How to Have the Best Summer Ever | Teen Ink

How to Have the Best Summer Ever

February 20, 2019
By Anonymous

If you’re ever bored in the summer and don’t know what to do, this list can help you think of something. This list has ideas from going on vacation, to just playing a game. No one wants to waste their summer, and this list will ensure that you don’t waste yours.


Go to the pool! There are so many fun things to do at the pool like, play sharks and minnows, go off the high dive, and hang out with your friends. While your there you can lay out by the pool and get tan!

Go on a vacation! You could go to the beach, the mountains, or the city! No matter where you go you’ll definitely have a great time. If you go to the beach you can make a sandcastle or play in the ocean. If you go to the mountains you can go skiing or just watch a movie with a bunch of blankets. Finally if you go to the city you can shop, at stores like topshop, forever 21, or just the mall. You can also go sightseeing or go to a play like Hamilton.

Hang out with your friends. When you’re with your friends there are so many things you can do. You can watch movies, bake, or just sit and talk. You can also go out and do something like shop, go to an amusement park, or walk around outside. You can have a sleepover after too!  

Go camping. If you go camping, depending where you go, the view can be beautiful. You can lay and look at the stars, sit around the campfire and roast marshmallows, or go on a hike. Camping is always a fun thing to do when you need an adventure!

Play a game. There are so many fun games you can play whether it be a board game or a game you play outside! If you want to play a board game, there are tons of great ones like monopoly, chutes and ladders, and candy land. If you want to play a game outside, you can play tag, hide and seek, or kickball.

Go see a movie. Movies are a great idea if you’re bored and want something to do. There are always great movies to see, especially in the summer! If it’s nice out you might be able to watch one outside.

 Play a sport. If you play a sport, like field hockey, soccer, or lacrosse, practice it! Sports are a great way to spend your free time during the summer, and if you have a game or practice you can go to that. If you don’t have a practice or game you can just practice in your backyard.

Go out to dinner. You and your friends can go out to dinner if you want to have a great meal! You can go somewhere nice like Le Moo or you can go somewhere quick like yankee noodle. Either way it’ll be a great time and you can bring your friends!

Bake with your friends. There are so many things you can bake like cakes, cookies, brownies, cake pops, or even pie! If you find a good recipe you’ll have a delicious dessert to share with your friends.  Baking gives you a great treat, and it’s fun to do!

Go shopping. If it’s rainy out, shopping is a great option. It’s always fun to look at new outfits while you shop, and maybe even buy some! While your at the mall you can have lunch in the food court, buy new outfits, and just have a good time.

These are only a couple of things you can do during the summer, but all of them will ensure you a great time! Whether it be swimming in the pool or going out to dinner, doing the things in this list will make your summer the best one yet!