How Mans Best Friend got his own Best Friend | Teen Ink

How Mans Best Friend got his own Best Friend

It was a normal Friday afternoon everyone excited for the weekend. Especially me, I have asked my dad for a dog. "Ok I'll try to get one" my dad replied. That afternoon the most amazing gift was waiting for me in the car after school. 

As I was walking towards the car, I noticed a slight movement in the distance. As I got in the car, I realized that it was a little puppy I got excited as the little dog came and greeted me. The dog was a Chihuahua with dark brown hair mixed with light brown we named him Hersheys. When we got the house the first thing he did was go up to a mirror and bark at thinking it was another dog he was a very playful dog and ran all over the house.

A whole week passed and it was a Saturday evening and my dad came from work. But he wasn't alone, he came with another dog and it was the brother of Hersheys. The dog was also a Chihuahua with light brown hair and was even more energetic than the first one we named him Maple. He liked to play and run around. But a month passed and Maple escaped from the house an evening in the dark and we didn't notice until it was seven in the morning. And that was the last time we ever saw him. 

At the end we were left with Hersheys and we still have him but he is older now and we trained him to not leave. I like to play around with him if you have a bad day he will always greet you with bark. He has been a great friend and I hope to have him for many more years.