Education | Teen Ink

Education

By patriciamh92 BRONZE, Miramar, Florida
patriciamh92 BRONZE, Miramar, Florida

Education is one of the most important things in my life. It makes a big influence and I think that without it my life wouldn't be the same as if I had an education. There's two type of education which is discipline and knowledge but I think that both of them are different and its important to have both. People wouldn't have knowledge, a better future and ect. without going to school and having an education. Even though you could also get an education or learn things from you families and friends it's not the same as going to a schools.

In my opinion if someone forcibly tells me that I´m not able to go to school the next day or for the rest of my life I would be wondering if something was wrong. I would go to school and ask what happened first before anything else. But to be honest I don't like going to school so I wouldn´t think that it's such a big problem. Not being able to go to school is something that people don't want because having an education for everyone is just something really important now. So if someone is forcing you not to go to school then you should stand up for yourself because there's nothing that you did for you to deserve this. According to the article ¨Standing With Malala: Meet the Girls Who Survived the Taliban and Kept Going to School ¨ it states, ¨ I should speak up for the girls who are not going to school. I should speak up for myself, that education is my right.¨ This evidence shows how you should speak up for yourself or other people who are forced not to go to school. I would always think that something is wrong if they just don't let us go to school.

In addition, I think that not letting me go to school is something that I don't want because not having the knowledge that I want so that I can have a better future and get a job. I might protest or do something else for them to let me and other people back to school.

Standing up for the rights that we deserve is an important thing because getting an education is one of the simple rights that we have. Going to school and getting an education is just almost everything in life. According to the article ¨Standing With Malala: Meet the Girls Who Survived the Taliban and Kept Going to School¨ it states, ¨Without education I can’t do anything. I think no one can do anything. By education you know the world. ¨ This tells how people think that without education they can't do anything. Those students like us think that going to school is just everything we think about at this age.

Furthermore, if I was prohibited from school I would go protest or join a group of people who are facing the same thing to gain back our rights to go back to school. I think that I should do that because if I don´t go and gain back my rights no one else would do that for me. According to the article ¨Standing With Malala: Meet the Girls Who Survived the Taliban and Kept Going to School¨ it states, ¨They spoke to YES! in November about how their experience led them to stand up for other girls— not just in Pakistan, but everywhere.¨ This is showing that those students who are prohibited to go to school got together to gain back their rights to go back to school. So it depends on your choice but if you don't stand up for your rights nobody would.

As a result, in my opinion if I am not allowed to go to school I would feel like I did something wrong because they are just banning us from school without a reason. So I would go and fight for my rights to go back to school because those are one of the simple rights that we have. Protesting and fighting for my rights is also an important thing that I would do. I couldn't relate this to myself because I have never experienced this before so it's hard for me to relate. But this is just my point of view about this certain event.