5'2" | Teen Ink

5'2" MAG

5'2", 140 pounds. This means nothing to you right? To me, it is a shadow that follows me everywhere, lurking behind corners and trees, ready to strike just when I think I'm having a pretty good day. I see friends, strangers, relatives who weigh 100 pounds, 110 pounds, a dream that is out of my reach. You are probably thinking, Stop whining and go on a diet. Easier said than done.

The Weight Loss Clinic, the Diet Workshop, the bean sprout diet, the rice cake diet, the don't diet diet, I've been on all of them, and failed at all of them. The Hostess Company is always one step ahead of me, putting the Ho-Ho's next to the Slim Fast and the Ring-Dings next to the celery. A dirty trick, true, but it works.

My friends say, "You are not fat! You look fine!" Maybe in a baggy sweater, but put me in a bathing suit and you wouldn't see a beach clear faster if there were a shark in the water! All adults have names for me - "chunky," "hefty," "she has meat on her bones," and my favorite, "PP"(pleasantly plump). Every one cuts like a knife.

I imagine the day when I will walk down the street and gorgeous guys will gasp at my inner beauty, but I'm not holding my breath! I know that there are kids worse off than I, but where are they? I only see cheerleaders, future models and prom queens.

Don't get me wrong, there are advantages to being overweight. I don't have to worry about my boyfriend cheating on me because I don't have a boyfriend. I also don't have to search for the perfect bikini - I'm afraid the roar of the laughter would scare some herd of buffalos in Canada or something.

This is turning into a full-fledged pity party so I will leave you with my favorite saying, "I'm not fat, I'm just short for my weight!" n

fuzzybootsrawr BRONZE, New York, New York
1 article 1 photo 8 comments

"beauty is in the eye of the beholder"

but everyone says that so its not much advice for her im the same height and i weigh just as much and i try to let ppl know idc if im fat so f'in what?!

kindyxkandy BRONZE, Richmond, Virginia

"You have to suck before you get to success. It's about the journey."

Weight issues are something most us teenage girls struggle with, but I'll be the first to tell you and any other girl out there; your beautiful. Your beautiful not only inside, but outside too, whether you think so or not. As soon as you start being confident in yourself, boys will notice. That is one thing guys like in a girl, confidence, it shows they look more for that than looks.

Don't worry about bikinis, rock a one piece, or a tankini. Don't worry about finding a boyfriend, just be sure of yourself, and a boy will find you.

I'm not chunky, but I'm not slim either. I have a little extra fat were it shouldn't be, and yeah, I know, and sometimes it bothers me. But I like myself the way I am, and my boyfriend likes me this way too. I would much rather I, you, and any other girl, have a little extra meat on her bones than be twig thin.

Next time your feeling down about your weight, just remember, you ARE beutiful. Those who matter won't care what you look like, and those who are petty enough to care, don't matter anyways :)