War of the World | Teen Ink

War of the World

We don’t make friends in school, we make allies. Friends are people you can talk to, people we can rely on to keep and hold our deepest secrets. In school we’re so afraid to open up, we simply surround ourselves with people, in order to give us a sense of a security. Our “friends” are our soldiers, and together we are an army. Within these armies there is a heart, a culture to be found. I belong to a family ,a guild, we are a family. Together we fight our battles, and though some are cut down in battle or switch sides, we will always carry those memories deep within our souls. Anyone can join our army, if they are strong of heart and soul. We don’t beleive in armor or swords. We beleive in our voice. Alone we may stumble and fall, but together we will carry each other towards the rising sun. Together we are strong. Combined our voices carry weight within other military groups. Then there’s dark guilds, armies of people who fight, strive, to cause harm to others. Dark guilds are filled with people who’ve been hurt, and want to give what they’ve been dealt. My job, within my army, is to help those within these dark guilds find hope and relief. I’m a converter, a prophet of hope. It is my job to help everyone find and be happy with themselves. Look around. Look at the soldiers that surround you. Who are they. Who are you. What are the colors of your flag. By what words have you bonded together in brotherhood, and sisterhood. What carries your hopes and dreams for tomorrow. Together we are an army, let us bond together to face all trials and tribulations that come next. We will face them together.

This was inspired by my realization that bullies stand together when they make fun of people, and those who face these bullies also stand together with groups to do “battle.”