Student-Curated College Readiness Website | Teen Ink

Student-Curated College Readiness Website

March 31, 2019
By mcreached BRONZE, Staten Island, New York
mcreached BRONZE, Staten Island, New York
1 article 0 photos 0 comments

My business proposal is to create a website for college-bound teenagers, by teenagers. There are a variety of scholarship websites out there that compile a list of grants and contests. However, many of these websites are either not comprehensive enough or receive funding from specific scholarships. Teens often depend solely on these websites and because they don’t do enough research on these opportunities, their personal information is compromised and they miss out on other options.

My website would curb these obstacles and it benefits both the website and the student. It would be a student-voiced site with places for high schoolers to communicate about opportunities. For a very low fee per month, students would be able to access a peer-curated list of scholarships, college programs, and camps from which the website receives no funding. Rather, the revenue stems from the subscriptions. We can pitch the website to whole schools and school districts who can cover the subscription cost for their student body at a group price. Anybody can post potential opportunities ranging from literary magazine contests to college essay writing seminars, as long as they are approved by the board, and their incentive is that they receive points. As you compile points, you can cash them in for a monetary reward. With the entire college-admissions and finance aspect covered in detail by real high school students, this site will become the go-to for schools and students alike.