Noel Returned | Teen Ink

Noel Returned

By Rue878 BRONZE, Ayersville, Ohio
Rue878 BRONZE, Ayersville, Ohio

The article was called Noel Returned by Esmé Kaplan-Kinsey on page 72. The summary of this article is that a student needs to get her project done for journalism class and she wanted to interview her grandpa and her grandpa tells a story about the war and his friend Noel.

The article was sad because it gripped me into the story and made me want to read more. The story used a lot of phrases to try to let the reader try to understand what they mean, one phrase was, “He recounts how he and Noel would lie next to each other in the dark, whispering until sunrise because human interaction seemed to be the only thing that kept the ghosts at bay.” I can’t relate how this would be in my school or town because when you are in a school or town there isn’t anything to make you emotional, but the army can make you really emotional.  You could see a friend die from a grenade and have to remember that for the rest of your life, “A grenade spiraled toward the machine and blew grandpa into the thicket.” Wars can even break soldiers over the limit to what they have to witness out on the battlefield. The article was really forward on telling you on how war is and what can happen during the war.

This article was histrorical and gave characteristics about war

Esmé GOLD said...
Esmé GOLD, Petaluma, California
Hi @Rue878. I'm so glad my piece inspired you to write this ! :)

Esmé GOLD said...
Esmé GOLD, Petaluma, California