Fear | Teen Ink

Fear

By mihir234 BRONZE, Saratoga, California
mihir234 BRONZE, Saratoga, California

For this piece, I wanted to pursuit Metaphors and Repetition. The “shadow” in my set-piece is portraying fear in a character form. I used repetition a lot in my writing such as when I say it takes you over. I say this to emphasize on my point and to get people to really understand what I am trying to say. I have dealt with this my whole life so I wanted to put it in my own perspective, first-person. 

The reason I chose/like this piece is that it is a universal topic that everyone can relate to. It is something I have struggled with my whole life so it is a deeper topic for me to talk about. To me, it is an interesting topic because it is a concept we have made in our minds that have caused us to be scared of. 

Fear

I have always had fears growing up. How it chases me until I get tired. A shadow hovering over me, drowning me in my own sorrows. Its power to reach inside of your mind. Never-ending thoughts, and the dark void exposing your true feelings covered by a mask of your own disguise. It laughs upon you, as you tremble in weakness thinking of a way out. As we all prepare for our futures, fear is an emotion that is unavoidable. However, each of us reacts to our fears differently. Fear helps us to understand our insecurities and therefore prepares us to face them. Fear reveals important aspects of our personality and uncovers our true mentality as a person. You may be able to temporarily get your mind off it but ultimately, the only way to face and overcome fear is to take it head-on. 

Trying to achieve: 

-Repetition
-First Person
-Metaphors

This piece is about fear and the struggles it has to offer.