Little Things That Matter | Teen Ink

Little Things That Matter

September 28, 2018
By Anonymous

When it comes to school looks is all you get .From the popular to the not so popular,it's all about looks. Everyone wanting that perfect body shape to flawless makeup,wanting to be like everyone else.Some people like me want that but know they will never have it or be it. Just having to look at myself in a mirror or a photo I can't stand,not knowing I'm good enough.With every glaring eye from the 2500 students at school makes a barrier for people,comments,and rumors.Knowing I'm not well enough for others just makes me feel pathetic,and thinking “will I ever have that one day?” With every girl at school showing off their nice body by wearing crop tops and booty shorts makes me more insecure.While walking down the halls pressing my textbooks up against my stomach to make me think less about it,comparing it to everyone else. While passing by couples displaying PDA makes me think of myself even more and knowing that I'm not good enough for anybody to have “that kind of relationship.” Even with my friends saying “oh your not fat don't say that” that's what they think, I think entirely different about myself. I get they say those “kind words” just to make you think differently,but once you've been comparing yourself to others for so long those words really don't affect you… People say words have a hard impact,and they do.With people's low self esteem cause of some “words” that were sent for them,they do stick with us.I know I'm not the only one who thinks this way but I feel like I'm the only different one in this whole world.With the words of “just let what people say go through one ear out the other” doesn't apply to me when the same things are constantly playing through my mind. “you'll get over it” they say, does not apply with me…