I'M Fifteen And... I'M Scared | Teen Ink

I'M Fifteen And... I'M Scared MAG

By Anonymous

   I'm fifteen years old...and I'm scared. I'm scared about what's happening to the world and what's happening to the people in it.

My parents say everything has changed since they were my age. But what has changed? Who has changed? They were here while everything was going on so why couldn't they do something about it?

I don't understand, if people know that they are polluting, dumping chemical waste and destroying rain forests, why do they do it? Is it selfishness because they know they won't have to deal with it in their lifetime? It's not right that people care more about money than their environment and this is why I am scared.

It's the people that have changed. Half of them don't really know what's going on, which is hard to believe. Who can ignore poverty, the ozone layer, drug use and many other problems we face.

Do people really want war? If they don't, why do we keep making weapons? There are bombs that could wipe out whole cities and worse. And the effects of it would be just as bad. By having these kinds of weapons, is the government saying we will have war? Even though we are getting rid of some weapons we could destroy them all and then stop war all together. Shouldn't all people work together?

Everyone says that things are being done to repair the damage that has been done but I think we can do more. I think we have to do more. Imagine if everyone helped! If more people knew what was going on maybe things would change.

It's up to the kids today who will be in charge of the world tomorrow to do something now. So that our kids won't have to say they are scared. n