened the file but it was not the same it was about the economics and population of the world. He opened the cabinets and looked through every file but found nothing. When he heard Alex getting up. He quickly turned off the light and his behind the desk. Davids’s hands started to sweat but fortunately, Alexander headed to the restroom. As David got up he noticed the USB on Alexander’s bookshelf. He left to his room and hid the USB

David, you out of bed the next morning and headed for the computer and started it up. He put in the USB and opened up a file on his computer that needed to be accessed with a passcode.

“ That guy is so stupid the password could even be happy,” David said.

“I knew it”

He opened the file just as Christopher came into his room. David closed the tab and hid the USB but Chris saw him.

“What were you looking at?”

“Nothing man”

“I saw you you cant lie”

“Look I can't tell you okay”

“I hid a body for you and you’re not going to tell me”

“I paid you for that okay”

“Yeah but you know you cant access files that you are not authorized to”

“And you can’t go off the facility”

“Cmon just tell me”

“Fine I stole the USB from Alexander last night”

“Why would you do that”

“I needed information okay”

“You know what I never heard anything because I’m not getting in trouble”

“Whatever man just leave”

Christopher walked out of the room and looked back he took a phone out of his suit and sent a single message, Stealth Operation initiates, someone knows. David locked his door and opened the file and found pictures taken secretly of important people and billionaires. There was a file that had plans to dominate the world via phones and computers. He reached a file that had been double encrypted and much more secure. He managed to open it and as soon as he did the computer turned off and broke. It was a terminating virus that had destroyed his computer and only certain computers were immune to these viruses.

“They’re hiding something way more serious than I thought”

He left his office and went to the captain’s office to go pick up his work and bought a new computer it was expensive but the type that was needed to be able to retrieve the information. He was leaving when Alexander patted him on the back.

“You thought I wouldn’t notice that you stole my USB last night”

“What are you talking about, you know what just go back and rest man you really need it”

“You’re going to give it back or I will be forced to tell the captain that not only did you steal the files but that you also committed murder on this facility.”

“I don’t know what you’re talking about man”

“Fine, we’ll see that later and by the way I recommend not damaging your computer again, worst nightmare,” Alexander said mockingly.

David left but was not quite able to understand how it was that Alexander knew all of those details and events. When he suddenly realized the guard’s suit could be rigged he took out the helmet and took it apart. There was a camera right there that had recorded him. He ran the files on the new computer again but accessed a different file that showed an officer being killed. That’s when he understood why the man was different. He got up and headed to the captain’s office to tell him but realized he could get in trouble.

“Hey David, what are you working on?”

David looked back and saw Camila his colleague standing at the doorway. 

“Nothing much just some paperwork I’m supposed to finish.”

She handed him some more files to work on. It was getting dark outside and David had almost finished doing his work and was getting drowsy when he received an email with an image of him saying IM WATCHING YOU. David looked around the office and up at the ceiling.

“Who is it, come out I don’t have time for your games”

He received another email “ Who said I wanted to play a game”

“Where are you!!”

“Behind you,” said Alexander with a grin.

“UH”

What was that said David he had gotten tired that he had slept while he was working. He turned in his work and was going to change into his pajamas when he heard a detonation outside. He made sure he wasn’t dreaming when he suddenly heard gunshots and people screaming. 

“Smoke them, they’ll put our plans at risk watch out for David he’s the main threat he’s been investigating us.” the voice sounded familiar but rather muffled.

“Yes sir”

Suddenly Davids’s door got kicked down by a man wearing a mask and pointing a gun at him.

“Hands up buddy, times up”

“Times up for who,” said David as he took the gun and hit the guy unconscious on the floor and shoot him.

David then proceeded to hit the other two who charged right at him. He ran through the hall and got up to the second floor where he ran for the guard headquarters. David crouched and shot the glass bottle on the floor. The intruder guard suddenly turned around and most of the guard’s bodies were on the ground.  He punched him unconscious, got a vest, and picked up two guns, he heard footsteps coming up the stairs and saw a smoke bomb. He knew what to do in this scenario he picked up a gas grenade and threw it right in the smoke and shot at the smoke and heard coughing. He put on a gas mask and started heading to Alexander’s office.  There he saw a computer uploading files into the worldwide web that would help their plans in world domination. He was about to stop the uploads when suddenly he got knocked out from behind. He woke up strapped to a chair and his legs were tied.

***

“Such a nice a view don’t you think”

“What are you doing you know you can’t do this”

“Yet I did”

“I knew you were hiding something this was all you”

“Yes, I misplaced the file for you to try to find out”

“How does that help your plan,” said David as he tried to cut the rope.

“You see the virus that destroyed your computer exported important information from the WTPO databases to us the 3546.”

David was struggling to break free from the ropes but succeeded and grabbed Alexander in a headlock.

“I knew you wouldn’t give up,” said Alexander as he brandished a knife and stabbed David.

David backed away and looked at Alexander who was smiling at him.

“Fight me like a man if you can Alexander”

“You’re no match for me David”


They went at hand-to-hand combat David was losing to Alexander but he threw a kick at him that made him fall back. He got him and dragged his body and broke his legs and punched his nose. He shot the computer to stop all the file downloads.

“Give up, the games over Alexander, your whole mission has failed”

“You’ll never understand, you’ve only taken out a pawn, when will you learn that the world will expect nothing from you.”

“The king is way more powerful than you think David”

“What king?”

“Somebody who is way more powerful than you think somebody who can manipulate you,”

“The dream was real,”

“Of course, it was, you idiot”

“WHO IS HE,” said David.

Alexander shot himself and David yelled.

“WHO IS HE”

“IT’S ME” and David fell to the ground unconscious.



Similar books


JOIN THE DISCUSSION

This book has 0 comments.