Review Essay | Teen Ink

Review Essay

June 1, 2020
By JohnnyTest BRONZE, Hartland, Wisconsin
JohnnyTest BRONZE, Hartland, Wisconsin
1 article 0 photos 0 comments

I’ve worked at Jimmy Johns for a while now, so I’ve always had money to pay for stuff I either want, or am craving. Most of the time I spend my money on food, but lately because of the pandemic, I haven’t been able to pay for food cause I was temporarily removed from the schedule so I had no job. I’ve been craving Doblados, which is a taco truck located downtown Oconomowoc, next to many beautiful buildings. So I had to beg my mother to pay for it one night. 

For my first time trying Doblados, I encountered a waft of delicate, welcoming smells of steak, chicken and beef entering swiftly through my nose. Although it may not be the healthiest food, the taste and quality of each bite of anything off the menu makes you want to close your eyes and imagine yourself in a happy place in Mexico. it's the best Mexican I’ve ever had, which is why I like to get different food each time I’m there. I feel the same as looking at the spongebob popsicle, or the chocolocos as a kid at an ice cream truck. It’s so hard to choose the one you really want. 

Not only is the food amazing, but many times will the workers offer candy from a free bucket, hand sanitizer and napkins for the customers. Along with the sweetest, smoothest, most satisfying drink known to my brain, Jarritos. Nothing is more satisfying than being yelled at by a grumbly stomach, then all of a sudden hearing an angelic like voice calls out to you. “Two burritos and a Jarrito!”. The only way to feel the same way, is to experience it at the Dobaldos in Oconomowoc, Wisconsin. Overall, in my opinion Doblados is the best Mexican around. 


The author's comments:

I like turtles.