Being in the fire service | Teen Ink

Being in the fire service

By Jesus-Aguayo BRONZE, Sacramento, California
Jesus-Aguayo BRONZE, Sacramento, California

"let me put your mind at ease i'm never telling you everything" James Spader

Does it feel good to help people? I think it feels good to help people because helping people is like an adrenalin because your moving around putting out fires chopping through things and then after your done doing all these things people say thank you to you and it makes you feel good because there thanking you for helping them as much as you could. My goal is to join the Sacramento Fire Department to help people in need.

Being a firefighter is difficult because after you go through the process of getting a High school diploma and going to college you have to go through the process of getting hired. But once your done with that you have to be the recruit for the first couple of years. Being a firefighter is dangerous sometimes because sometimes you might have to have to risk your life to save someone else's life for example sometimes you might need to go into a burning building to save someone or something and that's a big risk considering you could get trapped inside.

What I might need to accomplish this goal is to finish highschool with good grades sort of with like Aś and Bś maybe one or two Cś after I complete this task I will need to get accepted into a good college that has a class where you I can get a degree in fire science. My step for this would be to get into riverside college where I can get the degree I will also do some volunteer work so that that looks good in my transcript especially since I already joined Sacramentoś first fire academy for the youth.

The help I will need is to have teachers that will be hard on me tell me the truth of things that I did wrong and how I can fix my mistakes I will also need some good peers in college that will help me accomplish my goal who will support me and explain things to me after that I will complete the things that are required to become a firefighter 

In conclusion, being in the fire service is my prior dream. Helping people that need the help and making them feel better. The path to joining the fire service is going to be difficult but if I stay in school get support that I might need i know i can do it.

Something about me is that i really want to join the fire service and i was in a youth academy for firefihters